HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hiking - NZ Style #53756
12/29/01 02:04 AM
12/29/01 02:04 AM
Zita  Offline OP
Christchurch, New Zealand
Here are two very exciting links of two places I have always wanted to see.

Now I can do it with no effort - though there is nothing quite like the real thing!

www.nzine.co.nz/views/milford_track_new_zealand.html

www.nzine.co.nz/features/stewart_island2.html

If you go into www.nzine.co.nz
and search for anything New Zealand - birds etc you will find some great sites.
Happy hunting!

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53757
01/05/02 08:40 AM
01/05/02 08:40 AM
mikk  Offline
NSW, Australia
Thanks Zita, I really enjoyed those links. I have always wanted to do the Milford Sound walk. Maybe, someday??

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53758
01/05/02 08:56 AM
01/05/02 08:56 AM
Zita  Offline OP
Mikk, call in and stay on your way through. I can give you a slide evening on Milford so you know what to look for!

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53759
01/28/02 08:25 AM
01/28/02 08:25 AM
Zita  Offline OP
Today I celebrated having my cast removed from my broken wrist, by taking a hike in the bush. I was able to follow down the mountain bike tracks carefully to the floor of the valley, and then climb back up with the aid of a good stick.
It was wonderful to be back, listening to the birds, just 'being' there.
I noticed an improvement in my knee already, which has really suffered from the lack of climbing hills.
A long way to go yet with therapy, but it was a great start.

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53760
04/08/02 08:32 AM
04/08/02 08:32 AM
Zita  Offline OP
I have been exploring new tracks.

I noticed a sign put up by the Council warning walkers that the new Mountain Bike track was too strenous. Well, that was a challenge for me which I met Sunday morning. I made sure I was on it before the mountain bikers came roaring downhill.

It was no worse than anything I have down before, and the track took me past a 5 tiered waterfall.
I decided to take a shortcut across a valley via the sheep trails which I really enjoyed.

The trouble was when I reached the top the wind had not died down, but increased! It took me all my time to consentrate on staying on my feet.!

I thought that when I had dropped down half way the wind would drop too, but no, it stayed just as boistrous even on the floor of the valley. Most unusual, and very grateful for my Angel's protection in such a fierce wind.

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53761
04/27/02 08:28 AM
04/27/02 08:28 AM
Zita  Offline OP
One of my dogs was sick, so it gave me opportunity to go out on a track I hadn't been for a year. It takes you the length of the harbour on the lower track and back through the bushline. From what I remembered, I would do it in 3 hours.
I hadn't been on it an hour, when I fell, but seemingly unhurt, I picked myself up and carried on. All the while wondering why my boots felt too big and thinking they should have lasted longer than this.
My hike took me right up to the top where I turned back on the higher ridge. It was there that I realized the trip was a 4 hour one, and I had had no breakfast! and wouldn't get back to my car till 10am, all the while wondering why my boots felt too big!
I was able to take a short cut down the hill on sheeptracks and save myself 20 min. fortunately I had some water in the car which kept me going till I arrived home starving!

It was the next day that I discovered I had worn my old boots which are identical, only lost their grip, worn down at the heals and stretched.

It's not been a good week backwise as the result!
I doubt that I will ever make that mistake again!

The view of the harbour, the bird life on the way, the hike through the bush on the way back made it all worth while.
Peace and serenity fills my soul when I am up high.

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53762
04/29/02 04:35 AM
04/29/02 04:35 AM
Zita  Offline OP
On a recent friday morning, I took my 2 dogs to one of my very favourite hiking sites called Bowenvale.
In there are many hiking tracks, mountain bike tracks, bush or grass hillside opposite almost bereft of any trees.
Over 100 tracks inter linking with each other, the choices are almost endless.

Being one jump ahead in my preparations for Sabbath, I knew I could spend some extra time up in the bush, and so we headed for the cave where I have my morning devotions.
Leaving the car behind in the car park at the bottom we enjoyed the climb up through the bush, I knew exactly the tracks I was taking this day, as I wasn't taking a water bottle, using the water fountains that are up there.

Leaving the cave, and the beautiful bellbirds, I headed for the top, had my drink, then headed to the back of the park for the next drink, stopping to talk to the ranger about the newly crerated gardens around the visitors centre.

Having my 2nd drink, I headed down a mountain bike track which would eventually lead me to the carpark which was 2 mile away.
I came to a fork on the track and noticed on dog heading down, so called him back and carried on. Five min later I realized I had only one dog with me. I stopped and called, expecting him to appear, but all the calling and whistling in the world produced nothing! My heart sank.
As I had lost the 2 of them a couple of years ago, and it took me 3 hours to find them that time, I knew the devil was trying to spoil my friday plans. So I stood there and rebuked him.

But where to go? I realized he must have been ahead and gone down the track that I called Zac back from, so headed down there calling and whistling. No response, no sign of him.

There was nothing for it but to climb back up to the top and alert the Ranger.By this time I was feeling like breakfast and my energy levels were rapidly depleating!Searching for an hour, I finally headed down to the car, asking God to send my dog back to the car. Now this was 2 mile away, and hundreds of tracks that he could go on. Of course, my dogs know all the tracks like the back of their paw, but I still felt it was a tall order. But believing in the God of the impossible, I asked anyway.

As I crunched along the final drive to the carpark, used by the local farmer, doubts filled my mind that he would be there! So stupid of me to even expect him to be there! I would have to waste hours and petrol looking for him and the rest of my preparations would not happen.
It was just at that moment that Nebby appeared from behind the flax bush, having heard my footsteps on the gravel. He stopped and looked in total disbelief, as I did back to him!
"Is that really you mum" look on his face, while I exclaimed "You did it Lord, You did it"!!

Oh yea of little faith, why do you doubt????

He had found his way back to the car by himself?
I think not.
God takes care of our animals.

He got the biggest bone when we got home too!

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: Zita ]

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53763
04/29/02 08:06 AM
04/29/02 08:06 AM
mikk  Offline
NSW, Australia
Thanks Zita. Its good to be reminded that God looks after even our animals.

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53764
05/01/02 03:44 AM
05/01/02 03:44 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is also good to know that you are definitely an outdoors person.

I need to spend more time outdoors myself.

Re: Hiking - NZ Style #53765
05/02/02 01:00 AM
05/02/02 01:00 AM
Zita  Offline OP
My son is always telling me I was born in a tent!

I guess I like the door open for the fresh air, even 1st thing! also, it helps me t oescape outside quicker!
I would far rather be outside doing jobs than inside. fortunately I have a wonderful husband who doesn't mind accommodating my lifestyle.

When you come to think of it, when God went looking for Adam and Eve, he found them in the garden.

We wern't made to live in houses with central heating ( very necessary in colder countries). We were made for the garden!

I guess being brought up from a baby in Grandma's 1/2 acre garden, then moving to a country house for the first 11 years of my life well established my love for outdoors.My own prayerhut was in the bush as a child.

Now, it is the length and breadth of the Port Hills which span our city as a backdrop.

God is in the stillness of the morning.
Out in nature He waits for us to speak to Him.

My lesson this morning was stopping on the track up in the hills, taking time to say 'Be Still, my Soul' when suddenly a rabbit flees for it's life across my path.

I timely reminder that in the stillnes of our day, a storm can erupt when we least expect it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!