HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,636
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,454 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What is your Ministry? #48851
01/12/02 01:48 PM
01/12/02 01:48 PM
D
DrD  Offline
USA
Lets see, why would Jonah not enjoy his ministry. Could it be because he did not want to do it? He did what he could to avoid it? He did not understand it? The story of Jonah is not completed in the book of Jonah, nor anywhere else as far as I can tell. However, the last chapter of the book tells of the experience of Jonah in learning God's love for all mankind. What the book does not tell us is whether Jonah learned the lesson, although it is hard to believe that the book would have been written if he did not come to an understanding of what God was telling him. And I suspect that Jonah, after learning the lesson, went forth with joy in teaching God's love. I don't know what Jonah's attitude was when teaching the folk of N. that the city was going to be destroyed. Maybe he was enthusiastic. He sure was disapointed when it was not destroyed, so he must have been looking forward to the distruction. He also was very miserable when he was not fulfilling his mission, and taking a ride by fish taxi.

I suspect there are times in many ministries that the short term effect is not pleasant. Did Christ have fulfillment in his ministry, yet you know the cry from the cross.

I would stand by my suggestion, that if you are not having "fun" in your activity, you are not engaged in your God given ministry. Your definition of fun may be the key.

One more thought on Jonah. We too often ignore the last chapter of the book. I believe the real lesson of the book is in the last chapter. If we could understand the message from God presented there, we would be a more loving, accepting and inclusive people. We would be less interested in condeming others and less pleased in destroying them with words and actions.

Therefore "go forth" with your ministry, and may your mode of transportation not be by fish, real or otherwise.

Re: What is your Ministry? #48852
01/12/02 10:31 PM
01/12/02 10:31 PM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
Chantale, that's a wonderful thing to do. And particularly with former members. Too often they are forgotten. But God still loves them.

Gerry - how would you follow your suggestions on MSDAOL? And what about those you don't love?

DrD - good response. And I agree about the lesson contained in the last book of Jonah. There is also a lesson in the earlier books. Do you think God keeps dragging us back to the area in which He wants us to minister? I can see a pattern in my working life. I wonder if you and others have a similar experience?

Re: What is your Ministry? #48853
01/14/02 05:31 AM
01/14/02 05:31 AM
B
BELLE  Offline
Posting New Member
Canada
I haven't been here for some weeks and it's funny that this thread has come just when I was thinking about my strange ministry.

Besides being treasurer and playing the organ and teaching adult classes I feel my fun ministries are outside of the church.

I have a special nack of getting people to open up and talk their thoughts, not pry, just show a sincere interest. Through this people have felt free to ask me to pray for them etc.

The other one is a humor ministry. It came in my lap accidentally. When I went on line an acquaintance who had been trying to get me to join a chat, said she would send me a joke each day if it was fit to repeat. Of course, I had to start passing them on and it has opened up a different set of close friends who also feel free to ask me to pray for their needs. It's neat.

Re: What is your Ministry? #48854
01/15/02 10:47 PM
01/15/02 10:47 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I love that God has given each of us such a variety of ministries! Isn't it amazing that He meets everyone's needs using each of us in a different way.

I agree that we need to enjoy our ministries. My God is not a tormenting God and would not force us into a place that we would be miserable in! Jonah, I believe, came to enjoy his ministry, and I think he enjoyed it before. I do not think that his problem was that he didn't enjoy his ministry, but rather that he had a vendetta against Ninevah and knew that if they repented God would not destroy them, he also must have had some experience in knowing that God was effective in the way He wanted Jonah to pass along the message since Jonah seemed to highly suspect that the people of Nineveh would change their ways (since he ran away as he did). Jonah's problem was not necessarily that he did not enjoy his ministry, but rather that he did not like the people God needed him to minister to!

May we remember that sometimes God will call us to minister to people that we do not like but we need to do His work regardless of our own personal feelings - and in fact realize that we are to love all mankind, not just the select few that we get along with!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!