HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,638
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,257 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44690
01/08/02 06:05 AM
01/08/02 06:05 AM
G
Greg Goodchild  Offline
Placerville, CA
Linda:
Just finished reading your articles. Very beneficial. My wife decided to stop coloring her hair due to the ammonia and dyes that were in the treatment. We last day people must be guided by the Lord and His prophet.

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44691
01/12/02 09:35 AM
01/12/02 09:35 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
It was at Wildwood, in David & Coleen's home where Linda & I were students. It was 30+ years ago when we were young . The best I can remember this happened.

Coming back from some form of outreach class, where we went out into the neighbourhoods and helped, witnessed, ministered, taught what we had learned with all the ideals within us shining out of our young exuberent hearts.

We had come back to the house, students lived in the houses there with married couples as "homeheads" superintending. David & Coleen Lee were our homeheads then. David's father James Lee was visiting from the mission field or the GC I don't remember.

But he said something very fundamental as a bunch of us were gethered in the living room. He said "Ed I can always tell when you've been witnessing & helping others. Your face is shining."

He went on to say that the same thing happens with the girls. The face is radiating the spiritual light of Heaven. Unless the person is wearing makeup for the usual reasons. Their face could not shine for not only the physical makeup was in the way but the reasons for the makeup was in the way.

If a person was wearing makeup to hide burns & scars & disfigurements the face could still shine with Heaven's light from a pure heart, but not as brightly because makeup physically blocked it somewhat. A light that was just barely within visible eyesight, but disernable.

Someone else brought up this point.
Under ultraviolet a non made up face looked ok, but one with makeup reflected the very different frequencies of makeup and not human flesh built to receive the glory of God as it's covering. It did not look good at all under UV light.

Just a thought:

God & the holy angels see us in all frequencies and wavelengths as well as our thoughts, and feelings. Under that kind of view what does makeup and it's usual reasons for being worn look like to them ?

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44692
01/12/02 10:20 AM
01/12/02 10:20 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
David you asked a question about Matt 6 & clothes and how it applied to makeup ?

Have you ever seen someone so over dressed it was very obvious and out of place. The desire for pre-eminence through appearance. Or attraction of others to self, was in appearance. Old fashioned human pride, or the desire to romantically attract could well be in operation.

As you read Desire of Ages, one of the things the Hebrews wanted was the Roman's wealth and symbols and trappings of wealth & power. clothing was a part of that facade they were seeking.

Case in point:

All I have to say is "The lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" and memories of Robin Leach and exotic trappings of wealth and artifical beauty spring to mind.

Same human nature even after 2000 yrs.

The female mindset seems to base self value upon physical appearance & desirability. The various cultures of Earth seem to have this one trait in common. God implanted in women's nature the desire toward her husband, or to get a husband. That is a process that is reactivated at actual puberty and is to be channeled by what God has revealed.

The same goes for men.

Women manifest in one way & men in another.

Once you become part of the kingdom of Heaven in the here and now, the world's standards if they are in opposition to God's standards, can nolonger be your expression of loyalty to God.

What you learn becomes the arena of combat within you, if it somthing you want to hold on to despite what you have learned. The not wanting to surrender to God about whatever it is, is the actual problem, the thing like jewelry or makeup is just the symptom.

It's the same process of conversion as when you first came to Jesus, the first became an SDA, now the process is going deeper. This is the proof Jesus loves you for He is searching your heart, revealing yourself to you, through circumstances and helping you to turn to Him in these situations. He is doing that with this goal in mind.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

1st Peter 4:
12 ¶ Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Ephesians 5:

(last part of verse 25)even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Thank you in advance for being my sounding board in this. I do not assume you are useing makeup. This way hopefully I will not seem confrontational about this topic or my approach in answering this question, which may shed light upon the principles involved in the makeup topic.

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Edward F Sutton ]

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44693
01/12/02 05:55 PM
01/12/02 05:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Ed

I don't take you to be "confrontational" at all in this...

It's just that I read your post, and there seemed to be no connection.

From what I see; you have made an abstract application of a very important principle from Mathew 6.

You are right. I do not wear make up.

But I do use moisturizer creme.

I have to because of burns I got in the past.

But joking aside; it seems as though we can very easily place unfair, and innacurate labels on people who don't dress well, or who wear makeup.

They don't all have some of the motives suggested in this thread.

Some people do know how to wear makeup tastefully, and they don't look "seductive" or "sensual," in any way.

My only real concern is that we don't jump to conclusions about people who are still developing and growing, and have not reached the same place as us.

I am with you, in some ways. In our earlier years; I had to tell my wife that if she was wearing "war paint" I couldn't kiss her. I found it very repulsive to get smeared with all that red stuff. (Lipstick). And, it doesn't taste good. I hope I am not out of line here, just trying to make a point.

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44694
01/12/02 10:55 PM
01/12/02 10:55 PM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
I think we need to remember that we are not the Holy Spirit. We should do our work, and allow Him to do His. People always have a bible text to belt someone with. Jesus convicted the heart by example (eg washing the disciples' feet) and by love. (Ellen White says there were tears in his voice when He uttered His scathing remarks to the pharisees.)

And Ed - I quote your post -

"The female mindset seems to base self value upon physical appearance & desirability. The various cultures of Earth seem to have this one trait in common. God implanted in women's nature the desire toward her husband, or to get a husband." Have you ever noticed how men think the prettiest woman is the most valuable? They certainly flock around them at church. You don't think men might have made women feel worthless if they're ugly? Have you ever looked at cultural norms when you formulate theories such as this?

Surely what people - male and female - are really looking for is love, and it's that empty place that can only be filled with God's love that drives. But we drink from broken cisterns.

Men might not like the taste of the lipstick, but the "painted lady" appears to have some magic.

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44695
01/12/02 10:57 PM
01/12/02 10:57 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
David posted:

quote:

My only real concern is that we don't jump to conclusions about people who are still developing and growing, and have not reached the same place as us.

I completely agree with the above statement.

We are all at different levels of Jacob's ladder on our climb towards the Kingdom of God.

Let us discuss these issues, yes, however, let us also respect the person's convictions on this and other similar topics, and leave it to the Holy Spirit to do the rest.

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44696
01/13/02 02:47 AM
01/13/02 02:47 AM
C
Chantale Bérubé  Offline OP
Fredericton, NB, Canada
As I was reading to posts above i was kinda of disapointed. I didn't start this topic for everyone to insult or juge or make comments about people who wear make up. I started this topic because i want to find answers and right now almost everyone is trowing in they're thoughts or convictions. I find it really sad that the only thing that's going on in my eyes in critism.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Chantale Bérubé ]

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44697
01/13/02 02:48 AM
01/13/02 02:48 AM
C
Chantale Bérubé  Offline OP
Fredericton, NB, Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Chantale Bérubé:
As I was reading to posts above i was kinda of disapointed. I didn't start this topic for everyone to insult or juge or make comments about poeple who wear make up. I started this topic because i want to find answers and right now almos evryone is trowing in there thoughts or convictions. I find it really sad that the only thing that's going on in my eyes, in this topic, is critism.
Anyways, that's what i had to say.

Re: What's up with Make up? I need some answers! #44698
01/13/02 06:00 AM
01/13/02 06:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Zyph

Just wanted to say, I agree with your last sentence.

I know some ladies who are heavy on the make up; but the are more Christian than others, in the church, who wear none.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/19/24 01:25 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!