HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,299 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42015
09/12/01 01:32 AM
09/12/01 01:32 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
3ABN was broadcasting live about this tragic event.

Pastor Mark Finley was being interviewed live over the phone. He read parts of the SOP quote that Sister Linda posted about the tall buildings in New York.

The Canadian airports did not close down, however, flights were cancelled to receive the redirected planes. Moncton, NB was one of those cities as was also Halifax, NS. Also the closed down air force base in Gander, Nfld had been reactivated to receive both commercially redirected planes as well as US fighters jets.

The border between Maine, USA and New Brunswick, Canada are still open, however, questions are being asked and every vehicle is being extensively searched.

This is definitely a sign of the times.

This should also be a wake-up call for us all.

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited September 11, 2001).]

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42016
09/12/01 01:25 PM
09/12/01 01:25 PM
A
Angie S  Offline
Charter Member
Benton Harbor, MI USA
There are three buildings that have collapsed. All of them are WTC buildings. The pentagon is still on fire as of right now, 9:17 am ET. This is such a horrible tragedy. I was sitting in my living room watching the TODAY show on NBC and they cut to a live shot of the tower on fire. As I watched, a plane hit the second tower. I was SO shocked when I heard that it was terrorists that had done this. Then, as I watched, there were reports of the pentagon being hit by a plane. Then, there were (wrong) reports of a car bomb near the pentagon. This was wrong, but it could very well have happened! The terrorists finally succeeded in doing what they couldn't do 8 years ago, the WTC "twin towers" are gone. I sat there, with just my kids and wondered if/when my husband would hear about it. He went to chapel at 10:30 and found out while he was in there. I cried as did many other Americans and people all over the world. My son climbed on my lap and asked if I was okay, and I just cried some more. This is a terrible thing that has happened. All over the networks, the anchors are saying that it was such a sophisitcated attack, but all they used to hijack the planes were box cutters. Basically, these buildings were destroyed and many lives were lost because of razor blades. These people who are hurt and the familes of the dead need our prayers. I pray that we all will take the time, like the ones poseted before me have said, to look at our lives and try to decide if we are ready for the last days. I do believe they are upon us. Please, Jesus, come back soon! God bless you all!

Angie

------------------
Blessed is he... whose hope is in the
Lord his God. Psalms 146:5

Angie

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42017
09/13/01 03:53 AM
09/13/01 03:53 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Andrew, you were correct about the date of the Olympic massacre.
quote:
On Sept. 11, 1972, the troubled Munich Summer Olympics, also remembered as "the Olympics of Terror," ended. For 21 hours under live television cameras, hooded gunmen of the Palestinian faction "Black September" held Israeli athletes hostage, killing 11 of them during a botched getaway and airport firefight with German antiterrorism squads.

There was also another Sept. 11 date that involved the Palestinians.
quote:
On Sept. 11, 1922, a British mandate was proclaimed in Palestine, despite Arab protests. It lasted until 1948, after the United Nations authorized a partition of the territory and the state of Israel was established.

The more I think about this, the more horrible it becomes. I can't imagine anyone so devoid of humanity that they would hijack planes full of people and use them as guided missles to destroy and murder others. From cell phone calls made from those planes, apparently many of the passengers, a total of 266 on the four planes, knew that they were going to die.

This morning they have pulled a few people alive out of the wreckage of the collapsed buildings in New York, but officials doubt that anyone living will be pulled out of the Pentagon. They expect about 200 dead there, according to Pentagon officials. In New York, they expect thousands are dead.

Jesus wants to come back. He wants the senseless killing to stop. But He can't return until His character has been perfectly reproduced in His people. He can't come back until every living person on earth has been told the good news of His soon return.

Even as anger rages, and calls for retaliation go out, and the president calls this an act of war (which it was), I have to tell myself that Jesus died even for those evil men who are so bent on destroying life. Even they must hear the good news. They may not accept it, but they are supposed to hear it. Do I think the perpetrators of these crimes and those who help them should escape punishment? No. Justice must be served.

Lord, we want to go home. Give us the courage to put aside those things in our lives that are unimportant and submit totally to you. Prepare us for doing the work you have given us to do.

------------------
Jesus is the joy of living

Linda

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42018
09/12/01 08:02 PM
09/12/01 08:02 PM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
I asked CNN recently why they weren't connecting those dates to who was responsible. Let's see if they reply.

------------------
The great ships are safe in the harbour, but that's not what they were built for.

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42019
09/13/01 01:19 PM
09/13/01 01:19 PM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
I know this thread is about acts of terrorism in America, but Canadians are suffering too. The Toronto Star says that around 500 Canadians may have died. Here's the story:

OTTAWA - As many as 500 Canadians may have been killed in Tuesday's terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, foreign affairs officials said yesterday.

Officials late yesterday offered their first estimate of Canadian victims, saying the range could be anywhere from 60-500.

``It is an estimate, but we don't believe it will go beyond 500,'' said spokesperson Oussamah Tamim.

Foreign Affairs Minister John Manley said his department knows for certain of 50 missing Canadians who can be identified.

``There are numbers of other Canadians who we cannot get in touch with,'' Tamim said.

The estimate also has to be broad because Canadians living in or visiting the U.S. are not required to register at consulates.

The figure is based on the thousands of calls received at a toll-free number from Canadians seeking information on relatives and friends working at or visiting New York's World Trade Center or working at the Pentagon, as well as information provided by the airlines involved in four hijackings Tuesday.

Two Canadians died on the American Airlines Boeing 757 that crashed into the Pentagon Tuesday morning.

One confirmed fatality is that of Garnet (Ace) Bailey, a former National Hockey League player who was a scout for the Los Angeles Kings. The name of the second Canadian aboard the flight has not been released.

Those seeking information on Canadians in New York or Washington can call 1-800-387-3124 or in the Ottawa area the local number 943-1055, or e-mail sos@dfait-maeci.gc.ca.

------------------
The great ships are safe in the harbour, but that's not what they were built for.

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42020
09/13/01 01:22 PM
09/13/01 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering if anyone knows how the airports are doing ? Poor little Halifax and Gander !! Everyone in those cities must deserve a medal and I'm sure not hearing enough about them on the news !

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42021
09/13/01 08:46 PM
09/13/01 08:46 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
Leaders to Address Church Via Special Satellite Uplink
September 13, 2001 Silver Spring, Maryland, USA .... [Bettina Krause/ANN]

Spiritual reflection and response to this week's terrorist tragedy will be the focus of a special half-hour program to be broadcast this weekend on the Seventh-day Adventist Church's worldwide satellite network.

Pastor Jan Paulsen, president of the world church, Pastor Don Schneider, president of the church in North America, and Adventist evangelist Mark Finley, will each speak during the program, entitled "A Seventh-day Adventist Response to the U.S.Tragedy."

"In times like these, people feel a need to come together--to reflect, to console each other, and to call on God for guidance and comfort," says Larry Colburn, assistant to the Adventist Church president. "Through this satellite program, we want to help draw together as many as possible of our 12 million-member international family and all others who want to participate, for prayer and mutual support."

The program will be broadcast by Adventist Global Communication Network (AGCN) and its regional networks around the world, going first to the Pacific Rim, followed by Africa, Europe, and Inter and South America. Each of these regions will receive the signal Friday evening, local time.

In North America the program will be broadcast at 9:30 p.m. Eastern time Friday, September 14, by Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN). Adventist Communication Network (ACN) will broadcast the program to downlink sites at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time Sabbath (Saturday), September 15.

There are about 12,000 Adventist satellite downlink sites internationally, predominantly at local churches. For specific information for your region go to www.agcn.org. The program can also be viewed on 3ABN’s Web site at www.3abn.org.

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42022
09/13/01 09:06 PM
09/13/01 09:06 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We are soon going to hear what the SDA Church response will be to this terrorist attack.

What do you suppose the USA response will be?

Daryl

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42023
09/14/01 12:34 AM
09/14/01 12:34 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Beause of fear and frustration, the reaction will be negative, as there already have been several attacks against Mosques in the area of New York and Washington D.C.

Anger, frustration and a desire for vengeance, not justice, will make it worse before it gets better.

As an aside, they found several alive in the rubble and after the rubble was moved aside, they walked out on their own.

they just reported that thye have had a few more cell phone calls from survivors and they are hearing a rythmic pounding from the rubble.
May God get them to the survivors before they die.

------------------
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart. Ps.26:2
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in men.Ps.118:8

Re: Acts of Terrorism in America #42024
09/14/01 02:08 PM
09/14/01 02:08 PM
C
Claudia Thompson  Offline
England
**deleted**

[This message has been edited by Claudia Burrow (edited September 14, 2001).]

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!