HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,069 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44708
01/20/02 02:17 AM
01/20/02 02:17 AM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
Jesus paid the penalty for all our sins. God punished Him instead of mankind. Why didn't it therefore end at the cross? Why 2,000 more years of heartache and suffering?

In fact, why couldn't Jesus have been killed in Eden, after sin entered, and then only those who instigated sin on this planet would have suffered the consequences?

I have my own answers to this question, but I'd be very interested to hear from others.

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44709
01/23/02 07:10 AM
01/23/02 07:10 AM
G
Greg Goodchild  Offline
Placerville, CA
Zyph:
Good question. I think that the chapter "It is Finished" probably gives the most answers for my mind.

Apparently to the mind of God things had to work out in the way it did to fully reveal the principles of sin and righteousness. Apparently things had to develop so that we could see sin and see how God, and even satan, responded to the various components of life and salvation.

We who have all the Bible and all the history of the Bible should have an easier response because we can "see". Right? Never the less it is difficult for us to respond even with all the light we have.

It seems also that Jesus would be enough but God's ways mandate that we have to get involved to. We must play our role in the great controversy both to reveal truth and to have the experience of overcoming for ourselves.

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44710
01/23/02 01:46 PM
01/23/02 01:46 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
The Atonement of Jesus Christ on our behalf, includes the entire service of the sanctuary. The Courtyard, where the lamb [Jesus] died and [shedding of Blood] shed the blood, must also be sprinkled on our behalf. maybe the folloing will help and if you read the entire chapter, is very explained and made easy to understand.-BC- GC11

The Great Controversy--- Facing Life's Record
-PG- 489
The intercession of Christ in man's behalf in the sanctuary above is as essential to the plan of salvation as was His death upon the cross. By His death He began that work which after His resurrection He ascended to complete in heaven.
We must by faith enter within the veil, "whither the forerunner is for us entered." Hebrews 6:20. There the light from the cross of Calvary is reflected. There we may gain a clearer insight into the mysteries of redemption. The salvation
of man is accomplished at an infinite expense to heaven; the sacrifice made is equal to the broadest demands of the broken law of God. Jesus has opened the way to the Father's throne, and through His mediation the sincere desire of all
who come to Him in faith may be presented before God."

Also the Chapter on the Sanctuary might add much light.

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44711
01/24/02 10:25 AM
01/24/02 10:25 AM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
I believe that Ellen White was a prophet of God. But this forum is open to all readers. The sanctuary probably contains some answers, but I suspect we look for symbols to support our own ideas sometimes, and I've seen disagreement about what certain things mean. Are there other scriptures or passages of scripture which directly apply?

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44712
01/24/02 01:46 PM
01/24/02 01:46 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
The Sanctuary message was to be understood and shared with the world by the Seventh Day Adventist church. This is the foundational pillar of this church. The Sanctuary is refered to through out the Bible, and much is found in Lev: 16; hebrews:6.

The understanding of the symbols in the sancturary is vital to our salvation, the message is the Gospel in Symbols. The SDAs are the only ones that have the true meaning of these services and they were established by the Holy Spirit through the Pioneers of the church. What Ellen White has to write on the subject is very important to this subject. And it is all in the Bible.

God is good

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44713
01/24/02 03:32 PM
01/24/02 03:32 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Deep question.

Some of which only God will be able to explain, the real work here below is to find out what God has revealed in this matter.

Ok, it might help to clearly define the question(s) .

Then What is the big picture ?

After all this is God, sin, eternal life, eternal death, Earth & the universe involved . God is Daddy to the whole universe and all it's ramifications.

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44714
01/28/02 03:38 AM
01/28/02 03:38 AM
G
Greg Goodchild  Offline
Placerville, CA
Zyph:
I guess you will have to put your answers on the board and see what we think of them.

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44715
01/28/02 08:05 PM
01/28/02 08:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Zyph

Please...take some of our Alberta cold for your nice sunny warmth, "down under." Minus 32 celsius is a bit cold for me!

I have something to say that has been really meaningful; and I would value your thoughts/opinions on it.

I have often asked a similar question: why didn't it all end at the cross; or why wasn't the cross enough?

I have grown to look at this from the Isa.53 perspective.

It did not end at the cross, because "by His stripes, we are healed."

I will leave it at that for now, and see what develops.

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44716
01/28/02 09:11 PM
01/28/02 09:11 PM
zyph  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Australia
Hi, David!
My head is full of cotton wool, as Dora would say, this morning. Remembering the steps required to have a shower might be the biggest challenge on my agenda, followed by remembering the way to work, this morning. But I wanted you to know I saw your post, and will respond eventually.

I don't understand why people live in inhospitable environments, honestly. You should move to sunny Queensland (my state), where your children could toboggan down sand dunes, and be bitten by the most poisonous spiders, snakes, and jellyfish in the world!

Re: Why Wasn't the Cross Enough? #44717
01/28/02 11:41 PM
01/28/02 11:41 PM
A
adventbeliever  Offline
Abbotsford B.C. Canada
"It was God's purpose to place things on an eternal basis of security, and in the councils of Heaven it was decided that time must be given for Satan to develop the principles which were the foundation of his system and government. He had claimed that these were superior to God's principles. Time was given for the working of Satan's principles, that they might be seen by the heavenly universe.

"Satan led men into sin, and the plan of redemption was put in operation. For four thousand years, Christ was working for man's uplifting, and Satan for his ruin and degradation. And the heavenly universe beheld it all.

"Not until the death of Christ was the character of Satan clearly revealed to the angels or to the unfallen worlds. The archapostate had so clothed himself with deception that even holy beings had not understood his principles. They had not clearly seen the nature of his rebellion." D.A.759,758.

What the angels and the unfallen worlds understood at the cross is little understood by mankind. That explains why time has elapsed. During the loud cry the earth will be lightened with the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. Then the end of probation will come!

This light was to shine ater 1844 but because of unbelief the work was delayed. G.C.457,458. Again in 1888 there came another opportunity and again in 1901, but the beginning of that light which was to lighten the earth with its glory was resisted by the action of our own brethren (1 S.M.234,235) and kept away from the world in a large degree! T.M.96,97.

So time has continued. But a time is coming, and it may be even now, for the light to shine and the earth will be lightened with the knowledge of the goodness and mercy of God and Satan's principles will be exposed for what they really are!

God will have an army of believers who will be as fair as the moon and as bright as the sun! "The whole earth, wrapped as it is in the darkness of sins, and sorrow, and pain, is to be lighted with the knowledge of God's love. From no sect, rank, or class of people is the light shining from heaven's throne to be excluded." C.O.L.418.

"The wealth of His mercy, His love, His grace, is to appear in full and final display." T.M.18.

"The divine fullness will flow from the consecrated human agent, to be given forth to others... The revelation of His own glory in the form of humanity will bring Heaven so near to men that the beauty adorning the inner temple will be seen in every soul in whom the Savior dwells. Men will be captivated by the glory of an abiding Christ. And in currents of praise and thanksgiving, from the many souls thus won to God, glory will flow back to the great Giver." C.O.L.420.

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: adventbeliever ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!