HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41219
07/31/00 12:16 PM
07/31/00 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

John 17:26"And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them".

Jesus lived it & declared it by His life and told it and declared it with His words and works.

What is this supernatural love that made His human life victorious, steadfast, full of Heaven sent uniqueness ?

"Christ never murmured, never uttered discontent, displeasure, or resentment. He was never disheartened, discouraged, ruffled, or fretted. He was patient, calm, and self-possessed under the most exciting and trying circumstances. All His works were performed with a quiet dignity and ease, whatever commotion was around Him. Applause did not elate Him. He feared not the threats of His enemies. He moved amid the world of excitement, of violence and crime, as the sun moves above the clouds. Human passions and commotions and trials were beneath Him. He sailed like the sun above them all. Yet He was not indifferent to the woes of men. His heart was ever touched with the sufferings and necessities of His brethren, as though He Himself was the one afflicted. He had a calm inward joy, a peace which was serene. His will was ever swallowed up in the will of His Father. Not My will but Thine be done, was heard from His pale and quivering lips."--Letter 51a, Sept. 11, 1874, to Edson and Emma White. {TDG 263.3}

What is it, how can we get & keep it, how can we plant far and wide and close at hand ?

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F. Sutton (edited July 31, 2000).]

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41220
07/31/00 12:47 PM
07/31/00 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

The Desire of Ages PG- 641
“Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts.

But "if thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; if thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not He that pondereth the heart consider it? and He that keepeth thy soul, doth not He know it? and shall not He render to every man according to his works?" Prov. 24:11, 12. In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation.
To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand, "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jer. 13:20, 21.
------------------------------------------------------------
The Desire of Ages PG- 825
Divine love has been stirred to its unfathomable depths for the sake of men, and angels marvel to behold in the recipients of so great love a mere surface gratitude.

Angels marvel at man's shallow appreciation of the love of God. Heaven stands indignant at the neglect shown to the souls of men. Would we know how Christ regards it? How would a father and mother feel, did they know that their child, lost in the cold and the snow, had been passed by, and left to perish, by those who might have saved it? Would they not be terribly grieved, wildly indignant? Would they not denounce those murderers with wrath hot as their tears, intense as their love? The sufferings of every man are the sufferings of God's child, and those who reach out no helping hand to their perishing fellow beings provoke His righteous anger. This is the wrath of the Lamb. To those who claim fellowship with Christ, yet have been indifferent to the needs of their fellow men, He will declare in the great Judgment day, "I know you not whence ye are; depart from Me, all ye workers of iniquity." Luke 13:27.
Advent Review and Sabbath Herald 07-28-1891
Article name--Our Need of Unselfish Love
By Mrs. E. G. White.

In the lack of pure, unselfish love among Sabbath-keepers is manifested the working of Satan's corrupting influence. The constant tendency of the world is to crowd out the mercy and love that God would implant in the hearts of his children. Even among those who occupy important positions in the sacred work of God, the sentiment is uttered that "business is business;" implying that religion is to be kept apart from matters of business. Men may be very exact in their accounts, very rigorous in their religious observances; but all this is as sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal, if the love of God is not manifested in the daily life. Christ spoke words of rebuke to the scribes and Pharisees, because they failed in their duty to their fellow-men in this regard. He said, "Ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith; these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."
Counsels on Stewardship PG- 26
Christ is our example. He gave His life as a sacrifice for us, and He asks us to give our lives as a sacrifice for others. Thus we may cast out the selfishness which Satan is constantly striving to implant in our hearts. This selfishness is death to all piety, and can be overcome only by manifesting love to God and to our fellow men. Christ will not permit one selfish person to enter the courts of heaven. No covetous person can pass through the pearly gates; for all covetousness is idolatry.-- R. & H., July 11, 1899.
The Faith I Live By PG- 265
By kind and judicious management, fathers as well as mothers should bind their children to them by the strong ties of reverence, gratitude, and love, and should kindle in their young hearts an earnest longing for righteousness and truth. While the mother seeks to implant good principles, the father should see that the precious seed is not choked by the growth of evil. His sterner discipline is needed that his children may learn firmness and self-control. . . .
Education p-61
Jochebed was a woman and a slave. Her lot in life was humble, her burden heavy. But through no other woman, save Mary of Nazareth, has the world received greater blessing. Knowing that her child must soon pass beyond her care, to the guardianship of those who knew not God, she the more earnestly endeavored to link his soul with heaven. She sought to implant in his heart love and loyalty to God. And faithfully was the work accomplished. Those principles of truth that were the burden of his mother's teaching and the lesson of her life, no after influence could induce Moses to renounce.
My Life Today PG- 30
Through no other woman, save Mary of Nazareth, has the world received greater blessing. Knowing that her child must soon pass beyond her care, . . . she sought to implant in his heart love and loyalty to God. And faithfully was the work accomplished.
The Signs of the Times 11-10-1881 “The Father's Duty”
The Lord will not pass unpunished the neglect of parents to train their children for his service. By kind and judicious management, fathers as well as mothers should bind their children to them by the strong ties of reverence, gratitude, and love, and should kindle in their young hearts an earnest longing for righteousness and truth. While the mother seeks to implant good principles, the father should see that the precious seed is not choked by the growth of evil. His sterner discipline is needed that his children may learn firmness and self-control amid the allurements to sin which must be on every hand.
Christ's Object Lessons PG- 69
"When the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come." Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own.

It is the privilege of every Christian not only to look for but to hasten the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, (2 Peter 3:12, margin). Were all who profess His name bearing fruit to His glory, how quickly the whole world would be sown with the seed of the gospel. Quickly the last great harvest would be ripened, and Christ would come to gather the precious grain.

Christ's Object Lessons p-384-386
The sanctification of the soul by the working of the Holy Spirit is the implanting of Christ's nature in humanity. Gospel religion is Christ in the life--a living, active principle. It is the grace of Christ revealed in character and wrought out in good works. The principles of the gospel cannot be disconnected from any department of practical life. Every line of Christian experience and labor is to be a representation of the life of Christ.

Love is the basis of godliness. Whatever the profession, no man has pure love to God unless he has unselfish love for his brother.

But we can never come into possession of this spirit by trying to love others.

What is needed is the love of Christ in the heart. When self is merged in Christ, love springs forth spontaneously. The completeness of Christian character is attained when the impulse to help and bless others springs constantly from within-- when the sunshine of heaven fills the heart and is revealed in the countenance.
It is not possible for the heart in which Christ abides to be destitute of love. If we love God because He first loved us, we shall love all for whom Christ died. We cannot come in touch with divinity without coming in touch with humanity; for in Him who sits upon the throne of the universe, divinity and humanity are combined. Connected with Christ, we are connected with our fellow men by the golden links of the chain of love. Then the pity and compassion of Christ will be manifest in our life. We shall not wait to have the needy and unfortunate brought to us. We shall not need to be entreated to feel for the woes of others. It will be as natural for us to minister to the needy and suffering as it was for Christ to go about doing good.

Wherever there is an impulse of love and sympathy, wherever the heart reaches out to bless and uplift others, there is revealed the working of God's Holy Spirit. In the depths of heathenism, men who have had no knowledge of the written law of God, who have never even heard the name of Christ, have been kind to His servants, protecting them at the risk of their own lives. Their acts show the working of a divine power. The Holy Spirit has implanted the grace of Christ in the heart of the savage, quickening his sympathies contrary to his nature, contrary to his education. The "Light which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (John 1:9), is shining in his soul; and this light, if heeded, will guide his feet to the kingdom of God.

The glory of heaven is in lifting up the fallen, comforting the distressed. And wherever Christ abides in human hearts, He will be revealed in the same way. Wherever it acts, the religion of Christ will bless. Wherever it works, there is brightness.

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41221
07/31/00 01:39 PM
07/31/00 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

I compiled a booklet years ago under the Lord's help - it covers this in more detail and I lent to whoever wants to reprint it as is & use it.

Please look under the Evangelism and Witnessing forum.

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41222
08/02/00 04:32 AM
08/02/00 04:32 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

I have a quick question to get this exciting topic rolling:

In what way/s does Jesus declare unto us the Father's name? How does/has He done it with YOU PERSONALLY?

I Will share my answer tomorrow!

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41223
08/02/00 12:27 PM
08/02/00 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

s-abba-th , literaly translated means sign of the Father.

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41224
08/30/00 03:13 AM
08/30/00 03:13 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
David said he would share his answer tomorrow, however, he didn't say what tomorrow.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41225
08/29/00 10:25 PM
08/29/00 10:25 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Daryl,
How about e-mailing David & finding out.

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41226
09/02/00 01:32 AM
09/02/00 01:32 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Edward F. Sutton:
[b]"Christ [b]never murmured, never uttered discontent, displeasure, or resentment. He was never disheartened, discouraged, ruffled, or fretted. He was patient, calm, and self-possessed under the most exciting and trying circumstances. All His works were performed with a quiet dignity and ease, whatever commotion was around Him. [/B]

Okay, question . . . what about when Jesus cleared the moneylenders, etc. from the temple. . . Matthew 21:12-13.

And what about when he wept for Lazarus? Jesus suffered many human emotions, sorrow, grief, anger, love, the whole guantlet. He just didn't let them rule Him. He let His Father take care of them for Him. He placed all of His trust and His emotions into His Father's hands and let that be the end of it.

My thoughts anyway.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41227
09/30/00 07:08 AM
09/30/00 07:08 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

It seems there was a personal communion within that was not able to be uprooted by the money changers, and even the need to clear them out of the temple.

Without inspiration elaborating on this unbreakable communion, I could not certain my answers would really do justice to His internal grasp upon God & communion with Him. This much I would say is that Scripture, the Holy Spirit, and the Father of Lights, the unselfish love from Them within Him - held Him - kept Him - motivated Him - compelled Him - The constraints of the "fullness of time" kept Him focused on the present & future work of His mission. He was absorbed in something much bigger than His present personal society & culture. His mission is His life, it's purpose is His purpose. There seems to be certain constants that varying circumstances can not change or shake.

Gethsemene and Calvery threaten to uproot everything, even this heretofore eternally unshakable core of communion.

His soul is poured out like water, the Father seperates from Him & will not answer Him. The love He has within must decide to act. The actions He commits Himself to and undertakes decides the fate of the universe.

Either Good or Evil will win, based on the choices and actions of Jesus in His humanity- decided and carried out during the darkness in a secluded half wild garden - becoming a criminal in God's sight - traveling to execution for vicarious purposes on a mis-shapen nearby hill; on a small back-water planet in an obscure arm on a minor galaxy - in a semi sequestered portion of the well traveled universe. Seemingly alone, hated, and forgotten.

But actually never more loved, honored, exhaulted, appreciated than then. But not reciving that untill later.

His personal communion during that day to day unassuming life of 33-1/2 yrs then becomes the basis for unselfish love being prepared so that the spiritual force necessary for conquering all the evils of all ages would be present and sufficent for the complete accomplishment of His mission.

That spiritual power was utter full and complete surrender to the Scriptures, The Holy Spirit, The Father's plan for Him personally, and the call of the unreachable need of the lost race of humanity. To fulfill His mission would kill Him, but open life to "whosoever will" leaving Him in the tomb near Golgotha. At least that's what the terrible temptations whisper into his mind. Psalm 22 is His lament, the lament of the True Vine having it's blood crushed out, The True Lamb having it's life ended. Yet these symbols could not offer themselves. He the One beyond mere symbols ability to fully personify, could & did willingly offer Himself to even the despoiling of His eternal communion & dying under judicial wrath.

Why do you supose He would do that?
Who could motivate Him to do such a thing, when the evidence and temptations pointed to eternal death - not life ?

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41228
09/30/00 12:20 PM
09/30/00 12:20 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I remember reading that Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit love us so much, they couldn't stand the idea of being without us,so, this plan was implemented before the fall.

My understanding was that the thought of being without us hurt more than the fear of being dead for eternity.

I don't know why He died for me, other than His love for me.
I find it difficult to comprehend such love.
But I will say this much, I'm glad He loves us so much.
Imagine where we all would be if He didn't.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

Reply Quote
Re: John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the lov #41229
09/19/01 11:43 AM
09/19/01 11:43 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
This internal experience that Jesus and The Father & The Holy Spirit forged as partners, while Jesus lived in the flesh of the seed of Abraham for 33 1/2 victorious years; could it be what conversion really is ?

What does Bible & SOP say about the internal work within Himself that Jesus did, that is the pattern for what we must do ?

Part of His work was the work of The I'AM THAT I'AM come to do what only God in human flesh could do. That is not & never will be our work. But the human part of His work, both internally and externally as the natural outflowing of the internal results of the internal victories & internal experiences.

In human terms, listing things so we can relate to them, would folks research from Bible & SOP stuff they learn about the heart work of Jesus and His daily priorities & daily scedule as it met those changing needs.

What did He do?
Why ?
How?
When?
Who made it possible ?
What were the results of His internal actions?

What were the results of His external actions ?

How did He set His priorities ?
What were His tools as a human?
How did He use them & how did He get trained to use them as a human?

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!