HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Secret Rapture: Fact Or Fiction? #38912
08/26/02 08:53 AM
08/26/02 08:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thankyou & Ouch! I went flying right over the handlebars, after hitting my poor little one broadside, full speed. He is just learning the rules, and we were on a bike path away from traffic; and you would not believe how high, how fast, or how far I traveled! My other, older son of 10, was absolutely petrified as he heard the crunch of metal, and saw dad screaming, and flying through the air. My little one forgot to look before turning, and he turned right in front of me...There was no time to do anything. When I landed, I skidded about 10 feet on rough terrain; and I was almost unconscious...I couldn't speak as i took a direct blow to the stomach by a protruding handle bar.

We praised the Lord anyways, because all my stuff went flying out of my pockets; except my new cell phone which costs $400.00!

The hardest part was trying to console my little one who felt so gulty about what he did to cause the accident. Finally I told him I just had too much beet greens for lunch, and that is why I was moaning! That got us all laughing. I am very very sore, but I see a really exciting spiritual lesson here. That's why I got up the energy to write this out today.

Like the Rapture; our accident happened so suddenly! No time to prepare or take evasive action. We have to be ready at all times to meet our Lord.

Part Three

Hello

This is “Secret Sam” reporting for duty.

Let me recap, where I left off, just so we are all on the same wave length:

“So, OK…When will the secret rapture occurr? And what is it’s relationship to Christ, at the time of His second coming? If I can prove that the church will be “caught up” into heaven; and that this “gathering together” (2 Thes.2:1), is a separate event from the return of Christ in judgment, then I have already, more than adequately made my case, and proved Seventh Day Adventists, along with some other Christian groups, as wrong in trying to dismiss the pretrib as false doctrine. Right?

All I need to do now is to show how the dissimilarities between rapture passages, and second coming passages, are significant enough to demonstrate that they are indeed two separate aspects of the same events. In the next post, I will start to deal with relevant Bible texts to prove my point.”

Denborg

I think it was you who asked where my Bible texts were.

To begin, in brief; I would like to share 10 main reasons, why I believe the pretrib rapture is what we can expect:

1/ Christ promised to keep the church from the Tribulation. In Rev.3:10, the risen Christ said that the church would be “kept from,” (literally “preserved,” protected out of”), the hour of trial, or divine retribution, that is coming upon the whole world.

2/ Tribulation Judgments are “the wrath of the Lamb.” Rev.6:16 depicts the cataclysmic judgments of the end times, as the wrath of Christ. Rev.19: 7-9 shows the Church as being the Bride of the Lamb. The church IS NOT the object of His wrath which is poured out on an unbelieving world!

3/ Jesus Himself told His disciples to pray that they would ESCAPE THE TRIBULATION. In Luke 21:36, Jesus said: “Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen!” Remember, even Lot was given a last minute chance to escape Sodom, before divine judgement fell.

4/ The coming of Jesus in the clouds, (1 Thes.4:13-18), means that the church’s deliverance has already come. Jesus told His disciples quite clearly: “Lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (Luke 21:28). The Hope of the church is not in surviving the judgment of tribulation, but rather, in escaping it.
5/ God will call His ambassadors home before He declares war on the world. In
2 Cor.5:20, believers are called “Christ’s ambassadors,” who appeal to the world to be reconciled before God, before it’s too late! In Biblical times, as well as present day; one’s ambassadors were always recalled, when it was time to make war with the enemy.

6/ Moral restraint will disappear when the church is taken home. 2 Thes.2:1-11 warns starkly that after the “coming of our Lord,” and “our being gathered unto Him,” that “the man of lawlessness,” (antichrist), will emerge on the world scene. The church’s restraining ministry of “salt” and “light” will no longer hold back the tide of evil.

7/ The Rapture will happen “in the twinkling of an eye.” 1 Cor.15:51-52 promises us that “in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye…the dead shall be raised imperishable; and we, [who are living at the time of Rapture], will be changed.” KJV. This instantaneous disappearance will terminate the church’s earthly ministry.

8/ The Rapture will take place in the air. Unlike the glorious appearing, when Christ descends to earth, splits The Mount Of Olives, overthrows Antichrist, and binds Satan, the Rapture will occur when we are “caught up together to meet the Lord in the air.”
(see 1 Thes.4:17).

9/ The woman who suffers persecution during the Tribulation symbolizes Israel. This is a very important point. The woman who delivers the male child, (Christ), represents the nation of Israel. It was Israel, and NOT THE CHURCH which brought forth Christ; and He in turn brought forth the church. Jesus Christ is the Founder of the Church, certainly not a descendant of the Church! Therefore, the persecuted “saints” of the Tribulation are Jewish: the Remnant of the woman’s seed. (see Rev.12: 1-2, 5-6, 17).

10/ The Marriage Super of Christ, The Lamb, and His Bride, the Church, takes place BEFORE THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON. The Bible describes the fall of “Babylon” (kingdom of Antichrist), in Rev.17-18. But, before it tells of Christ’s return to conquer the Antichrist, it tells us that “the wedding of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready. (Rev. 19:7-8). THIS CLEARLY SHOWS THAT THE BRIDE HAD TO HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO HEAVEN EARLIER; and that she returns with Christ and the hosts of the “armies of heaven, ….dressed in fine linen, white and clean.” (Rev.19:8, 14).

Conclusion:

We have clearly, but briefly been starting to see from the New Testament, that the Rapture and the Second Coming are very different in nature, and therefore, they have to be seen as occurring in two separate events. This observation that there are TWO FUTURE COMINGS, is a very crucial element in determining the Biblical timing of the Rapture.

I am not surprised to see objectors to Pretribulation Rapture, often ignore such BIBLICAL DISTINCTIONS.

Seventh Day Adventists need to accept that a LITERAL INTERPRETATION of all the Biblical passages involved in the two comings, IS BEST REPRESENTED BY A PRETRIBULATIONAL PERSPECTIVE.

I HAVE MUCH MORE IN DEPTH STUDY DETAILS ON THESE TEN POINTS ABOVE; and once I prove that Seventh Day Adventists are wrong on this one; it will leave us with “open season” on a few of your other beliefs. I believe that one wrong belief will effect all your other beliefs. Like Jesus tells us; if you break one; then you become guilty of other wrong beliefs.

I respect the zeal, and the love for Jesus of Seventh Day Adventist; but when we look at the real story on the Rapture and the Second Coming; we see prophecy calling Seventh Day Adventists to come out of their “Babylon,” and join the true Remnant in finishing the work of God on earth; and preparing a people to meet their God in The Secret Rapture of our Lord.

In future posts; I will go into detailed studies on each of these ten points I have named above; and I think you will be hard pressed to refute the immense mountain of Scripture rebukes to your falsehoods of the second coming of Jesus Christ.

I pray that you will see the Light, and that God will make His face to shine upon you, as we continue to study together. Let me know if there is anything I can pray about for you.

We covet the opportunity to lift people to the throne of Grace.

Sincerely
“Secret Sam”

Re: Secret Rapture: Fact Or Fiction? #38913
09/16/02 11:05 PM
09/16/02 11:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I must be right here...no one has been able to show otherwise from the Bible.

Nice talking to you all...

Secret Sam [Reading]

Re: Secret Rapture: Fact Or Fiction? #38914
03/04/03 08:30 PM
03/04/03 08:30 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Secret Sam,

I guess it is way past the time to study your posts and then to respond to them, however, I don't have the time right now to do so.

I will be back though as soon as I can. [Smile]

If anybody else has the time to respond to Secret Sam's posts, be my guest. [Smile]

Of course, we know who Secret Sam really is. [Big Grin]

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!