HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,255 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Acts of Terrorism in America #42005
09/11/01 01:59 PM
09/11/01 01:59 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
I turned on the TV this AM to watch and the picture that came on was of the burning World Trade Center. Two planes had crashed into the towers. Less than an hour later, the reports say that all airports across the country are being shut down and possibly all planes diverted to the nearest airport. The Pentagon has also been hit, though it is unsure that a plane hit it.

I think of what Ellen White wrote years ago about New York. Manhattan has been closed, locked down; you cannot get in or out. The White House has been evactuated.

WTC was a hub of communications and right now I cannot get any of the majoy news I'll post more later. It seems that America is under seige. A national emergency? The portent is ominous.

------------------
Jesus is the joy of living

Linda

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42006
09/11/01 02:03 PM
09/11/01 02:03 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
It now appears that one of the towers of the WTC has now collapsed. Dear people, how many people have died today? How much time do we have left to warn the people of what is quickly coming on the earth?

------------------

Linda

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42007
09/11/01 04:19 PM
09/11/01 04:19 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Both towers of the WTC are now collapsed. There was also a lot of collateral damage to the surrounding buildings. The Pentagon was attacked when a plane flew into it. All the planes used in these attacks were hijacked planes with passengers on them. It's so horrible to think about. So far a total of 4 planes are know to have been hijacked, 2 from American Airlines and 2 from United Airlines. Two of those planes have crashed, on southeast of Pittsburg, PA.

It is obviously a terrorist attack. How quickly is Jesus coming? Isn't it time we stopped to evaluate our lives and ask what is really important to us? How many of those who died today were ready to go to judgment? Were they unready because of what we have failed to do to spread the 3 angels' message?

------------------

Linda

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42008
09/11/01 04:49 PM
09/11/01 04:49 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
quote:
God has not executed His wrath without mercy. His hand is stretched out still. His message must be given in Greater New York. The people must be shown how it is possible for God, by a touch of His hand, to destroy the property they have gathered together against the last great day.--3MR 310, 311 (1902). {LDE 112.3}

I have no light in particular in regard to what is coming on New York, only that I know that one day the great buildings there will be thrown down by the turning and overturning of God's power. . . . Death will come in all places. This is why I am so anxious for our cities to be warned.--RH July 5, 1906. {LDE 112.4}

On one occasion, when in New York City, I was in the night season called upon to behold buildings rising story after story toward heaven. These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify their owners and builders. . . . {LDE 113.1}

The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire. Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fireproof buildings and said: "They are perfectly safe." But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch. The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction. The firemen were unable to operate the engines.--9T 12, 13 (1909). {LDE 113.2}

I have seen the most costly structures in buildings erected and supposed to be fireproof, and just as Sodom perished in the flames of God's vengeance so will these proud structures become ashes. . . . The flattering monuments of men's greatness will be crumbled in the dust even before the last great destruction comes upon the world.--3SM 418 (1901). {LDE 111.6}

God is withdrawing His Spirit from the wicked cities, which have become as the cities of the antediluvian world and as Sodom and Gomorrah. . . . Costly mansions, marvels of architectural skill, will be destroyed without a moment's notice when the Lord sees that the owners have passed the boundaries of forgiveness. The destruction by fire of the stately buildings, supposed to be fireproof, is an illustration of how in a short time earth's architecture will lie in ruins.--TDG 152 (1902). {LDE 112.1}

Men will continue to erect expensive buildings, costing millions of money. Special attention will be called to their architectural beauty and the firmness and solidity with which they are constructed, but the Lord has instructed me that despite the unusual firmness and expensive display, these buildings will share the fate of the temple in Jerusalem.--5BC 1098 (1906). {LDE 112.2}

It's not God who desired that the hundreds, and possibly thousands, of people should die, but it should open our eyes that Jesus is coming soon.

------------------

Linda

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42009
09/11/01 04:54 PM
09/11/01 04:54 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
While our country is in a state of emergency, I would like to point out something I have brought up before. Is it possible that the president could enact Executive Order #12656. Here are some high lights of that EO of November 18, 1988 signed by Ronald Reagan.

It is quite long. Again this is not a law passed by Congress, but a "law" written by the President. Everything in capital letters is my supplied emphasis. I copied the entire order to my word processor and it is 26 pages long. This order has not been superceeded or revoked. Bill Clinton has used the power of executive order to take actions such as bombing Afganistan thereby bypassing congress.

Notice under Section 101 what can constitute a national emergency.

quote:
NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, and pursuant to Reorganization Plan No. 1 of 1958 (72 Stat. 1799), the National Security Act of 1947, as amended, the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended, and the Federal Civil Defense Act, as amended, it is hereby ordered that the responsibilities of the Federal departments and agencies in national security emergencies shall be as follows:

PART 1-Preamble

Section 101. National Security Emergency Preparedness Policy.

(a) The policy of the United States is to have sufficient capabilities at all levels of government to meet essential defense and civilian needs during any national security emergency. A national security emergency is any occurrence, including natural diaster, military attack, technological emergency, or other emergency, that seriously degrades or seriously threatens the national security of the United States. Policy for national security emergency preparedness shall be established by the President. Pursuant to the President's direction, the National Security Council shall be responsible for developing and administering such policy. All national security emergency preparedness activities shall be consistent with the Constitution and laws of the United States and with preservation of the constitutional government of the United States.

--------------

Sec. 202. Continuity of Government. The head of each Federal department and agency shall ensure the continuity of essential functions in any national security emergency by providing for: succession to office and emergency delegation of authority in accordance with applicable law; safekeeping of essential resources, facilities, and records; and establishment of emergency operating capabilities.

Sec. 204. Protection qf Essential Resources and Facilities. The head of each Federal department and agency, within assigned areas of responsibility, shall:

(1) Identify facilities and resources, both government and private, essential to the national defense and national welfare, and assess their vulnerabilities and develop strategies, plans, and programs to provide for the security of such facilities and resources, and to avoid or minimize disruptions of essential services during any national security emergency;

--------------

Sec. 1201. Lead Responsibilities. In addition to the applicable responsibilities covered in Parts 1 and 2, the Secretary of Labor shall:

(1) Develop plans and issue guidance to ensure effective use of civilian workforce resources during national security emergencies. Such plans shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:

(a) Priorities and allocations, recruitment, referral, training, employment stabilization including appeals procedures, use assessment, and determination of critical skill categories; and

(b) Programs for increasing the availability of critical workforce skills and occupations;

--------------

Sec. 1401. Lead Responsibilities. In addition to the applicable responsibilities covered in Parts 1 and 2, the Secretary of Transportation shall:

(1) Develop plans to promulgate and manage overall national policies, programs, procedures, and systems to meet essential civil and military transportation needs in national security emergencies;

(2) Be prepared to provide direction to all modes of civil transportation in national security emergencies, including air, surface, water, pipelines, and public storage and warehousing, to the extent such responsibility is vested in the Secretary of Transportation. This direction may include:

(a) Implementation of priorities for all transportation resource requirements for service, equipment, facilities, and systems;

(b) Allocation of transportation resource capacity; and

(c) Emergency management and CONTROL of civil transportation resources and systems, including privately owned automobiles, urban mass transit, intermodal transportation systems, the National Railroad Passenger Corporation and the SL Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation

Through one stroke of a pen, we can lose our freedoms when, or if, one man, the president of the United States, declares a national emergency. I have not written this here to frighten or scare anyone, though it is scarry. It is to show us that the machinery is already in place to set up the image of the beast and persecute God's people. It is God who is holding back the winds of strife until His people are sealed.

[This message has been edited by Linda Sutton (edited September 11, 2001).]

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42010
09/11/01 05:34 PM
09/11/01 05:34 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Makes you wonder just who is really behind these dispicable acts, doesn't it?

Wouldn't be the first time someone has done something to get what they want.
And until Jesus comes back, it won't be the last, either.
My $0.02

------------------
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart. Ps.26:2
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in men.Ps.118:8

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42011
09/11/01 06:43 PM
09/11/01 06:43 PM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
I watched in horror and disbelief what is happening in the United States. Now all your airplanes are on their way to Canada. (Remember Iran--Canada again helping the US in an emergency).

Thank you for those quotations, Linda. I'll take them for tonite's prayer meeting.

About those responsible: I believe that September 11 was the date of that crisis in the Munich Olympics. The Palestinian Black September movement was born there. I don't know why the networks aren't picking up on this connection.

Another person noted that some agreement at Camp David that the Arabs though favoured Israel was signed on Sept. 11--that's why Camp David may have been a target.

We'll be watching and praying.

------------------
The great ships are safe in the harbour, but that's not what they were built for.

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42012
09/11/01 08:38 PM
09/11/01 08:38 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Even the shopping networks stopped their selling today, so I am watching the CBC feed that is being shown on HSN (Home Shopping Network) Other stations are carrying the BBC, so I have been getting an international viewpoint.

The American news services said that the Canadian airports had also shut down. America will be reeling from this for a long time.

At the present time emergency personnel are unable to get into the collapsed towers due to out-of-control fires and the danger of collapsing buildings. The nation is on a state of high alert. Some of the things that have been said and done make me think that the EO mentioned may have been implemented, or at least partially implemented. Our borders are esentially locked downed.

------------------

Linda

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42013
09/12/01 12:37 AM
09/12/01 12:37 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Air space was restricted to keep more planes from destroying any more.
The President spoke but never mentioned the EO, doesn't mean that it can't be, but as yet, it hasn't.
Get ready, the stage is being set.

------------------
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart. Ps.26:2
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in men.Ps.118:8

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42014
09/12/01 01:20 AM
09/12/01 01:20 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Adventists Respond to Terrorist Crisis
September 11, 2001 Silver Spring, Maryland, USA .... [ANN Staff]

As emergency and rescue teams search for survivors of today’s terrorist attacks, Seventh-day Adventists in the United States and around the world are responding to the unfolding tragedy.

“Even in the face of this disaster, we cannot just throw our arms up in despair,” said Pastor Jan Paulsen, president of the Adventist world church, at a special meeting today with staff at the church’s world headquarters.

Speaking with ANN this afternoon, Larry Colburn, assistant to the world church president, said Adventists can respond to today’s events in a number of ways:

1. Appeal for prayer

“We are a praying people,” says Colburn. “Already, Adventists around the world, from Kenya to Australia, Ivory Coast to Poland, are reporting their solidarity in prayer for those affected by this tragedy.”

Local Adventist congregations are invited, wherever possible, to open their churches as places of prayer for their communities, reaching out to all those in need of pastoral care and to those who want to participate in a prayer vigil. “This is a time for coming together, for joining with all people of faith in prayer ministry,” says Colburn.

“Let’s pray both for the world’s leaders, who are in need of Divine guidance,” says Colburn, “and for the many thousands impacted by this tragedy, that they will feel the compassionate touch of our Lord, Jesus Christ.”

2. Financial Contributions

The Adventist Development and Relief Agency International is receiving donations on behalf of a concerted Adventist response to this disaster. Those who want to donate can call, in the United States: 1-800-424-ADRA (2372). Outside the United States, call: (301) 680-6049 within business hours (U.S. eastern daylight saving time).

3. Blood Donations

In the United States, Adventist Church members can respond to the national call for blood donors. News agencies are reporting the urgent need for blood supplies, and United States residents can participate by contacting their local blood collection facility.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!