I have been busy in my garden the last several weeks, and have missed a lot of the flowers. Though I have walked on most Sabbaths, there have been too many flowers blooming lately for me to remember them all without writing them down! And unfortunately, I keep forgetting to take along pencil & paper, as well as my new wildflower guide for the ones I don't know.

Of the flowers blooming right now, the ones that most easily come to mind are black-eyed Susan, sweet pea, daylily (those orange lilies that grow beside the road - people call them tiger lilies but they are not even related to real tiger lilies), and wild parsnip. The wintercress is still blooming, and will be the last to die in the fall.

There are others I thought I knew, but with the better wildflower guide I just bought, I am discovering that while they are closely related to the flower I thought they were, there are other closely related varieties that look more like what I see here. So I'm going to have to take my book out and find out what they really are!

I see many other plants I know that are not blooming yet, but the Queen Anne's lace, for one, is almost ready.

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.