HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53301
07/31/01 07:20 PM
07/31/01 07:20 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Somebody discovered an injured black or mallard duck on the beach at our camomeeting campgrounds. They brought it to just outside the other side of the auditorium where it was treated with some bread and the presence of several hovering around it, both of which was detrimental to the duck's survival.

I spoke to somebody from Wildlife Services and the duck was later transported to a location where they picked it up and took proper care of it.

We trust the duck will recover as it seems that all it had was an injured wing.

Daryl

From the Camp Pugwash Campmeeting Campgrounds.

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53302
08/04/01 08:11 AM
08/04/01 08:11 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
Here in our City we have an Animal and Bird Hospital where we can take any injured wildlife. I have often picked up injured animals and birds. Once I observed a Council truck drive straight through 2 large gulls on the road, never even stopped. One killed outright and the other injured, fortunately only 5 min away from the Hospital.
Quite often in the Spring young fledgings, unable to fly properly and easy prey to cats are rescued. The hospital has contacts all over the city who take the injured in till they are well enough to be released again.

Another time I observed 2 youth drive through a family of ducklings on the Motorway. I was able to turn around and chase them, tell them what I thought of their callous cruel action and rescue what was left of the family.

I can never drive past that spot without remembering.

Zita

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53303
12/01/01 05:48 AM
12/01/01 05:48 AM
H
Helmut Eichman  Offline
Posting New Member
Connecticut
How good it is that there are people who love the birds and want to help them with health. This is what Jesus would do I am sure. He sees the birds fall and then is happy when a person picks them up. He is relieved, I think.

Helmut Eichman

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53304
12/01/01 07:34 AM
12/01/01 07:34 AM
Zita  Offline
Nice to meet you Helmut, and thank you for joining us here. I hope you visit often.

Our front page of the newspaper this week showed a couple of men and a burnt sheep called Girl.

It happened at 4am, the neighbour noticed what he thought was a torch being shone at his neighbours sheep that was tethered and grazing on the side of the road. He went out to investigate, and the sheep went up in flames. He quickly ran for a bucket of water and extinguished the fire.
Fortunately for Girl, she was singed but otherwise unhurt.
An 18 year old had poured petrol on it's back and set it alight.
It was fortunate that the neighbour was up and looking out and able to rescue it.

Yes, God is pleased when we rescue his creation when they are in trouble.

Joy and Peace
Zita

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53305
12/03/01 07:00 PM
12/03/01 07:00 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
God is also sad when He also sees what people are doing to His created beings such as what was done to that sheep.

I look forward to the day when the lion shall lie down with the lamb.
I also look forward when His people shall also lie down with the lion and the lamb.

Daryl

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53306
10/02/02 09:02 AM
10/02/02 09:02 AM
Zita  Offline
I stared at the morning's Press headlines in disbelief, and then in outrage.
The headlines read - Dismay as birds bashed -

Five of the world's rarest birds have been beaten to death at a Christchurch wildlife reserve in a "devestating" setback for conservation efforts.
Police say one or more people broke into the Isaac Wildlife Refuge on Sunday night and used a solid object to bash two black stilts, two shore plovers, and a Campbell Island Teal.

These can be viewed on the NZ birds section on this site.

The dead birds were discovered yesterday and the refuge and police are at a loss to find a motive. Each of the three species targeted are listed as "critically endangered" and were part of important breeding programns.
"It's absolutely devestating - I'm really shattered," Isaac refuge curator Anne Richardson said.
"The black stilts are our biggest loss because they were our best breeding pair. They had just begun to nest and were ready to breed."
The Isaac refuge is the only body outside the Department of Conservation to breed black stilts for release into the wild, and has been doing so for the last 6 years.
Besides being the best breeding pair at the reserve, the two black stilts were two of only three pairs in captivity. About 84 are left in the wild and 25 adults in captivity.
The Campbell Island teal, the world's rarest duck, was one of only about 30 left in the wild, and about 80 in captivity.
DOC recovery team leader Pete said the loss of the teal was a "real pity" when there were plans to reintroduce the species to Campbell Island in two years.
Less than 200 shore plovers remain. The pair killed were die to be released into the wild.
"Any loss is a serious one."
The birds were found "smashed up real bad. The female (black stilt) was left with one leg in four pieces and the male's leg was broken as well."
The refuge is hidden away among dusty gravel pits near the airport. The padlock and latch had been ripped open to gain entry to the aviary where the birds were kept.

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53307
10/02/02 01:08 PM
10/02/02 01:08 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It takes really sick people to to something like that, and it makes me angry.

I hope they are caught.

One thing for certain, the Lord knows who they are.

After saying all that, we need to pray for these people as they also need to come to a knowledge of His love, mercy, and forgiveness.

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53308
10/04/02 08:08 AM
10/04/02 08:08 AM
Zita  Offline
I will let you know if they are. All they have is one footprint to go by.

These days the minds of our young people are so distorted with grugs, the are capable of doing anything. And they have to carry out their acts of cruelty under the cover of darkness.

Re: Injured Black Or Mallard Duck #53309
10/26/02 06:47 AM
10/26/02 06:47 AM
Zita  Offline
There have been absolutely no leads on whoever broke into the bird sanctuary and didi their work of devestation.

Needless to say the secruity has been beefed up outtthere.

I was sitting at my computer this afternoon when I heard a bird squarking, lookined out the window and there was the neighbours cat with a starling in it's mouth.

I ran outside and disturbed the cat, so the bird got away. Picked up the cat and took it back to it's properity and told it not to bother coming back as I would be watching!
I had hardly seated myself at the computer when there it was, sniffing the grass where it had been disturbed. So I went and let the dogs out. Only have to say 'cats' and they know what to do.
One cat went flying home.
I checked all around and couldn't find the young fledging, so again went inside.
10 min later I here more squarking, and again the neighbours cat had the same bird!
I made a dive for the front door, the dogs ran out the back door - only problem was the gate was shut!, but the made so much noise the cat dropped it and ran home.
This time I located the bird, took it to the tree that would take it back up to the roof where it's nest is. There was no sign of the parents, so I would say they had done their dash for the season and left their babies to fend for themselves. It's beak was fully developed, but the sings were not, so had difficulity flying up off the ground.
Bit like the Plane we watched taking off at the airport this week. Singapore Airlines, they are so huge, it seemed to take forever to get off the ground.

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!