DISCIPLESHIP........Past, PRESENT,
FUTURE!
Scripture: Psalms 100

In Acts chapter 2, we read about Pentecost, and read Peter's POWERFUL sermon....so powerful that those who listened were CONVICTED, and asked this question, 'WHAT MUST WE DO"?

Peter gave his reply in Acts 2:38-41

Let's look AGAIN at Acts 2:42-45.

LETS look at 5 points that pertain to WHAT the Early Apostolic Church DID .

Perhaps, WE can learn a valuable lesson from this verse!

#1. Continued in the Apostle's Doctrine (CHURCH)
#2.And Fellowship...(SS)
#3.And in Breaking of Bread..(FELLOWSHIP DINNER).
#4. AND in prayers! (PRAYER MEETING)

Here we are today! We are fellowshipping together are we not? Didn't we just spend time together discussing the Sabbath School Lesson and sharing thoughts TOGETHER?

And NOW we are continuing in the Apostle's Creed, sharing the points of doctrine we hold in common.

WHY are we in church together, this morning?
#1 1 CHRONICLES 16:29;
Psalms 29:2..... TO WORSHIP the Lord!

TELL ME , Friends! When we go to heaven, will we be worshipping God on the Sabbath?
Isaiah 66:23 "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another (month), AND FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER (Sabbath), SHALL ALL FLESH come to worship before ME, saith the Lord."

WHO is included in this phrase "ALL FLESH"?

Angels? Hebrews 1:6 LP "And let ALL the angels of God WORSHIP Him."

Are there OTHER reasons why we come to church on the Sabbath?
Ex.20:8-11 God said 'REMEMBER the Sabbath day to keep it holy... The 7th day is THE Sabbath of the Lord Your God...He rested, blessed and hallowed it!
#2 The Sabbath is God's HOLY day. In only ONE place in all of the Bible is the Sabbath ientified as 'MY HOLY DAY" Isa 58:13

According to the Bible, The Son of man is Lord of the Sabbath. Matt.12:8; Mark 2:27-28.

Tell me friends, WHICH DAY is the Lord's Day?

When one considers that the Gospel of John was written around
98-100 AD, and John the beloved, wrote these words If you love Me , keep My commandments (John 14:15), Do you think he got mixed up when he wrote Revelation (2 years earlier 96AD), and said "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day"(Rev.1:10)..Do you honestly believe that John the Beloved, aka John the Revelator got his days confused?...and is referring to The Lord's Day as being Sunday?

Discipleship! WHAT IS IT?

Webster: "One who takes another as his teacher"
"Training, especially of the kind that produces self-control, orderliness, OBEDIENCE, and the capacity for Co-operation."

WHAT IS THE BIBLE DEFINITION?
John 8:31-32

Notice Jesus said UNTO THE JEWS! Are YOU a Jew?

Genesis 17:1-2 tells us about a Special Agreement (COVENANT) that God made with Abraham. And notice Abrahmam's age 99!

Well, we know HOW Abraham HELPED God out with this covenant.
All we need to do is look to the Middle Eastr tonite, and realize that's man's plans are not in accordance with God's plans.

BUT in Galatians 3:26-29, WE have an AWESOME PROMISE! Let's READ IT, shall we?

YES! We are Jews..SPIRITUAL JEWS!

IT'S JEWISH!
When we present God's Holy Law, and arguments from the Scriptures draw,
Objector's say, to pick a flaw, "It's Jewish"! (Rom.7:7;Matt.5:17-20)
Though at the first Jehovah blessed and sanctified His day of rest,
The same belief is still expressed:"It's Jewish."
(Gen.2:3:Ex.20:11)
Though with the world this rest began, and thence through all the Scripture ran,
And Jesus said, 'Twas made for man,
"It's Jewish!" (Mark 2:27-28)
Though not with Jewish rites which passed, BUT with the Moral Law 'twas classed,
Which must endure while time shall last,"It's Jewish!" (Ex.20:8-11;Isa.58:13-14;Ps.111:7-8)
If from the Bible, we present
The Sabbath's meaning and intent,
This answers every argument: "It's Jewish!"
(Ex.31:16-17;Gal.3:27-28)
Though the disciples, Luke and Paul, continue still this rest to call the Sabbath Day, this answers all:"It's Jewish!" (Acts 13:42-44; Heb.4:4-11)
The Gospel teacher's plain expression, that "sin is of the Law transgression."
Seems not to make the least impression-"It's Jewish!"( 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-12)
They love the rest of man's invention; But if Jehovah's day we mention,
This puts an end to all contention: "It's Jewish!"
(Dan.7:25;Col.2:8)
O ye, who thus God's day abuse,
Simply because 'twas kept by Jews,
The Saviour TOO, you must refuse-"He's Jewish!"(John 4:9,22)
The Scriptures, then, we may expect,
For this same reason you'll reject,
If YOU but stop to recollect "They're Jewish!"(Rom.3:1-2)
Thus, the Apostles, TOO, must fall; for Andrew, Peter, James and Paul-
And Thomas, Matthew, John and ALL,"WERE JEWISH!" (Acts 13:46; Matt.10:5-6)
So to your helpless state resign yourself,
in wretchedness to pine,
SALVATION SURELY YOU'LL DECLINE,
"IT'S JEWISH!" (John 4:22)

#3 Another reason, WHY we should come to worship God on the 7th day SABBATH.
Eph.4:11-13 EDIFICATION, harmony, UNITY!

In their CONSTANT FELLOWSHIP WITH ONE ANOTHER, the Bible tells us in Acts 2:43 "Many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. Notice verses 44-47.
Remember our 5 points about WHAT the early Church did?
ACTS 2:45...#5. And they sold all that they had (TO ADVANCE THE WORK) SACRIFICE!!

Are we utilizing ALL our means to ADVANCE the cause of God?

IF we are serious, will we change any of our lifestyles, to preach the gospel?

Through unity and SACRIFICE,, verse 47 , The church INCREASED DAILY.

I can't help wondering, IF WE FOLLOWED ALL 5 of these Bible principles, would there NOT be a GREAT REVIVAL AND REFORMATION in this church?

GC464 "Before the final visitation of God's judgments upon the earth, THERE WILL BE AMONG THE PEOPLE OF THE LORD, such a REVIVAL of Primitive Godliness as has not been witnessed SINCE APOSTOLIC TIMES.

WHAT DO THE ANGELS, JESUS, AND GOD'S PEOPLE HAVE IN COMMON?

You may be surprised by some of the things that we ALL, that is THE
ANGELS, JESUS, and GOD'S PEOPLE have. 5 POINTS
WHO ARE 'THE ELECT' ?
1 Tim.5:21 the angels
1Peter 2:6 JESUS
Col.3:12 God's people

WHO ARE SEALED?
Rev.7:2 the angels
John 6:27 JESUS
Rev.14:1-5 144000
Rev.7:3-4
Rev.9:4 wicked do NOT receive this seal

WHO KEEP GOD'S COMMANDMENTS?
Ps.103:20 the angels
John 15:10 JESUS
John 14:15 God's People
John 15:14 God's friends

Now there are 2 other characteristics, which You may or may not know about!

Was there any opposition with the Apostolic Church's revival and reformation?

Acts 5:17 Then the High Priest rose up. ND ALL THEY THAT WERE WITH HIM...and
were filled with indignation. And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison."

Now aren't you thankful that THAT happened in the time of the early church. It won't or can't happen again ,can it?

IS there a Time of Trouble ahead of us YET?
But won't we be "raptured" out of the tribulation?

Dan.12:1 "And at THAT TIME , Michael (Christ) shall stand up, the Great
Prince which stands for the children of thy people: and there shall be A TIME OF TROUBLE SUCH AS NEVER WAS since there was a nation even to the same time: AND AT THAT TIME THY PEOPLE SHALL BE DELIVERED, EVERY ONE THAT SHALL BE FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK."

THERE IS NO MENTION here SUGGESTING THAT GOD'S PEOPLE WILL BE "RAPTURED" OR
DELIVERED before THE time of trouble, BUT RATHER DURING the time of trouble.

1 Cor.10:11 tells us "NOW all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written FOR OUR ADMONITION, upon whom the ends of the earth are come."

End time Folks...that is US!

Who is OUR Example? These things were written "For Examples".

1 Peter 2:21 "For even hereunto were you called: (WHY?) BECAUSE, Christ also suffered for us, LEAVING AN EXAMPLE, that you should follow HIS steps."

Are you comfortable KNOWING that by following Jesus' Example, you/I will suffer persecution?

2 Tim 3:12"Yea, and ALL that live Godly in Christ Jesus shall (future tense) suffer persecution."

2 Tim.2:12"If we suffer, we reign with Him: if we deny Him, He will deny us."

"Let there be a REVIVAL OF THE FAITH AND POWER OF THE EARLY CHURCH, and the spirit of persecution will be REVIVED, and the fires
of persecution will be rekindled." GC48

WERE THE ANGELS IN HEAVEN PERSECUTED?
Rev.12:7-9,4"There was WAR in heaven.Jesus and His angels fought against the dragon."

Rev.12:4-5 Jesus was persecuted,
Matt 28:35 AND crucified

Rev.12:17 God's people are in a war TOO with Satan!
Eph.6:12 "We wrestle not against flesh and blood BUT AGAINST principalities, AGAINST powers, AGAINST THE RULERS OF DARKNESS OF THIS WORLD, AGAINST SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES."

DO YOU WANT TO BE AN OVERCOMER?

Rev.12:7 God's angels PREVAILED (overcame) Satan's angels.
John 16:33 Jesus OVERCAME THE WORLD.
1 John 5:4 "And this is the victory that overcometh the world, EVEN OUR FAITH!"

WHO IS HE THAT OVERCOMETH?
In the Book of Revelation, we are given the history of the Christian churches, There are 7 churches or eras--right from the early Christian Church to our day!

In fact, HISTORY shows the fulfillment of this prophecy.

#1...Ephesus- The City of Change..The apostolic Period from AD31-100
Rev.2:7"To him that overcometh, will I give to eat of the tree of life which is in the MIDST of the Paradise of God."

#2...Smyrna- The City of Life ....the Age of Persecution from AD100-321
Rev.2:11"Him that overcometh shall NOT BE HURT of the second death.

#3...Pergamum- The Royal City ....the Age of Apostasy dating from AD321-538
Rev.2:17 "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a NEW NAME written..."

#4...Thyatira- The City of Commerce....the Age of the Papacy dating from AD538-1517
Rev.2:26 "And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations.

#5...Sardis- The City of Death...the Post-Reformation Age AD1517-1798
Rev.3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in WHITE RAIMENT; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life."

#6...Philadelphia-The Missionary City , Time Period known as the Age of Missions dating from 1798-1844
Rev.3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God".

#7...Laodicea-The City of Wealth .... the Age of Indifference or Complacency dating from 1844 to Christ's 2nd ComingRev.3:21"To him that OVERCOMETH will I grant to sit with Me in My throne; even as I ALSO OVERCAME, and Am set down with My Father in His throne."!

Laodicea means "A people judged" very appropriate don't you think?
We notice, that this LAST CHURCH has several different things that God has against it. Perhaps, one of the most profound thoughts is that of "Thinking it needs nothing".

One of the leading religious denominations teaches its members, that they can "EARN THEIR SALVATION", better known as "salvation by works", AND SHOULD THAT FAIL, JUST "BUY YOUR WAY INTO HEAVEN"-through payment for indulgences.

Friends, in Ephesians 2:8-9 we read these words. "For by Grace are you saved thru faith, and that NOT of yourselves. It is the GIFT of God: not of works lest any man should boast.

When you receive a gift from someone, HOW MUCH DID you pay in order to get it? NOTHING!!!

Can we BUY our way to heaven?
How many ways are there to heaven?

John 14:6 "Jesus said, I AM the WAY, the Truth, and The Life. NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."

Where is God the Father? In heaven! John 17:1

We need the white robe of Jesus Righteousness, because our righteousness is NOT sufficient. Isa 64:6. Our righteousness will NOT save us.

"The great work of the gospel is not to close with less manifestation of the power of God than marked its opening. The prophecies which were fulfilled in the outpouring of the former rain at the opening of the gospel are AGAIN TO BE FULFILLED IN THE LATTER RAIN AT ITS CLOSE." GC611-2.

"The message will be carried not so much by argument as by THE DEEP CONVICTION OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD."Ibid. 612

My brothers and sisers, we are NOW living in the days JUST BEFORE the great tribulation. And we are going to see some things that will shake our very foundations.

"But the people of God will NOT be misled. The teachings of the false christ are not in accordance with the Scriptures..."

"Only THOSE who have been diligent students of the Scriptures AND who have received the love of the Truth will be shielded from the powerful delusion that takes the world captive. By the Bible testimony these will detect the deceiver in disguise."GC625

One day SOON, Beloved, Jesus will come again.

Will WE be found waiting and ready for Him,
OR will we be found wanting?

Will we be among God's ELECT?
Will we be SEALED?
Will we be keeping ALL of God's 10 commandments , or just the ones that are
convenient?
Will we Sacrifice to finish God's work?
And will we be overcomers? Will we trust in the merits of Jesus' Blood and His righteousness to cover our sins?

Hebrew 12:1-2"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, LET US LAY ASIDE EVERY WEIGHT, AND THE SIN which doth so easily beset us, AND LET US RUN WITH PATIENCE THE RACE THAT IS SET BEFORE US, LOOKING UNTO JESUS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH;"

Romans 13:11"And that knowing the time, THAT NOW IT IS HIGH TIME TO AWAKE OUT OF SLEEP: for NOW IS OUR SALVATION NEARER THAN WHEN WE BELIEVED."

Brothers and Sisters!

I commend to YOU Jesus Christ- Yours AND my Saviour and Redeemer!
He's coming back for His people, and
THIS TIME there will be NO DISAPPOINTMENT."

Keep the FAITH AS IT IS in Jesus IS my PRAYER FOR you TODAY, AMEN!

Closing Hymn 'Tis ALMOST TIME FOR THE LORD TO COME

BENEDICTION!