Is Heaven available to me ?
And
What Hope has God put within my reach?

If rules scare you when you consider your human weaknesses, and see that God and Heaven are holy and you are very liable to be unholy . If rules and situations like that scare you then the Ten Commandments are terrifying as long as you are on your own. (They ran away they were so scared) Genesis 3:1-24 (notice verse 15) They did not have to be alone - Jesus had stepped in and taken upon Himself responsibility for them - to put enmity or hatred for sin He had to implant the love of the truth. To crush the Devil’s head - He Jesus must put His own existence in place of their’s and His personal salvation in jeopardy to save them. The death of the sacrifices required skinning the sheep by Adam & Eve’s efforts. Those innocent sacrificial animals were symbols of Jesus taking their penalty for their sins, and He was right there explaining this to them. Their sheepskin clothes always reminded them of their sins & their Saviour. The rules from God and His Ten Commandments are terrifying alone, or clothes of remembrance and love and gratitude with Jesus as your Saviour. Which do you want terror, or love remembrance and gratitude? Terror you can get all by yourself. Love, remembrance, and gratitude comes only as Jesus Christ becomes and remains your Saviour. Do you want Jesus Christ, do you call on Him to become your Saviour just now? Adam and Eve did, though shame tried to stop them. Jesus is calling, He is calling your name. Answer Him with “Yes Lord here I am. As helpless as I am I give myself to You, please be my Saviour now .” The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He found them and successfully restored them.

When life over powers you and hopelessness chains you in unbreakable circumstances, you are trapped forever as long as you are on your own. (He called her a dog) Matthew 15:21-28 (notice verses 21 & 26) Jesus walked over one hundred miles round trip to reach her. She was helpless, He is not, she was imprisoned by circumstances, He has the keys to the prison doors of circumstances, she is powerless except for faith. He has no limits upon the power and authority to save and reaches her hand of faith before He ever starts walking to rescue her. He determines to save her and her daughter from their prison of idolatry and circumstances, as well as rescue His disciples from the prison of their cultivated prejudices. The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He heard her prayers before she prayed and set her free.

When you think nobody wants you and no one accepts you, even your lifestyle gets changed into trying to hide because you are on your own. (Dead water at high noon & living water spilled in town)John 4:1- (notice verses 6,7, 15-18) The woman was hiding from the other women, by coming during the heat of the day - 120 plus in the shade. A difficult task carrying a big pitcher of water on her head back to the city in the punishing heat when no one else would go out there. He met her & allured her to want living water, and she asked to get it. He started the process. The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He is the only One who always receives you.

When pride has ruined your spirit, and your past makes you ashamed because your reputation is difficult to cleanse on your own. (Breathing threatenings and slaughter for religion ...after all it’s for a good cause.)Acts 9:1-2 & 1 Corinthians 15:9-10 & Galatians 1:13-14 & Acts 26:8-15 (notice verses 9-11) He was a violent tempered religious zealot, who demanded church be run his way or else. Jesus met him while he was carrying out his mistaken zeal for God. Jesus stopped him, not in order to destroy him, but to transform him by rebuilding him after God’s order of things and not his own misguided zeal. The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He is the most humble and humilities’s best teacher. He alone can help the inside.

When your discouragement is so longstanding you can not find your way on your own.(Except I put my finger.)John 20:24-31 (notice verses 24-25) Jesus met Thomas where, Thomas was, and gave him evidence to build saving faith on. The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He is the best faith builder ever, anywhere.

When quiet conviction is growing and you yearn to find more, but feel on your own, unsure how to search.(He is of age ask him.)John 9:1-41(notice verses 25-38.) Jesus gave physical & spiritual sight in-spite of physically seeing but spiritually blind opposition. He is pledged to do the same for you. Come to Him, receive Him as your Saviour and Healer and follow and worship Him in-spite of modern Pharisees . They would not know Heaven when they saw it, remember they are voluntarily spiritually blind. Like the young man, put your focus and keep your focus upon Jesus. He had to deal with the things others did and did not do, how he dealt with those things was to cling to Jesus ever closer because of circumstances. The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He is the best light you will ever find.

When your past life is best kept hidden, and if it gets known it forces you out on your own, scorned and cursed by others. When the memories and things of that past weaken your present reaching out and hold on God, what does Jesus do for you, and in you to help you? (1.Taken in adultery...2.kiss his feet / 3..And such were some of you..washed /4. washed us in His own blood/5. cleansing conscience/6. this hope ...as He is pure.)1. John 8:1-12 (notice verses 3-12) & 2. Luke 7:31-50 (notice verses 36 - 50) & 3. 1 Corinthians 5:1 - 6:20 (notice verses 6:11 - 20) & 4. Revelation 1:1-5 (notice verse 5) & 5. Titus 1:15; Hebrews 9:9; Hebrews 9:14; Hebrews 10:2; Hebrews 10:22; Hebrews 13:18; 1 Peter 2:19; 1 Peter 3:16; 1 Peter 3:21 6. 1 John 3:1- 24 (notice verses 2-6) The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He is the best ever at fixing hearts and lives .

When people do bad things, terrifying things to you, and on your own you are too afraid to go on. (The room was shaken) Acts 4:1-33 (notice verses 24-33) The best solution is to give yourself and your problems to Jesus. He is fully confident in what He can do and is all powerful .

Standing ego autos like Romans chapter seven, there is no common denominator but weakness, failure, pain, fear of the present and dread of the future. Ego autos is Biblical Greek meaning I myself alone trusting in my own abilities. Paul could write about a jew he well knew, Saul of Tarsus. A religious jew without Christ and knowing too many of God’s rules to rest in complacency, but powerless to live those laws of God. His religious assumption was that living the law was his hope of salvation, and Saul of Tarsus was helpless and miserable and defeated by his own weakness . Saul of Tarsus was Paul before his conversion to the faith of Jesus Christ. Until you surrender to Jesus and take Him as your personal Saviour and Lord and follow Him and His teachings, you are chained in ego autos. If you backslide away from Jesus either in or outside Church you return to ego autos . Jesus must rescue you again. He is willing and glad to. If not I would not be here myself either.

NO ONE EVER CARED FOR ME LIKE JESUS:

THE HISTORY AND CONVERSION OF CHARLES WEIGLE THE HYMN'S COMPOSER.

On the banks of the Walbash River stands the prosperous Midwestern city of LaFayette, Indiana, county seat of Tippecanoe County, and hometown of Purdue University. When Purdue was a young, growing school just two years old, Charles Frederick Weigle was born, November 20, 1871, into the family of a God-fearing, German-Lutheran baker and his wife. The Weigle family was composed of twelve members, five boys and seven girls; it was a typical German family. As a boy, young Charles Weigle was accustomed to hearing his father pray; and Bible reading was observed at family worship every morning immediately following breakfast.

Charles Weigle was converted at the age of twelve after being under conviction for quite some time. The Methodist Church of LaFayette was having a series of revival meetings in a little frame church where his parents attended. A great number of his friends and playmates came under conviction and were going forward during the progress of the meeting. This made an indelible impression upon young Charles Weigle, even though he resisted longer than most of the others. Then one night a strong overpowering realization that he was lost came over him. The testimony of his conversion is as follows:

"I was born and reared in a Christian home. Every member of our family attended church services and went to Sunday School. We had family worship in the home every morning. I suppose I was about as good as the average boy of my age. I had a bad temper, however; and by the time I was 12 years of age, I was fighting with my brothers and the neighbor boys. While having trouble with an older brother, I cut him with a knife very seriously. I knocked a neighbor boy down with a ball bat "because he didn’t play to suit me." On another occasion, while ringing a heavy dinner bell in a political parade, a young fellow who did not like the crowd I was marching with ordered me to put down the bell; and I brought it down on top of his head, and they carried him home to recuperate. My parents punished me severely for these misdeeds and warned me to stop fighting lest I be arrested and sent to prison, but I paid little attention to them.

"There came a day when I was arrested for my misdeeds and taken to court. As I sat alone and saw the crowd in the room waiting to see what the judge would do with me, I realized the seriousness of the situation. It appeared as if I were doomed to go to prison, for I was guilty. When the judge came in and took his place behind the bench, he looked down at my shrinking form and said with a voice that sounded like the knell of doom to me, ‘Young man, have you an attorney?’ I said, ‘No sir, I haven’t got anybody.’ He looked over the court room and then motioned to a handsome young man to come forward, and said to him, ‘You will kindly act as his attorney.’ That handsome young lawyer came and sat down beside me and took charge of my case.

"One thing that brought a little hope to my heart was the attitude of my attorney. He sat close to me and spoke to me with a voice that was full of tender sympathy. I felt that he was my friend and that he cared for me and wanted to help me. When I told him of all the mean things I had been doing and for which I had been arrested, he assured me that he would help me. All I had to do was to tell the truth and leave the rest with him. That seemed to relieve my mind some what.

"After the trial began, however, and one witness after another testified against me, I began to lose hope. One of them said I knocked him down with a ball bat and almost killed him. My attorney said to me, ‘Did you do that?’ I said, ‘Yes Sir’. The next witness accused me of having seriously injured him with a heavy dinner bell, and my attorney again said, ‘Did you do that?’ I said, ‘Yes Sir’. My own brother came to witness against me, declaring that I had used a knife on him and had almost taken his life. My attorney turned to me and asked, ‘Have you been guilty of all these acts?’ and I said, ‘Yes, Sir, and a lot of other things they don’t even know about.’ He tried to relieve my fears by saying, ‘Trust me — I’ll help you.’

"Finally, the prosecuting attorney rose up and, speaking to the judge, said, ‘Your Honor, according to the evidence brought by these witnesses, the defendant is guilty of all charges brought against him. He is a potential murderer and a menace to this community, and we ask that he be placed in prison for a long duration of time.’ Then my heart sank within me and I said to myself, ‘There is no hope for me.’

"When my attorney arose to speak in my defense, I wondered what He could do for me. Looking at the judge, he said, ‘Father.’ That one word brought hope for me. Looking at his father, the judge, he said, ‘Father, the defendant pleads guilty to every charge brought against him. He asks for mercy; and as his attorney, I plead for him. I believe that if the court will grant my plea, this young man will live a new and a better life.’

"I saw the judge rise to his feet as my attorney spoke. There was a look of love and kindness as he said, ‘But my Son, the defendant is guilty. There is a penalty that must be paid, according to the law.’

"I’ll take care of that and suffer the penalty,’ said my attorney. And then, to my joy and amazement, the judge said, ‘It is the decision of the court that, in response to the plea made by the attorney for the defendant, he be pardoned and set at liberty, with the understanding that he show by his manner of life a due respect for the law and a kindness toward his neighbors.’

"I was free! My heart was filled with joy as I clasped the hand of my attorney and, with moist eyes, tried to express my gratitude. He placed his arms about me and, in a voice that sounded like the music of an angel’s harp, he said, ‘You and I will be friends forever. We’ll be brothers; and whenever you need any help, you may come to me and I’ll help you.’ Since that day he has never forgotten me. We’ve been as close as brothers can be down through the years.

"Let me explain to you the fact that the courthouse where I had this wonderful experience was a little frame church during the progress of a revival, where the great truths of the Bible were being preached. One night, as I sat on a rear seat, the Holy Spirit, the High Sheriff of Heaven, arrested me and led me to the front in sight of all the people present. I was convicted and condemned, and confessed my guilt to Almighty God. There seemed no hope for me. My sins towered up before me. Then Jesus came and quieted my fears. He paid the penalty for all my sins and guilt. He pleaded my case in the high court of heaven and won my pardon. When this great truth dawned upon my mind, my heart was filled with gratitude and praise. There came a great love into my heart for my Saviour. That love has grown until He has the chief place in my life. Some day I expect to see Him face to face. That will be heaven for me.

"We sing at times, ‘What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear.’ You will find this to be a reality when you put your trust in Him as your Saviour. He came into the world to save us from our sins and to bring peace and joy into our lives. He is the Friend you need."

- From ‘The Victorious Life’ - Sermons by Dr. Charles Weigle

We trust the beautiful word picture that Dr. Weigle painted for us in his own salvation testimony has been helpful to you. Dr. Weigle pictures himself standing guilty before God "without a prayer."

Surely you realize that Dr. Weigle was referring to God as "the judge" and to Jesus Christ as "the handsome young lawyer." Young Charles soon realized his only hope lay in the qualifications of "the handsome young lawyer." My Friend, how will you fare when you stand before "...the Judge of all the earth..."? Genesis 18:25.

If you are honest with yourself and agree with the Bible you must declare yourself a guilty sinner before a holy God.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. Romans 3:20.

BUT GOD HAS PROVIDED A WAY!

JESUS IS OUR ADVOCATE

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our’s only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2.

An advocate is one who "stands along side and assists", like an attorney.

A propitiation is a "sacrifice that appeases God’s judgment."

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, and made higher than the heavens; Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. Hebrews 7:25-27.

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 1 Peter 1:18-19.

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 1 Peter 3:18.

JESUS IS OUR PROPITIATION

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. Romans 3:24-25.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10.

WILL YOU TRUST JESUS NOW?

"...Behold, now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24.

The thief who died on the cross next to Jesus simply prayed: "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." Jesus promised him: "Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise." See Luke 23:39-43.

In a parable Jesus told of a sinful man who with a repentive heart prayed: "God be merciful to me a sinner." Jesus said: "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified..." Justified means "just as if you never sinned." See Luke 18:9-14.

My Friend, do you see yourself guilty before a holy God? Jesus Christ the righteous waits with open arms to be both your advocate and your propitiation.

...The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7.

WILL YOU PRAY AND RECEIVE JESUS AS YOUR SAVIOUR THAT YOU MAY BE REDEEMED?

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13.

"God be merciful to me a sinner. I realize that I have no hope of entering Heaven without Jesus Christ as my Saviour. Forgive me of my sins. Help me to live for You every day. Thank You for saving me. Amen."

Dr Charles Weigle, was a master of music theory, and gospel composition, an accomplished pianist, as well as an able singer, and itinerant Baptist evangelist, in the early twentieth century.

Dr. Weigle had traveled with Billy Sunday and had worked with his evangelistic team and also with J. Wilbur Chapman, and with Bob Jones Sr. and Gypsy Smith and other evangelists of the early twentieth century.
He had been working as a solo evangelist for some time, when great tragedy came into his life.

Upon one evening as he returned home from a revival meeting, he found his house empty except for a single note from his wife, informing him of her departure from him for ever more. Her reason being that she could no longer remain the wife of a preacher.

His big heart broke almost literally into. As time passed he lapsed into great despondency and depression. For months he spoke to no one. He shut out his friends in the ministry and made contact with no one.
In the depths of his darkest hour, he found that there was One he could not avoid.

Comfort began to come as he was strangely urged from within to read his Bible again, and to try prayer once more. Gradually, as the weeks passed, he was reassured of God's great love.

He began to draw close to the Lord Jesus again, and to confide in Him of his deepest feelings and fears and thoughts.

One evening as he sat alone in his house, at the piano, playing some hymns, and just privately worshiping the Lord, a thought came to him. Soon this one thought came as a flood of personal praise to his Lord Jesus.

He had thought upon his experiences of that past year and how that the Lord had lifted him in his darkest hour and revealed Himself to him anew and afresh. How He had ministered such love and care for him, and had filled the loneliness of his heart and had healed all the brokenness he had experienced.

He said, " Jesus, you are so loving and kind and caring. You have cared for me so much during this time, no one ever cared for me like You have!"

As he sat there at the piano, thinking of the great care our Lord had ministered to him, the tears of thanksgiving and praise and love flowed unceasingly from his eyes upon the keys before him. In about fifteen minutes he had composed an expression of praise to give to the Lord in appreciation of His love and care.

He began, in such a strange way to play the piano, the melody just came from heaven to his heart.

This is what he played and sang to the Lord:

"I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true.
I would tell you how He changed my life completely
He did something that no other friend could do...

No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There's no other Friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me
Oh how much He cared for me!

All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me
All my heart was full of misery and woe.
Jesus placed His strong and loving arms around me
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

Every day He comes to me with new assurance
More and more I understand His words of love.
But I'll never know just why He came to save me
'till someday I see His blessed face above.

Dr. Weigle passed away December 3, 1966 at age 95, from Chattanooga, Tennessee. He is not known to have discovered the present truths that hallmark the Scriptures' unfolding of the faith of Jesus, as it is now known by SDA's. Following Jesus requires continuing in Scripture and following Jesus through all you learn that He has commanded. See Matthew 28:18-20. In that walk He will personally join you, for Jesus never lets anyone coming to Him to walk alone. The Holy Spirit, His delegated Comforter, brings Jesus's presence to you - beside you - inside you.

Will you take Jesus right now, right now to be your personal Saviour. The Saviour Who rescues you from your personal helplessness, your personal sins, your personal unlikeness to Him. He will not overwhelm you, He will only lead you as fast as you are willing to go. But He intends and is able to rebuild you and your present into like Him and freed from the bondage of the past into a new present and a secure future.

Will you pray, and let Jesus know you’re decision, and request for His freedom built just for you as His newly consecrated child . What Jesus Christ wants most of all in His Own life, is to be your Personal Saviour and Lord. Will you decide to trust and accept Him as your personal Saviour and Lord - now?

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited October 28, 2001).]