HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44453
01/02/02 05:41 PM
01/02/02 05:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Greg, I like the things you mentioned, but I think I'm hung up on the timing. Moses anointed the sanctuary with oil first, and then he anointed Aaron and his sons with blood and oil, and all of this BEFORE any work started in the sanctuary.

Jesus was first the Lamb of God, and then He was slain for the sins of mankind, and then He rose to serve as our high priest in the heavenly sanctuary. If the OT example of anointing the sanctuary first, the priest next, and finally the daily work began followed by the annual day of atonement - if any of this means anything at all, then all of it should matter completely. At least that's what makes sense to me right now.

Therefore, if the OT is the pattern Jesus first established, and then later demonstrated (and still is), why wouldn't we also conclude that Jesus anointed the heavenly sanctuary (the one He served under) with oil, not blood, sometime BEFORE His incarnation, or no later than BEFORE His substitutionary death on the cross?

If the OT model actually depicts the pattern Jesus is following, then He would have anointed all three apartments of the heavenly sanctuary with oil before giving His life and death for us on the altar in the outer court. Then His blood would have been used during His inaugural ceremony, along with oil, to anoint Him as our high priest. Which would then allow Jesus to perform the daily in the holy place until 1844, and finally the annual day of atonement until the close of time.

To suggest any other order or sequence of events seems to disregard the clear OT example, which was based on the ministry of Jesus. If we're going to insist on a different pattern for Jesus, then I believe we should show just cause for our choices. So far, we haven't properly addressed these concerns. Is there any way we can direct this study to that end?

On a side note, your musing about the opening of Jesus' side and how it might correspond to Adam and his help mate is indeed interesting. I don't know. The thought never occurred to me before. What about His other wounds? What are the parallels?

Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44454
01/03/02 06:40 AM
01/03/02 06:40 AM
G
Greg Goodchild  Offline
Placerville, CA
Mike:
A large portion of this is how you view the sanctuary. When Jesus was a child He came to the temple and did He anoint it with the presence of the Holy Spirit then? When He was baptized and anointed, and accepted by the Father did He soon go to the sanctuary and cleanse it? Now He removed various things but did He anoint it? I believe that His presence is the Shekinah presence and validated the sanctuary for its last rites. When Jesus left the sanctuary it in effect was closed for it was desolate, there was no longer a Shekinah presence in it.

In reference to the other wounds, I believe that his blood anointed His head, His hands and His feet. Just as in Leviticus 8:23.

Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44455
01/03/02 10:05 PM
01/03/02 10:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The examples you gave refer to the earthly sanctuary. But when did Jesus anoint the heavenly sanctuary? Some people say He waited until AD 31.

According to the examples you gave Jesus anointed the earthly BEFORE He shed His blood on the cross, did He not also anoint the heavenly with oil BEFORE He shed His blood?

If Jesus anointed the earthly with the oil of His presence, then isn't possible that He also anointed the heavenly with the oil of His presence long before His incarnation?

Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44456
01/03/02 10:20 PM
01/03/02 10:20 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I can see where Christ may have anointed the Heavenly Sanctuary with oil prior to 31 AD and with His blood in 31 AD.

I will need to review this again with this in mind.

Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44457
01/03/02 11:11 PM
01/03/02 11:11 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Daryl, how many times must Jesus anoint the heavenly sanctuary before it is considered anointed? Also, please share with me, after you study this further, where it says blood was used to anoint the sanctuary before the priests began work on a daily basis?

Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44458
01/22/02 07:36 PM
01/22/02 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike

What are your thoughts re this exerpt from ML Andeason's book called "The Sabbath?" Do you see any connection with this quote, and Rev.13:8?

"We can understand how God can bless human beings.

We can even understand how He can bless animals and give them their work to do in carrying out God’s purpose; but how can God bless a day, a division of time, neither animate nor inanimate, not alive nor dead, a thing without substance, a conception rather than a reality; time, which defies definition, though all mankind is aware of its existence and reality?

How can time be blessed so as to be a blessing to man?"

"The answer is that time does not have any virtue or power in itself to be a blessing or a help to others.

Time is as impersonal as space, and equally inconceivable.

One difference between the two is noticeable: space extends in all directions, while time might be compared to a one-way road, permitting traffic in one direction only.

Man has no power over time, to hasten or retard it. Whether he will or not, he is carried along with it, and despite all protests is one day older tomorrow than he is today. He cannot reverse the process, however much he may wish to do so. Time is superior to him, and he obeys its mandates."

"There are those who believe that God did not create time, but that in some way He found it already existing. But this cannot be. Time and space are not self-existent entities, operating apart from God and independent of Him.

If that were true, they would be equal with God, or even His superior; for that which is coeval with God or exists prior to God must at least be equal with Him; and that which is not created by God is self-existent and is God. The Christian believes that “without Him was not anything made that was made,” and that time and space are created by God as verily as anything else He has made. John 1:3."

"Though the two conceptions of time and space are beyond human comprehension, each is helpful in understanding the other. Our conception of space, for example, helps us to understand time better, and how it is possible for God to bless time." (The Sabbath, pp. 54, 55 - M. L. Andreasen)

There can be no concept of eternity without the concept of time. As Andreasen noted, if all things were created by Jesus Christ, then He created time. Speaking as Paul, “after the manner of men” for lack of better words, there was a period in history before time or eternity existed. Christ, being the author of time, must also be the author of eternity as we know it.

Therefore, Christ, the Son of God, was begotten before time and eternity existed since it was Christ who brought these into being. With this understanding we can see how Jesus “was with God from all eternity” and yet also the literal Son of God begotten before Bethlehem.

Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44459
01/22/02 08:27 PM
01/22/02 08:27 PM
D
Dora  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
David,
That was really a good quote from Andreasen's book on the Sabbath. I have his book on the Sanctuary Service, but not this one. And, yes, I can see the connection to Rev.13:8. Isn't it awesome, when we realize how very little we know now, and how we will be studying all the things of God throughout all eternity?!! Now, won't THAT be a fabulous Sabbath School to attend?

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Dora ]

Re: Did Jesus wait until AD 31 to anoint the Most Holy Place? #44460
02/02/02 01:56 AM
02/02/02 01:56 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
God existed before time and space? Now there's a strange thought. Personally it's easier for me to wrap my mind around the idea that time and space has existed from eternity same as God. As such I'm not sure there is a clear connection between Rev 13:8 and the beginning of time and space. The text only mentions the foundation of the world as the starting point. And that there is some kind of link between Jesus' sacrifice and this point in time.

Or did I miss something?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!