HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Pets In Heaven? #54068
05/07/05 06:51 PM
05/07/05 06:51 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
So since honesty towards children pays out and there is not scripture that says anything about this, why not tell the kids how it is. We simply do not know what God will do with this.

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54069
05/07/05 07:43 PM
05/07/05 07:43 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Mike,

Please forgive me, I had not intended to relate that I at all discouraged my children.

We are told the truth will set us free. When truth is given with the power of the Holy Spirit it is gentle loving and kind and causes our whole being to look upward and lift our eyes to Christ Jesus. This is the work of every missionary, and especially of the parent.

The issue with the pet is an accumulative study. It stems with morning and evening devotional time with them each day of the week. And when additional questions through out the day appear, we may take further time to explore what the Lord teaches.

Now,you had asked forgiveness, but honestly I find nothing that you have offended me with, so go in peace.

Thank you,
Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54070
05/08/05 03:56 AM
05/08/05 03:56 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
In my statement I should have said "animals from earth" may not be in heaven. Of course we know God will have animals in Heaven Will, if you will read my whole paragraph, you will see that I even alude to that fact after I use the term "animals" without using the words "on earth" which I should have to make it clearer.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54071
05/13/05 11:31 AM
05/13/05 11:31 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Thomas,

Your question has been weighing on my heart and mind.
quote:
So since honesty towards children pays out and there is not scripture that says anything about this, why not tell the kids how it is. We simply do not know what God will do with this.
In all honesty this concept of pets going to heaven, being resurrected is something that is not being taught with the message of salvation according to the sanctuary message.

The difference between man and beast/animals is that one has the privilege to make a moral choice. Christ came to save the sinner. An animal does not make the moral choices, therefore the animal cannot sin, but still is under the curse of our wrong behavior from the moment we sinned.

We must recall that the animals are beneath us and we humans are responsible for their care.

I firmly believe that if we sway off and teach other than the present truth we are not looking to Christ Jesus.

We live in the last days, soon we will see the time of trouble such as never saw before. Our children dearly need to see the parent(s) willing to stand firm on present truth.

quote:
The Key to a Complete System of Truth.--The subject of the sanctuary was the key which unlocked the mystery of the disappointment of 1844. It opened to view a complete system of truth, connected and harmonious, showing that God's hand had directed the great advent movement, and revealing present duty as it brought to light the position and work of His people.--The Great Controversy, p. 423, (1888) {Ev 222.2}
For me as a parent, I see my obligation to stand firm. To not waiver. If there be something that I do not understand, I simply tell the child(ren) that "Right now I do not know how to answer your question. I can only tell you what I think. But that is not right, so you and Mommy will study this out with prayer. And we will know the truth."

So to answer your question:
Yes, tell the children how it is. But tell them that also that prayer and study is needed. Teach them when you learn of something. Show them where you found it. Have them open their Holy Bibles. Pray with them, encourage them to look on their own, to pray on their own.

How dearly we owe our Savior for the privilege of being saved from the cursed death!

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54072
05/13/05 02:19 PM
05/13/05 02:19 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
One of the things about communicating via a forum using text is that the meaning gets lost, but we seem to do a pretty good job of communicating overall.
I think our wires got crossed Debbie cause I do realize that there will be animals in heaven, and even though my friends growing up and even from a few years ago and in the future (talking about pets) will not be resurrected (thought never entered my mind) I do know that they had a soul cause the Bible tells us that, and when they die there soul like ours goes toheaven its just part of the design.
Will my AmStaff be there? Not in his earthly form of self ie. colors, height, and things like that, but I do know that God saw all the times I smiled when with him, and saw when he would come to me when I was sad, and would even act silly when feeling sad (and to think some people say animals are dumb), so He will definitely provide us the same happiness for eternity and all complete. Thats what I know will happen cause the Bible tells me so [Smile]
God Bless,
WIll

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54073
05/13/05 05:08 PM
05/13/05 05:08 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
While I don't know that our pets will be in heaven I think we can safely tell our kids that if they are not Jesus has a pet picked out for them that will be even better than the ones they have on earth. Our ultimate happiness is what is being planned for us in heaven and for each of us that plan is different. Whatever makes us happy here will be immeasurably better there. As a pilot I'm looking forward to flying at the speed of thought. As a avid backpacker I'm looking forward to hiking a distant planet at the edge (if it has a edge) of the universe and exploring His creation and not having to carry my house on my back. As a curious person I'm looking forward to studying things without a microscope, either because we will have microscopic eyesight or we can reduce ourselves to molecular size. And as a follower of Christ I can't wait to walk with the Creator.

Redfog

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54074
05/13/05 09:41 PM
05/13/05 09:41 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I read through this topic with interest.

My question was in reference to our deceased and not yet deceased pets.

In regards to the soul. Based on the following Bible text, every living creature, human or animal, is a living soul:

quote:

Rev 16:3 And the second angel poured out his vial on the sea. And it became like the blood of a dead one, and every living soul died in the sea.

And in response to one of Will's posts, wasn't it the spirit that returned to God at death rather than the soul?

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54075
05/14/05 07:16 AM
05/14/05 07:16 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Are plants souls too?

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54076
05/14/05 12:41 PM
05/14/05 12:41 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Daryl,

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

I have found a few more verses to read and pray on. I hope these will help further our education in present truth.

Ecclesiastes 3:18, 19, 20, 21 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all [is] vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natuaral brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54077
05/15/05 03:35 AM
05/15/05 03:35 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
quote:

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 1:20
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

Genesis 1:21
And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

All three of the bolded words are:
נפשׁ
nephesh
neh'-fesh
From H5314; properly a breathing creature, that is, animal or (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental): - any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead (-ly), desire, X [dis-] contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortality, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

Animals have souls, and the Bible clearly states that. Much like current though of today especially from scientists that experiment on animals, those who worked on the KJV also thought animals to have no soul and they were called creatures instead of living souls. That is the truth any deviation from it is speculatory at best and the Bible will explain itself rather clearly especially in the Genesis account.
God Bless and Happy Sabbath,
Will

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!