HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Christ's Character #41399
03/08/02 06:50 PM
03/08/02 06:50 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
In another area on the forum I had posted the quote below from the Spirit of Prophecy about "Christ's character" being perfectly reproduced in His people. On the way to work I was thinking about this quote, and just what it means to have Christ's Character perfectly reproduced in us. I was impressed to do a study on just that....Christ's Character...I welcome any thoughts in this area using the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy and of course our own thoughts on this as well. Since we have been told this is what Jesus is waiting for in His people before He comes to take us home with Him I feel that this should be a most important thing to study about.

quote:
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance." Gal. 5:22, 23. This fruit can never perish, but will produce after its kind a harvest unto eternal life. {COL 68.1}

"When the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come." Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69.1}

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41400
03/08/02 07:03 PM
03/08/02 07:03 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
I wanted to start with a definition from the online Merriam-Webster Dicionary...I have bolded a few words that jumped out to me:

Main Entry: 1char·ac·ter
Pronunciation: 'kar-ik-t&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English caracter, from Middle French caractère, from Latin character mark, distinctive quality, from Greek charaktEr, from charassein to scratch, engrave; perhaps akin to Lithuanian zerti to scratch
Date: 14th century
1 a : a conventionalized graphic device placed on an object as an indication of ownership, origin, or relationship b : a graphic symbol (as a hieroglyph or alphabet letter) used in writing or printing c : a magical or astrological emblem d : ALPHABET e (1) : WRITING, PRINTING (2) : style of writing or printing (3) : CIPHER f : a symbol (as a letter or number) that represents information; also : a representation of such a character that may be accepted by a computer
2 a : one of the attributes or features that make up and distinguish an individual b (1) : a feature used to separate distinguishable things into categories; also : a group or kind so separated (2) : the detectable expression of the action of a gene or group of genes (3) : the aggregate of distinctive qualities characteristic of a breed, strain, or type c : the complex of mental and ethical traits marking and often individualizing a person, group, or nation d : main or essential nature especially as strongly marked and serving to distinguish
3 : POSITION, CAPACITY
4 : REFERENCE 4b
5 : REPUTATION
6 : moral excellence and firmness

7 a : a person marked by notable or conspicuous traits b : one of the persons of a drama or novel c : the personality or part which an actor recreates d : characterization especially in drama or fiction e : PERSON, INDIVIDUAL
8 : a short literary sketch of the qualities of a social type
synonym see DISPOSITION, QUALITY, TYPE
- char·ac·ter·less /-l&s/ adjective
- in character : in accord with a person's usual qualities or traits
- out of character : not in accord with a person's usual qualities or traits

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41401
03/08/02 07:22 PM
03/08/02 07:22 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Study the Character of Christ

The Lord of glory stepped down from his throne, laid aside his kingly crown, his royal robe, and clothed his divinity with humanity, that divinity might touch humanity, that humanity might lay hold of divinity. Look at Christ's life, and make it, your study. For your soul's sake study the character of Christ. For our sakes He became poor, that we through his poverty might be made rich. This condescension on the part of Christ, was in the plan to redeem and restore the moral image of God in man, and to leave an example of self-denial and self-sacrifice, that the poor might not be despised on account of their poverty, and that the rich might know that earthly wealth will never secure to any soul eternal riches and an immortal inheritance in the kingdom of God. {GH, January 1, 1899 par. 2}

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41402
03/10/02 06:09 PM
03/10/02 06:09 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance." Gal. 5:22, 23. This fruit can never perish, but will produce after its kind a harvest unto eternal life. {COL 68.1}

Since the fruits mentioned above are what our characters are to be made up of I thought we could study each fruit by itself.

Love

quote:
The Fruit of Pure Love

"Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them" Matthew 7:12

Blessed results would appear as the fruit of such a course. "With what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again" (verse 2). Here are strong motives which should constrain us to love one another with a pure heart, fervently. Christ is our example. He went about doing good. He lived to bless others. Love beautified and ennobled all His actions.

How many hurts would be avoided if we would just put the above principal into action. If before we speak an unkind word to anyone put ourself in their place...how would we feel if it was said to us...this makes me think of this scripture:

James 1:19
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Over the years I have not always followed this advice....but I have found that it is sure excellent advice. I pray daily that I will not say any rash words to hurt someone...once they are said you can not take them back..and the recording Angel is recording everything we say...Are the words we saying to others the kind of words we want to be recorded?

quote:
Love, the Principle of Action

When the heavenly principle of eternal love fills the heart, it will flow out to others, . . . because love is the principle of action, and modifies the character, governs the impulses, controls the passions, subdues enmity, and elevates and ennobles the affections.--4T 223 (1876). {1MCP 205.1}

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41403
03/10/02 08:03 PM
03/10/02 08:03 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
I found this quote on that tells the "how to" for the making of the Character of Christ:-BC- PK

Prophets and Kings---PG- 486
"In acquiring the wisdom of the Babylonians, Daniel and his companions were far more successful than their fellow students; but their learning did not come by chance. They obtained their knowledge by the faithful use of their powers, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. They placed themselves in connection with the Source of all wisdom, making the knowledge of God the foundation of their education. In faith they prayed for wisdom, and they lived their prayers. They placed themselves where God could bless
them. They avoided that which would weaken their powers, and improved every opportunity to become intelligent in all lines of learning. They followed the rules of life that could not fail to give them strength of intellect. They sought
to acquire knowledge for one purpose--that they might honor God. They realized that in order to stand as representatives of true religion amid the false religions of heathenism they must have clearness of intellect and must perfect a Christian character. And God Himself was their teacher. Constantly praying, conscientiously studying, keeping in touch with the Unseen, they walked with God as did Enoch."

Love is the motive and all done in His strength.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41404
03/13/02 05:07 PM
03/13/02 05:07 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
LOVE

quote:
Love Favorably Interprets Another's Motives

Charity 'doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil' (1 Corinthians 13:5)

Christlike love places the most favorable construction on the motives and acts of others. It does not needlessly expose their faults; it does not listen eagerly to unfavorable reports, but seeks rather to bring to mind the good qualities of others.--AA 319 (1911). {1MCP 209.1}

Just think how many problems would be done away with if we would just have this a part of our character..instead of thinking the worse of someone. I especially was blessed by reading this as I have been convicted of this lately in my life. At work there have been a few employees that have done some things and I have been guilty of not only listening to this but sometimes adding my own thoughts about this. The above quote from the Spirit Of Prophecy tells us that we are not to needlessly expose the faults of others. (of course there will be those who will say that it was necessary to tell the faults of so and so) It also says to be Christlike means to put a favorable construction on the motives and acts of others. Since this is a part of the character of Christ I want this character to be in me also.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41405
03/13/02 05:45 PM
03/13/02 05:45 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Psalms 70:4
Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

Psalms 97:10
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Proverbs 17:9
He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.

quote:
Are we obeying the words of Christ, or are we following the impulses of our own depraved hearts? Do we have a clear conscience that we are doing our whole duty to our God in the line of raising joyful thanksgiving and praise for his constant care and love? We must cultivate the precious traits of character that abound in Jesus in all their divine fullness. We must daily learn in the school of Christ, and practice the graces of his spirit, till our lives shall shed the divine fragrance of his life. We shall be representatives of Christ if we are thoughtful of others, ministering to their necessities. {ST, September 22, 1890 par. 4}

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41406
03/14/02 06:47 PM
03/14/02 06:47 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). Here is the sum and substance of the law of God. The terms of salvation for every son and daughter of Adam are here outlined. . . . {AG 134.3}

That law of ten precepts of the greatest love that can be presented to man is the voice of God from heaven speaking to the soul in promise, "This do, and you will not come under the dominion and control of Satan." There is not a negative in that law, although it may appear thus. It is DO and Live. {AG 134.4}

The condition of eternal life is now just what it always has been--just what it was in Paradise before the fall of our first parents--perfect obedience to the law of God, perfect righteousness. If eternal life were granted on any condition short of this, then the happiness of the whole universe would be imperiled. The way would be open for sin, with all its train of woe and misery, to be immortalized. {AG 134.5}

Christ does not lessen the claims of the law. In unmistakable language He presents obedience to it as the condition of eternal life--the same condition that was required of Adam before his fall. . . . The requirement under the covenant of grace is just as broad as the requirement made in Eden--harmony with God's law, which is holy, just, and good. {AG 134.6}

The standard of character presented in the Old Testament is the same that is presented in the New Testament. This standard is not one to which we cannot attain. In every command or injunction that God gives there is a promise, the most positive, underlying the command. God has made provision that we may become like unto Him, and He will accomplish this for all who do not interpose a perverse will and thus frustrate His grace. {AG 134.7}

Here we have found that LOVE is a part of Christ's Character we must have in order to have Christ's Character. The next attribute is JOY.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41407
03/14/02 06:53 PM
03/14/02 06:53 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA

Just what does it mean to have JOY as an attribute of Christ's Character?

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 14, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41408
03/14/02 07:01 PM
03/14/02 07:01 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
JOY

quote:
Most Happy People on Earth

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. John 15:11. {OHC 148.1}

We, as Christians, are not required to go about with long faces, sighing as though we had no Saviour and no hope. This will not glorify God. He desires us to be cheerful. He desires us to be filled with praises to His name. He desires us to carry light in our countenances, and joy in our hearts. We have a hope that is far above any pleasures that the world can give, and this fact should be made manifest. {OHC 148.2}

Why should not our joy be full--full, lacking nothing? We have an assurance that Jesus is our Saviour, and that we may draw freely from Him. We may partake freely of the rich provision that He has made for us in His Word. We may take Him at His word, believe on Him, and know that He will give us grace and power to do just as He bids us. . . . We may constantly seek the joy of His presence. We need not be all the time upon our knees in prayer, but we may be constantly asking for His grace, even when we are walking on the streets, or when we are engaged in our ordinary daily duties. We may constantly keep the mind ascending to Christ, and He will freely impart to us of His grace. . . . {OHC 148.3}

The joy of Christ is a pure, unalloyed cheerfulness. It is not a cheap gaiety, that leads to vanity of words or lightness of conduct. No, we are to have His joy, and His greatest joy was to see men obeying the truth. . . . Plead with God, saying, "I make an entire surrender. I give myself away to Thee." Then be joyful. The Word is in you, purifying and cleansing your character. God does not want His children to go about with anxiety and sorrow expressed in their faces. He wants the lovely expression of His countenance to be revealed in every one of us who are partakers of the divine nature; for we have power to escape the corruptions of the world. . . . {OHC 148.4}

We are not, because Christ died, left a company of orphans. . . . It is possible for us to obtain victory after victory, and be the most happy people on the face of the earth. {OHC 148.5}

Oh what precious promises in these words. Amen!!! After reading this part...

No, we are to have His joy, and His greatest joy was to see men obeying the truth.

...it started me thinking about if Christ's greatest joy is to see us obeying His truth how must it make Him feel when we are not obeying it? Joy is more than just the feeling of happiness we get from things of this world.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41409
03/14/02 07:35 PM
03/14/02 07:35 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
The joy of Christ is a pure, unalloyed cheerfulness.

I looked up the word unalloyed:

One entry found for unalloyed.

Main Entry: un·al·loyed
Pronunciation: "&n-&-'loid
Function: adjective
Date: 1667
: not alloyed : UNMIXED, UNQUALIFIED, PURE

Then I looked up alloyed:

One entry found for alloy.

Main Entry: 2al·loy
Pronunciation: &-'loi also 'a-"loi
Date: 1661
transitive senses
1 a : TEMPER, MODERATE b : to impair or debase by admixture
2 : to reduce the purity of by mixing with a less valuable metal
3 : to mix so as to form an alloy
intransitive senses : to lend itself to being alloyed

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41410
03/18/02 05:49 PM
03/18/02 05:49 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Psalms 5:11
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psalms 16:11
Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Psalms 32:11
Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Proverbs 12:20
Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace is joy,.

Isaiah 35:10
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joyupon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41411
03/18/02 06:15 PM
03/18/02 06:15 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Reflecting Christ
We are to Reveal Christ's Love and Joy
Page 134

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Rom. 15:13

In the great and measureless gift of the Holy Spirit are contained all of heaven's resources. It is not because of any restriction on the part of God that the riches of His grace do not flow earthward to men. If all were willing to receive, all would become filled with His Spirit. It is the privilege of every soul to be a living channel through which God can communicate to the world the treasures of His grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ. There is nothing that Christ desires so much as agents who will represent to the world His Spirit and character. There is nothing that the world needs so much as the manifestation through humanity of the Saviour's love. All heaven is waiting for channels through which can be poured the holy oil to be a joy and blessing to human hearts.

Christ has made every provision that His church shall be a transformed body, illumined with the Light of the world, possessing the glory of Emmanuel. It is His purpose that every Christian shall be surrounded with a spiritual atmosphere of light and peace. He desires that we shall reveal His own joy in our lives.

The indwelling of the Spirit will be shown by the outflowing of heavenly love. The divine fullness will flow through the consecrated human agent, to be given forth to others.

The Sun of Righteousness has "healing in his wings" (Mal. 4:2). So from every true disciple is to be diffused an influence for life, courage, helpfulness, and true healing.

The religion of Christ means more than the forgiveness of sin; it means taking away our sins, and filling the vacuum with the graces of the Holy Spirit. It means divine illumination, rejoicing in God. It means a heart emptied of self, and blessed with the abiding presence of Christ. When Christ reigns in the soul, there is purity, freedom from sin. The glory, the fullness, the completeness of the gospel plan is fulfilled in the life. The acceptance of the Saviour brings a glow of perfect peace, perfect love, perfect assurance. The beauty and fragrance of the character of Christ revealed in the life testifies that God has indeed sent His Son into the world to be its Saviour.--Christ's Object Lessons, pp. 419, 420.

There is peace in believing, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Believing brings peace, and trusting in God brings joy.--Testimonies, vol. 2, pp. 319, 320.

I am printing out this quote and taking it with me to work to study. These are very powerful words God has given to us. When we have asked for forgiveness of our sins and our sins have been taken away, are we filling that vacuum that is left with the graces of the Holy Spirit? What does it mean to have the graces of the Holy Spirit? It tells us here in the above paragraph what it means. Amen! Oh what precious promises!

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41412
03/18/02 06:29 PM
03/18/02 06:29 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Charlene Van Hook:
They obtained their knowledge by the faithful use of their powers, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. They placed themselves in connection with the Source of all wisdom, making the knowledge of God the foundation of their education. .... And God Himself was their teacher. Constantly praying, conscientiously studying, keeping in touch with the Unseen, they walked with God as did Enoch."

Amen Charlene...and this is possible for us to do also...And like Daniel we must place ourself in connection with the Sourse of all wisdom.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41413
03/23/02 05:23 AM
03/23/02 05:23 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Chap. 255 - Keep on an Even Keel

For I have given you an example. John 13:15.

We are forming characters for heaven. No character can be complete without trial and suffering. We must be tested, we must be tried. Christ bore the test of character of our behalf that we might bear this test in our own behalf through the divine strength He has brought to us. Christ is our example in patience, in forbearance, in meekness and lowliness of mind. He was at variance and at war with the whole ungodly world, yet He did not give way to passion and violence manifested in words and actions, although receiving shameful abuse in return for good works. He was afflicted, He was rejected and despitefully treated, yet He retaliated not. He possessed self-control, dignity, and majesty. He suffered with calmness and for abuse gave only compassion, pity, and love. . . . {TDG 263.1}

Imitate your Redeemer in these things. Do not get excited when things go wrong. Do not let self arise, and lose your self-control because you fancy things are not as they should be. Because others are wrong is no excuse for you to do wrong. Two wrongs will not make one right. You have victories to gain in order to overcome as Christ overcame. {TDG 263.2}

Christ never murmured, never uttered discontent, displeasure, or resentment. He was never disheartened, discouraged, ruffled, or fretted. He was patient, calm, and self-possessed under the most exciting and trying circumstances. All His works were performed with a quiet dignity and ease, whatever commotion was around Him. Applause did not elate Him. He feared not the threats of His enemies. He moved amid the world of excitement, of violence and crime, as the sun moves above the clouds. Human passions and commotions and trials were beneath Him. He sailed like the sun above them all. Yet He was not indifferent to the woes of men. His heart was ever touched with the sufferings and necessities of His brethren, as though He Himself was the one afflicted. He had a calm inward joy, a peace which was serene. His will was ever swallowed up in the will of His Father. Not My will but Thine be done, was heard from His pale and quivering lips.--Letter 51a, Sept. 11, 1874, to Edson and Emma White. {TDG 263.3}

Perhaps there are keys to Christ’s mind-set.

1.Obtained - Agape - The whole sum of all His motives.
2.Obtained - Trust in God through Scripture that is absolute - Circumstances subordinate to that trust.
3.Obtained - Complete surrender of all personal rights and desires and choices to God and constant communion with God. - Surrender & Communication with God, prayer & engrafting Scripture & public worship & helping and blessing people - doing the works that co-labor with God for others.

John 6:
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Perhaps it would be good to look up the phrases in SOP “is attained when” & “as He has loved it”. Compare with Deuteronomy ch 30, Matthew ch’s 5-7 & 24-25, John ch- 17; Ephesians ch 3, 2nd Peter ch 1, Isaiah ch 58, Book of James, Rev ch’s 1-3 & 12-18.

These references (Bible & SOP ) are well worth reading & creating into a continual prayer till they become the new character.

“is attained when” = 11 hits
{AA 551.1}
{COL 384.2}
{CME 47.2}
{AG 145.4}
{Mar 101.1}
{RC 234.4}
{TMK 193.3}
{WM 81.4}
{RH, April 17, 1888 par. 13}
{RH, April 3, 1900 par. 1}
{RH, August 10, 1911 par. 5}

“as He has loved it” = 2 hits

{DA 641.3}
{AG 54.6}

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41414
03/24/02 12:00 AM
03/24/02 12:00 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA

Just what does it mean to have PEACE as an attribute of Christ's Character?

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41415
03/24/02 01:43 PM
03/24/02 01:43 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Avalee,
I think of Paul, Chained in prison, waiting for the morning and his death, but he is sleeping. He is secure in the knowledge that his life is hidden in Jesus. The Angel must wake him to deliver him from certain death.....now that is peace. He experienced the following:

The Signs of the Times---11-25-97---Farewell Words

"Christ brought this peace with him to the world; he carried it with him throughout his earthly life. And now the time had come when he must give his life in order that that peace might ever abide in the heart by faith. As then he left his peace with his disciples, so now he is implanting and maintaining it in the hearts of all who will welcome its presence. From him
alone can come that peace which the world can neither give nor take away. His peace was the consciousness of having done the will of his Father; and that peace in his follower is the consciousness that he is doing the will of God,
and reflecting his character in good works."

God Bless,

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41416
03/24/02 08:25 PM
03/24/02 08:25 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
PEACE

Charlene thank you. This is the kind of peace we all need. This part of God's Character is one of the first things I noticed He has given me. Before I became a Christian I knew nothing about peace in my mind. There was not such thing. My mind for this reason and that reason was always in a turmoil. Oh there was times things were fine...but I did not know the peace God can give you until after I gave my life to Him. This has been such a blessing to me. I praise God for the peace He has given me.

Psalms 119:165
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Psalms 29:11
The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Psalms 34:14
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Psalms 37:37
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 14:19
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41417
03/24/02 08:47 PM
03/24/02 08:47 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
There is no other ground of peace than this. The grace of Christ, received into the heart, subdues enmity; it allays strife and fills the soul with love. He who is at peace with God and his fellow men cannot be made miserable. Envy will not be in his heart; evil surmisings will find no room there; hatred cannot exist. The heart that is in harmony with God is a partaker of the peace of heaven and will diffuse its blessed influence on all around. The spirit of peace will rest like dew upon hearts weary and troubled with worldly strife. {RC 38.3}

What did that just say? Did this say that if we are at peace with God we can not be made miserable? Praise God! I think we all what this peace don't we?

quote:
Those who take Christ at his word, and surrender their souls to his keeping, their lives to his ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by his presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee." {SW, April 7, 1908 par. 4}

Praise God again! This tells us that we can find peace and quietude when we surrender our lives to God's keeping. Amen

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41418
03/30/02 04:40 AM
03/30/02 04:40 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
That I May Know Him
Page 94
Molded After His Character

But we all, with open face beholding as in glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor. 3:18. {TMK 94.1}

When a man turns away from human imperfections and beholds Jesus, a divine transformation takes place in his character. He fixes his eye upon Christ as on a mirror which reflects the glory of God, and by beholding he becomes changed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. . . . {TMK 94.2}

Turn your eyes from the imperfections of others and fix them steadfastly on Christ. With a contrite heart, study His life and character. You need not only to be more enlightened, but quickened, that you may see the banquet that is before you, and eat and drink the flesh and blood of the Son of God, which is His Word. By tasting the good Word of Life, by feeding on the Bread of Life, you may see the power of a world to come, and be created anew in Christ Jesus. If you receive His gifts you will be renewed unto holiness, and His grace will bring forth in you fruit unto the glory of God. {TMK 94.3}

The Holy Spirit reveals Christ to the mind, and faith takes hold of Him. If you accept Christ as your personal Saviour, you will know by experience the value of the great sacrifice made in your behalf upon the cross of Calvary. The Spirit of Christ working upon the heart conforms it to His image, for Christ is the model upon which the Spirit works. By the ministry of His Word, by His providences, by His inward working, God stamps the likeness of Christ upon the soul. {TMK 94.4}

To possess Christ is your first work, and to reveal Him as One who is able to save to the uttermost all who come to Him is your next work. To serve the Lord with full purpose of heart is to honor and glorify His name by dwelling upon holy things, by having a mind filled with the vital truths revealed in His Holy Word.... {TMK 94.5}

Goodness, meekness, gentleness, patience, and love are the attributes of Christ's character. If you have the spirit of Christ, your character will be molded after His character. {TMK 94.6}

The above quote came in my devotional this morning and felt it would be excellant for this study.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41419
03/29/02 08:34 PM
03/29/02 08:34 PM
T
Tom Wetmore  Offline
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Avalee,

To contemplate the character of Christ is a very worthwhile endeavor, for "by beholding we are changed." The oft quoted sentence from page 69 of Christ's Object Lessons that prompted this topic is best understood by reading the entire chapter 3 which leads up to that sentence. The character of Christ is described as love in action and selfless unity with the purposes of the Father, a God of love.

I think that Ellen White stated the very same idea a bit more clearly on page 641 of Desire of Ages where she said, "Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts."

That is the key to heaven - Christ's love! And it was this character trait that Jesus highlighted in Matthew 25 in his parable of the sheep and the goats. What distingushed those who were fit for heaven in that illustration of the final judgment was their love for one another. Jesus said this same thing many different ways as it was the theme of his life. He said, "people will know you are my disciples because you love one another." And it was this unity of love for one another for which he earnestly prayed in the upper room as recorded in John 17.

Tom

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41420
03/30/02 05:50 AM
03/30/02 05:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Amen Tom.

Well spoken.

And it is interesting to note that inspiration uses the term "unfeigned loveof the brethren."

Quote by Ed in his last post above:

Perhaps there are keys to Christ’s mind-set.

1.Obtained - Agape - The whole sum of all His motives.

When we talk about the character of Christ being perfectly reproduced in his followers; it is impossible that we could "obtain" agape' love.

We become it. We do not obtain it.

5T.482.001
God says to you who have had great light: "Come up higher." Draw nearer to God and heaven. Go forward. You need faith, ,an unfeigned love for your brethren, and a deeper interest in them. God has entrusted you with sacred responsibilities. There is a mission field for every member of the church, where he may exert an influence for good.

Christ will be able to come as soon as the unfeigned love starts.

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: DavidTBattler ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41421
04/07/02 06:28 PM
04/07/02 06:28 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Upward Look
No Peace at Any Price
Page 220

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matt. 10:34

The peace that Christ calls His peace, and which He bequeathed to His disciples, is not a peace which prevents all divisions; but it is a peace which is given and enjoyed in the midst of divisions. The peace that the faithful defender of the cause of Christ has is the consciousness that he is doing the will of God and reflecting His glory in good works. It is an internal rather than an external peace. Without are wars and fightings through the opposition of avowed enemies, and the coldness and suspicion of those even who claim to be friends.

Christ enjoins upon His followers to "love your enemies, . . . do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you" (Matt. 5:44). He would have us love those who oppress us and do us harm. We must not express in words and acts the spirit they manifest, but improve every opportunity to do them good.

But while we are required to be Christlike toward those who are our enemies, we must not, in order to have peace, cover up the faults of those we see in error. Jesus, the world's Redeemer, never purchased peace by covering iniquity, or by anything like compromise. Though His heart was constantly overflowing with love for the whole human race, He was never indulgent to their sins. He was too much their friend to remain silent while they were pursuing a course which would ruin their souls--the souls He had purchased with His own blood. He was a stern reprover of all vice, and His peace was the consciousness of having done the will of His Father, rather than a condition of things that existed as the result of having done His duty.

He labored that man should be true to himself in being all that God would have him, and true to his higher and eternal interest. Living in a world marred and seared with the curse brought upon it by disobedience, he [man] could not be at peace with it unless he left it unwarned, uninstructed, and unrebuked. This would be to purchase peace at the neglect of duty.

Everyone who loves Jesus and the souls for whom He died will follow after the things that make for peace. But His followers are to take special care lest in their efforts to prevent discord, the truth is surrendered, lest in warding off divisions, they make a sacrifice of its principles. True brotherhood can never be maintained by compromising principle. As surely as Christians approach the Christlike model, . . . so surely will they experience the strength and venom of that old serpent the devil.-- Manuscript 23b, July 25, 1896, "How to Secure Peace."

This is an amazing quote about peace.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41422
04/07/02 06:37 PM
04/07/02 06:37 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA

Just what does it mean to have LONGSUFFERNG as an attribute of Christ's Character?

One entry found for long-suffering.

Main Entry: long-suf·fer·ing
Pronunciation: -"s&-f(&-)ri[ng], -'s&-
Function: noun
Date: 1526
: long and patient endurance of offense
- long-suffering adjective

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41423
04/07/02 06:46 PM
04/07/02 06:46 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
LONGSUFFERING

Numbers 14:18
The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

Psalms 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Did you notice how we are to be longsuffering? With joyfulness. How wonderful.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:14
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

2 Peter 3:15
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41424
04/07/02 06:57 PM
04/07/02 06:57 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
InHeavenly Places
"Longsuffering with Joyfulness"
Page 246

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness. Col. 1:11

"Strengthened with all might." This is not might to speak hasty words, which hurt and bruise others and which injure us more than anyone else, making us ashamed when we think afterward of what we have said.

"Longsuffering with joyfulness." Wherever you are, you may be tantalized, and reproach may come upon you. If I were to undertake to hunt up a thousandth part of what has been said against me, I should have no time to do anything else. I have said, "God knows all about this, and I will let Him take care of it." I am not at all troubled by what other people say concerning me. . . . If I lose my self-control, and flash out in anger, I would in so doing give people some reason to say that the representation of my accusers is correct. . . .

Never should we lose control over ourselves. Let us ever keep before us the perfect Pattern. It is a sin to speak impatiently and fretfully or to feel angry--even though we do not speak. We are to walk worthy, giving a right representation of Christ. The speaking of an angry word is like flint striking flint: it at once kindles wrathful feelings. Never be like a chestnut bur. . . .

When others are impatient, fretful, and complaining, because self is not subdued, begin to sing some of the songs of Zion. While Christ was working at the carpenter's bench others would sometimes surround Him, trying to cause Him to be impatient; but He would begin singing some of the beautiful psalms, and before they realized what they were doing they had joined with Him in singing, influenced, as it were, by the power of the Holy Spirit, which was there.

God desires us to be patient in tribulation and affliction, content to rest in His great arms of infinite love, believing that He is working for us all the time. It is our privilege to be joyful in the Lord. Let us praise Him more. By our joyfulness we reveal that our life is hid with Christ in God, that in Him we find the most blessed companionship, and that through His grace we have a living connection with heaven.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41425
04/13/02 03:56 AM
04/13/02 03:56 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA

The next Fruit of the Spirit is gentleness. Do we have gentleness as a part of our character?

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41426
04/12/02 04:02 PM
04/12/02 04:02 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
I could only find four times in the Bible where the word gentleness is used, and I have already used one.

2 Samuel 22:36
Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.

Psalms 18:35
Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

2 Corinthians 10:1
Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41427
04/12/02 04:17 PM
04/12/02 04:17 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
In Heavenly Places
Graces to Cherish
Page 244

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Gal. 5:22, 23

Here is held out the very thing for which we are to labor: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love." If we have the love of Christ in our souls it will be a natural consequence for us to have all the other graces--joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; and "against such there is no law." The law of God does not condemn and hold in bondage those who have these graces, because they are obeying the requirements of the law of God. They are law keepers, and . . . are not under the bondage of the law. . . .

We are to have love, and connected with this are joy, peace, long-suffering, patience. We see the restlessness of the world, their dissatisfied condition. They want something they have not. They want something to keep up an excitement or something for amusement. But for the Christian there is joy, there is peace, there is long-suffering, gentleness, meekness, forbearance, and patience; and to these things we want to open the door of our heart, cherishing the heavenly graces of the Spirit of God. . . . One cannot do it for another. You may set to work and obtain the graces of the Spirit, but that will not answer for me. . . . Each one individually must do the work, and determine through personal efforts to have the grace of God in the heart. I cannot form a character for you nor can you for me. It is a burden that rests upon every one individually, young or old.

Christ says: "I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir" (Isa. 13:12). How? By the cultivation of the graces of the Spirit--love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, meekness, faith. We want the living faith that will grasp the strong arm of Jehovah. . . . We all need the graces of the Spirit of God in the heart. {HP 244.4}

When the love of Christ is enshrined in the heart, like sweet fragrance it cannot be hidden. The holy influence it reflects through the character will be manifest to all. Christ will be formed within, "the hope of glory."

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41428
04/20/02 09:25 PM
04/20/02 09:25 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA

Our next fruit of the spirit is goodness.

Psalms 33:5
He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

Psalms 107:8
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

Psalms 107:9
For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

Ephesians 5:9
For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41429
04/20/02 10:08 PM
04/20/02 10:08 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Conflict and Courage
Page 197
The Voice of Experience

The misapplication of noble talents in Solomon's case should be a warning to all. Goodness alone is true greatness.

quote:
The Desire of Ages
Page 497
The Good Samaritan

In the story of the good Samaritan, Christ illustrates the nature of true religion. He shows that it consists not in systems, creeds, or rites, but in the performance of loving deeds, in bringing the greatest good to others, in genuine goodness.

quote:
The Faith I Live By
Page 239
Walking as Christ Walked

Love, courtesy, self-sacrifice--these are never lost. When God's chosen ones are changed from mortality to immortality, their words and deeds of goodness will be made manifest, and will be preserved through the eternal ages. . . . Through the merits of Christ's imputed righteousness, the fragrance of such words and deeds is forever preserved.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41430
04/26/02 05:30 PM
04/26/02 05:30 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA

Our next fruit of the spirit is FAITH.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Romans 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1 Corinthians 2:5
That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 3:17-21
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 4:4-6
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 6:16
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

The Word of God tells us here that if we want to quench ALL the fiery darts of the wicked we must take on the shield of faith. What does this mean?

Colossians 1:22-23
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

James 1:3
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41431
04/27/02 10:28 PM
04/27/02 10:28 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Mind, Character, And Personality
Faith
Page 531-538

A Definition of Faith Faith, saving faith, is to be taught. The definition of this faith in Jesus Christ may be described in few words: It is the act of the soul by which the whole man is given over to the guardianship and control of Jesus Christ. He abides in Christ and Christ abides in the soul by faith as supreme. The believer commits his soul and body to God and with assurance may say, Christ is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day. All who will do this will be saved unto life eternal. There will be an assurance that the soul is washed in the blood of Christ and clothed with His righteousness and precious in the sight of Jesus. Our thoughts and our hopes are on the second advent of our Lord. That is the day when the Judge of all the earth will reward the trust of His people.

Other Definitions--Through faith we receive the grace of God, but faith is not our Saviour. It earns nothing. It is the hand by which we lay hold upon Christ and appropriate His merits.--DA 175 (1898).

Faith is trusting God--believing that He loves us and knows best what is for our good. Thus, instead of our own, it leads us to choose His way. In place of our ignorance, it accepts His wisdom; in place of our weakness, His strength; in place of our sinfulness, His righteousness. Our lives, ourselves, are already His; faith acknowledges His ownership and accepts its blessing. Truth, uprightness, purity, have been pointed out as secrets of life's success. It is faith that puts us in possession of these principles.--Ed 253 (1903).

Simple in Operation.--Faith is simple in its operation and powerful in its results. Many professed Christians, who have a knowledge of the Sacred Word and believe its truth, fail in the childlike trust that is essential to the religion of Jesus. They do not reach out with that peculiar touch that brings the virtue of healing to the soul.-- Redemption: The Miracles of Christ, 97 (1874). (6BC 1074.)

Humility Is Not Faith.--Humility, meekness, and obedience are not faith; but they are the effects, or fruit, of faith.--5T 438 (1885).

Faith Needed Every Step of the Way.--Faith is needed in the smaller no less than in the greater affairs of life. In all our daily interests and occupations the sustaining strength of God becomes real to us through an abiding trust.--Ed 255 (1903).

[b]Teach Faith.--How to exercise faith should be made very plain. To every promise of God there are conditions. If we are willing to do His will, all His strength is ours. Whatever gift He promises is in the promise itself. "The seed is the word of God" (Luke 8:11). As surely as the oak is in the acorn, so surely is the gift of God in His promise. If we receive the promise, we have the gift.--Ed 253 (1903).

Mind to Be Educated to Exercise Faith.--Faith works by love and purifies the soul from all selfishness. Thus the soul is perfected in love. And having found grace and mercy through Christ's precious blood, how can we fail to be tender and merciful? "By grace are ye saved through faith" (Ephesians 5:8). The mind should be educated to exercise faith rather than to cherish doubt and suspicion and jealousy. We are too prone to look at obstacles as impossibilities.

To have faith in the promises of God, to walk forward by faith, pressing on without being governed by circumstances, is a lesson hard to learn. Yet it is a positive necessity that every child of God learn this lesson. The grace of God through Christ is to be ever cherished; for it is given to us as the only way of approaching God. Faith in the words of God, spoken by Christ enshrouded in the pillar of cloud, would have enabled the children of Israel to leave a record of a very different character. Their lack of faith in God gave them a very checkered history.-- MS 43, 1898.

Presumption Is Satan's Counterfeit.--Faith is in no sense allied to presumption. Only he who has true faith is secure against presumption, for presumption is Satan's counterfeit of faith. Faith claims God's promises and brings forth fruit in obedience. Presumption also claims the promises but uses them as Satan did, to excuse transgression.

Faith would have led our first parents to trust the love of God and to obey His commands. Presumption led them to transgress His law, believing that His great love would save them from the consequence of their sin. It is not faith that claims the favor of Heaven without complying with the conditions on which mercy is to be granted. Genuine faith has its foundation in the promises and provisions of the Scriptures.--DA 126 (1898).

Cultivate Faith.--Those who talk faith and cultivate faith will have faith; but those who cherish and express doubts will have doubts.--5T 302 (1885).

Do not think that because you have made mistakes you must always be under condemnation, for this is not necessary. Do not permit the truth to be depreciated before your mind because those who profess it do not live consistent lives. Cherish faith in the truth of the third angel's message. If you do not cultivate faith, its importance will gradually lose its place in your mind and heart. You will have an experience like that of the foolish virgins, who did not supply oil for their lamps, and their light went out. Faith should be cultivated. If it has become weak, it is like a sickly plant that should be placed in the sunshine and carefully watered and tended.--Lt 97, 1895. {2MCP 534.5}

Faith Rises Above the Shadows.--When clouds come between your soul and God, when all around you is dark and forbidding, when the enemy stands ready to rob the soul of its integrity to God and the truth, and when error stands out plausible and attractive, then it is time to pray and exercise faith in God. . . . Cherishing faith, the soul is enabled to rise beyond itself and penetrate the hellish shadow which the enemy casts athwart the pathway of every soul that is striving for an immortal crown.--Lt 30, 1896. (HC 126.)

Faith Rests Upon Evidence.--The word of the Lord, spoken through His servants, is received by many with questionings and fears. And many will defer their obedience to the warning and reproofs given, waiting till every shadow of uncertainty is removed from their minds. The unbelief that demands perfect knowledge will never yield to the evidence that God is pleased to give. He requires of His people faith that rests upon the weight of evidence, not upon perfect knowledge. Those followers of Christ who accept the light that God sends them must obey the voice of God speaking to them when there are many other voices crying out against it. It requires discernment to distinguish the voice of God.--3T 258 (1873).

We should know for ourselves what constitutes Christianity, what is truth, what is the faith that we have received, what are the Bible rules--the rules given us from the highest authority. There are many who believe, without a reason on which to base their faith, without sufficient evidence as to the truth of the matter. If an idea is presented that harmonizes with their own preconceived opinions, they are all ready to accept it. They do not reason from cause to effect. Their faith has no genuine foundation, and in the time of trial they will find that they have built upon the sand.--Lt 4, 1889.

Faith Should Be Expressed.--If we would give more expression to our faith, rejoice more in the blessings that we know we have--the great mercy, forbearance, and love of God--we would daily have greater strength. Have not the precious words spoken by Christ, the Prince of God, an assurance and power that should have great influence upon us, that our heavenly Father is more willing to give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him than parents are to give good gifts to their children?--Lt 7, 1892. (2SM 243.)

Faith Not to Be Confused With Feeling.--Many have confused ideas as to what constitutes faith, and they live altogether below their privileges. They confuse feeling and faith, and are continually distressed and perplexed in mind; for Satan takes all possible advantage of their ignorance and inexperience. . . . {2MCP 536.2}

We are to accept of Christ as our personal Saviour, or we shall fail in our attempt to be overcomers. It will not answer for us to hold ourselves aloof from Him, to believe that our friend or our neighbor may have Him for a personal Saviour but that we may not experience His pardoning love. We are to believe that we are chosen of God, to be saved by the exercise of faith, through the grace of Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit; and we are to praise and glorify God for such a marvelous manifestation of His unmerited favor.

It is the love of God that draws the soul of Christ, to be graciously received and presented to the Father. Through the work of the Spirit the divine relationship between God and the sinner is renewed. The Father says: "I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people. I will exercise forgiving love toward them and bestow upon them My joy. They shall be to Me a peculiar treasure; for this people whom I have formed for Myself shall show forth My praise."--ST, Jan 2, 1893. (HC 77.)

Faith and Feeling Are Distinct.--Feeling and faith are as distinct from each other as the east is from the west. Faith is not dependent on feeling. Daily we should dedicate ourselves to God and believe that Christ understands and accepts the sacrifice, without examining ourselves to see if we have that degree of feeling that we think should correspond with our faith. Have we not the assurance that our heavenly Father is more willing to give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him in faith than parents are to give good gifts to their children? We should go forward as if to every prayer that we send to the throne of God we heard the response from the One whose promises never fail. Even when depressed by sadness, it is our privilege to make melody in our hearts to God. When we do this, the mists and clouds will be rolled back, and we will pass from the shadow and darkness into the clear sunshine of His presence.--MS 75, 1893. (HC 120.) {2MCP 537.1}

Not a Matter of Impulse.--Many pass long years in darkness and doubt because they do not feel as they desire. But feeling has nothing to do with faith. That faith which works by love and purifies the soul is not a matter of impulse. It ventures out upon the promises of God, firmly believing that what He has said, He is able also to perform. Our souls may be trained to believe, taught to rely upon the Word of God. That Word declares that "the just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:17), not by feeling.-- YI, July 8, 1897. (HC 119.)

Do Not Rely on Feelings.--Let us put away everything like distrust and want of faith in Jesus. Let us commence a life of simple, childlike trust, not relying upon feeling but upon faith. Do not dishonor Jesus by doubting His precious promises. He wants us to believe in Him with unwavering faith.--Lt 49, 1888. (HC 119.)

Faith and Evidence of Christianity.--When you receive help and comfort, sing to the praise of God. Talk with God. Thus you will become a friend of God. You will rely on Him. You will obtain a faith that will trust whether you feel like trusting or not. Remember that feeling is not an evidence that you are a Christian. Implicit faith in God shows that you are His child. Trust in God. He will never disappoint you. He says, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also" (John 14:18, 19). We do not see Christ in person. It is by faith that we behold Him. Our faith grasps His promises. Thus it was that Enoch walked with God.--MS 27, 1901.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41432
05/03/02 05:14 PM
05/03/02 05:14 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,meekness, temperance." Gal. 5:22, 23. This fruit can never perish, but will produce after its kind a harvest unto eternal life. {COL 68.1}

Our next fruit of the spirit is MEEKNESS.

Zephaniah 2:3
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

1 Corinthians 4:21
What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

Galatians 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Ephesians 4:2
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Colossians 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing all meekness unto all men.

James 1:21
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 3:13
Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41433
05/03/02 05:40 PM
05/03/02 05:40 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Christ's Object Lessons
Page 61, paragraph 1
The Sower Went Forth to Sow

Through conflict the spiritual life is strengthened. Trials well borne will develop steadfastness of character and precious spiritual graces. The perfect fruit of faith, meekness, and love often matures best amid storm clouds and darkness.

quote:
Christian Leadership
Page 11, paragraph 3
Humility

From anyone who persists in stubbornness and self-will, God will remove His Spirit, and another will wear the crown that was for him. God accepts only those who will learn of Christ, those who study His word, learning lessons of meekness and lowliness of heart, lessons of obedience, willingness to do his work in God's way, not their finite way. . . .

quote:
Christian Service
Page 104, paragraph 7

Christ is sitting for His portrait in every disciple. Every one God has predestinated to be "conformed to the image of His Son." In every one Christ's long-suffering love, His holiness, meekness, mercy, and truth, are to be manifested to the world.-- The Desire of Ages, p. 827.

quote:
Conflict and Courage
Page 280, paragraph 6
Come and See

Now that Jesus has ascended to heaven, His disciples are His representatives among men, and one of the most effective ways of winning souls to Him is in exemplifying His character in our daily life. . . . A consistent life, characterized by the meekness of Christ, is a power in the world.

quote:
Evangelism
Page 632, paragraph 4
The Worker and His Qualifications

Harsh Spirit Denies Christ.--Men may speak fluently upon doctrines, and may express strong faith in theories, but do they possess Christianlike meekness and love? If they reveal a harsh, critical spirit, they are denying Christ. If they are not kind, tenderhearted, long-suffering, they are not like Jesus; they are deceiving their own souls. A spirit contrary to the love, humility, meekness, and gentleness of
Christ, denies Him, whatever may be the profession. -- Review and Herald, Feb. 9, 1892.

quote:
In Heavenly Places
Page 159, paragraph 6
Building with God

The precious graces of the Holy Spirit are not developed in a moment. Courage, fortitude, meekness, faith, unwavering trust in God's power to save, are acquired by the experience of years. By a life of holy endeavor and firm adherence to the right the children of God are to seal their destiny.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41434
05/12/02 01:08 AM
05/12/02 01:08 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA

Our next fruit of the spirit is TEMPERANCE.

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Peter 1:6
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2 Peter 1:7
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41435
05/12/02 01:32 AM
05/12/02 01:32 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Temperance in All Things
Child Guidance
Page 394 - 400

Intemperance Causes Most of Life's Ills.--Intemperance is at the foundation of the larger share of the ills of life. It annually destroys tens of thousands. We do not speak of intemperance as limited only to the use of intoxicating liquors, but give it a broader meaning, including the hurtful indulgence of any appetite or passion.

Through intemperance some sacrifice one half, and others two thirds of their physical, mental, and moral powers and become playthings for the enemy.

Excessive Indulgence Is Sin.--Excessive indulgence in eating, drinking, sleeping, or seeing is sin. The harmonious healthy action of all the powers of body and mind results in happiness; and the more elevated and refined the powers, the more pure and unalloyed the happiness. {CG 394.3}

Temperance Is a Principle of the Religious Life.
Temperance in all things of this life is to be taught and practiced. Temperance in eating, drinking, sleeping, and dressing is one of the grand principles of the religious life. Truth brought into the sanctuary of the soul will guide in the treatment of the body. Nothing that concerns the health of the human agent is to be regarded with indifference. Our eternal welfare depends upon the use we make during this life of our time, strength, and influence.

Only one lease of life is granted us here; and the inquiry with everyone should be, How can I invest my life that it may yield the greatest profit?

Our first duty toward God and our fellow beings is that of self-development. Every faculty with which the Creator has endowed us should be cultivated to the highest degree of perfection, that we may be able to do the greatest amount of good of which we are capable. Hence that time is spent to good account which is directed to the establishment and preservation of sound physical and mental health. We cannot afford to dwarf or cripple a single function of mind or body by overwork or by abuse of any part of the living machinery. As surely as we do this, we must suffer the consequences.

It Has a Wonderful Power.--The observance of temperance and regularity in all things has a wonderful power. It will do more than circumstances or natural endowments in promoting that sweetness and serenity of disposition which count so much in smoothing life's pathway. At the same time the power of self-control thus acquired will be found one of the most valuable of equipments for grappling successfully with the stern duties and realities that await every human being.

An Aid to Clear Thinking.--Every day men in positions of trust have decisions to make upon which depend results of great importance. Often they have to think rapidly, and this can be done successfully by those only who practice strict temperance. The mind strengthens under the correct treatment of the physical and mental powers. If the strain is not too great, new vigor comes with every taxation.

Temperate Habits Yield Rich Rewards.--The rising generation are surrounded with allurements calculated to tempt the appetite. Especially in our large cities, every form of indulgence is made easy and inviting. Those who, like Daniel, refuse to defile themselves will reap the reward of their temperate habits. With their greater physical stamina and increased power of endurance, they have a bank of deposit upon which to draw in case of emergency.

Right physical habits promote mental superiority. Intellectual power, physical strength, and longevity depend upon immutable laws. There is no happen-so, no chance, about this matter. Nature's God will not interfere to preserve men from the consequences of violating nature's laws.

For Perfect Health Be Temperate in All Things.-- In order to preserve health, temperance in all things is necessary. . . . Our heavenly Father sent the light of health reform to guard against the evils resulting from a debased appetite, that those who love purity and holiness may know how to use with discretion the good things He has provided for them, and that by exercising temperance in daily life, they may be sanctified through the truth.

Temperance Precedes Sanctification.--God's people are to learn the meaning of temperance in all things. . . . All self-indulgence is to be cut away from their lives. Before they can really understand the meaning of true sanctification and of conformity to the will of Christ, they must, by co-operating with God, obtain the mastery over wrong habits and practices.

In Study.--Intemperance in study is a species of intoxication; and those who indulge in it, like the drunkard, wander from safe paths and stumble and fall in the darkness. The Lord would have every student bear in mind that the eye must be kept single to the glory of God. He is not to exhaust and waste his physical and mental powers in seeking to acquire all possible knowledge of the sciences, but is to preserve the freshness and vigor of all his powers to engage in the work which the Lord has appointed him in helping souls to find the path of righteousness.

In Work.--We should practice temperance in our labor. It is not our duty to place ourselves where we shall be overworked. Some may at times be placed where this is necessary, but it should be the exception, not the rule. We are to practice temperance in all things. If we honor the Lord by acting our part, He will on His part preserve our health. We should have a sensible control of all our organs. By practicing temperance in eating, in drinking, in dressing, in labor, and in all things, we can do for ourselves what no physician can do for us.

As a rule, the labor of the day should not be prolonged into the evening. . . . I have been shown that those who do this often lose much more than they gain, for their energies are exhausted, and they labor on nervous excitement. They may not realize any immediate injury, but they are surely undermining their constitution.

Those who make great exertions to accomplish just so much work in a given time, and continue to labor when their judgment tells them they should rest, are never gainers. They are living on borrowed capital. They are expending the vital force which they will need at a future time. And when the energy they have so recklessly used is demanded, they fail for want of it. The physical strength is gone, the mental powers fail. They realize that they have met with a loss, but do not know what it is. Their time of need has come, but their physical resources are exhausted. Everyone who violates the laws of health must sometime be a sufferer to a greater or less degree. God has provided us with constitutional force, which will be needed at different periods of our lives. If we recklessly exhaust this force by continual overtaxation, we shall sometime be the losers.

In Dressing.--In all respects the dress should be healthful. "Above all things," God desires us to "be in health"--health of body and of soul. And we are to be workers together with Him for the health of both soul and body. Both are promoted by healthful dress.

It should have the grace, the beauty, the appropriateness of natural simplicity. Christ has warned us against the pride of life, but not against its grace and natural beauty.

In Eating.--True temperance teaches us to dispense entirely with everything hurtful, and to use judiciously that which is healthful. There are few who realize as they should how much their habits of diet have to do with their health, their character, their usefulness in this world, and their eternal destiny. The appetite should ever be in subjection to the moral and intellectual powers. The body should be servant to the mind, and not the mind to the body.

Those who eat and work intemperately and irrationally, talk and act irrationally. It is not necessary to drink alcoholic liquors in order to be intemperate. The sin of intemperate eating--eating too frequently, too much, and of rich, unwholesome food--destroys the healthy action of the digestive organs, affects the brain, and perverts the judgment, preventing rational, calm, healthy thinking and acting.
Special Care Not to Overeat.--In nine cases out of ten there is more danger of eating too much than too little. . . . There are many sick who suffer from no disease. The cause of their sickness is indulgence of appetite. They think that if the food is healthful, they may eat as much as they please. This is a great mistake. Persons whose powers are debilitated should eat a moderate and even limited amount of food. The system will then be enabled to do its work easily and well, and a great deal of suffering will be saved.

Do Not Deny God by One Act of Intemperance.--We have been bought with a price; therefore we are to glorify God in our body and in our spirit, which are His. We are not to deny Him by one act of intemperance, because the only-begotten Son of God has purchased us at an infinite cost, even the sacrifice of His life. He did not die for us in order that we might become slaves to evil habits, but that we might become the sons and daughters of God, serving Him with every power of the being.

Those who have a constant realization that they stand in this relation to God will not place in the stomach food which pleases the appetite, but which injures the digestive organs. They will not spoil the property of God by indulging improper habits of eating, drinking, or dressing. They will take great care of the human machinery, realizing that they must do this in order to work in copartnership with God. He wills that they shall be healthy, happy, and useful. But in order for them to be this, they must place their wills on the side of His will.

Carry Temperance Into All Details of Home Life.-- We urge that the principles of temperance be carried into all the details of home life; that the example of parents should be a lesson of temperance; that self-denial and self-control should be taught to the children and enforced upon them, so far as consistent, from babyhood.

In the family circle and in the church we should place Christian temperance on an elevated platform. It should be a living, working element, reforming habits, dispositions, and characters.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41436
03/01/05 09:40 PM
03/01/05 09:40 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I just reviewed this whole topic and am planning on presenting a message based on much of what's been posted here.

I am doing it in the sense of a character reference, or better still a character witness.

What kind of a character reference would Christ be able to give us?

What kind of a character witness would we be?

What kind of a character reference or witness are we presenting as we interact with one another in the various topics and forums of MSDAOL?

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41437
03/05/05 01:42 AM
03/05/05 01:42 AM
J
Jeff  Offline
Supporting Member 2007
Mississippi, USA
Daryl, I was thinking about how it seems that one class of Christian seems to lack an outward regard for love, but instead, focuses on discipline (or at least what that is perceived to be). Another class seems to lack an outward regard for discipline, but instead, focuses on love (or at least what that is perceived to be).

Jesus gave us a character witness that regards BOTH, without leaving either undone.

Jeff

Reply Quote
Re: Christ's Character #41438
03/05/05 10:49 AM
03/05/05 10:49 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Jeff this reminds me of a sermon I am studying that is available online called: The Other Side of Perfection. You can listen to it at the following link:

The Other Side of Perfection

It is the first sermon in the series Pastor Bohr did on Practical Godliness.

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!