HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
How do I resist temptation? #44321
09/24/01 02:27 PM
09/24/01 02:27 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1 Cor 13:10 says that God will not allow us to be tempted above His ability to empower us to resist unto His honor and glory. But at times I am tempted to feel this or that particular temptation is more than I can withstand.

Can someone please help me learn how to fight the good fight of faith? What must happen in order for me to successfully recognize and resist sin, self and Satan unto the honor and glory of God, my Father?

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44322
09/25/01 01:22 PM
09/25/01 01:22 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
(AV) = Authorized Version {KJV}
Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Matthew 6:13 (DOUAY) And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. Amen.
Matthew 6:13 (ASV) And bring us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
Matthew 6:13 (WEBSTER) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Matthew 6:13 (YLT) ‘And mayest Thou not lead us to temptation, but deliver us from the evil, because Thine is the reign, and the power, and the glory—to the ages. Amen.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:41 (DOUAY) Watch ye: and pray that ye enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:41 (ASV) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:41 (WEBSTER) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:41 (YLT) watch, and pray, that ye may not enter into temptation: the spirit indeed is forward, but the flesh weak.’

Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
Mark 14:38 (DOUAY) Watch ye: and pray that you enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Mark 14:38 (ASV) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Mark 14:38 (WEBSTER) Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
Mark 14:38 (YLT) Watch ye and pray, that ye may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is forward, but the flesh weak.’

Luke 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Luke 11:4 (DOUAY) And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.
Luke 11:4 (ASV) And forgive us our sins; for we ourselves also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And bring us not into temptation.
Luke 11:4 (WEBSTER) And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Luke 11:4 (YLT) and forgive us our sins, for also we ourselves forgive every one indebted to us; and mayest Thou not bring us into temptation; but do Thou deliver us from the evil.’

Luke 22:40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
Luke 22:40 (DOUAY) And when he was come to the place, he said to them: Pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
Luke 22:40 (ASV) And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
Luke 22:40 (WEBSTER) And when he was at the place, he said to them, Pray, that ye enter not into temptation.
Luke 22:40 (YLT) and having come to the place, he said to them, ‘Pray ye not to enter into temptation.’

Luke 22:46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
Luke 22:46 (DOUAY) And he said to them: Why sleep you? Arise: pray: lest you enter into temptation.
Luke 22:46 (ASV) and said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, that ye enter not into temptation.
Luke 22:46 (WEBSTER) And said to them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
Luke 22:46 (YLT) and he said to them, ‘Why do ye sleep? having risen, pray that ye may not enter into temptation.’

2nd Peter Ch-1
1 (AV) ¶ Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
1 (DOUAY) ¶ Simon Peter, servant and apostle of Jesus Christ: to them that have obtained equal faith with us in the justice of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.
1 (ASV) ¶ Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained a like precious faith with us in the righteousness of our God and the Saviour Jesus Christ:
1 (WEBSTER) ¶ Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior Jesus Christ:
1 (YLT) ¶ Simeon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who did obtain a like precious faith with us in the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 (AV) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2 (DOUAY) Grace to you and peace be accomplished in the knowledge of God and of Christ Jesus our Lord.
2 (ASV) Grace to you and peace be multiplied in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;
2 (WEBSTER) Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2 (YLT) Grace to you, and peace be multiplied in the acknowledgement of God and of Jesus our Lord!

3 (AV) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
3 (DOUAY) As all things of his divine power which appertain to life and godliness are given us through the knowledge of him who hath called us by his own proper glory and virtue.
3 (ASV) seeing that his divine power hath granted unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that called us by his own glory and virtue;
3 (WEBSTER) According as his divine power hath given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
3 (YLT) As all things to us His divine power (the things pertaining unto life and piety) hath given, through the acknowledgement of him who did call us through glory and worthiness,

4 (AV) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
4 (DOUAY) By whom he hath given us most great and precious promises: that by these you may be made partakers of the divine nature: flying the corruption of that concupiscence which is in the world.
4 (ASV) whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.
4 (WEBSTER) Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
4 (YLT) through which to us the most great and precious promises have been given, that through these ye may become partakers of a divine nature, having escaped from the corruption in the world in desires.

5 (AV) ¶ And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
5 (DOUAY) ¶ And you, employing all care, minister in your faith, virtue: And in virtue, knowledge:
5 (ASV) ¶ Yea, and for this very cause adding on your part all diligence, in your faith supply virtue; and in your virtue knowledge;
5 (WEBSTER) ¶ And besides this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
5 (YLT) ¶ And this same also—all diligence having brought in besides, superadd in your faith the worthiness, and in the worthiness the knowledge,

6 (AV) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
6 (DOUAY) And in knowledge, abstinence: and in abstinence, patience: and in patience, godliness:
6 (ASV) and in your knowledge self-control; and in your self-control patience; and in your patience godliness;
6 (WEBSTER) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
6 (YLT) and in the knowledge the temperance, and in the temperance the endurance, and in the endurance the piety,

7 (AV) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
7 (DOUAY) And in godliness, love of brotherhood: and in love of brotherhood, charity.
7 (ASV) and in your godliness brotherly kindness; and in your brotherly kindness love.
7 (WEBSTER) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
7 (YLT) and in the piety the brotherly kindness, and in the brotherly kindness the love;

8 (AV) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
8 (DOUAY) For if these things be with you and abound, they will make you to be neither empty nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
8 (ASV) For if these things are yours and abound, they make you to be not idle nor unfruitful unto the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
8 (WEBSTER) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
8 (YLT) for these things being to you and abounding, do make you neither inert nor unfruitful in regard to the acknowledging of our Lord Jesus Christ,

9 (AV) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
9 (DOUAY) For he that hath not these things with him is blind and groping, having forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
9 (ASV) For he that lacketh these things is blind, seeing only what is near, having forgotten the cleansing from his old sins.
9 (WEBSTER) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purified from his old sins.
9 (YLT) for he with whom these things are not present is blind, dim-sighted, having become forgetful of the cleansing of his old sins;

10 (AV) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
10 (DOUAY) Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time.
10 (ASV) Wherefore, brethren, give the more diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never stumble:
10 (WEBSTER) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
10 (YLT) wherefore, the rather, brethren, be diligent to make stedfast your calling and choice, for these things doing, ye may never stumble,

11 (AV) For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
11 (DOUAY) For so an entrance shall be ministered to you abundantly into the ever-lasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
11 (ASV) for thus shall be richly supplied unto you the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
11 (WEBSTER) For so an entrance shall be ministered to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
11 (YLT) for so, richly shall be superadded to you the entrance into the age-during reign of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12 (AV) ¶ Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
12 (DOUAY) ¶ For which cause, I will begin to put you always in remembrance of these things: though indeed you know them and are confirmed in the present truth.
12 (ASV) ¶ Wherefore I shall be ready always to put you in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and are established in the truth which is with you.
12 (WEBSTER) ¶ Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and are established in the present truth.
12 (YLT) ¶ Wherefore, I will not be careless always to remind you concerning these things, though, having known them, and having been established in the present truth,

1. ASK till you get it, ask till the feelings are concered by faith, ask till the feelings change. Ask till you don't need to ask anymore.

2. Believe till it happens, Bibically to believe means to learn, understand, trust, act on it - according to the directions from the Bible.

3. Claim = Ask & believe & decide to rest in the promise instead of deciding to enter into the feelings. When the people's feet hit the water, only then did the red sea part. Peter asked Jesus to call him out of the boat to bid him with His power to come out and walk with Him on the water. Only when Peter stopped asking in his heart by doubting and giving up inside doid he sink. Then his ability to believe (to act on faith stopped because he now acted on doubt - {he sank}, but he claimed {he cried out "Lord save me" & he ment right now !!!!}

He was not in a position to grab Jesus, but Jesus grabbed him fast and strong and lifted him up. When's the last time you tried to lift a full grown man using one hand & the man and his clothes are soaking wet ? Not a light task. Jesus didn't break a sweat, and not a srain. The strain was Peter's to focus on Jesus and trust Him & stay by His side. As long as he did that he COULD WALK ON LIGUID WATER on the stormy sea of Galilee at nite with no Hollywood props and no flashlight. Jesus provided Peter the footing, the power, the light. He will do the same for Ed & Mike, but we gotta use His tools or it's a no go.

The power is His part, but desiring to enter into temptation and choosing to enter into temptation is our fork in the heart & mind whereby we choose to desire His (Jesus Christ) power, or his(guess who) temptation, then we walk the path we choose according to the tools needed to walk one path or the other. Long before we act we have yearned and decided to walked that way, or smelled the yearn coming and turned away and ran to God.

Next question, what about backslidding ?

One way of looking at it is that SDA's have the most to backslide from & backslide with that any other ideology on Earth.

Another way of looking at is it SDA's have the tools to tap God's power and presence and reach His heart more than any other ideology on Earth . Kind of the destination is attitude - focus driven maybe . Like the difference between a rocket and a submarine, one is built to go up; one is built to go down. What you use & how you use it is where you go - cept it's heart work all the way.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44323
09/25/01 04:21 PM
09/25/01 04:21 PM
D
DenBorg  Offline
Blanchard, OK
An evangelist currently speaking in our area said something about this that stuck with me, and kind of goes along with what Ed was saying. He suggested that we need to learn to recognize His voice.

Have you ever been watching TV, and something seems to tell you to change the channel, or to turn it off? Sometimes when you decide not to, and something inappropriate comes on, you get caught up in it and later wish you hadn't.

It doesn't have to be TV; it could be anything. But if we learn to hear and recognize the promptings of the Holy Spirit, we could avoid unnecessary temptations and escape other temptations. I know there are some temptations I have brought onto myself, by being somewhere I shouldn't be, or doing something I shouldn't be doing.

That is part of choosing the path we walk on. We need to hear His voice and follow Him when He is trying to provide an escape from temptation.

To learn His voice, we need to spend time in daily devotions and prayer with Him. The more we do this, and the more we heed His instructions, the closer we come to Him and the louder His voice sounds to us.

And when you find yourself in trouble, do not hesitate to call upon Him for immediate help, power, and guidance.

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44324
09/25/01 09:38 PM
09/25/01 09:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thank you for the sound advice. Okay, from what I've read here so far in order to resist temptation or backsliding I need to:

1. Ask, believe and claim His promises.
2. Obey the voice of God immediately.
3. Avoid unholy people, places and things.

What can I do when my motivation is weak? The list above seems to rely heavily upon my doing something. How can I overcome the lack of willingness that so often robs me of strength in the heat of temptation? Isn't there something God can do to help the weak and struggling soul?

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44325
11/08/01 06:52 AM
11/08/01 06:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Mike

When the motivation is weak, the following has helped me immensely:

"Come unto Me."

If you were to go to a country like Nepal, you would see the people, especially the women, carrying heavey loads on their backs or on top of their heads. It was usually bundles of sticks or plants. A few would be seen carrying loads of bricks. Some actually carry loads heavier than their own weight.

Carrying heavy burdens seems to be a daily activity for many cultures throughout the world. Even the little children in Nepal carry their own "heavy loads."

Here in North America, we tend to carry our heavy loads in a different way, but none the less, just as heavy. Everyday, people are seen carrying loads of guilt, family disfunctions, social pressures, "sins that so easily beset." (Heb.12:1). Many are ready to give up because of the burdens they are carrying.

It was Jesus who said,

"Come unto Me, all you who are weary, and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yolk upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yolk is easy and My burden is light." (Mat.11:28-30, NIV).

To whom was Jesus talking? What did He mean?

"In these words Christ is speaking to every human being. Whether they know it or not, all are weary or heavy laden. All are weighed down with burdens that only Christ can remove. The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin. [separation from God]. If we were left to bear this burden alone, it would crush us. But the sinless One has taken our place.

'The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all.' (Isa.53:6).

He has borne the burden of our guilt. He will take [that] load from our weary shoulders. [Jesus] will give us rest. The burden of care and sorrow [He will also gladly bear]. [Jesus] invites us to cast all our care upon Him, for He carries us on His heart."

- The Signs Of The Times, 06-29-04.

"Ye who were sometimes afar off; are made near by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13

------------------
"...you should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 3

DavidTBattler

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited November 08, 2001).]

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44326
11/08/01 01:40 PM
11/08/01 01:40 PM
D
Dan Wilson  Offline
Pastor
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Don't wait for a weak moment. You prepare for war in times of peace.

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44327
11/09/01 12:12 AM
11/09/01 12:12 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Dan is right, in the case of resisting temptation, proactive preperation is one of the best defenses. For temptations that hit unexpectedly, look at these facts.

1. God has to allow all things. He reads what is in you & has been given you. He reads what was, is, and yet to be. He sees all the factions, circumstances, living creatures involved. He knows the all the on all sides and is prepared with His own empowered plans.

What tools do you already have on hand?
How effectivly are those tools being used?
What tools does God say to use on temptation?

A. His strength.
His strength is multi fold.

His strength of motive & character.

His strength to repair & rebuild & armour for the future endurance needed.

His strength to move even beyond self survival to saving others no matter the personal cost.

His strength to know what's ahead & builds Scripture afore hand to neet it.

His strength to continually empower His Word to overpower temptations and the source of temptation's power.

His strength to create & maintain the communication of prayer & the vitality to instantly span the heavens and all circumstances to listen and answer. (see Matthew 26:41; Luke 22:40 for starters)

His strength to heal & forgive & attract & sanctify (bring into harmony with Himself).

B. His personal victory over all human sympathy with temptations and sin, and over all temptations and sin themselves.

C. His mediation that moves all of the vast creation in it's scope and power and moves human hearts in it's individuality and sympathy with people.

D. Engrafting Scripture (memorizing Scripture & putting Scripture to it's stated intended use).

E. Anchoring the focus - Two fold

1. Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith. (see Hebrews 11:1-12:29) Plug in each verse into SOP search engine. Looking @ Jesus & focusing on Him instead of sins & their hold within you.

We may endeavor to meet the enemy's temptations in our own strength, doing the best we can to overcome; but we shall meet with disappointment after disappointment. This was the condition in which Christ found the disciples, after their night of unrewarded toil. They were annoyed and perplexed. Directing them to "launch out into the deep," Christ said, "Let down your nets for a draught." {RC 237.5}

Long had the fishermen toiled that night; often had they been disappointed in their expectations, as time and again the net was drawn up empty. When the Divine Presence was with them, and they, at His bidding, once more cast their net into the sea, what an abundance they gathered in! They were unprepared to handle so large a draught. . . . The sight of the miraculous draught of fish swept away the unbelief of the Galilean fishermen, and they were ready to respond to Christ's invitation to follow Him, and to learn to be fishers of men. . . . However long and faithfully we may toil in our human strength, we can hope for no real results; but as soon as we welcome Christ into the heart, He will work with and through us, to the salvation of souls.--Manuscript 67, 1903. {RC 237.6}

2. Working for the salvation and help & blessing & healing of others. (see "is attained when..."-11 hits; "Heaven's mission for us is...." - 2 hits;

"When we realize that we are workers together with God, His promises will not be spoken with indifference. They will burn in our hearts, and kindle upon our lips. To Moses, when called to minister to an ignorant, undisciplined, and rebellious people, God gave the promise, "My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." And He said, "Certainly I will be with thee." Ex. 33:14; 3:12. This promise is to all who labor in Christ's stead for His afflicted and suffering ones. {DA 641.2}

Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts. {DA 641.3}

But "if thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; if thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not He that pondereth the heart consider it? and He that keepeth thy soul, doth not He know it? and shall not He render to every man according to his works?" Prov. 24:11, 12. In the great Judgment day, those who have not worked for Christ, who have drifted along thinking of themselves, caring for themselves, will be placed by the Judge of the whole earth with those who did evil. They receive the same condemnation. {DA 641.4}

To every soul a trust is given. Of everyone the Chief Shepherd will demand, "Where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?" And "what wilt thou say when He shall punish thee?" Jer. 13:20, 21. {DA 641.5}

Chap. 46 - Adopted Sons and Daughters

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. Eph. 1:5, 6. {AG 54.1}

Before the foundations of the earth were laid the covenant was made that all who were obedient, all who should through the abundant grace provided become holy in character and without blame before God by appropriating that grace, should be children of God. {AG 54.2}

We owe everything to grace, free grace, sovereign grace. Grace in the covenant ordained our adoption. Grace in the Saviour effected our redemption, our regeneration, and our adoption to heirship with Christ. {AG 54.3}

As we fully believe that we are His by adoption, we may have a foretaste of heaven. . . . We have a nearness to Him, and can hold sweet communion with Him. We obtain distinct views of His tenderness and compassion, and our hearts are broken and melted with contemplation of the love that is given to us. We feel indeed an abiding Christ in the soul. We abide in Him, and feel at home with Jesus. . . . We have a realizing sense of the love of God, and we rest in His love. No language can describe it, it is beyond knowledge. We are one with Christ, our life is hid with Christ in God. We have the assurance that when He who is our life shall appear, then shall we also appear with Him in glory. With strong confidence we can call God our Father. {AG 54.4}

All who have been born into the heavenly family are in a special sense the brethren of our Lord. The love of Christ binds together the members of His family, and wherever that love is manifest there the divine relationship is revealed. . . . {AG 54.5}

Love to man is the earthward manifestation of the love of God. It was to implant this love, to make us children of one family, that the King of glory became one with us. And when His parting words are fulfilled, "Love one another, as I have loved you" (John 15:12); when we love the world as He has loved it, then for us His mission is accomplished. We are fitted for heaven; for we have heaven in our hearts. {AG 54.6}

As a non SDA TV preacher once said, "until you decide to serve God no matter what, nothing is going to happen."

Lots more, but each person's mind is constituted differently, so see here or there, some see elsewhere. Lots to see and lots to look to see and find and share. Bible & SOP are loaded way beyond even several human minds to find a tithe of what's there.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44328
11/09/01 09:19 AM
11/09/01 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Howdy Dan Wilson & Ed

Nice to hear from you.

Dan:

I thought we were in a war all the time...do you think we should be saying that we need to get ready, or to be ready for "temptations?"

Quote by Ed

"When we realize that we are workers together with God, His promises will not be spoken with indifference. They will burn in our hearts, and kindle upon our lips. To Moses, when called to minister to an ignorant, undisciplined, and rebellious people, God gave the promise, "My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." And He said, "Certainly I will be with thee." Ex. 33:14; 3:12. This promise is to all who labor in Christ's stead for His afflicted and suffering ones." {DA 641.2}

Ed

I enjoyed your post...what are your thoughts on the following phrase from the enclosed quote I drew from your last post here:

"His promises will not be spoken with indifference."

How do we do this today? That is, "What is meant by the phrase saying that we sometimes speak a promise of God with indifference?

------------------
"...you should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 3

DavidTBattler

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited November 09, 2001).]

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44329
11/10/01 07:27 AM
11/10/01 07:27 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
I started with a comment and created an epistle. I began with David's question and moved to Mike's concerns. Agape paints the whole wall till it runs out of paint or wall.

Perhaps those promises will be spoken from the motivation of the Agape compassion of Jesus that was said to be the zeal that ate Him up.

2 Kings 19:31 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall do this.

Psalms 69:9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 37:32 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall do this.

John 2:
13 And the Jews’ passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;
16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.
17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Matthew 14:14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

Matthew 18:27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

Mark 1:41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Mark 6:34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.

When a person seeks the love of God implanted in them continually and as much as they can hold right then, In due time they will get it like the oil from the compassion of God that inspired the words of Elisha to an indebted helpless widow with dependent children.

2nd Kings 4:
1 ¶ Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
2 And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
3 Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.
4 And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.
5 So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.
6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.

That oil is like the motives of the heart sent from God. She could not make the oil, but she could prepare to receive it. She could gether containers to put the oil in, and start pouring as her cooperation in the operation of faith. Her faith that worked to honour God's promises.

Until there was a promise of oil, she could go through the motions of oil pouring and receive nothing because God had to work to create & deliver oil to pour.

Until there was an asking to get that promise spoken to her by God's representative that was God's designated mouthpiece not covenant to give oil was in force.

Until their was obedient cooperation to gether containers from neighbours to put this as yet nonexistant oil in there was nothing to receive the promise into.

Until she lifted her jar and threw away her last reserves in hopeing and trusting God to replace and superceed her lack, useing His reserves to accomplish His word to her; the oil did not yet flow.

Until all the containers that were possibly available were completely full, the oil kept flowing and flowing and flowing. But when there was no more room to receive it, the oil stopped.

Taking the que from the type of wine, and quality of the wine created by God at Cana's wedding feast. Taking that que, that new oil was the best, the clearest, the highest quality, it did not have things in it that needed filtering out. It's market value was the highest possible for the region. Joe the oil crusher from down the street, who blended his oils and needed watching out for in his dealings at the oil market, was not the source of this oil. There were no olive groves and oil presses in her kitchen. The God who gives the oil into the olives in the first place this time bypassing the need for olive trees and equipment and all that stuff.

To all who need the oil that is gold that is unalloyed motive from God's heart to theirs, Me included, motive that will not be stayed till the heart is full and closed by love of sin and its works. Just as the oil to her would not be stayed in it's flow till all the jars and containers were full and no more were to be had. So the Agape of God flows, as we extend Biblical Agape to others, the flow continues.

Look at the UNTIL sentences & physical oil, now use those principles toward Literal Agape. You will have to dig in the Bible and research each point to apply to your personal situations and conditions and needs and others' needs you are supposed to minister to. She still had to sell the oil that was collected & liquidate her debts and manage the rest.

Memorize the Agape chapters and passages in the Bible. Some seem out of place as being called Agape chapters but they guard this Agape & keep you able to receive it and channel it's use.

Deuteronomy ch 30, Isaiah ch's 49-63, John ch-17, Ist Corinthians 13, Matthew ch's 5-7, 2nd Peter ch-1, James ch's 1-5 , 1st & 2nd & 3rd John, Revelation ch's 1-3.

Cross reference them with the other Bible texts that apply to them. Then talk to God about those texts, passages, chapters, and your personal situations & needs, your influence on others around you & His purposes in haveing you where you are. In due time you will understand in these words of Scripture to you, His covenant of Agape to you for yourself, to you for them.

This seems to hit the spot when it comes to preparing the heart for having room for Agape.
(From Gerry [the warmer now Buck-thanks Gerry]

This came to me by way of Sermon Fodder.

Evangelism:
While speaking in London, evangelist D. L. Moody was approached by a British companion who wanted to know the secret of Moody's success in leading people to Christ.

Moody directed the man to his hotel window and asked, "What do you see?" The man looked down on the square and reported a view of crowded streets.

Moody suggested he look again. This time the man mentioned seeing people--men, women, and children.

Moody then directed him to look a third time, and the man became frustrated that he was not seeing what Moody wanted him to see.

The great evangelist came to the window with watery eyes and said, "I see people going to hell without Jesus. Until you see people like that, you will not lead them to Christ."

What do you see in five o'clock traffic, a busy restaurant, a crowded waiting room, your neighborhood, or your extended family?

That seems to say the first man had not done all he could to get the oil within, the second man (Moody had done more).

This is the era of the Image & Mark of the Beast & Seal of the Living God& judgement moving from the dead to the living & Witness to the whole world & Loud Cry of the Fourth Angel. Moody's level of preperation and stopping short of present truth Scripture teachings will obtain only enough oil to sell and pay some debts but leave nothing to actually live on. But Moody is an example of the results of this oil of Agape within human hearts creating Agape's motives continually within as long as the oil is there.

God has an endless paint bucket, but when you clog your sprayer nozzle or stop squeezing the trigger, the paint bucket does the wall no good.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44330
11/10/01 05:37 PM
11/10/01 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ed

As you talked about the "oil" we need, I was reminded that we also need to buy a little "gold" at the same time.

What is this gold? How do we "buy it?"

And how is this "gold" related to "resisting temptation?"

------------------

DavidTBattler

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44331
11/10/01 08:10 PM
11/10/01 08:10 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
The gold is the love & faith refined in the fires of circumstances God allows. The eyesalve is the seeing of yourself from God's viewpoint, and white raiment is the merits of Jesus that you personally wear inside.

The gold, eye salve, clothes(wedding garment) & oil are a package deal. Get jesus and He brings them all with Him. Too sleepy to search for references.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44332
11/11/01 06:56 AM
11/11/01 06:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

In most discourses we hear on “The Message To The Laodiceans;” we usually get a really good dose of Rev.3:15-17:

“15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:”

I have really wondered why this is so in light of the rest of this message, and it’s potential meaning for believers today.

Rev.3:18 is the quiet part of the message that we don’t hear too often in the church;

“18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.”

What on earth can we “buy” from God? And, what does God mean when He says “gold?”

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Isaiah 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Here is another text, that would seem to be connected to Rev.3:18 as it talks about gold too:

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Here is a passage that I thought was well suited to Rev.3:18 - COL.116.003

"Salvation is a free gift, and yet it is to be bought and sold. In the market of which divine mercy has the management, the precious pearl is represented as being bought without money and without price. In this market all may obtain the goods of heaven. The treasury of the jewels of truth is open to all. "Behold, I have set before thee an open door," the Lord declares, "and no man can shut it." No sword guards the way through this door. Voices from within and at the door say, Come. The Saviour's voice earnestly and lovingly invites us: "I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich." Rev. 3:8, 18.

COL.117.001

"The gospel of Christ is a blessing that all may possess. The poorest are as well able as the richest to purchase salvation; for no amount of worldly wealth can secure it. It is obtained by willing obedience, by giving ourselves to Christ as His own purchased possession. Education, even of the highest class, cannot of itself bring a man nearer to God.

The Pharisees were favored with every temporal and every spiritual advantage, and they said with boastful pride, We are "rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing"; yet they were "wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked." Rev. 3:17. Christ offered them the pearl of great price; but they disdained to accept it, and He said to them, "The publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." Matt. 21:31.

COL.117.002

"We cannot earn salvation, but we are to seek for it with as much interest and perseverance as though we would abandon everything in the world for it."

------------------

DavidTBattler

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44333
11/13/01 03:23 AM
11/13/01 03:23 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Hello. I've been away until today. I really like the idea of including Rev 3:18 as part of understanding how we might resist temptation.

I also have asked the question - Where do we get the money to buy the gold, raiment and eye salve? I wonder if Jesus' counsel to the rich young ruler sheds any light? If we sell everything to benefit the poor and follow Jesus, do we accumulate the spiritual money necessary to purchase the merchandise of Rev 3:18? And wouldn't we also be fortified to resist temptation thus equipped?

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44334
11/13/01 02:11 PM
11/13/01 02:11 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
When you unconditionally give yourself to Jesus and decide to serve Him no matter what, you have just bought the gold, white raiment, eyesalve. Buying something is a giving situation between two or more folks. Each one gives the other what they want in exchange for what they have.

To Jesus you are the pearl of great price.

To you Jesus is the pearl of great price.

As you read this, sing the song "broken and spilled out" Jesus sold Himself utterly to buy you. He did that by giving Himself to you completely. You buy what He is selling by giving yourself to Him just as completely. The part of you that is not normally able to do this is enabled by His gift of Himself to you. He knows it can never be an equitable even trade. John 1:12 Tells how He stacked the deck to help you actually be enabled to sell yourself to Him.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44335
11/13/01 03:06 PM
11/13/01 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have more to say; but would like to ask a question first:

How do we tell if we have "fully given ourselves" to Jesus?

------------------

DavidTBattler

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44336
11/13/01 03:31 PM
11/13/01 03:31 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Don't we give ourselves totally to Jesus as soon as we cooperate with the influence of the Holy Spirit who empowers us to crucify our old man habits of sin (our imperfections of character)? Seems to me a person is completely surrendered and submitted to Jesus when he would rather die than to knowingly hold on to any pet darling sin. From what I've studied that's when we experience the miracle of rebirth.

As a born again believer I now know in my heart, through the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit, when I am indulging sin. The Lord is faithful to cause me to be aware of sin in my life. If it was left up to me to discern sin in my life it would never happen. I would justify and rationale it to my eternal ruin.

Praise God we are not left to our own devices when it comes to knowing where we stand, at any given moment, in our relationship to the truth as it is in Jesus. The promises of God make it clear to me that so long as I am walking in the Spirit and mind of the new man I am without sin - both justified (legally) and sanctified (in reality) through the shed blood and righteousness of Jesus.

Is that how you see it?

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44337
11/24/01 06:02 AM
11/24/01 06:02 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
The most prosperous church will backslide under the most powerful preaching unless the people awake to the necessity of individual effort. The followers of Christ cannot advance and grow up to the full stature of men and women in Christ Jesus unless they are, individually, workers. If they do nothing themselves, and expect to retain life and vitality, they will be disappointed and then fall into temptation and great spiritual weakness. . . . {15MR 129.1}

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44338
11/24/01 06:09 PM
11/24/01 06:09 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Edward, thank you for that nice quote. But do you think growing up into the full stature of men and women in Jesus Christ?

Does it involve becoming less and less morally defective over the course of a lifetime?

Or does it mean becoming more and more mature in the fruit of the Spirit over the course of a lifetime?

I personally believe there is a great danger in the idea that we experience the miracle of rebirth before we have cooperated with the Holy Spirit in completely crucifying our old man defects of character. To suggest that we must first be born again before we can begin the life long process of gradually leaving off our defects of character is tantamont to opening the flood gates of sin.

What do the rest of you believe?

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44339
11/24/01 09:03 PM
11/24/01 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote by Mike:

"Does it involve becoming less and less morally defective over the course of a lifetime?"

We can answer this with another question:

Does sin get better? Does it "improve" over time, like evolution would teach?

In what sense do we relate the process or event of "crucifixion" of our moral defects?

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Who does the "crucifying?" And what is intended with the idea of the whole world being "crucified?"

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. {by whom: or, whereby}

------------------

DavidTBattler

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44340
11/25/01 02:16 AM
11/25/01 02:16 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"Does sin get better? Does it "improve" over time, like evolution would teach?"

Good question. What I mean by, Becoming less and less morally defective, is do we leave off or crucify our moral defects of character one at a time over the course of our lifetime?

In other words, do we first give up the greater sins (i.e., murder, rape, drugs, etc) and then over the course of a lifetime we gradually give up the lesser sins (i.e., anger, lust, caffiene, etc) until finally we leave off pride (the so-called last frontier) just before we die of old age?

Get the picture? I have actually met people who believe that sanctification is the life long process of gradually tapering off in sin according to the model I described above. They believe that victory over sin follows an evolutionary path whereby a person might start off as a fist fighter, and then after several years scale down to just feeling angry inside, until finally years down the road they are no longer irritated by things.

"In what sense do we relate the process or event of "crucifixion" of our moral defects?"

As I understand it, we crucify a moral defect of character the moment we admit that it is a defect and we refuse to secretly retain it as a pet sin. But there are other conditions too.

Namely, if we are secretly cherishing any pet sins, then whatever other victories we may be experiencing over sin are of the same caliber as when non-christians give up similar vices. That is, the origin of all such accomplishments are of human invention.

The only person who is truly experiencing Spirit powered obedience is the one who is completely surrendered to Jesus according to their personal convictions regarding what is truth. Anyone who is willfully violating their belief system by hypocritically embracing those things he condemns is self-deceived and unsaved.

It is important to make a distinction between the person who sins intentionally and the person who sins unintentionally. See Heb 10:26 and 1 John 2:1,2. The person who indulges sin without intending to repent is not in the same condition as the person who accidentally, spontaneously, in a moment of unguarded weakness slips back into the camp of sin and who is immediately repentant.

Read the following representive list of moral defects of character and ask yourself, How long would it take the Holy Spirit to convince a person that all of them must be crucified.

Galatians Chapter 5
5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44341
03/10/02 04:09 AM
03/10/02 04:09 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
I had something to say, but deleted it.

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: zyph ]

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: zyph ]

Re: How do I resist temptation? #44342
03/10/02 10:34 PM
03/10/02 10:34 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
Our example is Jesus......He met every temptation wit a "It is written". We are to study so we will have in our mind the answer to all temptations....I for one have a very bad memory but i can cling to the promise that 'He will bring to our minds the answers that are needed.' But only if we have put it in our mind before.

And ..."the love of God constraineth me."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!