HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Testimony of A Miraculous Recovery by Lance Wearmouth (Snr) #40685
07/25/00 09:12 PM
07/25/00 09:12 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The following is from an email request I received from Clive Nevell which I posted on the old, old server, and is now being re-posted here:

Testimony of Lance Wearmouth (Snr)

The following is my testimony concerning a recent serious illness and miraculous
recovery.

Recently I gave a testimony about these events at my church in Harrisville and
because some missed out on hearing it I was asked to prepare a tape. I did that and this is a written version.

As well as those close to me, relatives and friends in far-flung places and church
congregations I don't even know about were praying for me. Even some who don't go to church were involved. All this concern for me leaves me quite touched and if this is being read by an individual or in a church that was involved, please accept the gratitude of myself and family for both your concern and your efforts on my behalf.

At the end of April 1999 I was admitted to the Ipswich hospital with a kidney stone. Not very pleasant, but no big deal for modern medicine. They did the usual things, filled me up with fluids and pain killers and kept me under observation. That was the 28th. By the morning of the 29th I had developed septicaemia, toxic shock, complete renal failure and right sided heart failure. Instead of dying straight away I was hanging on by a thread.

Given the serious condition I was in and an estimated survival chance of 3%, the family was called in and permission sought of my wife, Lorraine, to turn off life support. To survive at all I would require renal dialysis which was not available in Ipswich at the time and would require transport to the P.A. It was thought that my chances of surviving transport were negligible, and in the event that I did survive the trip and the subsequent treatment, I would be a vegetable.

Lorraine couldn't bring herself to switch me off and instead contacted the Pastor who arrived with the elders. In accordance with the instructions in James they prayed over me and anointed me with oil.

James 5:14-AV Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Well, I did survive the trip to the P.A. despite the ambulance having to stop twice
to have me stabalised, and I woke up about two weeks later. I discovered that my toes were black and that I would lose some of them - I eventually lost five off the left foot - I had difficulty seeing and discovered my left eye was blind and my right eye had only 30% vision left. So I didn't get off scot free. However, my mind and memory seem to be virtually unaffected. Doctors who treated me and earlier made their grim predictions are amazed. I have been told by several that my survival is a medical impossibility and to do so with my marbles intact is quite unreal. People as sick as I was just do not survive. My apparent return to good health is also leaving them wondering. Although I have lost some bits and pieces all vital organs seem to
be intact and functioning properly. There is no doubt in my mind and in the minds of any who were close to the action that a miracle of healing has occurred.

One doctor asked me did I have any 'near death experiences' such as people often
talk about and I told him, yes, and related the story of a dream.

There were no bright lights or angels waiting but there was this dream. There were several dreams actually. With one exception they were all recognizable as dreams on waking. Bits and pieces of reality mixed up with fantasy - things out of sequence, etc. Such is normal under the circumstances. But this one dream was different. It had a different quality - it was more like an experience than a dream.
Also it was completely unrelated to anything that was happening to me. I have considered it may have been a vision.

I saw Sydney burn. There was a gay Mardi gras in progress and this huge obelisk shaped mountain of burning rock slowly descended from the sky and hovered over the place. Round about this burning obelisk was a mighty cyclonic wind, revving it up like a huge open air blast furnace. At the same time this wind was knocking off pieces of the rock and hurling them in all directions. Wherever they went fires broke out, buildings were destroyed, steel melted and concrete crumbled. Human life was snuffed out like insects on an electric zapper. This engine of destruction did not work quickly like a bomb, it just continued methodically until the job was done. I was watching this from a safe vantage point and I could smell it and feel the heat. It seemed to me to be real. At the same time as this was going on a voice was
telling me things. I cannot repeat the exact words but three things are clear:

•God will destroy the second Sodom in the same manner as the first,

•Christians were to stop resisting this evil, (meaning I assume the gay Mardi gras) and get out of Sydney,

•The whole world should witness the shame of Sydney.

With regard to the first point we are told Sodom was destroyed by a rain of fire and
brimstone out of heaven (sky) - no vivid details are given but it could have been as
in my dream. Also consistent with the vision of Ellen White regarding a city being
destroyed by balls of fire. Consistent too with the archaeological discoveries of the
remains of balls of fire buried in the ruins of Sodom - made of a sulphur/metal mixture which burns exceedingly hot. The following also has reference.

Psalms 11:6-AV Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: [this shall be] the portion of their cup.

Concerning the second point - this troubles me somewhat. There seems to be implied a task of informing Sydney people of impending doom. Do I take this as real or treat it as a dream generated by a mind affected by narcotic drugs? I have discussed this question with several including two Pastors (different religions), a Salvation Army Officer and a psychiatrist. The best advice I can get is that it is probably dangerous to proceed given the circumstances but that if it was in fact a vision, there should be some confirmation. It was suggested by someone close to me that I might do well to keep my mouth shut and avoid possible embarrassment.
It has occurred to me that the confirmation I need may in fact be with someone else who also had a dream and is keeping his or her mouth shut too. So I am talking about it.

The third point tends to point towards 2000 (Olympics) which is the only time in the foreseeable future when the whole world will be focused on Sydney. I was not given a specific time but have assumed 2000 may be intended.

Confirmation is important not only to allay my own doubts but to convince others. I doubt if anyone would be likely to take me seriously given the circumstances I was in at the time. It is however, a dream unlike any other I have had - and as I said - it troubles me. I feel a need to talk about it.

No doubt God has some task yet for me to complete. Probably several. I know from many people I have spoken to that the obvious answer to prayer has been a blessing to them personally. One man, a farmer in Kingaroy who I have been good friends with since our school days and who has not always been on the best of terms with God, often blaming him for no rain or other things gone wrong at the
worst time, confessed to me that he put in a word for me and is particularly encouraged by my survival.

A couple of points are worth mentioning. Firstly, prayer works, and the volume in this case humbles me. Whilst individuals have no doubt been blessed, it is not uncommon for friends and relations to resort to prayer in such circumstances. The action of my wife in calling on the elders and their following of the instructions given by inspiration of God, and my subsequent recovery, is a witness to all. It may not be within the abilities of ordinary people to undertake faith healing in a dramatic way as Jesus did, but this method of using the elders is the prescribed method for ordinary people. If the volume of prayer needed a seal, this was it, use it with
confidence.

The other point is that I went to sleep on the evening of the 27th and was found by
my wife unconscious the next morning when she came off night duty. I woke up 2 weeks later in the P.A. hospital. I might just as well have woken up at the resurrection. None of us knows when our end is coming. It is not the return of Jesus and whether we will be right with him by then that we have to concern
ourselves with, it is whether we are right with him now. I call on all who read this
to consider that their next heartbeat might be their last and that if they want to be in
the Kingdom of God they may only have moments to make it possible.

Re: Testimony of A Miraculous Recovery by Lance Wearmouth (Snr) #40686
07/26/00 01:02 AM
07/26/00 01:02 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Amen.
The past is over and done with, we can no more change it than we can see God face to face in these bodies.

Tomorrow is not guarnteed, we only have this breath, this moment...... "Behold, NOW is the time....."

Gerry B.

Re: Testimony of A Miraculous Recovery by Lance Wearmouth (Snr) #40687
07/27/00 11:26 AM
07/27/00 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thankyou Lance for this inspiring testimony. Rev.12:11 tells us that this is the means of overcoming the devil, and what he is trying to do.

God is good! (all the time).

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: Testimony of A Miraculous Recovery by Lance Wearmouth (Snr) #40688
07/31/00 01:00 AM
07/31/00 01:00 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
I just read this testimony. I was especially drawn to his use of Mardi Gras. Having lived in Mobile, Alabama for several years, I am well aquainted with what Mardi Gras festivals are. I never went to any of the functions; I stayed far away from them. Do they have these pagan/catholic festivals in Australia? I have watched the Olympics on TV and some of the pagentry is pretty close to a Mardi Gras festival.

I hope this man is praying about his dream. EGW wrote some counsel about a man who was thought to be having dreams that she said was due to the use of the narcotics he was taking for the pain. Will have to find the reference. But at least Lance Wearmouth recognizes that this could be the situation.

What a testimony! Only God could have brought him back from the very brink of death.

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!