HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Human Nature Of Christ #41376
10/30/00 02:02 AM
10/30/00 02:02 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Ed posted some interesting information in the other thread in this forum which prompted me to begin a new topic here on that.

I, therefore, want to begin this topic by asking the following question:

Do we truly understand the human nature of Jesus Christ?

Daryl

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41377
07/15/01 10:16 AM
07/15/01 10:16 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Daryl,
Was that the seven part series on the nature of Jesus Christ ? If so where did I put it ? I may need to refer others to that thread in the near future .

Thanks,
Ed

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41378
07/15/01 11:13 AM
07/15/01 11:13 AM
M
Mogens H. Sorensen  Offline
Posting New Member
Fredericton, NB, Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Daryl Fawcett:
Ed posted some interesting information in the other thread in this forum which prompted me to begin a new topic here on that.

I, therefore, want to begin this topic by asking the following question:

[b]Do we truly understand the human nature of Jesus Christ?

Daryl [/B]

I hope you understand, Daryl, that you are opening Pandora's box on this one. There will be a lot of divergent opinions on this subject. May I suggest that you post a comprehensive statement from 27 Fundamental Beliefs on the nature of Christ and then go from there. This will, at least, give the forum participants an anchor point, a basis for discussion. If it will be any help to you I have copied part of the statement and I could send it to you by e-mail.

MHS

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41379
07/16/01 01:39 AM
07/16/01 01:39 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Time has passed, Ed, since I began this topic, therefore, I have forgotten what thread of your's prompted me to begin this topic in the first place.

While I read over Brother Mogens email and email attachment, I invite him to do himself what he suggested I do regarding the church's position as the framework of discussing this topic, as I trust in his wisdom in so doing.

Daryl

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41380
07/17/01 07:26 PM
07/17/01 07:26 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have looked at the file that Brother Mogens sent me. It is at least 3 or 4 pages long, therefore, since Mogens hasn't responded to my invitation, I am going to follow his suggestion one quote at a time taken from the book Seventh-day Adventists Believe.... covering portions of pages 45 to 52.

quote:

Jesus Christ Is Truly Man.
The Bible testifies that in addition to His divine nature, Christ has a human nature. The acceptance of this teaching is crucial.

I will comment here by saying that the understanding of this teaching is also crucial.

quote:

Everyone who "confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God" and everyone who does not "is not of God" (1 John 4:2,3). Christ's human birth, development, characteristics, and personal testimony provide evidence of His humanity.

I want us to analyze these quotes and comment on them as they are quoted.

quote:

1. His human birth.
"The Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14). Here "flesh" means "human nature," a nature inferior to His heavenly one.

He was born of a woman like every other child except for one thing. His mother, Mary, was a virgin, and this Child was conceived of the Holy Spirit. Christ could, therefore, claim true humanity through His mother.

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited July 17, 2001).]

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41381
08/18/01 08:38 AM
08/18/01 08:38 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Daryl,
I have manually searched MSDAOL's forums for the thread name that seems like it might be there, but to no avail. Could it be archived or got dumped with the old server situation ?

In Word Perfect I still have the eight files on the human nature of Jesus. One is more recent that the old posting on TRO. The other seven are the originals posted there 7 once upon MSDAOL. In the froum "The Search for Truth" I antisipate this issue will presently arise with mixed agendas. If these files are no longer on MSDAOL forums or are archived, might I repost them in the reference library as reference only closed topics, or open topics? I do not remenber finding the multi part posts on 1844 either. That also soon may come under attach again.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41382
08/18/01 09:13 PM
08/18/01 09:13 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Did you check all the pages and topics? In other words, was your topic preference set to see all topics? I guess it depends when you actuall posted them; prior to July 5th or after July 5th.

If you still can't find them, let me know.

Daryl

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41383
08/19/01 06:37 AM
08/19/01 06:37 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
I don't think they were posted as recent as July 2000. It was soon after the posting of those posts on TRO.

I tried finding it over there to establish a time line, but could not find it. I do not remember the thread title, and searched likely forums & did not find anything that suggested a likely thread.

TOO much water under the bridge.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited August 19, 2001).]

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41384
08/20/01 01:29 AM
08/20/01 01:29 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
In that case, you may want to repost them in the forum reference library.

Daryl

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41385
08/20/01 08:19 PM
08/20/01 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

*********Beginning of Quote*********

Jesus Christ Is Truly Man.
The Bible testifies that in addition to His divine nature, Christ has a human nature. The acceptance of this teaching is crucial.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will comment here by saying that the understanding of this teaching is also crucial.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone who "confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God" and everyone who does not "is not of God" (1 John 4:2,3). Christ's human birth, development, characteristics, and personal testimony provide evidence of His humanity.

I want us to analyze these quotes and comment on them as they are quoted.

quote:

1. His human birth.
"The Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14). Here "flesh" means "human nature," a nature inferior to His heavenly one.

He was born of a woman like every other child except for one thing. His mother, Mary, was a virgin, and this Child was conceived of the Holy Spirit. Christ could, therefore, claim true humanity through His mother.

*********End of Quote*********

This is my first post on this message board and am looking for I am sure a very lively discussion. My question that I would like ask right here at he outset is we as SDA's know who the antichrist is! One of the distinquishing marks of the antichrist is that he will deny that Christ came in the flesh! If this criteria is not meet with all the rest than the party under "investigation" no longer a candidate for the "title". With this thought in mind the RCC claims exactly the same thing we have posted above.

I quote: Jesus Christ Is Truly Man.

Now I ask you, considering how critical this all is, what pray tell is the real difference between our position and theirs?

------------------
(Rev 14:12 KJV) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

===============

To avoid confusion of what is a quotation of my post and what is your post, I separated them accordingly.

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited August 20, 2001).]

Re: The Human Nature Of Christ #41386
08/20/01 08:40 PM
08/20/01 08:40 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As this topic is closely related to a couple of other topics in The Search For Truth forum, I am moving this topic for continued discussion to make it easier to compare these topics.

Daryl

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!