HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Pets In Heaven? #54048
05/01/05 07:48 AM
05/01/05 07:48 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
What is a soul?

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54049
05/01/05 10:47 AM
05/01/05 10:47 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Everyone,

Brother Thomas, your question:

quote:
What is a soul?
According to the scriptures we read:

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7.

We read in the writings of Mrs. White:
quote:
"The Lord God formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. . . . And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone: I will make him an help-meet for him. . . . And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof, and the rib which the Lord God had taken from man made He a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh." {BEcho, August 28, 1899 par. 2}

Brother Will,

I truly understand your faith.

We do not know the greatness of all that He is giving. And I will say that each person must pray and have the Lord's perfect peace on every issue that comes up before them.

We are all in our various steps before the Lord. Each one of us (including I) has so much to learn.

Here is a quote from Mrs. White:

quote:
The dumb animals have no souls, yet God cares for them. "Are ye not much better than they?" Christ asks. "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 3}

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54050
05/01/05 11:48 AM
05/01/05 11:48 AM
Ronnie Whalon  Offline
USA
I know there is a EGW statement on this subject. Just cannot locate it.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54051
05/01/05 05:10 PM
05/01/05 05:10 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
The dumb animals have no souls, yet God cares for them.
Taken out of context this quote does indeed seem to imply our darling little pets will be left behind when Jesus returns. But, and praise the Lord, that's not what this particular passage means. Animals are living souls in the sense they are composed of body and beath. Our pets have the breath of life the same as us. According to the Genesis account of creation: body + breath = a living soul.

It's true, though, that brute beasts do not have a soul, or character, that returns to God to be preserved, to be judged, and then to be restored to them in the resurrection. But, in the context of the resurection, Paul does talk about animals and people and planets - creation in general. This insight, along with the one in Romans (quoted above on this thread), it seems fairly reasonable to assume God will restore the entire creation to its original beauty.

Since God nowhere specifically says animals will not be resurrected, and since there are passages which seem to imply it, based on these facts, I feel perfectly comfortable looking forward to seeing Will's darling companion, American Staff, and I look forward to seeing my favorite pets, too. Jesus is that way. He loves to do those things that endear and please us.

1 Corinthians
15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.
15:40 [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.
15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.
15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54052
05/01/05 07:24 PM
05/01/05 07:24 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
God will assure that we find happiness in heaven. Is it too much of a stretch to think that If he feels a long lost pet will make us happy that that pet will be there?

Redfog

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54053
05/04/05 04:03 PM
05/04/05 04:03 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Dear Ronnie Whalon,

Hi, I have been looking through some quotes, did you happen to find the one you were remembering? I did come across this quote, could this be the one that you are considering?

What about you Avalee?

Thank you,
Cheri Fritz

quote:
In too many households prayer is neglected. Parents feel that they have no time for morning and evening worship. They cannot spare a few moments to be spent in thanksgiving to God for His abundant mercies--for the blessed sunshine and the showers of rain, which cause vegetation to flourish, and for the guardianship of holy angels. They have no time to offer prayer for divine help and guidance and for the abiding presence of Jesus in the household. They go forth to labor as the ox or the horse goes, without one thought of God or heaven. They have souls so precious that rather than permit them to be hopelessly lost, the Son of God gave His life to ransom them; but they have little more appreciation of His great goodness than have the beasts that perish. Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 143.3.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54054
05/05/05 03:32 AM
05/05/05 03:32 AM
Ronnie Whalon  Offline
USA
Hello Cheri,

I cannot find the one that was a definite but here are a few that if one understands the principle it should be sufficient.

Some who have not children of their own should educate themselves to love and care for the children of others. They may not be called to go to a foreign field of labor, but they may be called to work in the very locality in which they live. In place of giving so much attention to pets, lavishing affection upon dumb animals, let them exercise their talent upon human beings who have a heaven to win and a hell to shun. Let them give their attention to little children whose characters they may mold and fashion after the divine similitude. Place your love upon the homeless little ones that are around you. Instead of closing your heart to the members of the human family, see how many of these little homeless ones you can bring up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. There is an abundance of work for everyone who wants work to do. By engaging in this line of Christian endeavor, the church may be increased in members and enriched in spirit. The work of saving the homeless and the fatherless is everyone's business. {AH 168.1}

Who has a heaven to win?

I saw that the slave-master would have to answer for the soul of his slave whom he has kept in ignorance; and all the sins of the slave will be visited upon the master. God cannot take the slave to heaven, who has been kept in ignorance and degradation, knowing nothing of God, or the Bible, fearing nothing but his master's lash, and not holding so elevated a position as his master's brute beasts. But he does the best thing for him that a compassionate God can do. He lets him be as though he had not been; while the master has to suffer the seven last plagues, and then come up in the second resurrection, and suffer the second, most awful death. Then the wrath of God will be appeased. {1SG 193.1}

Animals know nothing of God or the Bible if he cannot take one who was a human but was treated as an dumb animal [on the same level as]; how can he take the dumb animal? They will be as though they were not and there will be new animals in heaven.

3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John

This the dumb animals cannot do.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54055
05/05/05 10:23 AM
05/05/05 10:23 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Dear Redfog,

Greetings. Your question:

quote:
Is it too much of a stretch to think that If he feels a long lost pet will make us happy that that pet will be there?
Brother, I honestly do not see the lesson of salvation for earthly animals in the sanctuary message.

In the message of resurrections, there are only three which the Lord has given information on. The Special Resurrection just before the first resurrection, and then the second resurrection.

I also know the warning that we are told not to add nor to take away what is written in the book of Revelation.

Revelation
22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Dear Ronnie Whalon,

Thank you for the quotes.

For those that are interested in learning about the sanctuary with a Seventh Day Adventist Biblical application please read The Cross and Its Shadow.

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54056
05/06/05 03:30 AM
05/06/05 03:30 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ronnie and Cheri, nowhere in the Bible, or the SOP, does it say pets will not be resurrected. To build an adamant case against it, even quoting Revelation 22:18, 19, is serious. Given the fact God Himself has not threatened to punish people in the lake of fire for hoping their pets will be resurrected, it seems reasonable to cherish such a hope.

When our favorite family pet was killed by a hit and run motorist, I did not tell my children, my poor sobbing children, when they asked if Fuzzy would be with us in the New Earth, I did not tell them that such an idea could cause them to lose their souls in the flames of hell. Nor did I dance around the question with a vague answer, a white lie, thinking that I would explain it to them later on, when they are older and could understand why a loving God refuses to take our pets to heaven.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54057
05/06/05 03:53 AM
05/06/05 03:53 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Mike

Wouldnt the appropriate thing be to tell your children you dont know?

While the bible doesnt say that pet animals will not be in heaven, the same is true for the opposite, we arent told they will be. If a person would need the company of a lost pet to be happy in heaven one could ask if the person will be there at all?
How I can make such a statement? I am thinking like this, if the presence of God, the company of Jesus wont be enough to ensure happiness, what could possibly complete the picture? Some people love their pets in such a way that they would give their lifes for the pet. If there was a choise between life and death for the pet and life and death for a human being, just whomever. Some people would without hesitating save their pet and leave the human to manage as good as they could. If a person then prioritises pets over humans, yes even over God, how does this compare with the conclusion of the law and the prophets? The conclusion that says, Love God with all your heart and strength and love other humans as yourself?
The next to worship of animals in the west is an curious and possibly dangerous thing. This above being my oppinion.

/Thomas

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!