HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The meaning of Life? #48620
01/20/01 04:37 AM
01/20/01 04:37 AM
F
FrogSLG  Offline OP
Ohio, Columbus, USA
Hi I'm kind of new at this, so please bare with me. These two questions have been running around in my brain recently and I was wondering what other people though about them and get some more opinions on them.

First What is the meaning of life for Christians on earth before Jesus Comes again?

Second How do you life that meaning out on a day to day basis? or in other words how do you put the meaning of life into practice in your own life?

Thanks for your help.
SLG

Re: The meaning of Life? #48621
01/20/01 01:21 PM
01/20/01 01:21 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Hi FrogSLG

I am just over in Zanesville & my e-mail is edandlindasutton@y-city.net . Give me a "call" soon. Let me try to answer those two questions by how they were answered for me as a kid walking by myself on a side walk & as an adult and SDA.

1. What is the meaning of life for Christians on earth before Jesus Comes again?

2. How do you live that meaning out on a day to day basis? or in other words how do you put the meaning of life into practice in your own life?

1. I exist because God has waited all eternity to create me. He has dreamed about me forever and loves me even while I am still a dream in His mind - not even made yet. Part of His dream is my loving Him back & us being together for always.

I exist as me & not someone else because God knows all about me and knows I would be happiest as me, so that's who I am - me .

I exist now because God looked over all eternity to see when would be best for me and when I would be happiest to exist - so I am here now .

The meaning of life for Christians here on Earth before Jesus comes. Life's purpose or meaning - become as much like Jesus as possible and help as many as possible to do the same. Imitate Jesus to them so they will believe He is as real for them as He is for you. Devour the Bible & SOP to get His Spirit & Life within you to use to help and bless others and help them learn how to get closer to Jesus than you are and follow His Eternal & present Truths for this generation.

This life is the calling and refining and preperation and helping and tutoring time.

God calls & a person responds and becomes a Christian. God gives helps and the tools of refining and preperation (Bible & SOP empowered by His Spirit, trials, temptations, circumstances, tests, and He tutors each person as they ask Him to.

The work of transformation from unholiness to holiness is a continuous one. Day by day God labors for man's sanctification, and man is to co-operate with Him, putting forth persevering efforts in the cultivation of right habits. He is to add grace to grace; and as he thus works on the plan of addition, God works for him on the plan of multiplication. Our Saviour is always ready to hear and answer the prayer of the contrite heart, and grace and peace are multiplied to His faithful ones. Gladly He grants them the blessings they need in their struggle against the evils that beset them. {AA 532.2}
There are those who attempt to ascend the ladder of Christian progress; but as they advance they begin to put their trust in the power of man, and soon lose sight of Jesus,
the Author and Finisher of their faith. The result is failure-- the loss of all that has been gained. Sad indeed is the condition of those who, becoming weary of the way, allow the enemy of souls to rob them of the Christian graces that have been developing in their hearts and lives. "He that lacketh these things," declares the apostle, "is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." {AA 532.3}

In the first chapter of Second Peter is presented the progressive work in the Christian life. The whole chapter is a lesson of deep importance. If man, in acquiring the Christian graces, works on the plan of addition, God has pledged Himself to work in his behalf upon the plan of multiplication. "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord." 2 Peter 1:2. The work is laid out before every soul that has acknowledged his faith in Jesus Christ by baptism. {FLB 146.5}

If we are true to our vow, there is opened to us a door of communication with heaven--a door that no human hand or satanic agency can close. {FLB 146.6}

Chap. 225 - Changed by Beholding

We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor. 3:18. {AG 233.1}
The work of transformation from unholiness is a continuous one. Day by day God labors for man's sanctification, and man is to co-operate with Him, putting forth persevering efforts in the cultivation of right habits. He is to add grace to grace; and as he thus works on the plan of addition, God works for him on the plan of multiplication. Our Saviour is always ready to hear and answer the prayer of the contrite heart, and grace and peace are multiplied to His faithful ones. Gladly He grants them the blessings they need in their struggle against the evils that beset them. {AG 233.2}
John and Judas are representatives of those who profess to be Christ's followers. Both these disciples had the same opportunities to study and follow the divine Pattern. Both were closely associated with Jesus and were privileged to listen to His teaching. Each possessed serious defects of character; and each had access to the divine grace that transforms character. But while one in humility was learning of Jesus, the other revealed that he was not a doer of the Word, but a hearer only. One, daily dying to self and overcoming sin, was sanctified through the truth; the other, resisting the transforming power of grace and indulging selfish desires, was brought into bondage to Satan. {AG 233.3}
Such transformation of character as is seen in the life of John is ever the result of communion with Christ. There may be marked defects in the character of an individual, yet when he becomes a true disciple of Christ, the power of divine grace transforms and sanctifies him. Beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, he is changed from glory to glory, until he is like Him whom he adores. . . . {AG 233.4}
God can be honored by those who profess to believe in Him, only as they are conformed to His image and controlled by His Spirit. Then, as witnesses for the Saviour, they may make known what divine grace has done for them. {AG 233.5}

Could it be that on planet Earth our purpose is to Honor God - to Biblically fear Him and reflect His character to the universe ?

2. In regards to question two, if you have an EGW CD ROM Disk like Library Edition or Legacy of Light Research Edition - use them to pull these two things up as a start.

If not, use the EGW White Estate website SOP search engine to pull these things up.
http://www.ellenwhite.com/search/search.asp

(SC)Steps to Christ & (PCP)Peter's Counsel to Parents (1981). Never leave the basics - continue to build on them.

Memorize and engraft Scripture & ASK JESUS TO TUTOR YOU PERSONALLY. He will be glad to & send others to help you too. Become a resource person & help to others. Teach what you learn, however small & God will cause you to grow up in Him.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

[This message has been edited by Edward F Sutton (edited January 20, 2001).]

Re: The meaning of Life? #48622
03/10/01 04:30 AM
03/10/01 04:30 AM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
quote:
Originally posted by FrogSLG:
First What is the meaning of life for Christians on earth before Jesus Comes again?

I have been giving this question some serious consideration in recent weeks. I think that the meaning of life for Christians now is to spread the gospel. To share Christ with all that we come into contact with - whether by example or by word or deed. Our life is Christ's and He spent His entire ministry reaching people, touching them and helping them. That should also be our mission. We work, walk and live in a mission field, but we don't always treat it as such.

quote:
Second How do you life that meaning out on a day to day basis? or in other words how do you put the meaning of life into practice in your own life?

This is where it gets difficult. First of all, I think that in order to fulfill our mission, we need to get in touch with our Master on a regular basis. The books I've been reading lately suggest morning and evening - not just once but twice a day. We can do nothing without the Source of our help! As we continually connect with Jesus, our thoughts will more and more turn to Him and our lives will change naturally - "by beholding we become changed".

I also suggest listening to music that lifts your thoughts to Christ. I had to smile yesterday. We used to play all kinds of music at home, light rock, country, folk, oldies, christian, classical - you name it. My husband has goofy songs, etc. However, lately we are playing mostly classical and gospel music and as my husband was doing things around the house last night he was whistling a hymn. When we got married, he didn't even know this hymn, but now it is on his mind instead of the others that he used to sing, hum or whistle as he worked. What we hear and see affects us. It changes us. I think that we should be very careful what we allow into our minds - especially if we have the choice in the matter!

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!