HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,315 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Life lists #53363
03/19/02 09:07 AM
03/19/02 09:07 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
Amelia, that little bird is GLORIOUS!!! Thank you so much for the picture. And thanks, Daryl for putting the pictures directly on here. What other gorgeous birds are you people hiding??

Zita, I love your stories about the little birds. I think your aviary must be a happy place. If I owned my own house I'd like some sort of aviary, although a hen house would get priority. I LOVE chooks!

Re: Life lists #53364
03/29/02 03:26 PM
03/29/02 03:26 PM
Amelia  Offline
Portland,Oregon USA
PET PEEVE: Why oh why must the robins wake at 3:30AM? The sun is not even up for goodness sake. Now we do sleep with the windows open all year round, so that has something to do with it. But boy are they loud!

I saw the my first hive of ants swarming yesterday. It was a warmish day but they are early for a swarm. I also had a hatch of slugs sliming the lid to the hot tub. YUCK, nasty little buggers. I went out and salted them. I know, not nice. Every year those slimers snarf my artic bluebells before they can bloom. Now I really need to get out and mow the lawn.

Amelia

Re: Life lists #53365
03/29/02 07:59 PM
03/29/02 07:59 PM
mikk  Offline
NSW, Australia
Thanks for all the bird pics. It makes the postings much more interesting to actually see what the birds look like that are being described. Zita or Daryl could you please tell us all the correct way to get pics up in our posts? Or should we just send the pics to you and let you 'worry' about the tech details? Also would it be possible to put up VERY SMALL sound files of bird songs? Maybe a small .wav file? Right now the kookaburras are having a great morning laugh outside my window. A wonderful sound to hear when you first wake up!
We've had quite a lot of rain lately so the autumn flowers are blossoming profusely. That has brought lots of honey-eating birds round. The noisiest of the lot are the musk lorikeets, and since they move around in quite large flocks they make a great deal of noise. A bee-keeping friend of mine warned me not to depend on the amount of noise they make as an indication of the amount of honey available! They're just noisy!!

Re: Life lists #53366
03/31/02 05:21 AM
03/31/02 05:21 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
That sounds a lovely idea for this site. Daryl would be the one to arrange it.

I was up in the bush this morning enjoying the bellbirds.

Birds are so glorious with their different songs.

Re: Life lists #53367
03/31/02 12:46 PM
03/31/02 12:46 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Somebody send me a small.wav file and I will see what I can do.

Re: Life lists #53368
03/31/02 12:58 PM
03/31/02 12:58 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
How to get a picture in a post?

Here is the picture provided in an earlier post:

Here is how it was done (with a space at the beginning so you can see it):

< img src="http://www.xmission.com/~cldavis/flickernky.jpg">

As long as you have a link to a site containing a picture, you can do it this way.

Re: Life lists #53369
04/03/02 03:46 AM
04/03/02 03:46 AM
B
BELLE  Offline OP
Posting New Member
Canada
It was said:

"Our city never pays for anything in the neighbourhoods. We have these huge elm trees that are protected under law. As a homeowner, if you have an elm on your property you cant do anything to it without city permission and permits.

Talking about city providing trees in the green space; they redid the front of my mom's house years ago and came around to each house and gave them a choice of 3 or 4 trees to have them plant in front for us.

When the trees got planted it turned out they were all the same - soft maple trees and not the variety they had promised. I don't know who got the more interresting ones. None of the neighbors had chosen that maple.

Re: Life lists #53370
04/03/02 04:13 AM
04/03/02 04:13 AM
D
Dora  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
USA
Daryl,
Ever since you did your post about your budgie bird I have intended to do this: About 3 years ago my grandaughter got a budgie for her birthday.
It is pale blue and white, and looks so adorable that she named it Snuggles. That is an OK name for her if she is with the right person, but, that is only two people, my daughter and grandaughter. It cuddles down under my grandaughter's long hair on her shoulder, and she can just walk around with her there. When I was visiting in MI last year, they were playing with her, and, both would hold Snuggles on their fingers and ask her for a kiss, as they put their face near hers. She would put her tiny beak against their lips ever so delicately. I decided to try the same thing, she turned her head one way, then the other, and promptly bit me..hard!! I felt that she almost took my bottom lip off! I sure learned my lesson!

When she is out of the cage, no one worries too much, although there are two cats and two dogs in the house. The cats wouldn't dare get close to her, and, the only way either of the dogs would hurt her is when she tries to steal their food. they don't snap her, but will use their feet, so might hurt her. I would like to say that this is such a wonderful, peaceful scene, rather like the New Earth, but, that is not true. You see, all the animals have had the same treatment from her sharp beak that I had, so she walks them around as though she is Queen Snuggles. They like to keep their soft noses intact. But, when they first got her, they brought her to KY, and also brought Marta, their long haired miniature daschund. Marta didn't know us either, then, and that night, my daughter told me I could take Snuggles from her cage. Marta was keeping an eye on me, and when I started to open the cage, she ran and grabbed my foot. She is just that protective about all the animals and people in her family. Thankfully, I have been with Marta enough now that she accepts and even likes me, but not that time!!
They also have an avairy, which they keep outside in summer, and, have raised 6 babies. These are finches, but, I can't remember the name of them.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!