HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I will never forget Your commandments for by them... #44143
04/24/01 10:55 PM
04/24/01 10:55 PM
A
adventbeliever  Offline OP
Abbotsford B.C. Canada
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE FOLLOWING. I realize it is a bit long but I believe you will not be disappointed: TRY IT! (Just keep in mind that we have His word and also the gift of faith only through the divine merits of Christ's blood which was shed for us on Calvary's cross). tanx

Christ imparts Himself to us through His spoken Word. His commandment, "Abide in Me and I in you," if it is allowed to have free course in us, is the impartation of His Spirit, ensuring that we abide in Him and He in us! His command is the impartation of His life, for "His commandment is life everlasting." John 12:50.

"The Words--commands--that I speak unto you," Jesus said, "they are Spirit and they are life." John 6:63,68. In other words, the creative energy that called the worlds into existence is in His Word. EVERY COMMAND IS A PROMISE. That Word imparts power, it begets life. Accepted by the will, received into the soul, it brings with it the very life of the Infinite One! See Prov.4:20-22 and Education, p.126.

The Psalmist understood this when he exclaimed: "Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction. I will never forget Your commandments for by them you have given me life." Ps.119:93,50.

In the beginning Christ said, "Let there be light! And there was light." Gen.1:3. There was nothing to oppose that Word. It had free course and it worked effectually to cause light to appear, at once!

The Holy Spirit, through the apostle Peter says, "This is the Word which by the gospel is preached unto you." 1 Peter 1:25.

The Word of the Gospel is: "Let the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ shine in the darkened void of your heart." 2 Cor.4:6; 1 Peter 2:9; 2 Peter 1:19; Acts 26:18; Eph.5:8.

And the Holy Spirit, the light of His glory, the Light of His life, shine in us, at once, if we do not resist His will, as it is expressed in His commandment, for "He speaks and it is done. He commands and it stands fast." Ps.33:9. Only the heart of man can make God's Word of none effect, through unbelief! Therefore, it is written, "Beware lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief." Heb.3:12.

Is not His Word the same yesterday, today, and forever? He speaks His commandments to us that His joy may be imparted to us and that our joy may be full. John 15:11. "I found Your Words and I ate them and they were the rejoicing of my heart." Jer.15:16; Ps.119:111.

"Oh that you had hearkened unto My commandments: then your peace would have been as a river and your righteousness as the waves of the sea." Isaiah 48:18. "Abide in Me and I in you." "Abide in My love." "Go and bear much fruit." "Grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." John 15:4,9,16; 2 Peter 3:18.

And how is this to be accomplished? By choosing to let the Word have free course in us, allowing His Word to "effectually work in us," because it is self-fulfilling. 1 Thess.2:13. Such is the Word of God! "When you receive the Word which you heard from us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth the Word of God which effectually works in you that believe." 1 Thess.2:13.

His power, His very life, dwells in His Word. Receive the Word in faith and it will give you power to obey! See M.B.150.

"Abide in Me and I in you." We abide in Him and He abides in us according to the commandment, if we believe, that is, if we do not interpose His Word with unbelief. Heb.3:12. "Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your heart." Heb.3:7, 18,19; 4:1-3.

It is the same with all His commandments. They are "exceeding great and precious promises" by which Christ Jesus imparts His Spirit to us. 2 Peter 1:4. And His Spirit is life, even life everlasting, fulfilling every jot and tittle of what that Word says!

Therefore, let us exalt God alone and His Word, saying: Lord, "Thy commandments are my delights." "Your commandments are the rejoicing of my heart." "I love them exceedingly." "I opened my mouth and panted; for I long for Your commandments." Ps.119:143,111,167,131.

He says, "Be converted." "The commandment of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul." Ps.19:7. The commandments of the Lord are "more to be desired than gold, yea than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey, and the honeycomb." Ps.19:7-10.

The Lord says, "Repent," and the word produces repentance in the believing heart, repentance which is not to be repented of, which is according to the will of God!

Therefore, the reception of the Word (not merely written but spoken; 6 T 393), the bread that comes down from Heaven, is the reception of Christ Himself. See 5 RH 227. And "The Lord is that Spirit." 2 Cor.3:17.

"My Word shall accomplish that which I please and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11. Let it be done unto us according to all Thy commandments O Lord!

The human agent is to be kept out of sight and God alone and His Word are to be exalted! See T.M.112. Praise His Word! Ps.56:4,10.

His will is: "Love God supremely and your neighbour impartially." John 15:9.

And the Word diffuses the love of God through the whole being if we do not interpose the Word with unbelief. And this love is a vitalizing power. Every vital part, the heart, the brain, the nerves, it touches with healing. It frees the soul from the guilt and sorrow, the anxiety and care that crush the life forces. By it the highest energies of the being are roused into activity. With it come serenity and composure. It implants in the soul a joy that nothing earthly can destroy, joy in the Holy Spirit, health-giving, life-giving joy! See M.H.115.

"His commandments are life to all who find them and health to all their flesh." Prov.4:20-22.

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited April 24, 2001).]

Re: I will never forget Your commandments for by them... #44144
05/06/01 02:04 PM
05/06/01 02:04 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Laval Picard (adventbeliever) posted:

quote:

He says, "Be converted." "The commandment of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul." Ps.19:7. The commandments of the Lord are "more to be desired than gold, yea than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey, and the honeycomb." Ps.19:7-10.

I now quote Ps. 19:7-10 from the KJV of the Bible:

quote:

Psalms 19:7 "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

The topic is in part, I will never forget Your commandments.

What are His commandments?

I ask this as many Christians seem to be confused about what Christ's, the LORD's commandments are. If you noticed from my Bible quote above, I bolded certains words that help to inform us about His commandments:

1 - law
2 - testimony
3 - statutes
4 - commandment
5 - fear
6 - judgments

1 - law of the LORD is perfect
2 - testimony of the LORD is sure
3 - statutes of the LORD are right
4 - commandment of the LORD is pure
5 - fear of the LORD is clean enduring forever
6 - judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

How can we ever forget the law which is perfect, the testimony which is sure, the statutes which are right, the commandment which is pure, the fear which is clean and endures forever, and the judgments which are true and righteous altogether; and yet so many do.

So many forget them simply because they no longer know what they are. For example, so many have done away with the perfect law of the LORD saying it ended at the cross. Can you imagine a perfect law ending at the cross?

From the law comes the others; the testimony, the statutes, the commandment, the fear, and the judgments. If the perfect law of the LORD was done away with at the cross, then there is nothing left to remember as the law has been done away with and forgotten, especially the 4th one, therefore, let us never forget the law or the commandments of the LORD, "for by them you have given me life." Ps.119:93,50.

Psalms 119:165

Daryl

Re: I will never forget Your commandments for by them... #44145
05/06/01 11:16 PM
05/06/01 11:16 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
His word [commandments] light the way for us.
Psalms 119:11 Thy word [commandments] have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.His word keeps us from sinning.
Psalms 119:42 So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.
Psalms 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
Psalms 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.God's word [commandments] brings reproach on us from the world, because they reject it, they reject us.
Revelation 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.The door thatr God has opened, no man may close. It stands before us open that we may enter in.The commandments of God are not grievous.1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

[This message has been edited by Gerry Buck (edited May 06, 2001).]

Re: I will never forget Your commandments for by them... #44146
05/08/01 06:56 AM
05/08/01 06:56 AM
A
Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Thanks Darrel and Gerry! The psalmist also says, "I love the law of Thy lips." Proceeding out of His mouth, His commandments impart power, they beget life, even everlasting life! John 12:50.

Therefore, "Men shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Matt.4:4.

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited May 08, 2001).]

Re: I will never forget Your commandments for by them... #44147
05/08/01 06:59 AM
05/08/01 06:59 AM
A
Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Through the merits of the blood that was shed for us, we have access to the grace of God communicated to us through His commandments and promises: See M.H.122

"For all the law is fulfilled in one Word, even in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Gal.5:14. This commandment is "exceeding broad." Ps.119:96. And "His commandment is life everlasting." John 12:50. Righteousness is love and love is the light and the life of God. "The end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience and of faith enfeigned." 1 Tim.1:5.

"Therefore, all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them; for this is the law and the prophets." Matt.7:12. "For all the law and the prophets is fulfilled in one Word, even in this: Thy shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Gal.5:14. Truly "His commandment is," indeed, "exceeding broad." Ps.119:96. And "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul." Ps.19:7. In other words, proceeding out of the mouth of God, this commandment imparts power, it begets life. It brings with it the very life of the Infinite One working in us both to will and to do according to the commandment, that our joy may be full, joy unspeakable and full of glory! Luke 1:38; 1 Peter 1:8.9.

Jesus says: "My son attend to My Words; Incline thine ear unto My sayings; let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart, for they are life to all who find them and health to all their flesh." Prov.4:20-22. Nothing else can have such healing power. Nothing beside can impart the courage and the faith which give vital energy to the whole being. "I will never forget Your commandments for with them You have given me life." Ps.119:93.

The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts through the commandment (which is the voice of God speaking to the soul in promise) if it is allowed "to have free course" in us. "Pray that the Word of the Lord may have free course." 2 Thess.3:1. As we receive the Word into the heart by faith, not as the word of men but as it is in truth the Word of God, it effectually works in us that believe." 1 Thess.2:13. We are to say, Lord, "Be it unto me according to Thy word." Luke 1:38. That is faith, even "great faith," saith the Lord! Matt.8:6-10. And the righteousness of the commandment is fulfilled in us.

If we will "believe His commandments," (Ps.119:66), "being fully persuaded that what He has commanded, He is able to perform," (Rom.4:21) the Lord says, "My Word shall accomplish that which I please and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it," (Isaiah 55:11) and "It shall no more be delayed... and I will perform it, saith the Lord God." Ezekiel 12:25.

"Be it unto us according as You have said," O Lord! This is "The word of righteousness" (Ps.119:123) which we preach! "All Thy commandments are righteousness." Ps.119:172. This is "The Word of faith which we preached." Rom.10:8.

Lord, "I hope in Your Word." "Lord, remember the Word upon which Thou hast caused me to hope." Ps.119:114,49.

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited May 08, 2001).]

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!