WHAT’S NEXT?

PRAYER

This world has just experienced the worst disaster in human history. In fact, the complete loss of life may never be known, as complete villages were swept away by the resulting tidal wave.

The earthquake measured an astounding 9.1 on the Richter scale, and although its epicenter was the Indian Ocean, great loss of life occurred from the HUGE wave which traveled in excess of 500 miles per hour, covering a distance of approximately 3000 miles. ASTOUNDING, to say the least.

In view of this recent Tsunami Disaster in Southeast Asia involving 9 nations, what can SDA’s learn from this terrible experience?

WELL, I believe there are 5 IMPORTANT LESSONS WE CAN LEARN, namely:

#1.THE UNCERTAINTY OF LIFE

#2. Unpredictabilty of Nature

#3. UNENDING FULFILMENT OF BIBLE
PROPHECY
p2

#4. Unrelenting Appeal of Jesus

#5. UNDYING HOPE

Let’s explore these 5 lessons in a little more detail.

#1- The uncertainty of Life
James 4:13 (Contemporary English Version) You should know better than to say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to the city. We will do business there for a year and make a lot of money!"

What do you know about tomorrow? How can you be so sure about your life? It is nothing more than mist that appears for only a little while before it disappears.

(Good News Bible) Now listen to me, you that say, "Today or tomorrow we will travel to a certain city, where we will stay a year and go into business and make a lot of money."
You don't even know what your life tomorrow will be! You are like a puff of smoke, which appears for a moment and then disappears.

How vain it is to look for any thing good without God's blessing and guidance! The frailty, shortness, and uncertainty of life, ought to check the vanity and presumptuous confidence of all projects for futurity.

p3

We can fix the hour and minute of the sun's rising and setting to-morrow, but we cannot fix the certain time of a vapor being scattered.

PERHAPS, some of us can identify with the following:

Psalm 89:47
(GNB)
Remember how short my life is; remember that you created all of us mortal!

Psa 39:5
(BBE) You have made my days no longer than a hand's measure; and my years are nothing in your eyes; truly, every man is but a breath.

(CEV) You made my life short, so brief that the time means nothing to you. "Human life is but a breath.

(God’s Word) Indeed, you have made the length of my days only a few inches. My life span is nothing compared to yours. Certainly, everyone alive is like a whisper in the wind.

The Tsunami was caused by an earthquake. Does the Bible mention an increase of earthquakes as a sign of Jesus 2nd Coming?

Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

p4.

(BBE) There will be great earth-shocks and outbursts of disease in a number of places, and men will be without food; and there will be wonders and great signs from heaven.

(CEV) There will be great earthquakes, and in many places people will starve to death and suffer terrible diseases. All sorts of frightening things will be seen in the sky.

(GNB) There will be terrible earthquakes, famines, and plagues everywhere; there will be strange and terrifying things coming from the sky.

(GW) There will be terrible earthquakes, famines, and dreadful diseases in various places. Terrifying sights and miraculous signs will come from the sky.

(Modern King James Version) And great earthquakes shall be in different places, and famines and plagues. And there shall be terrors and great signs from Heaven.

Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary

In our greatest health and prosperity, every man is altogether vanity, he cannot live long; he may die soon. This is an undoubted truth, but we are very unwilling to believe it. Therefore let us pray that God would enlighten our minds by his Holy Spirit, and fill our hearts with his grace, that we may be ready for death every day and hour.

p5

In the Tsunami Disaster, do you believe that ONLY non-SDA members were listed missing or dead?

Mark Finley said “MANY SDA churches and schools were destroyed as well as many church members missing or presumed dead.”

#2.UNPREDICTABILITY OF NATURE

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

JAMIESON FAWCETT AND BROWN
Indeed the whole creation seems to wait with earnest expectation for the period when the children of God shall be manifested in the glory prepared for them. There is an impurity, deformity, and infirmity, which has come upon the creature by the fall of man. There is an enmity of one creature to another. And they are used, or abused rather, by men as instruments of sin. Yet this deplorable state of the creation is in hope.

Heb1:10-13
(BBE) You, Lord, at the first did put the earth on its base, and the heavens are the works of your hands:
They will come to their end; but you are for ever; they will become old as a robe.

p6.

(CEV) The Scriptures also say, "In the beginning, Lord, you were the one who laid the foundation of the earth and created the heavens.
They will all disappear and wear out like clothes, but you will last forever.

This is a quote taken from Psalms 102:25-27, in which the Almighty power of the Lord Jesus Christ is declared, both in creating the world and in changing it. Christ will fold up this world as a garment, not to be abused any longer, not to be used as it has been.

Sin has made a great change in the world for the worse, and Christ will make a great change in it for the better.

Let it not be said that the TSUNANI is an Act of God, but RATHER an ACT OF SATAN. God does not cause disasters. They are a result of sin, for let us remember if there were no Devil and sin, this world would be in a state of perfection as it was BEFORE Satan deceived Adam and Eve.

And one day, Brothers and Sisters, THIS world will again enter into that previous state of Perfection.

The Bible says that Satan and his angels along with the wicked WHO CHOSE to follow his ways will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. (Rev 20:10)

p7

Luke 21:25

(BBE) And there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars; and on the earth, fear among the nations and doubt because of the loud noise of the sea and the waves;

(CEV) Strange things will happen to the sun, moon, and stars. The nations on earth will be afraid of the roaring sea and tides, and they won't know what to do.

(GNB) "There will be strange things happening to the sun, the moon, and the stars. On earth whole countries will be in despair, afraid of the roar of the sea and the raging tides.

(GW) "Miraculous signs will occur in the sun, moon, and stars. The nations of the earth will be deeply troubled and confused because of the roaring and tossing of the sea.

Luk 21:26

(ASV) men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

(BBE) Men's strength will go from them in fear and in waiting for the things which are coming on the earth; for the powers of the heavens will be moved.

(CEV) People will be so frightened that they will faint because of what is happening to the world. Every power in the sky will be shaken.

(Darby) men ready to die through fear and expectation of what is coming on the habitable earth, for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

(DRB) Men withering away for fear and expectation of what shall come upon the whole world. For the powers of heaven shall be moved.

(GNB) People will faint from fear as they wait for what is coming over the whole earth, for the powers in space will be driven from their courses.

(GW) People will faint as they fearfully wait for what will happen to the world. Indeed, the powers of the universe will be shaken.

(ISV) People will faint with fear and apprehension because of the things that are to come on the world, for the powers of heaven will be shaken loose.

(WNT) while men's hearts are fainting for fear, and for anxious expectation of what is coming on the world. For THE FORCES WHICH CONTROL THE HEAVENS WILL BE DISORDERED AND DISTURBED.

p9.

Radio Announcers said that the force of the earthquake (9.1 on the Richter Scale-10 being the highest) SHIFTED planet EARTH’S AXIS, WHICH SCIENTISTS PREDICT WILL ACCCELERATE Global Warming and further disasters.

#3. UNENDING FULFILLMENT OF BIBLE PROPHECY

When we see a panorama of prophecy being fulfilled- rising crime, uncertain economy, immorality, and the gospel being preached to the whole world, then we need to heed Jesus words in Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

#4. UNRELENTING APPEAL OF JESUS

Through all of this , where can we find courage, and positiveness in a disaster?

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

p10.

We all remember what happened on Sept 11, 2001, don’t we? 911?

T911 is listed under the chapter FOR THE COMING OF THE KING- The Last Crisis!

Now I don’t know about you, but when I read what happened in this chapter, I was shaken.

LISTEN UP! 9T 11

“The days in which we live are solemn and important. The Spirit of God is gradually but surely being withdrawn from the earth. Plagues and judgments are already falling upon the despisers of the grace of God. The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude. The agencies of evil are combining their forces, and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones.”—

WHAT CHANGES? Listen, what happens next?

p11.

On one occasion, when in New York City, I was in the night season called upon to behold buildings rising story after story toward heaven. These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify the owners and builders.

Higher and still higher these buildings rose, and in them the most costly material was used.

Those to whom these buildings belonged
were not asking themselves: "How can we best glorify God?" The Lord was not in their thoughts.

The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire. Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fire-proof buildings and said: "They are perfectly safe." But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch. The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction. The firemen were unable to operate the engines. {9T 11-13}

Coincidence? Some coincidence that is!!

Here’s another QUOTE “Co-incidence”!!

Luke 21:25-26 KJV with STRONG’s CONCORDANCE

p12

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress4928 –(anguish, anxiety) of nations1484-(Gr. specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan):--Gentile, heathen, nation,)., with perplexity;
the sea and the waves4535 –(Gr. a vibration, i.e. (specially), billow:--wave.) roaring2278-(to make a loud noise, i.e. reverberate:--roar, sound.);

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them674- (to breathe out, i.e. faint:--hearts failing. AS IN HEART ATTACK) for fear5401-( alarm or fright:--be afraid, + exceeding fear,AND/OR terror.) , and for looking after4329 –(apprehension (of evil); those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

#5. UNDYING HOPE

The Bible gives us encouraging words in Rev.21:3-5 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

p13

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Isa 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Our having received the first-fruits of the Spirit, quickens our desires, encourages our hopes, and raises our expectations. Believers have been brought into a state of safety; but their comfort consists rather in hope than in enjoyment. From this hope they cannot be turned by the vain expectation of finding satisfaction in the things of time and sense. We need patience, our way is rough and long; but He that shall come, will come, though he seems to tarry.

p14.

COULD IT JUST BE ,THAT WE are living on the edge of eternity?

Could it possibly mean that Jesus 2nd Coming is just on the horizon?

LUKE 21:28

(MKJV) And when these things begin to happen, then look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near.

(WNT) But when all this is beginning to take place, grieve no longer. Lift up your heads, because your deliverance is drawing near."

(BBE) But when these things come about, let your heads be lifted up, because your salvation is near.

(CEV) When all of this starts happening, stand up straight and be brave. You will soon be set free.

There’s only one more sign of Matthew 24 to be completed, and that’s found in verse 14

(CEV) When the good news about the kingdom has been preached all over the world and told to all nations, the end will come.

p15.

With the recent disaster, we know that ADRA will be very involved too. The countries that were most heavily affected were those people practicing Moslem and Hindu religions. Surely, the Gospel of Christ will triumph overall, and Jesus will return.

KEEP THE FAITH Brothers and Sisters.

AMEN!

Opening Hymn-213 Lift Up The Trumpet

SCRIPTURE: Responsive Reading 722-
He That Dwelleth In The Secret Place

Closing Hymn-212 ‘Tis Almost Time For The Lord To Come

[ January 10, 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Laurie Mosher ]