HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,606
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Praise God for His watch care over us!!! #40929
01/31/04 03:14 PM
01/31/04 03:14 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Praise God for all His watch care over us.

About six and half years ago during the summer the west side of my mobile home's electricity went out. I had my swamp cooler running one day and all of a sudden it stopped. I then checked the circuit breakers and they looked ok. Nothing tripped, etc. So I reset them all anyway and still no electricity. Well I run an extension cord to my spare bedroom for the cooler. I talked to someone I knew and he was going to come out and look at it. But between his time and my time we just never was able to get together. And the next thing I knew it was 6 and half years later. The parts that were without power I really did not need. I had no lights in the kitchen but the outlets for other things in the kitchen worked so I just put a pole lamp in the kitchen and that was might light. My bedroom, bathroom, washer and dryer in hallway worked and the east side of the mobile. So as strange as it seems I really did forget about it. Also when it happened I had no way to pay or even charge the cost of fixing it.

But..................

About a week before Christmas ( about a month and half ago) I woke up one morning and turned on my ceiling fan light and the light came on and then off. I thought great, a burned out bulb. Well I was wrong. No power. And no power to the bathroom. I had all other power in my bedroom but the light/ceiling fan. Sooooooooooooo.....needless to say this was one time I could not just forget the problem. I got dressed and found this person who had done some electrical work before for me, minor work. He said he would come out. About a week and half he came out and my son said he came and just flipped the breakers and said he would come back. Well a month later and still no sign of him so I thought well I can not live this way.....was using the extension cord for the cooler to use a desk lamp for the bathroom. So I started making some calls. The first place I called turned out to be a blessing as you will see. I talked to a very nice lady who told me that I should get hold of the manufactures of the mobile and get a list of electricians who work on mobiles. She said they could fix it but it would take longer, and there were those who worked on mobiles all the time and it would not take so long...at $70.00 an hour I did what she suggested.

So I called the local Fleetwood place and left a message. Twice.....no call back. All they had was an answering machine. Then I was able to find an email for one in another town close by and emailed them. I did get an answer back. Saying that with my year of mobile I might have what they called Aluminum wiring instead of copper and that was bad. To call any electrician and tell them that if it is they should pigtail and that they would know what that meant. So I did some research on the Internet about older mobiles and aluminum wiring and all the places said yes it could be a danger. So I got even busier trying to find someone.

I had the thought to look under just Mobile instead of electrician in the yellow pages and this one ad popped out at me. There was only a phone number and no address, etc. So I called...and was not very impressed with my first call. I had to go to work but told him someone would be here and he took my phone number. He was busy. We just could not get together and the next Monday before work I got up early and tried to find his place. He had mentioned when I asked him if he was local that he lived on Arboga Road. So I drove up and down this road for about 40 min looking for a sign with the company's name. Nothing. I came back home and called that very first place and talked to the same woman who even remembered me. After mentioning some of my concerns about him not having an address she said well call him one more time as it is not uncommon to not give out your address if you are working from home. Well I did and he did come out that day about 12:40 while I was at work. My son called a little after 2 and said that he was there and that we had power to the whole mobile. I felt like jumping out and doing a dance....I am on camera all the time so I did not....but I did tell everyone. He found the problem from six and half years ago right away. He opened the box to check it and found out that it was not aluminum but copper. He told Glen that if it had been aluminum he would not have worked on my mobile, too dangerous he said. Probably insurance reasons. He found about a 3 inch burned wire, and replaced it and walla. Then he found a loose wire in the outlet in the bathroom which caused no power for that and my lights in my bedroom.

was like a kid when I came home that night at midnight. Had to turn on all the lights. Ha Ha.

God is so good to us. Six and half years ago he protected me from any harm from this wire. Oh and the cost of this repair was only $97.00. This man could have spent longer time here to just make more money but he did not. Glen said he did not mess around. I was expecting around 500.00 to 1000.00. Depending on what had to be done. If it was aluminum maybe rewiring of mobile. The first business I talked to could have said they would come out and fix it and maybe take allot longer because their equipment was not meant for mobiles but houses made of wood, etc. But praise God for all things. She gave me information to help me find someone else that could work on mobiles.

I know you may not be able to see the wire to clearly but here it a pic of it.

-

Re: Praise God for His watch care over us!!! #40930
01/31/04 09:54 PM
01/31/04 09:54 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Now that is something to praise the Lord about in the Thankfulness & Praise forum. [Smile]

Re: Praise God for His watch care over us!!! #40931
05/09/04 04:57 PM
05/09/04 04:57 PM
M
Midge Weir  Offline
Santa Rosa, California
Avalee, It sounds like you and I have the same God! He surely is like that, - isn't he!?
I think it would be a shame to pass up the chance to praise Him from whom all blessings flow!
God surely has, in His infinite wisdom, allowed me to pass through experiences that require me to trust in Him! In the process I do my very best to learn the lessons that are there for me.
I am especially Thankful today, for the material that is available to us from the Pioneers of the SDA message.
True to his character, Satan has worked to dilute, compromise and change the ORIGINAL message that God gave to us as a people.
Jeremiah 6: 10,15&16
[10]"To whom shall I speak and give ewarning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the Lord is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it. (15) Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shalll fall among them that fall: At the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the Lord. ((16) Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
Also, see Prophets and Kings pp 410 & 411
"The reformation under Josiah had cleansed the land of the idolatrous shrines, but the hearts of the multitude had not been transformed. The seeds of truth that had sprung up and given promise of an abundant harvest had been choked by thorns. Another such backsliding would be fatal; and the Lord sought to arouse the nation to a realization of their danger. ONLY as they should prove loyal to Jehovah could they hope for the divine favor and for prosperity.
JEREMIAH CALLED THEIR ATTENTION REPEATEDLY TO THE COUNSELS GIVEN IN DEUTERONOMY. MORE THAN ANY OTHER OF THE PROPHETS, HE EMPHASIZED THE TEACHINGS OF THE MOSAIC LAW AND SHOWED HOW THESE MIGHT BRING THE HIGHEST SPIRITUAL BLESSING TO THE NATION AND TO EVERY INDIVIDUAL HEART. “Ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein,” he pleaded, “and ye shall find rest for your souls.”
Praise His Holy Name!!

Re: Praise God for His watch care over us!!! #40932
05/09/04 05:30 PM
05/09/04 05:30 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Amen Midge. Praise God for His watchcare over us.

I noticed you are from Lodi. We are not to far from each other. I live about 50 miles north of Sacramento.

Do you know Danny Vierra from Modern Manna? I believe he has meetings or something in Lodi each year. Yesterday he joined the Sacramento Central SDA Church on profession of faith.

Re: Praise God for His watch care over us!!! #40933
05/10/04 05:53 AM
05/10/04 05:53 AM
M
Midge Weir  Offline
Santa Rosa, California
Hi Avalee,
Yes I know Danny Vierra. He is the reason that I came to Lodi. I worked for him for a while.
It did not work out.
It is nice to know that you are not too far from me. Perhaps we will have occasion to meet some day. God Bless as you prepare for His soon return.
Midge

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:16 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!