HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49201
02/04/04 01:36 PM
02/04/04 01:36 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Avalee.

We both agree that a man might enter heaven only when he is spotless and sinless, because sin and sinner can not live in heaven and see God. I had presented all the time that God is going to abolish sin and sinners forever from his universe.

We also agree that no man might live perfectly sinless ever since the day he was reborn in Christ, either for those who were under the law and those who were not.

What differs between us, is, the way we become righteous and perfect that allows us to enter heaven and see God.

You believe that through faith in Christ and a walk after the Spirit that is expressed in works of obedience to the Ten Commandments, you might come to the level of righteousness that is sinless and perfect, to allow you to enter heaven. This, according to me, is a mixing of our effort to be righteous through our faith in Christ.

I believe that through faith in Christ and a walk after the Spirit, I would be made righteous and perfect. This, according to me is pure faith. I just choose to believe this and walked in the path of the Spirit.

You are under the law with the obligation to keep and obey the Ten Commandments that would stand as God’s standard of judgment and righteousness, and I don’t, I am under grace and love is God’s law of judgment and righteousness.

The Gospel told me, that if I desire to come under the law, I will come under the law’s jurisdiction and judgment, where there are only two choices for me: to be justified by the law or to be condemned.

If I am justified by the law, I fell away from grace and Christ means nothing to me, he died in vain.

If I am condemned by the law, no one can help me for I stand alone in the judgment; fell away from grace and Christ means nothing to me.

Therefore, based on this view, which I believe is the teaching of the Gospel I had studied, I would not come under the law’s jurisdiction and its obligation to keep and obey the Ten Commandments. This is in harmony with what Paul said in Galatians 3:21-25, and Paul too was not under the law.

Until you or anybody else can convince me with bible support only, that we must come under the Ten Commandments’ jurisdiction and obliged to keep and obey the law, I will maintain my view that what people of nowadays believe and taught by the church has no basic.

In His love

James S.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49202
02/04/04 01:45 PM
02/04/04 01:45 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Daryl said:

Faith plus the resulting works of obedience = Living Faith.

Faith minus the resulting works of obedience = Dead Faith.

Unquote.

I disagree, for the Gospel told me that: Faith + fruits of the Spirit = living faith
Faith minus fruits of the Spirit is dead faith.

Works of obedience to the law is not fruits of the Spirit but deeds of the flesh, for it is your own desire to come under the law, to keep and obey the law, it is not the Spirit desire.

In His love

James S.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49203
02/05/04 04:24 AM
02/05/04 04:24 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by James Saptenno:
Avalee.

If you really study the bible you would find out that God didn’t ask you to obey his Ten Commandments, but to love him. You will find out that to follow in the footsteps of Christ is not to come under the jurisdiction of the Ten Commandments as he was but to love your neighbor as yourself.

Find it!

In His love

James S.

Praise God I will not dishonor God by believing such falsehoods James that you teach. I study my Bible everyday, and the Bible does not teach what you are saying. Because I love God and follow in Jesus footsteps I in faith believe in the Ten Commandments and I believe that they are still binding today. Yes we will love our neighbor as ourself..which is following the Ten Commandments. The last 6...the first 4 is showing our love and obedience to God. They are not grievious, but are to those who do not want to completely gives themselves to the Creator.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

There it is plain as day. If you do not realy love Jesus you will not keep the commandments. You can not get any plainer than this.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49204
02/05/04 04:50 AM
02/05/04 04:50 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
If after reading this little booklet on the Law of God by Joe Crews does not help those who continue to belive a lie than I really do not believe there is much more to say. Time is to short to be playing these games. Just which one of the Ten Commandments do you not like?

Does God's Grace Blot Out The Law?

2 Th 2:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

1 John 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Here is another little book by the same author. Praise God He has those faithful followers who teach the truth to those in darkness. Amen
Why The Old Covenant Failed

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49205
02/04/04 05:39 PM
02/04/04 05:39 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
James,

quote:

James 2:18
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Looks like this goes against your false doctrine James. You do violence against the Word of God

God Bless,
Will

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49206
02/04/04 05:42 PM
02/04/04 05:42 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
James,

quote:

James 2:10-12
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Can you elaborate on the above verses from James 2:10-12. What is being said here?

God Bless,
Will

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49207
02/04/04 05:53 PM
02/04/04 05:53 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
James,

quote:

James 2:10-12
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Can you elaborate on the above verses from James 2:10-12. What is being said here?

God Bless,
Will

Will thank you for sharing the truth in this scripture. This scripture is very plain in what it says. Amen Verse 11 plainly tells us what law it is talking about. The scripures are so plain even a child shall understand.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49208
02/05/04 01:09 AM
02/05/04 01:09 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Will, to add further to what we´ve said so far I´d like to point out that the growth we experience after we are born again was demonstrated by Jesus as He grew in knowledge and matured in the fruit of the Spirit. It has nothing to do with sinning and repenting or discovering unknown moral imperfections.

Sinning and repenting can and does happen after we´re born again but it isn´t part of growing in grace. The purpose of grace is to enable us to live without sinning. Any and all known sins we commit after we´re born again is unnecessary. Why? Because God will not allow us to be tempted above His ability to empower us to recognize and resist it unto His honor and glory. 1 Cor 10;13.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49209
02/05/04 03:42 AM
02/05/04 03:42 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes, 1 Corinthians 10:13 does say that:

quote:

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

God allows us to be tempted, but not beyond our own strength to overcome it.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49210
02/05/04 04:02 AM
02/05/04 04:02 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi Mike,
So far I understand what you are saying and agree. What do you mean by:
quote:

. Any and all known sins we commit after we´re born again is unnecessary. Why? Because God will not allow us to be tempted above His ability to empower us to recognize and resist it unto His honor and glory. 1 Cor 10;13.

The reason I ask is because there are times I have sinned.. many times and this is after I was baptized many years ago.
I do recognize that it was my lack of faith and thinking 'I can handle this' in which case I fall on my face.
Does that mean I have blashphemed the Holy Spirit. It hasn't happened on just one occassion either. I could go for a few months 'smooth sailing' and placing my trust in God even when I feel I am about to break down, and then all of a sudden I do something stupid by entertaining the thought and then BAM! I messed up.. It really gets to me, but I pray for strength and ask for forgiveness.
Any thoughts on this?
God Bless,
Will

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!