HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Karen Y, Nadi, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,348 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Representatives of His Name #41240
09/04/00 11:28 PM
09/04/00 11:28 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

How do we open our minds to understand the scripture? Seems like there is a step missing in this equation. We must remember that just because we, or you, know the way, others may not and may need that little bit of information we thought wasn't necessary to pass along - for instance, until this year I didn't realize that to open my mind to understand the scripture, all I had to do was READ it every day, THINK about it constantly and MEMORIZE it. The first step, of course is the most important. If we could only encourage our families to spend 15 minutes a day reading their Bible and talking with God, for a month, at the end of that month, they would only want more!! The more we immerse ourselves in God's Word, the more it makes sense, because it continually explains itself!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Reply Quote
Re: Representatives of His Name #41241
09/05/00 05:30 AM
09/05/00 05:30 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Daryl

I don't think I totally understand where you were coming from in your last question; but I like that little purple thing you used. How do you get it to appear beside a word?

Sarah, you made such a good point! The Word of God has the creative ability to do what it says!

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Reply Quote
Re: Representatives of His Name #41242
09/05/00 11:40 AM
09/05/00 11:40 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Click on the Smilies Legend and you will see how I did it. (colon eek colon)

As far as my post goes, I did it to see if I could re-activate this study that had been inactive since August 15th.

Apparently, I succeeded.

So lets keep the topic flowing.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited September 05, 2000).]

Reply Quote
Re: Representatives of His Name #41243
09/10/00 10:49 AM
09/10/00 10:49 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
We need to remember that even those in the church have a problem getting it all together. We tend to take it for granted that now they are in the fold, it will all magically come together.
It doesn't.

I struggle myself with doubts and fears about getting it right.
How do we present thids in such a fashion that we can answer even some of the unasked questions?
There are people that need to know, but are afraid of rejection if they show their 'ignorance'.

Reply Quote
Re: Representatives of His Name #41244
09/10/00 12:29 PM
09/10/00 12:29 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
That's so true, Gerry, which could be the reason why some are cautious about posting here as they think what they post may be considered stupid or ignorant by somebody else.

I am glad none of us here would do that to a person posting no matter what the thought or the question might be.

-----------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl

Reply Quote
Re: Representatives of His Name #41245
09/10/00 02:29 PM
09/10/00 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Gerry & Daryl

You made such a good point. It is hard to deal with the types of rejection you mentioned.

As representatives of His name; it is fitting that we don't knowingly show outright rejection to anyone who posts here and elsewhere something that we don't understand or agree with.

"Thousands of hearts can be reached in the most simple, humble way. The most intellectual, those who are looked upon and praised as the world's most gifted men and women, are often refreshed by the simple words that flow from the heart of one who loves God, and who can speak of that love as naturally as the worldling speaks of things that their mind contemplates and feeds upon.

Often, the words well prepared and studied have little influence. But, the true, honest words of a son or daughter of God, spoken in natural simplicity, WILL OPEN THE DOOR TO HEARTS THAT HAVE LONG BEEN LOCKED."
(6T 115).

Obviously, we don't need to have all the answers...we just need to know what to do with the ones we do have!

Grace

Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 2 Tim. 2:1, 2.

The lessons contained in the words of Paul to Timothy are of the greatest importance to us today. He charges him to "be strong"--in his own wisdom? No, but "in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." He who would be a follower of Christ is not to rely upon his own capabilities, or to feel confident in himself.

Neither is to be dwarfed in his religious efforts, to shun responsibilities, and remain inefficient in the cause of God. He is to draw strength from a sure and safe source, that never fails those who would have divine power. The exhortation to us is, "Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." If the Christian feels his weakness, his inability, by putting his trust in God, he will find the grace of Christ sufficient for every emergency.

The soldier of Christ must meet many forms of temptation, and resist and overcome them. The fiercer the conflict, the greater the supply of grace to meet the need of the soul; and the very nature of the grace received will enlarge the capacity of the servant of Christ to know God, and Jesus Christ whom he hath sent.

The soul of the believer will go out in intense longing to know and understand more of the truth and righteousness of Christ. All who advance in the divine life will have increased ability to search for truth as for hid treasure, and will appropriate the truth to their own souls.

The true Christian will understand what it means to pass through severe conflicts and trying experiences; but he will steadily increase in the grace of Christ to meet successfully the enemy of his soul, who works through human agency to cause the ruin of the servants of Christ.

By passing through severe ordeals of trial, the follower of Christ will better understand the ways of God and the plan of redemption, and will not be ignorant of the devices of the enemy. The darkness will press upon his soul at times; but the true light will shine, the bright beams of the Sun of Righteousness will dispel the gloom; and although Satan seeks in every way to discourage him by presenting obstacles before him, through the grace of Christ he will be enabled to be a faithful witness of the things which he has heard from the inspired messenger of God. He does not despise or neglect the message received, but commits his knowledge to faithful men, who in their turn are to be able to teach others also.

In communicating the light to others, the Christian proves the truth of the word that "the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day" (Prov. 4:18) (Review and Herald, June 16, 1896).

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited September 10, 2000).]

Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!