HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Christ's Character #41409
03/14/02 07:35 PM
03/14/02 07:35 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
The joy of Christ is a pure, unalloyed cheerfulness.

I looked up the word unalloyed:

One entry found for unalloyed.

Main Entry: un·al·loyed
Pronunciation: "&n-&-'loid
Function: adjective
Date: 1667
: not alloyed : UNMIXED, UNQUALIFIED, PURE

Then I looked up alloyed:

One entry found for alloy.

Main Entry: 2al·loy
Pronunciation: &-'loi also 'a-"loi
Date: 1661
transitive senses
1 a : TEMPER, MODERATE b : to impair or debase by admixture
2 : to reduce the purity of by mixing with a less valuable metal
3 : to mix so as to form an alloy
intransitive senses : to lend itself to being alloyed

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 14, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41410
03/18/02 05:49 PM
03/18/02 05:49 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Psalms 5:11
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psalms 16:11
Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Psalms 32:11
Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Proverbs 12:20
Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace is joy,.

Isaiah 35:10
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joyupon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41411
03/18/02 06:15 PM
03/18/02 06:15 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Reflecting Christ
We are to Reveal Christ's Love and Joy
Page 134

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Rom. 15:13

In the great and measureless gift of the Holy Spirit are contained all of heaven's resources. It is not because of any restriction on the part of God that the riches of His grace do not flow earthward to men. If all were willing to receive, all would become filled with His Spirit. It is the privilege of every soul to be a living channel through which God can communicate to the world the treasures of His grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ. There is nothing that Christ desires so much as agents who will represent to the world His Spirit and character. There is nothing that the world needs so much as the manifestation through humanity of the Saviour's love. All heaven is waiting for channels through which can be poured the holy oil to be a joy and blessing to human hearts.

Christ has made every provision that His church shall be a transformed body, illumined with the Light of the world, possessing the glory of Emmanuel. It is His purpose that every Christian shall be surrounded with a spiritual atmosphere of light and peace. He desires that we shall reveal His own joy in our lives.

The indwelling of the Spirit will be shown by the outflowing of heavenly love. The divine fullness will flow through the consecrated human agent, to be given forth to others.

The Sun of Righteousness has "healing in his wings" (Mal. 4:2). So from every true disciple is to be diffused an influence for life, courage, helpfulness, and true healing.

The religion of Christ means more than the forgiveness of sin; it means taking away our sins, and filling the vacuum with the graces of the Holy Spirit. It means divine illumination, rejoicing in God. It means a heart emptied of self, and blessed with the abiding presence of Christ. When Christ reigns in the soul, there is purity, freedom from sin. The glory, the fullness, the completeness of the gospel plan is fulfilled in the life. The acceptance of the Saviour brings a glow of perfect peace, perfect love, perfect assurance. The beauty and fragrance of the character of Christ revealed in the life testifies that God has indeed sent His Son into the world to be its Saviour.--Christ's Object Lessons, pp. 419, 420.

There is peace in believing, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Believing brings peace, and trusting in God brings joy.--Testimonies, vol. 2, pp. 319, 320.

I am printing out this quote and taking it with me to work to study. These are very powerful words God has given to us. When we have asked for forgiveness of our sins and our sins have been taken away, are we filling that vacuum that is left with the graces of the Holy Spirit? What does it mean to have the graces of the Holy Spirit? It tells us here in the above paragraph what it means. Amen! Oh what precious promises!

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41412
03/18/02 06:29 PM
03/18/02 06:29 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Charlene Van Hook:
They obtained their knowledge by the faithful use of their powers, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. They placed themselves in connection with the Source of all wisdom, making the knowledge of God the foundation of their education. .... And God Himself was their teacher. Constantly praying, conscientiously studying, keeping in touch with the Unseen, they walked with God as did Enoch."

Amen Charlene...and this is possible for us to do also...And like Daniel we must place ourself in connection with the Sourse of all wisdom.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41413
03/23/02 05:23 AM
03/23/02 05:23 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Chap. 255 - Keep on an Even Keel

For I have given you an example. John 13:15.

We are forming characters for heaven. No character can be complete without trial and suffering. We must be tested, we must be tried. Christ bore the test of character of our behalf that we might bear this test in our own behalf through the divine strength He has brought to us. Christ is our example in patience, in forbearance, in meekness and lowliness of mind. He was at variance and at war with the whole ungodly world, yet He did not give way to passion and violence manifested in words and actions, although receiving shameful abuse in return for good works. He was afflicted, He was rejected and despitefully treated, yet He retaliated not. He possessed self-control, dignity, and majesty. He suffered with calmness and for abuse gave only compassion, pity, and love. . . . {TDG 263.1}

Imitate your Redeemer in these things. Do not get excited when things go wrong. Do not let self arise, and lose your self-control because you fancy things are not as they should be. Because others are wrong is no excuse for you to do wrong. Two wrongs will not make one right. You have victories to gain in order to overcome as Christ overcame. {TDG 263.2}

Christ never murmured, never uttered discontent, displeasure, or resentment. He was never disheartened, discouraged, ruffled, or fretted. He was patient, calm, and self-possessed under the most exciting and trying circumstances. All His works were performed with a quiet dignity and ease, whatever commotion was around Him. Applause did not elate Him. He feared not the threats of His enemies. He moved amid the world of excitement, of violence and crime, as the sun moves above the clouds. Human passions and commotions and trials were beneath Him. He sailed like the sun above them all. Yet He was not indifferent to the woes of men. His heart was ever touched with the sufferings and necessities of His brethren, as though He Himself was the one afflicted. He had a calm inward joy, a peace which was serene. His will was ever swallowed up in the will of His Father. Not My will but Thine be done, was heard from His pale and quivering lips.--Letter 51a, Sept. 11, 1874, to Edson and Emma White. {TDG 263.3}

Perhaps there are keys to Christ’s mind-set.

1.Obtained - Agape - The whole sum of all His motives.
2.Obtained - Trust in God through Scripture that is absolute - Circumstances subordinate to that trust.
3.Obtained - Complete surrender of all personal rights and desires and choices to God and constant communion with God. - Surrender & Communication with God, prayer & engrafting Scripture & public worship & helping and blessing people - doing the works that co-labor with God for others.

John 6:
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Perhaps it would be good to look up the phrases in SOP “is attained when” & “as He has loved it”. Compare with Deuteronomy ch 30, Matthew ch’s 5-7 & 24-25, John ch- 17; Ephesians ch 3, 2nd Peter ch 1, Isaiah ch 58, Book of James, Rev ch’s 1-3 & 12-18.

These references (Bible & SOP ) are well worth reading & creating into a continual prayer till they become the new character.

“is attained when” = 11 hits
{AA 551.1}
{COL 384.2}
{CME 47.2}
{AG 145.4}
{Mar 101.1}
{RC 234.4}
{TMK 193.3}
{WM 81.4}
{RH, April 17, 1888 par. 13}
{RH, April 3, 1900 par. 1}
{RH, August 10, 1911 par. 5}

“as He has loved it” = 2 hits

{DA 641.3}
{AG 54.6}

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41414
03/24/02 12:00 AM
03/24/02 12:00 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance." Gal. 5:22, 23. This fruit can never perish, but will produce after its kind a harvest unto eternal life. {COL 68.1}

Just what does it mean to have PEACE as an attribute of Christ's Character?

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41415
03/24/02 01:43 PM
03/24/02 01:43 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Avalee,
I think of Paul, Chained in prison, waiting for the morning and his death, but he is sleeping. He is secure in the knowledge that his life is hidden in Jesus. The Angel must wake him to deliver him from certain death.....now that is peace. He experienced the following:

The Signs of the Times---11-25-97---Farewell Words

"Christ brought this peace with him to the world; he carried it with him throughout his earthly life. And now the time had come when he must give his life in order that that peace might ever abide in the heart by faith. As then he left his peace with his disciples, so now he is implanting and maintaining it in the hearts of all who will welcome its presence. From him
alone can come that peace which the world can neither give nor take away. His peace was the consciousness of having done the will of his Father; and that peace in his follower is the consciousness that he is doing the will of God,
and reflecting his character in good works."

God Bless,

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41416
03/24/02 08:25 PM
03/24/02 08:25 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
PEACE

Charlene thank you. This is the kind of peace we all need. This part of God's Character is one of the first things I noticed He has given me. Before I became a Christian I knew nothing about peace in my mind. There was not such thing. My mind for this reason and that reason was always in a turmoil. Oh there was times things were fine...but I did not know the peace God can give you until after I gave my life to Him. This has been such a blessing to me. I praise God for the peace He has given me.

Psalms 119:165
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Psalms 29:11
The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Psalms 34:14
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Psalms 37:37
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 14:19
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41417
03/24/02 08:47 PM
03/24/02 08:47 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
There is no other ground of peace than this. The grace of Christ, received into the heart, subdues enmity; it allays strife and fills the soul with love. He who is at peace with God and his fellow men cannot be made miserable. Envy will not be in his heart; evil surmisings will find no room there; hatred cannot exist. The heart that is in harmony with God is a partaker of the peace of heaven and will diffuse its blessed influence on all around. The spirit of peace will rest like dew upon hearts weary and troubled with worldly strife. {RC 38.3}

What did that just say? Did this say that if we are at peace with God we can not be made miserable? Praise God! I think we all what this peace don't we?

quote:
Those who take Christ at his word, and surrender their souls to his keeping, their lives to his ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by his presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee." {SW, April 7, 1908 par. 4}

Praise God again! This tells us that we can find peace and quietude when we surrender our lives to God's keeping. Amen

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41418
03/30/02 04:40 AM
03/30/02 04:40 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
That I May Know Him
Page 94
Molded After His Character

But we all, with open face beholding as in glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor. 3:18. {TMK 94.1}

When a man turns away from human imperfections and beholds Jesus, a divine transformation takes place in his character. He fixes his eye upon Christ as on a mirror which reflects the glory of God, and by beholding he becomes changed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. . . . {TMK 94.2}

Turn your eyes from the imperfections of others and fix them steadfastly on Christ. With a contrite heart, study His life and character. You need not only to be more enlightened, but quickened, that you may see the banquet that is before you, and eat and drink the flesh and blood of the Son of God, which is His Word. By tasting the good Word of Life, by feeding on the Bread of Life, you may see the power of a world to come, and be created anew in Christ Jesus. If you receive His gifts you will be renewed unto holiness, and His grace will bring forth in you fruit unto the glory of God. {TMK 94.3}

The Holy Spirit reveals Christ to the mind, and faith takes hold of Him. If you accept Christ as your personal Saviour, you will know by experience the value of the great sacrifice made in your behalf upon the cross of Calvary. The Spirit of Christ working upon the heart conforms it to His image, for Christ is the model upon which the Spirit works. By the ministry of His Word, by His providences, by His inward working, God stamps the likeness of Christ upon the soul. {TMK 94.4}

To possess Christ is your first work, and to reveal Him as One who is able to save to the uttermost all who come to Him is your next work. To serve the Lord with full purpose of heart is to honor and glorify His name by dwelling upon holy things, by having a mind filled with the vital truths revealed in His Holy Word.... {TMK 94.5}

Goodness, meekness, gentleness, patience, and love are the attributes of Christ's character. If you have the spirit of Christ, your character will be molded after His character. {TMK 94.6}

The above quote came in my devotional this morning and felt it would be excellant for this study.

Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!