HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38448
11/05/04 04:50 AM
11/05/04 04:50 AM
John H.  Offline OP
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Very interesting -- I can add a positive personal testimony as well. Getting off dairy is one of the best things I've ever done. The changes in health were noticeable, and pretty quick. No more colds, flu, sore throats. Ever. More energy, better sleep and digestion (like the fellow says below). I could really tell more of a difference after giving up dairy, than after giving up meat!

The articles at NotMilk.com are an eye-opener. The one about cow pus in milk (!!!) tipped the scales for me. Yecch.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NOTMILK - Accepting the NotMilk Challenge
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:16:49 -0000
Reply-To: notmilk-owner@yahoogroups.com
To: notmilk@yahoogroups.com

One of my readers (Bruce) recently took the NotMilk challenge and sent me this election day email:

< frrogg1son@verizon.net > wrote:
I started on this new journey two weeks ago today. What do I notice?

1. I no longer have any significant nasal congestion.
2. I am sleeping more soundly.
3. I seem to be needing less sleep.
4. When I wake up, I am wonderfully awake and not in a fog.
5. I am more awake and alert during the day.
6. Hello? I've lost eight, yes eight, pounds. Now I'm a big guy, look like a linebacker, but still. I haven't been exercising more and I have been eating plenty of food, lots of veggies and fruit, grains. Not vegan yet. I've read and it is my experience that it takes at least four weeks to create a new habit. I want to lock in this non-dairy business and be on cruise control before tackling the next issues.
7. I am not feeding that milk/doughnut, milk/cookies, milk/cake addictive habit I have, which helps explain the weight loss.
8. I don't want milk or dairy products and am willing to find natural alternatives.

This is all quite amazing.

I recall your challenge to go seven days and then try an experiment with a pizza party and ice cream. By a series of unplanned events, I ended up facing two slices of pizza for a social Saturday lunch and a big Saturday-night family dinner which included mashed potatoes probably made with milk and butter, followed by a dessert with a whipped cream filling. I could easily have declined all of it but decided I might as well try the experiment. It would have been too much trouble to explain it all to my mother...

I didn't notice anything Saturday night. I even got some extra sleep Sunday morning because the clocks were turned back. But your alleged 12 to 15 hour rule seemed to carry weight. I found myself absolutely falling asleep during religious services Sunday morning. I arrived home at about 11:00 a.m. and promptly went to bed (unheard of for me), sleeping almost two hours, also unheard of. I had no energy the rest of the day, took a slow walk with my wife in the evening and crashed into bed in the evening. I am convinced that the dairy played a major role. It was just a rotten day and I don't know what else could explain it.

By contrast, this Tuesday morning I was awake before 6:00 a.m., quite awake. I am looking forward to a non-dairy breakfast.

And I am planning to pass on the dairy the next time the test comes my way. I have some thickened millet milk in the fridge. My wife and I plan to eat it with homemade granola this morning. Share an apple, eat a banana, a few cashews and some orange juice. Very nice Thanks so much for your work.

The NotMilk Challenge

Quit All Dairy in Just Ten Days

Read labels. Become informed. Milk chocolate is a dairy product. So are ice cream and sherbet. So is pizza. So are non-dairy creamers, which reveal (in small print on the back of the label) the deception. Anything that originated in the cow's udder is to be eliminated during this test. Eat the udder if you must, but just say "not" to milk.

That is your challenge and goal, for during the initial seven day period of abstaining from all milk and dairy, one gallon of mucus will be expelled from your kidneys, spleen, pancreas, and other internal organs. If you still eat cheese, ice cream, milk chocolate, and yogurt, your first one-week experience will be as if an internal fog has been dispersed from inside of you.

Most people successfully weaning themselves from all milk and dairy products immediately observe dramatic physical and emotional changes. Better sleep, more energy, fewer mood swings, more sexual energy. Just seven days to a new you.

Take the challenge. Your body will thank you. So will those who care most about you.

DAY 8

If you are daring enough, or doubting enough to think that your new feelings are mere coincidence, plan a pizza party with ice cream for dessert after your seven day milk-fast. Remember the good and bad feelings, for in 15 hours after your dairy feast, the famine of bad feelings returns.

DAY 9

Pay careful attention to your body's clues.

DAY 10

Begin anew, and become a new person from day eleven to day 20,000 (the next 50+ years of your life!) Recognize the influence that dairy has played in your lack of energy, poor bowel movements, and lack of spirit. Become a notmilkman or a notmilkwoman.

Robert Cohen
http://www.notmilk.com

----------------------------------------------------

THE NOTMILK NEWSLETTER:
SUBSCRIBE: send an empty Email to-
notmilk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
UNSUBSCRIBE: send an empty Email to-
notmilk-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Forward this message to your milk-drinking friends:
MILK from A to Z: http://www.notmilk.com/milkatoz.html
2O QUESTIONS: http://www.notmilk.com/notmilkfaq.html

What is an excellent alternative for NOTMILK?

http://www.soytoy.com ... make your own grain and nut milks!

SoyToy recipes forum: soytoy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notmilk/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
notmilk-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38449
11/05/04 03:01 PM
11/05/04 03:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Amen! I've been a vegan (no meat, no dairy, no animal byproducts) since my teens. I'm 45 now and can keep up, if not out do, the teens and young adults who attend our outdoor ministry and programs. We climb big mountains all thoughout North and South America and I can testify to the healing and empowering benefits of a meat and dairy free diet. Everything God promises in the counsels of Sister White regarding health are true, more than true, and the results are well worth it. Thank you, Jesus. Please, don't wait until you see your health slipping away before you choose to believe God's inspired messenger.

Re: Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38450
11/08/04 11:34 PM
11/08/04 11:34 PM
John H.  Offline OP
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
A link that formerly appeared above this post has been edited out, after consultation with the Administrator and other moderators over its appropriateness. The link pointed to a satire site which added no real value to the discussion at hand. Since MSDAOL isn't in the business of promoting satire sites, it was decided that the link, and subsequent posts referring to it, should be removed.

John

[ November 13, 2004, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: John ]

Re: Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38451
11/13/04 05:21 PM
11/13/04 05:21 PM
T
Ted Phelps  Offline
Posting New Member
Turlock, CA
I hope there will be many who are willing to take the NOTMILK Challenge. I agree whole-heartedly with John and Mike that the positive benefits of turning your back on the cow are readily felt and seen. The energy levels enjoyed on a good vegan program are incredible, not to mention better mental clarity. I cycle and hike as means to fitness (exercise is important too!), and I praise God that at 54 I can still pedal 100-120 miles on a Sunday at a 20+ mph pace. We don't need any part of the cow to sustain good health.

One of the sad things to me is the "average" Adventist's idea of a healthy diet. (I know, it's dangerous talking about "average" groups of people, but you'll see what I mean in a moment.) There are many so-called "vegetarians" amongst us attending church each Sabbath, however, too many of them are overweight and even, perhaps, malnourished. How can that be if they're vegetarians? (Now I'm not talking about most vegans here). The problem is with the way we are brought up, or the way we are taught vegetarinaism. We are taught to shun meat at all costs, but we often aren't taught the principles of a healthy diet and lifestyle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a typical SDA vegetarian (from North America, at least), eats plenty of pizza (lots of cheese), meat analogs (did you ever read the label on those cans), no problem with donuts and Little Debbies (if they contain vegetable shortening). Oh, and of course there are sodas and ice cream and chocolate and... Do you follow what I'm saying? I don't think I'm too far off. What this translates to is "dietary legalism". The principles of good health are lost sight of but the "letter of the law" is carefully maintained--that is, they are technically "vegetarians". (Actually, maybe this should be a new thread.)

For many, myself included, the priciples of good health and nutrition are finally realized when we are awakened to the vegan lifestyle. And I believe for many it also comes with a spiritual rebirth--wanting to "glorify God in our body", and desiring a "walk with God" as Jesus walked and communed with the Father. After all, what we eat also effects our minds. For the great controversy is really about control of the mind!

Well, I've gone on too long. BTW, if there are any who would like to learn more about a sensible, principled approach to diet, nutrition, and especially becoming a vegan, I've prepare a section on our web site for this purpose: www.daystarbotanicals.com/vegetarian.html.

God bless,

Ted

Re: Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38452
11/14/04 03:37 PM
11/14/04 03:37 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
I agree with everything you have said Ted! The one thing, however, I would say is that Sister White endorsed meat analogs in her day (which were probably more simple in content) and it was these analogs that helped me to stay away from eating meat when I decided to become a vegetarian at age 15 years ago.

Plus there are today a very small handful of meat analogs with healthful simple ingredients.

Re: Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38453
11/14/04 03:52 PM
11/14/04 03:52 PM
T
Ted Phelps  Offline
Posting New Member
Turlock, CA
Hi Debbie,

I would agree with you. If meat analogs of today were fit for consumption, they would be a valuable tool for transitioning to a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. I imagine the meat analogs of Sister White's day might have been more like homemade gluten. However, like I stated above, the shelves of analogs by Worthington, Loma Linda, etc. have a list of ingredients that is astonishing. Of course many/most of these products are not vegan, and to make matters worse, they often contain MSG! Sad to say, but many/most of these are not really fit for food, especially for God's remnant people.

If you could direct me to some meat analogs with simple ingredients, I would find them useful in helping my patients make the transition from meat.

Thanks Debbie.
God bless you,

Ted

Re: Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38454
11/14/04 06:54 PM
11/14/04 06:54 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
I normally make my own gluton but there is one product that I enjoy called Low Fat Worthington Multigrain Cutlets. Here are the ingredients-- (The first list is the cutlets, the second list is the broth which I do not use):

Wheat gluton, oat fiber, soy protein concentrate, red wheat, barley, oatmeal, rye, triticale, white wheat, millet, guargum.

Water, hydrolyzed corn, soy and what protein, salt, natural and artifical flavors from non-meat sources.

Hope this helps.

Re: Accepting the NotMilk Challenge #38455
11/15/04 03:01 PM
11/15/04 03:01 PM
T
Ted Phelps  Offline
Posting New Member
Turlock, CA
Thanks Debbie.

BTW, here is a link that you may find informative: www.truthinlabeling.org/nomsg.html. This is a topic for a whole new thread...

Now, back to the NotMilk Challenge!

May the Lord bless you,

Ted

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!