PK.594.003
Throughout the history of God's people great mountains of difficulty, apparently insurmountable, have loomed up before those who were trying to carry out the purposes of Heaven. Such obstacles are permitted by the Lord as a test of faith. When we are hedged about on every side, this is the time above all others to trust in God and in the power of His Spirit. The exercise of a living faith means an increase of spiritual strength and the development of an unfaltering trust. It is thus that the soul becomes a conquering power. Before the demand of faith, the obstacles placed by Satan across the pathway of the Christian will disappear; for the powers of heaven will come to his aid. "Nothing shall be impossible unto you." Matthew 17:20.

Do not try to tunnel under them.

Don’t try to squeeze through them.

Stand tall as a child of Christ; and CLAIM THEM.

Strengthen your spiritual sinew and muscle with God’s rich promises.

“We should NOW acquaint ourselves with God by proving His promises.” (GC 622).

Your mountains of difficulties, are God’s workmen whereby you are made strong in Christ; and you may have the experience of walking on your mountains, with holy joy, knowing that in all your past; you were on holy ground, because God is with us, Immanuel, will never forsake us.

According to the Scriptures, we can trust God, even in the darkness of our worst nightmares: Even if your enemies are within “your own house,” (Mic.7:6), you can make the claim: “Therefore will I look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me; Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy; when I fall, I shall arise, when I SIT IN DARKNESS, the Lord shall be a Light unto me.”
(Micah 7:7-8).

One is always safer with God in the dark, than without Him in the sunshine. At the end of a darkened way, there is always a precious little beam of light; and we may well say once we get to heaven that the richest and most beneficial experiences we had in this old world, were those gained from the very mountainous roads that we shrank back from in dread; for when we know and love Jesus; we will know that “all things work together for good.”

We need to keep in mind that God’s great periods of darkness, are not His goals. His roads must be traveled their length, in order for us to get some where else. Therefore, be patient brethren, unto the coming of the Lord: “Behold, the husbandman does wait for the precious fruit of the earth; and He does have long patience for it; until He receive the early and the latter rain.” (James 5:7).

DA.431.003
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed," said Jesus, "ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove." Though the grain of mustard seed is so small, it contains that same mysterious life principle which produces growth in the loftiest tree. When the mustard seed is cast into the ground, the tiny germ lays hold of every element that God has provided for its nutriment, and it speedily develops a sturdy growth. If you have faith like this, you will lay hold upon God's word, and upon all the helpful agencies He has appointed. Thus your faith will strengthen, and will bring to your aid the power of heaven. The obstacles that are piled by Satan across your path, though apparently as insurmountable as the eternal hills, shall disappear before the demand of faith. "Nothing shall be impossible unto you."