HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Pets In Heaven? #54038
04/30/05 01:42 AM
04/30/05 01:42 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Will there be pets, (birds, cats, etc.) in heaven?

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54039
04/30/05 11:31 AM
04/30/05 11:31 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Daryl,

Please clarify if you mean will our pets here on earth be able to obtain heaven or if the Lord will have animals up in heaven that will be our pets.

Thank you,
Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54040
04/30/05 05:28 PM
04/30/05 05:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The following passage seems to imply that the animals will be resurrected and be a part of the new earth:

Romans
8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,
8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
8:23 And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54041
04/30/05 06:30 PM
04/30/05 06:30 PM
Ronnie Whalon  Offline
USA
The animals cannot be born again therefore, they will not be apart of the resurrection.

3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54042
04/30/05 09:47 PM
04/30/05 09:47 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Does that verse say anything about animals having to be born again?

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54043
04/30/05 10:24 PM
04/30/05 10:24 PM
J
Jeff  Offline
Supporting Member 2007
Mississippi, USA
Mike, yes, but is “creature” referring to animals, or is it referring to creation in general. I think the NASB gets more to the point of the passage.

Quote: from Rom 8:18-23, NASB
Rom 8:18-23 NASB For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. (19) For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. (20) For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope (21) that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. (22) For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. (23) And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

Jeff
Re: Pets In Heaven? #54044
04/30/05 10:59 PM
04/30/05 10:59 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
A good question would be "can animals sin?"

They can dissobay their master, although some donot have the capacity of understanding commands.

If we cannot go into heaven sinning, then animals cannot either.

Animals will defenatly be there. We are told about the lion laying with the lamb. This would mean that God will have to make new animals or the animals that lived on earth will be there.

Either way, it will be interesting to find out when we get to heaven.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54045
04/30/05 11:03 PM
04/30/05 11:03 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Mike,

Psalms 77:13 "Thy way, O God, [is] in the sanctuary: who [is so] great a God as [our] God?"

If we should look to the works of Christ in the sanctuary we will see that His works are for the saving of mankind.

If we are to believe in the writings of Mrs. White and scriptures we will find that there are two resurrections before the 1,000 years begin. There is first the special resurrection which include those that died in the third angels message and those that were the greatest opposers of Christ Jesus, then the completion of those that died in Christ happen. See Maranatha ch. 273 & 274, to have a clearer understanding. The last resurrection will be after the 1,000 years...and this is definitely the resurrection of those who where judged unfaithful.

To make note:
Strongs 2937 "creature" is also used in the following scripture.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Strongs 2937
The outline of Bible usage
1) the act of founding, establishing, building etc
a) the act of creating, creation
b) creation i.e. thing created
(1) of individual things, beings, a creature, a creation
(a) anything created
(b) after a rabbinical usage (by which a man converted from idolatry to Judaism was called)
(c) the sum or aggregate of things created
c) institution, ordinance

Let us remember the work of Christ was for the sinner. In the scriptures is the entire sanctuary message how Christ so loved the world and gave His life that man could have eternal life if he so would choose. The only recorded opportunity to have this life eternal is mankind.

Now, there will be animals in heaven, for the scriptures speaks of this. But never is the animal given the blessed opportunity to have life eternal restored to them. It was man that sinned, and it was God that came to set us free from that death sentence.

I cannot agree based on the sanctuary message that animals will be resurrected.

Thank you for your time,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54046
04/30/05 11:45 PM
04/30/05 11:45 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Dave and Cheri I too believe that there will be animals on the new earth. I believe God will create all new animals for us. It seems that I have read about this somewhere but I can not find it at the moment.

I myself am looking forward to having alot of pets...birds, a Bengal Tiger, a panther, giraffe, and of course a doggie and a little kitty. It will be so wonderful to not be afraid of any animal and they will not be afraid of us.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54047
05/01/05 02:25 AM
05/01/05 02:25 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
When God created the heavens and the earth did you know that He gave animals a soul.They are not stupid dumb objects made to pass the time. The hurt, cry, fear, and believe it or not obey.
When they die I believe that it is the same as for humans. We die soul goes to heaven, they die their soul goes to heaven.
Will I see my American Staff who was killed many years ago? I prayed to God that He would be theere and perfect to.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54048
05/01/05 07:48 AM
05/01/05 07:48 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
What is a soul?

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54049
05/01/05 10:47 AM
05/01/05 10:47 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Everyone,

Brother Thomas, your question:

quote:
What is a soul?
According to the scriptures we read:

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7.

We read in the writings of Mrs. White:
quote:
"The Lord God formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. . . . And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone: I will make him an help-meet for him. . . . And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof, and the rib which the Lord God had taken from man made He a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh." {BEcho, August 28, 1899 par. 2}

Brother Will,

I truly understand your faith.

We do not know the greatness of all that He is giving. And I will say that each person must pray and have the Lord's perfect peace on every issue that comes up before them.

We are all in our various steps before the Lord. Each one of us (including I) has so much to learn.

Here is a quote from Mrs. White:

quote:
The dumb animals have no souls, yet God cares for them. "Are ye not much better than they?" Christ asks. "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." {GCB, October 1, 1899 par. 3}

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54050
05/01/05 11:48 AM
05/01/05 11:48 AM
Ronnie Whalon  Offline
USA
I know there is a EGW statement on this subject. Just cannot locate it.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54051
05/01/05 05:10 PM
05/01/05 05:10 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
The dumb animals have no souls, yet God cares for them.
Taken out of context this quote does indeed seem to imply our darling little pets will be left behind when Jesus returns. But, and praise the Lord, that's not what this particular passage means. Animals are living souls in the sense they are composed of body and beath. Our pets have the breath of life the same as us. According to the Genesis account of creation: body + breath = a living soul.

It's true, though, that brute beasts do not have a soul, or character, that returns to God to be preserved, to be judged, and then to be restored to them in the resurrection. But, in the context of the resurection, Paul does talk about animals and people and planets - creation in general. This insight, along with the one in Romans (quoted above on this thread), it seems fairly reasonable to assume God will restore the entire creation to its original beauty.

Since God nowhere specifically says animals will not be resurrected, and since there are passages which seem to imply it, based on these facts, I feel perfectly comfortable looking forward to seeing Will's darling companion, American Staff, and I look forward to seeing my favorite pets, too. Jesus is that way. He loves to do those things that endear and please us.

1 Corinthians
15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.
15:40 [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.
15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.
15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54052
05/01/05 07:24 PM
05/01/05 07:24 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
God will assure that we find happiness in heaven. Is it too much of a stretch to think that If he feels a long lost pet will make us happy that that pet will be there?

Redfog

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54053
05/04/05 04:03 PM
05/04/05 04:03 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Dear Ronnie Whalon,

Hi, I have been looking through some quotes, did you happen to find the one you were remembering? I did come across this quote, could this be the one that you are considering?

What about you Avalee?

Thank you,
Cheri Fritz

quote:
In too many households prayer is neglected. Parents feel that they have no time for morning and evening worship. They cannot spare a few moments to be spent in thanksgiving to God for His abundant mercies--for the blessed sunshine and the showers of rain, which cause vegetation to flourish, and for the guardianship of holy angels. They have no time to offer prayer for divine help and guidance and for the abiding presence of Jesus in the household. They go forth to labor as the ox or the horse goes, without one thought of God or heaven. They have souls so precious that rather than permit them to be hopelessly lost, the Son of God gave His life to ransom them; but they have little more appreciation of His great goodness than have the beasts that perish. Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 143.3.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54054
05/05/05 03:32 AM
05/05/05 03:32 AM
Ronnie Whalon  Offline
USA
Hello Cheri,

I cannot find the one that was a definite but here are a few that if one understands the principle it should be sufficient.

Some who have not children of their own should educate themselves to love and care for the children of others. They may not be called to go to a foreign field of labor, but they may be called to work in the very locality in which they live. In place of giving so much attention to pets, lavishing affection upon dumb animals, let them exercise their talent upon human beings who have a heaven to win and a hell to shun. Let them give their attention to little children whose characters they may mold and fashion after the divine similitude. Place your love upon the homeless little ones that are around you. Instead of closing your heart to the members of the human family, see how many of these little homeless ones you can bring up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. There is an abundance of work for everyone who wants work to do. By engaging in this line of Christian endeavor, the church may be increased in members and enriched in spirit. The work of saving the homeless and the fatherless is everyone's business. {AH 168.1}

Who has a heaven to win?

I saw that the slave-master would have to answer for the soul of his slave whom he has kept in ignorance; and all the sins of the slave will be visited upon the master. God cannot take the slave to heaven, who has been kept in ignorance and degradation, knowing nothing of God, or the Bible, fearing nothing but his master's lash, and not holding so elevated a position as his master's brute beasts. But he does the best thing for him that a compassionate God can do. He lets him be as though he had not been; while the master has to suffer the seven last plagues, and then come up in the second resurrection, and suffer the second, most awful death. Then the wrath of God will be appeased. {1SG 193.1}

Animals know nothing of God or the Bible if he cannot take one who was a human but was treated as an dumb animal [on the same level as]; how can he take the dumb animal? They will be as though they were not and there will be new animals in heaven.

3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John

This the dumb animals cannot do.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54055
05/05/05 10:23 AM
05/05/05 10:23 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Dear Redfog,

Greetings. Your question:

quote:
Is it too much of a stretch to think that If he feels a long lost pet will make us happy that that pet will be there?
Brother, I honestly do not see the lesson of salvation for earthly animals in the sanctuary message.

In the message of resurrections, there are only three which the Lord has given information on. The Special Resurrection just before the first resurrection, and then the second resurrection.

I also know the warning that we are told not to add nor to take away what is written in the book of Revelation.

Revelation
22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Dear Ronnie Whalon,

Thank you for the quotes.

For those that are interested in learning about the sanctuary with a Seventh Day Adventist Biblical application please read The Cross and Its Shadow.

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54056
05/06/05 03:30 AM
05/06/05 03:30 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ronnie and Cheri, nowhere in the Bible, or the SOP, does it say pets will not be resurrected. To build an adamant case against it, even quoting Revelation 22:18, 19, is serious. Given the fact God Himself has not threatened to punish people in the lake of fire for hoping their pets will be resurrected, it seems reasonable to cherish such a hope.

When our favorite family pet was killed by a hit and run motorist, I did not tell my children, my poor sobbing children, when they asked if Fuzzy would be with us in the New Earth, I did not tell them that such an idea could cause them to lose their souls in the flames of hell. Nor did I dance around the question with a vague answer, a white lie, thinking that I would explain it to them later on, when they are older and could understand why a loving God refuses to take our pets to heaven.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54057
05/06/05 03:53 AM
05/06/05 03:53 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Mike

Wouldnt the appropriate thing be to tell your children you dont know?

While the bible doesnt say that pet animals will not be in heaven, the same is true for the opposite, we arent told they will be. If a person would need the company of a lost pet to be happy in heaven one could ask if the person will be there at all?
How I can make such a statement? I am thinking like this, if the presence of God, the company of Jesus wont be enough to ensure happiness, what could possibly complete the picture? Some people love their pets in such a way that they would give their lifes for the pet. If there was a choise between life and death for the pet and life and death for a human being, just whomever. Some people would without hesitating save their pet and leave the human to manage as good as they could. If a person then prioritises pets over humans, yes even over God, how does this compare with the conclusion of the law and the prophets? The conclusion that says, Love God with all your heart and strength and love other humans as yourself?
The next to worship of animals in the west is an curious and possibly dangerous thing. This above being my oppinion.

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54058
05/05/05 04:46 PM
05/05/05 04:46 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
In case I didnt post this earlier I wanted to add that in Genesis when God created everything the word for 'creatures' is actually souls.
The translators thought less of animals, and not that I worship animals, but God gave us dominion over them and to be stewards of the earth, so we have to take care of things, and this also means treating animals as a living soul. Here:
quote:

nephesh {neh'-fesh}

1) soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

a) that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

b) living being

c) living being (with life in the blood)

d) the man himself, self, person or individual

e) seat of the appetites

f) seat of emotions and passions

g) activity of mind

1) dubious

h) activity of the will

1) dubious

i) activity of the character

1) dubious

I believe that the same thing happens to them that happens to us when we die. The soul returns to God, except they are not part of the redeemed etc etc..
GOd Bless,
Will

[ May 05, 2005, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Will ]

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54059
05/05/05 05:07 PM
05/05/05 05:07 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
quote:
Originally posted by västergötland:

Wouldnt the appropriate thing be to tell your children you dont know?

I am thinking like this, if the presence of God, the company of Jesus wont be enough to ensure happiness, what could possibly complete the picture?

Instead of saying I don't know, I think it is better to say, There is a possibility. Also, don't forget that Adam quickly became lonely in the presence of God and all the angels. He wasn't happy in Eden until God created Eve.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54060
05/05/05 06:30 PM
05/05/05 06:30 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I am wondering if we got off track or came up with different scenarios.
What I mean is that Daryl asked if there will be pets in heaven, would that mean will our pets be there, does it mean we will be able to have pets that are animals from heaven as our own etc.
All I know is that God made us all with a soul, as a human race Adam and Eve dropped the ball big time, Jesus died for our sins, when we die our souls go to heaven, and thats where my dog's soul is at. Its condition is unconcious and thats all I know.
Its my prayer that see my best friend as big as a lion and perfect, but I took care of him as best I could and we all do.
You know God even knows when a sparrow falls. He must care when he sees his creatures on the side of the road dead whether domesticated or wild (saw a dead coyote a month ago, was sad)
This is very interesting indeed.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54061
05/05/05 06:59 PM
05/05/05 06:59 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
Instead of saying I don't know, I think it is better to say, There is a possibility. Also, don't forget that Adam quickly became lonely in the presence of God and all the angels. He wasn't happy in Eden until God created Eve.

Well, do you know? If you do know, then tell your children what you know. If you dont know, be honest about that.

Adam indeed grew lonely in the presence of God, but it was not due to any lack of pets. Remember God bringing every kind of animal created before Adam but none of them could fill the longing he had.

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54062
05/06/05 12:18 AM
05/06/05 12:18 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, dealing with children can be delicate. Telling them that their dead doggie might be in heaven is better than hearing their Daddy saying he doesn't know. Also, apparently your feelings about pets isn't as strong as mine, or my children's. That's okay, though, because we'll know the answer soon enough. And, you're right, if our pets happen to be missing in heaven, no one is going to be too terribly bummed. Jesus will make sure of it.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54063
05/06/05 10:52 AM
05/06/05 10:52 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA

Greetings Mike,

Dealing with children is a delicate issue. It is because they deserve the entire truth with us believing in what we are teaching. They certainly do not need made up stories or teachings in which we are not certain of.

Our education begins with the sanctuary lesson with Adam and Eve learning about it. It is the truth and if we are to inherit eternal life we are to be teachers of the truth.

The Grace of God will bring the fruit of love. Look at what the love of God projects into the living soul that loves Him:

Charity suffereth long,
[and] is kind;
charity envieth not;
charity vaunteth not itself,
is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly,
seeketh not her own,
is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity,
but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things,
believeth all things,
hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth: ...

We must not regard pets above humanity. Though I know many that place the value of a an animal above humanity.

Death is something that is real. We can take the moments and teach our children the precious gift of Grace from Christ's cross. We can teach them the gift of eternal life that we may inherit if we are faithful.

We must teach them with the principle of love, which is a standard that never fails to teach truth to all that we will encounter, be it our littlest children too. Teaching with Grace is so loving and caring, because it is not us that teach but the power of the Holy Spirit, He does not fail to deliver perfectly.

Truly Brother Mike, we have lost our beloved dog of 12 years early last year. It was a most sorrowful experience. We adored him, he was the best pet. I answered questions with teaching the promises of heaven that we will have better than our precious animal that we lost. Teaching further the precious sacrifice of our Lord and Savior.

My children are happy and looking to heaven with blessed assurance that God has better for them.

Brother, you are very right it is a delicate matter and we must attend to pure present truth trusting that God's love will not fail. Oh, the precious Lord loves the little children and their little hearts are even more prepared to accept truth than the elders who have lived without faith and trust too many days in their lives.

Today we must use every moment as the enemy attempts to thwart present truth so that we might take our emotions rather than the blessed principle of truth to teach or represent Christ Jesus.

Brother, I will assure you that the power of love will teach better for our children.

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54064
05/07/05 11:22 AM
05/07/05 11:22 AM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Amen Cheri...we must not water down present truth to our children. There will be enough of Satan's agents out there that will take care of that part...as faithful parents we will want to tell them the truth. Yes it will be a delicate matter in some cases but a must.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54065
05/07/05 02:27 PM
05/07/05 02:27 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
I have read somewhere in a question/answer format I think -- in the SOP that pets and animals would not be in Heaven. I always just figured the Lord would make new ones like the ones we had here on earth.

For some reason I'm unable to find what I am looking for on this subject but as I have time will keep looking. Perhaps I read it in the Arthur White six-book set on the life of EGW.

We have also always told the truth to our children too, in loving and kind ways, even in sorrow, about the wonderful things God has in store for us in Heaven. This built trust in us as parents by our children.

If I find anything on this subject I will post it here!

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54066
05/07/05 02:54 PM
05/07/05 02:54 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
The Bible mentions that there will be animals in heaven including sheep, vipers,lions, and wolves.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54067
05/07/05 04:03 PM
05/07/05 04:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Cheri, which promise did you quote to prove to your children that Jesus will not bring their precious little friend to heaven with them when He returns? Was it the one so many people are looking for, but cannot seem to find? Did you quote Rev 22:18, 19 to discourage them from hoping their pet will be in heaven? Please, forgive me, if I sound harsh, but this is disturbing, and not because I place pets above humans, or even equal to humans.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54068
05/07/05 06:51 PM
05/07/05 06:51 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
So since honesty towards children pays out and there is not scripture that says anything about this, why not tell the kids how it is. We simply do not know what God will do with this.

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54069
05/07/05 07:43 PM
05/07/05 07:43 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Mike,

Please forgive me, I had not intended to relate that I at all discouraged my children.

We are told the truth will set us free. When truth is given with the power of the Holy Spirit it is gentle loving and kind and causes our whole being to look upward and lift our eyes to Christ Jesus. This is the work of every missionary, and especially of the parent.

The issue with the pet is an accumulative study. It stems with morning and evening devotional time with them each day of the week. And when additional questions through out the day appear, we may take further time to explore what the Lord teaches.

Now,you had asked forgiveness, but honestly I find nothing that you have offended me with, so go in peace.

Thank you,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54070
05/08/05 03:56 AM
05/08/05 03:56 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
In my statement I should have said "animals from earth" may not be in heaven. Of course we know God will have animals in Heaven Will, if you will read my whole paragraph, you will see that I even alude to that fact after I use the term "animals" without using the words "on earth" which I should have to make it clearer.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54071
05/13/05 11:31 AM
05/13/05 11:31 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Thomas,

Your question has been weighing on my heart and mind.
quote:
So since honesty towards children pays out and there is not scripture that says anything about this, why not tell the kids how it is. We simply do not know what God will do with this.
In all honesty this concept of pets going to heaven, being resurrected is something that is not being taught with the message of salvation according to the sanctuary message.

The difference between man and beast/animals is that one has the privilege to make a moral choice. Christ came to save the sinner. An animal does not make the moral choices, therefore the animal cannot sin, but still is under the curse of our wrong behavior from the moment we sinned.

We must recall that the animals are beneath us and we humans are responsible for their care.

I firmly believe that if we sway off and teach other than the present truth we are not looking to Christ Jesus.

We live in the last days, soon we will see the time of trouble such as never saw before. Our children dearly need to see the parent(s) willing to stand firm on present truth.

quote:
The Key to a Complete System of Truth.--The subject of the sanctuary was the key which unlocked the mystery of the disappointment of 1844. It opened to view a complete system of truth, connected and harmonious, showing that God's hand had directed the great advent movement, and revealing present duty as it brought to light the position and work of His people.--The Great Controversy, p. 423, (1888) {Ev 222.2}
For me as a parent, I see my obligation to stand firm. To not waiver. If there be something that I do not understand, I simply tell the child(ren) that "Right now I do not know how to answer your question. I can only tell you what I think. But that is not right, so you and Mommy will study this out with prayer. And we will know the truth."

So to answer your question:
Yes, tell the children how it is. But tell them that also that prayer and study is needed. Teach them when you learn of something. Show them where you found it. Have them open their Holy Bibles. Pray with them, encourage them to look on their own, to pray on their own.

How dearly we owe our Savior for the privilege of being saved from the cursed death!

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54072
05/13/05 02:19 PM
05/13/05 02:19 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
One of the things about communicating via a forum using text is that the meaning gets lost, but we seem to do a pretty good job of communicating overall.
I think our wires got crossed Debbie cause I do realize that there will be animals in heaven, and even though my friends growing up and even from a few years ago and in the future (talking about pets) will not be resurrected (thought never entered my mind) I do know that they had a soul cause the Bible tells us that, and when they die there soul like ours goes toheaven its just part of the design.
Will my AmStaff be there? Not in his earthly form of self ie. colors, height, and things like that, but I do know that God saw all the times I smiled when with him, and saw when he would come to me when I was sad, and would even act silly when feeling sad (and to think some people say animals are dumb), so He will definitely provide us the same happiness for eternity and all complete. Thats what I know will happen cause the Bible tells me so [Smile]
God Bless,
WIll

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54073
05/13/05 05:08 PM
05/13/05 05:08 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
While I don't know that our pets will be in heaven I think we can safely tell our kids that if they are not Jesus has a pet picked out for them that will be even better than the ones they have on earth. Our ultimate happiness is what is being planned for us in heaven and for each of us that plan is different. Whatever makes us happy here will be immeasurably better there. As a pilot I'm looking forward to flying at the speed of thought. As a avid backpacker I'm looking forward to hiking a distant planet at the edge (if it has a edge) of the universe and exploring His creation and not having to carry my house on my back. As a curious person I'm looking forward to studying things without a microscope, either because we will have microscopic eyesight or we can reduce ourselves to molecular size. And as a follower of Christ I can't wait to walk with the Creator.

Redfog

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54074
05/13/05 09:41 PM
05/13/05 09:41 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I read through this topic with interest.

My question was in reference to our deceased and not yet deceased pets.

In regards to the soul. Based on the following Bible text, every living creature, human or animal, is a living soul:

quote:

Rev 16:3 And the second angel poured out his vial on the sea. And it became like the blood of a dead one, and every living soul died in the sea.

And in response to one of Will's posts, wasn't it the spirit that returned to God at death rather than the soul?

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54075
05/14/05 07:16 AM
05/14/05 07:16 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Are plants souls too?

/Thomas

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54076
05/14/05 12:41 PM
05/14/05 12:41 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Daryl,

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

I have found a few more verses to read and pray on. I hope these will help further our education in present truth.

Ecclesiastes 3:18, 19, 20, 21 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all [is] vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natuaral brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Cheri Fritz

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54077
05/15/05 03:35 AM
05/15/05 03:35 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
quote:

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 1:20
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

Genesis 1:21
And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

All three of the bolded words are:
נפשׁ
nephesh
neh'-fesh
From H5314; properly a breathing creature, that is, animal or (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental): - any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, X dead (-ly), desire, X [dis-] contented, X fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath, X jeopardy of) life (X in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortality, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (X she) will, X would have it.

Animals have souls, and the Bible clearly states that. Much like current though of today especially from scientists that experiment on animals, those who worked on the KJV also thought animals to have no soul and they were called creatures instead of living souls. That is the truth any deviation from it is speculatory at best and the Bible will explain itself rather clearly especially in the Genesis account.
God Bless and Happy Sabbath,
Will

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54078
05/14/05 06:06 PM
05/14/05 06:06 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54079
05/15/05 02:37 AM
05/15/05 02:37 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Bob Pickle is actually also a member of MSDAOL, however, his busy schedule affects his participation here, although he does when alerted about a topic of MSDAOL.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54080
05/22/05 05:32 AM
05/22/05 05:32 AM
R
roxe  Offline
Posting New Member
USA
Isn't there a scripture that says "the former things won't come into mind?" Wouldn't that include our pets?

In that case, one could say to a child, or anyone grieving the loss of their pet: "If you want your pet when you get to heaven, you will have it."

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54081
07/22/06 02:28 PM
07/22/06 02:28 PM
L
liane  Offline
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
Ecclesiastes:

3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Breath meaning soul can be understood from the creation of Adam in Genesis:

2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

I do not believe our pets will be in heaven with us because that is the time of the judgment, but when God creates the new heaven and new earth I do believe that He will restore our pets to us. The question is, why would He not do so to complete our happiness. If we are going to have pets, why not the ones that we loved and enjoyed here?

Revelation only says that God will make a new heaven and a new earth. Meaning the earth is the planet itself, it does not speak of what will be on it.

Though the Bible is for us to learn of salvation and the love of our Father, what father would give a stone?

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54082
07/23/06 02:07 AM
07/23/06 02:07 AM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
Nearly all of our pets live with us inside, they are a part of our household and as such become members of our "pack". They bring happiness and sadness just as a child does, of course not to that extent, but still they are part of the family. And I truely believe that if having them on the new earth with us will enhance out joy then God will recreate them there to be our companions for eternity.

Redfog

If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all evidence you ever tried.
Re: Pets In Heaven? #54083
09/24/06 06:37 PM
09/24/06 06:37 PM
S
swisskris  Offline
Switzerland
I believe what will enhance our joy in Heaven is being in the presence of God and meeting Him face to face. Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit will be our companions for eternity and the children of God. The former things will pass away and behold all things will be made new.

Re: Pets In Heaven? #54084
09/25/06 03:13 AM
09/25/06 03:13 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
NO memories of my "Sammy" ?
-I am thrilled beyond understanding to be a proud caregiver to an Englis Spaniel. Sammy is jet Black with a little white on her chest. She has saved my mothers life! given my dad a new reason to get out of the house, about 4 walks per day! and brought a sparkplug of life into our home.
-Why would God my Father not have Sammy in my new home???

-oh yes, "the former things will pass away". let's get a thorough explanation of this often stated scripture statement, shall we?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!