HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Surprise #40827
01/23/01 04:07 AM
01/23/01 04:07 AM
C
Clive Nevell  Offline OP
Charter Member
New Member (Starting to Post)
Australia
During the recent Xmas break we had some excess vegetables so we set up a small road side stall to sell them. One particular day a car came in and I thought it was someone I knew. A closer look I could tell it was not. When the car stopped the driver called out "Phil" I then new it was the older brother of the persion I had thought it was.
We shook hands and was introduced to his friend, called my wife over and told her he was my brother-law's nephew. We asked them in and got talking for a while and foulnd out he was walking with the Lord again. Last time I had seen him was over 25 years ago. He was then in a bad way having come of his motor bike, being on drugs and grog. Suffered brain damage and was very badly knocked around. They told us a great story.
Before setting out from Brisbane they prayed for protection and guidence as they travelled. Coming into Aratula they went to the local Hotel/Motel and ask for Phil Nevell. Being new owners the name did not ring a bell with them. They were after some farm fresh veges and were going to call into thwe first place they could. After travelling over 100 kms we were the first place that had any farm veges for sale. That is why they came into our place.
The good Lord answered their prayer in directing them to us. Thery were with us for 2 hours and after prayer went on their way to Sydney.
Other callers to come in were very interesting.
An older couple came in and I thought by their dress and talk they may be SDA's. I asked them where they were going to, they said Stanthorpe. I said well I know know some folk from Stanthorpe, the Entermain family. They then said we know them well. So I asked the question were they SDA's. They were. We had a good time talking with them.
On another ocassion a van pulled in and I recognised them as a lady who I had met at Camp two years ago, Elva. She had come to our place for Branch Sabbath School when I was about 5 years old. She liked to call into road side stalls and brouse and leave Christian material.
What a surprise.
Clive

Re: Surprise #40828
01/24/01 04:14 AM
01/24/01 04:14 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Clive,

So glad to see you post here What a wonderful story! Such a great witnessing opportunity you have with your fruit n veggie stand... and nothing tastes so good as home grown stuff!

Yum yum

------------------
joy b2u,
karen

Re: Surprise #40829
01/24/01 01:13 AM
01/24/01 01:13 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Welcome back, Clive!

I hope your computer problems are over.

Keep those true stories coming.

Romans 8:28

Daryl

Re: Surprise #40830
01/29/01 12:42 AM
01/29/01 12:42 AM
C
Clive Nevell  Offline OP
Charter Member
New Member (Starting to Post)
Australia
I fear they are not over as I heard some grinding noise when I started up this morning.
We have had some great things happen to us of late with people calling in at the stall or cars breaking down.
This one is a break down one.
A few weeks ago during the Xmas break my wife came home about 9.30pm and some folk followed her down the drive to our house.
I was asleep and she came and woke me up to say that there were some men in the yard.
I was concerned about our dogs so got up as quick as I could. Our daughter was holding one when I came out and got them tied up first.
He said they were broken down and needed some help. At 9.30pm I am reluctant to do too muich when we can not really see what is taking place. He thensaid he would have to walk into town and it just seemed that I thought I should believe his story. I said to my wife Theresa we would take him back to his car and see what we could do if anything at all. It was not far and his female friend got out of the car and we could see that he was in need of help. The tyre was shredded and all gone. I said to drive back to our place and see if we could do something off the highway. To curt a long story down we got it down to the service station and had another one put on.
AS they were ready to go Theresa said lets have a word of prayer before you leave. The young guy said we need all the help we can get. I prayed and thanked our Lord that we were able to help and for the blow out not taking place as they came down the mountain to our place, Amen. Theresa then gave them some "Signs of the Times" and "Steps to Christ" The yopung lady said I have seen those books before, my mum is a Seventh-day Adventist. We could hardly believe our ears. To think these young people had came all the way from mid NSW (about 600 kms) and had a blow out near us. They had already went to another place and were turned away and then came to us. The young people were not SDA's but her mum was. They were on their way to her mum's place when this happened.
We have not heard or seen them since but I know her mum would be mighty pleased that they broke down not far from an Adventist home.

Last Friday another car broke down near us and we were able to help them on their way as well, not as dramatic but still a blessing to help out when we can.
Clive

Re: Surprise #40831
01/29/01 02:35 PM
01/29/01 02:35 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Brother Clive, these are very good evidences of God working in your/our lives in the day to day to reach His lost children.
Sometimes we miss a chance to do His work simply because we don't recognize the opportunities He sends our way.
You have started me thinking of the opportunities I've had to serve and didn't recognize them for what they were.
Please give us more at your most convenient opportunity.

Re: Surprise #40832
01/30/01 10:13 PM
01/30/01 10:13 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am excited over what Clive has been sharing with us.

This seems to be a more appropriate topic in our Evangelism & Witnessing forum, therefore, I am going to move it accordingly.

than to receive. (Acts 20:35)

Daryl

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!