HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,636
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,466 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49519
04/02/05 08:04 AM
04/02/05 08:04 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Daryl Fawcett:
Yes, Jesus Christ is obviously the focal point of the SDA Church, both in the church and in the home.

Some people, however, think that Ellen White is the focal point of the SDA Church. How would you respond to that allegation?

Darryl,

Why not answere them with an appropriate EW quote? [Razz]

What about the cases when it seems like "by two or three quotes by EW shall all things be judged"? This seems to happen at this forum from time to time...

/Thomas

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49520
04/02/05 05:58 PM
04/02/05 05:58 PM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff:
As for the “spirituality of the SDA Church” being governed completely by the perspective of EGW, I’d like for this point to be clarified before I comment further. How do you mean this? Please define “spirituality” as you mean it for Adventists.

Those "truths" that the SDA Church currently holds to be truth have been first " ratified " by the testimony of EGW.

If any new truth/perspective is presented to the Church for review, it is immediately compared to the "perspective" presented of EGW as to its validity. If it agrees with her "perspective", then it is accepted as "Truth"....If it disagrees with her "perspective", even in the smallest detail, then it is rejected as "false".

Example: When did the "War in Heaven" take place whereby Satan was banished to this earth?

The Bible clearly shows the "War in Heaven" as taking place after Christ ascended to Heaven..See Revelation 12.

EGW states that the "War in Heaven" took place at a time closely after Satan sinned.

The SDA church accepts this "perspective" as "Truth" even though there is no other Biblical reference to support it.

The "spirituality" of the SDA Church is governed by the "perspective" of EGW.

Just look through the different threads on this forum. Almost all participants who are vigorously defended current SDA doctrines/beliefs/truths use quotes from EGW to support their positions.

Secondly, I have not come across anyone who has ventured to state that they believe as they do, because God, through the " direct influence" of His Holy Spirit has shown them what is Truth. Mostly they refer to EGW as the authority because she was supposed to have received her "perspective" from God.

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49521
04/02/05 07:13 PM
04/02/05 07:13 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Is that how you keep the Sabbath Holy Thomas by teasing people and mocking them?
God Bless & Happy Sabbath,
-Willy

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49522
04/02/05 07:21 PM
04/02/05 07:21 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Bob,
You know what is interesting. A very long time I admired people who could tell me about Jesus from the Bible. Always wondered at where they got the skill to be able to preach such a wonderful message.
Mind you I would read my Bible once in a while when I got bored, and went to church once in a while, as I prefered to do other things that are not Christian.
One night I decided to read whatever pages in Revelation, and thats where I read about the war in heaven, but the more I read it and came to the part where the angel said woe to the inhabitants of the earth a light bulb went off in my head. It read as if that part of Revelation did a 360 earth history wise.
I understood that the devil was in heaven as Lucifer, but he was cast out, and when he was cast out he came to the earth like the Bible says. I put 1+1 together and came to the conclusion that this is when he must have tempted Eve. No EGW goggles, no ph.d required, just a desire to learn why I was always hurting.
God Bless & Happy Sabbath.
-Will

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49523
04/02/05 07:56 PM
04/02/05 07:56 PM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
Will,

I find your commentary very interesting.

How did you conclude that there was "War in Heaven" at the time of the fall of Satan and not after "Christ's Ascension" as it is presented in Revelation 12. Please keep in mind that this is the only place in the Bible that speaks of the "War in Heaven".

I see a very clear sequence of events as presented in Revelation 12.

1. The woman with 12 stars is in labor to give birth.

2. The dragon brings his angels to this earth in an attempt to kill the child to be born.

3. The man-child is born.

4. The man-child is taken to Heaven.

5. The woman flees into the wilderness.

6. There is war in Heaven and Satan and his angels are cast out of Heaven to this earth.

7. The dragon pursues the woman in an attempt to destroy her.

The sequence is very clear and the interpretation is even clearer.

1. The woman represents Israel.

2. The dragon represents Satan and his attempts to destroy Jesus at His birth. Satan brings his angels to this earth to enter into conflict with Jesus.

3. The man-child is Jesus that was born a Jew. He lived on this earth until His mission was completed and then He ascended to Heaven to be with His Father, God.

4. After Jesus' ascension, the early Christian Church, comprised primarily of Jews experienced phenomenal growth. The Jews attempted to quell the expansion of the church, through some persecution.(Note: This persecution was of little significance in comparison to the latter persecution meted out by the Roman Empire.)

5. After Christ's ascension to Heaven, the unfallen beings understand, once and for all, the true nature of evil and there is "War in Heaven" whereby Satan and his angels are banished from Heaven to this earth.

6. Satan attempts to destroy the Christian Church through extreme persecution meted out by the Pagan Roman Empire.

This is the clear sequence that I see from the study of Revelation 12. Of course, this disagrees with your perspective and that of EGW.

The one question that I present to you is this......Which brings us back to the primary subject of this thread....

Is your perspective confirmed by the Holy Spirit or do you believe that since EGW supports it, then it must be true?

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49524
04/02/05 08:10 PM
04/02/05 08:10 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Bob,

When I was reading Revelation and read about the war in heaven, then read at how satan was cast to the earth, and how the angel said woe to the inahbitants of the earth etc etc, the devil has great wrath and all that the following came to mind.
1. Well the world does suck royally, and the hurt I am feeling has got to be the enemy's wrath.
2. The devil tempted eve so he somehow had to have come to the earth.
3. The Bible must be the Word of God!

That encompasses what I learned, and when my interest was heightened to want to be a Christian, and give my life to Christ. Its confirmed, signed sealed delivered. Anything else you want to QA and cross examine from my testimony?
God Bless and Happy Sabbath,
Will

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49525
04/02/05 08:12 PM
04/02/05 08:12 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Bob,
Jesus has held my hand and led me this far in my life and teaching me.Youre a smart man you figure it out.
Will

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49526
04/02/05 08:47 PM
04/02/05 08:47 PM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
Will,

I apologize if I have offended you by my remarks.

The point that I am trying to make is this.....

Does the SDA Church's understanding of Truth rely primarily upon the perspective presented by EGW or does it rely upon the "direct influence of Holy Spirit" to lead them into all truth?

You stated that through your own personal study of Revelation 12, which was not influenced by EGW in the least , you concluded that the "War in Heaven" took place at the time of Satan's Fall. ( I am also assuming that you had never heard anyone else present the perspective that the "War in Heaven" took place at the time of the Fall of Satan.)

As I have mentioned earlier, my understanding of the timing of the "War in Heaven" took place after "Christ's Ascension".

Now I am not questioning God's leading in your life, but I do wonder if He lead you to your current understanding of Revelation 12. I truly believe that He lead me to my current understanding of the fulfillment of this prophecy.

If you can honestly state that God lead you to your understanding of this scripture, then the only conclusion that I can arrive at is that we do not serve the same God, because God is not the "author of confusion".

One other point.....

Does the Bible state that it is the "Word of God"?

From my reading of John 1, it would appear that Jesus is the "Word of God".

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49527
04/02/05 09:02 PM
04/02/05 09:02 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Bob,
Fron what I have seen the SDA Church follows Jesus Christ, and Jesus said that He would send us His Holy Spirit to tech us. I do not see preaching Ellen White each and every Sabbath as if she were a deity. That view comes from people who are former adventists or nonadventists as was mentioned in the thread.
I cannot attend every SDA church globally, but I am speaking of the church I am am member of, and when I go away on vacation I receive a blessing for hearing the Gospel on the Seventh Day.
God Bless and Happay Sabbath,
Will

Re: Who is the Focal Point of the SDA Church? #49528
04/02/05 09:05 PM
04/02/05 09:05 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Bob,
You are right Jesus is the Word of God, and Jesus also told the Pharisees that you think you have eternal life reading this, but it testifies of Me. So when I read it I made the association that this book is inspired by God to show me Jesus Christ. I hope this has more than answered your question you had asked me.
-Will

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!