GOD WITH US

Definition of the word "JUDGE"-one appointed to try cases in a court of justice (justice meaning fairness)
-one, who determines the investigation, verdict and/or
sentence.

The FIRST JUDGMENT on earth occurs in the Garden of Eden, and it's interesting to note the similarities between the Garden of Eden AND the earthly temple. Genesis 2 parallels Exodus. Today, I'd like us to look at some interesting FACTS!

Fact #1. Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Genesis 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Exodus 25 to 28 gives a description of the earthly tabernacle or sanctuary. In Exodus 25:8, we read these words " And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

In Exodus 27:13, the Bible says ," And the breadth of the court on the east side eastward shall be fifty cubits.

" Eastward", I believe, refers to the entrance of the courtyard. I compared other translations, and the Good News Bible identified "eastward" as such.

(Good News Bible) On the east side, where the entrance is, the enclosure is also to be 25 yards wide.

The entrance of the courtyard into the earthly sanctuary was on the eastside. Thus, those who entered the sanctuary had their BACK to the sun.
God knew that man would attempt to change his day of worship from the 7th day Sabbath to worship on the Venerable day of the Sun...the 1 st day of the week, now called SUNDAY.

In Ezekiel 8, v 14-16, God tells Ezekiel about ABOMINATIONS that were being done.

" Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD'S house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen [this], O son of man? turn thee yet again, [and] thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD'S house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east."

Worshipping the sun, IS considered by God an abomination. Why? Because the first commandment ways " Thou shalt have NO OTHER gods before Me."

FACT #2. We notice several other striking characteristics . Genesis 3:9 talks about "a" TREE OF LIFE" in the Garden of Eden. Is there a similar symbol in the sanctuary? YES, there is!

Exodus 25:31-33 And thou shalt make a candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work shall the candlestick be made: his shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.
And six branches shall come out of the sides of it; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side:
Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower: so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick.

FACT #3. Gen.3:23-24 describes Cherubims guarding the entrance to the Garden of Eden. Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life ."
Cherubims are angels (pleural). Where do we see the next reference to cherubims in the Holy Bible?

Exodus 25:18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

In fact, there were cherubim representations throughout the sanctuary, for when the priest entered the tabernacle , it was like entering INTO HEAVEN.

FACT #4. What was man to do while living in the Garden of Eden?
Genesis 2:15 " And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Or as another version says to WORK and TAKE CARE OF IT. Another translation for "keep" is "GUARD".

Was it necessary to be ON GUARD in the Garden of Eden? After all, wasn't everything created perfect?

Do you suppose that God warned Adam and Eve about the Rebel Angel whose sole purpose is to destroy God's creation?

Of course, they knew. Didn't God tell them to eat and care for everything thing, but STAY AWAY from one certain tree? And don't even touch the tree!

Adam and Eve's assignment was to care for the garden AND to guard it.

In Numbers 3:7-10, the Bible describes the responsibilities of the Levite Priests.

And they shall keep his charge, and the charge of the whole congregation before the tabernacle of the congregation, to do the service of the tabernacle.
And they shall keep all the instruments of the tabernacle of the congregation, and the charge of the children of Israel, to do the service of the tabernacle.
And thou shalt give the Levites unto Aaron and to his sons: they [are] wholly given unto him out of the children of Israel.
And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall wait on their priest's office: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.

This last verse is PARTICULARLY referring to GUARDING the entrance of the sanctuary from strangers entering without permission.

The Levites responsibilities included ASSEMBLING and taking down the tabernacle.
Assisting in service -providing wood and fire for the sacrifices.
And GUARDING the tabernacle because God's Holy Presence was there.

FACT #5 Genesis 2:12 And the gold of that land [is] good: there [is] bdellium and the onyx stone.

Bdellium= fragrant resinous gum

Here we are given the knowledge that there is precious and semiprecious stones. Where do we see the next mention of the word "ONYX"?

Exodus 25:7 {Onyx} stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.

Onyx is being referred to as a semi-precious stone, on the garment of the priests serving in the sanctuary.

FACT# 6. Genesis 2:10 tells us that the Garden of Eden had a lot of WATER.
Genesis 2:10-14
And a river went out of Eden to {water} the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first [is] Pison: that [is] it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where [there is] gold;
12 And the gold of that land [is] good: there [is] bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river [is] Gihon: the same [is] it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river [is] Hiddekel: that [is] it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river [is] Euphrates.

Is WATER used in the sanctuary service?

Ezekiel 46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

Ezekiel 47:1,8-9
Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house [stood toward] the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south [side] of the altar.

Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: [which being] brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

Let's look at 3 LINKS between the Garden of Eden and the TABERNACLE.

LINK #1
The Garden of Eden was Adam and Eve's home or HOUSE, right?
Who LIVED in the house? Adam and Eve!
Who VISITED them in this house? God!

Who built the tabernacle? Man!
Who LIVED in this house? God!
Who VISITED this house? Man!

Between the Garden of Eden and the Tabernacle, sin entered, so GOD set up another plan. In effect, God said, "You left the place that I made for you, so because I love you very much, I'm going to make a place where I can join you. I want to be with you, so make Me a sanctuary that I may dwell with you" (Ex 25:8). THUS, a sanctuary is a place where God and His children meet.
And this sanctuary , we remember, was really a tent that could be moved along with the people who themselves were living in tents.

LINK #2.
In Genesis 3:9, we read these words: "And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where [art] thou?

v13. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done?

Didn't God know what had happened?

A very serious crime had been committed, and God is NOW a JUDGE asking questions. And if we really notice, this IS an INVESTIGATIVE JUDGMENT. God is investigating the crime, and asking questions to allow human beings to admit they committed a crime. Is confession necessary for forgiveness in order to be forgiven?

So, THIS is NOW a Judgement scene, and A VERDICT is about to be pronounced!! And AFTER the VERDICT, EXECUTIVE Judgement will happen.

Did you NOTICE? The Lord God DID NOT ASK THE SERPENT ANY QUESTIONS. The judgement of Satan HAS ALREADY been pronounced. The enemy is NOT being judged here, but RATHER MANKIND.

The people of God are being judged, and here is a wonderful CONNECTION of the sanctuary!!

AND PLEASE NOTE!!
God acts as a JUDGE IN BOTH the Garden of Eden AND IN THE SANCTUARY!

Notice Deut.17:18-20 " And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of [that which is] before the priests the Levites:
And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left: to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel.

Deuteronomy 17 describes law regulation for judicial procedures, by analyzing the evidence, and then pronouncing a verdict. And this earthly sanctuary is a wonderful example of the HEAVENLY sanctuary.

Daniel 7:9-14 gives us a scene of the heavenly sanctuary where Jesus IS serving as our High priest. Let's read it.

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.
A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld [even] till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed.

LINK #3.
Genesis 3:15 gives us the FIRST PROMISE OF REDEMPTION!

God said, "The enemy has deceived you, but I am NOT going to allow him to OWN you. I will place enmity between the two of you. I will make a way of ESCAPE for you. The Messiah will come and destroy his power, and I will redeem you.

After sin, Adam and Eve's nature changed. They no longer were covered with the robe of Christ's righteousness...the Bible says "they were NAKED".

In Genesis 3:21 we read about a SACRIFICE. Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. At least ONE animal died in place of Adam and Eve. AND their lives were extended BECAUSE of the sacrifice . Something else took their place. There was a SUBSTITUTION, wasn't there?

CLOTHING ,was provided by the Lord. The Lord God made the first garments. One might say, that He was the first tailor. GOD DRESSED THEM. HE invested them with POWER AND AUTHORITY.

Remember Joseph? Pharaoh put a ring on Joseph's finger signifying power. He ALSO dressed him in NEW clothes, and Joseph was made Pharaoh's "RIGHT-HAND MAN"!

In the New Testament, we have the illustration of the Prodigal Son. Upon his return home, what did his Father do? Luke 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put [it] on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on [his] feet:"

WHAT A LESSON FOR US!!!

Having viewed the prodigal in his abject state of misery, we are next to consider his recovery from it. This begins by his coming to himself. That is a turning point in the sinner's conversion. The Lord opens his eyes, and convinces him of sin; then he views himself and every object, in a different light from what he did before. Thus the convinced sinner perceives that the meanest servant of God is happier than he is. To look unto God as a Father, and our Father, will be of great use in our repentance and return to him. The prodigal arose, nor stopped till he reached his home. Thus the repenting sinner resolutely quits the bondage of Satan and his lusts, and returns to God by prayer, notwithstanding fears and discouragement. The Lord meets him with unexpected tokens of his forgiving love. Again; the reception of the humbled sinner is like that of the prodigal.

He is clothed in the robe of the Redeemer's righteousness, made partaker of the Spirit of adoption, prepared by peace of conscience and gospel grace to walk in the ways of holiness.

In the Sanctuary or Tabernacle, the Israelites brought a lamb as a substitute for THEIR sins. And the Bible tells us that JESUS is the LAMB slain from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8 LP

Jesus puts HIS mantle of JUSTICE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS ON US.
Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the {robe of righteousness}, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Remember the first Promise made to Adam and Eve?

The Messiah will come and REDEEM you? Well here's the fulfilment of that Promise. Jesus Christ God is made unto us WISDOM, RIGHTEOUSNESS, SANCTIFICATION AND REDEMPTION.!!

Rev 19:11-13 " And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

WHO is this Word of God?

v 16. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

1 Timothy 6:14-16 further identifies Jesus as "our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and {Lord of lords};
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Friends!

There is ONLY ONE safe way to allow JESUS to be our Hight Priest and JUDGE, and that is to allow Him to rule and reign in our hearts today?

Won't YOU accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour?

This is MY prayer for YOU today!

AMEN!

Scripture Reading Isaiah 9:6-7 Good News Bible

A child is born to us! A son is given to us! And he will be our ruler. He will be called, "Wonderful Counselor," "Mighty God," "Eternal Father," "Prince of Peace."
His royal power will continue to grow; his kingdom will always be at peace. He will rule as King David's successor, basing his power on right and justice, from now until the end of time. The LORD Almighty is determined to do all this.