HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,116 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Animals and the use of Force #54085
05/09/05 06:20 PM
05/09/05 06:20 PM
C
Claudia Thompson  Offline OP
England
Well I don't know about the animals having to be "born again". Perhaps so but then again, perhaps not.

Part of being "born again" has to do with making a conscious choice to accept God and His ways and animals don't have that capability of resoning.

When it comes to animals God sometimes did things with them to force them to do things without their choice such as the animals marching two by two into Noah's Ark, and Balaam's donkey, and shutting the mouths of the otherwise "sinful" lions in the lion's den where Daniel was.

What I mean is that they became "holy, obedient" animals on command, without having to go through any conversion process [Smile]

So I'm thinking maybe when it comes to the otherwise "sinful" lions being able to dwell with the lamb in heaven peacefully, perhaps they could be some of the same lions that were here on earth in our world.

...of course that's all just speculation though. I do very much hope that our pets can be in Heaven.

Notice that we are told that it is only the selfish heart of man that lives unto itself...

Desire of Ages pg 20,21
"In the beginning, God was revealed in all the works of creation. It was Christ that spread the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth. It was His hand that hung the worlds in space, and fashioned the flowers of the field. "His strength setteth fast the mountains." "The sea is His, and He made it." Ps. 65:6; 95:5. It was He that filled the earth with beauty, and the air with song. And upon all things in earth, and air, and sky, He wrote the message of the Father's love.

Now sin has marred God's perfect work, yet that handwriting remains. Even now all created things declare the glory of His excellence. There is nothing, save the selfish heart of man, that lives unto itself. No bird that cleaves the air, no animal that moves upon the ground, but ministers to some other life. There is no leaf of the forest, or lowly blade of grass, but has its ministry. Every tree and shrub and leaf pours forth that element of life without which neither man nor animal could live; and man and animal, in turn, minister to the life of tree and shrub and leaf. The flowers breathe fragrance and unfold their beauty in blessing to the world. The sun sheds its light to gladden a thousand worlds. The ocean, itself the source of all our springs and fountains, receives the streams from every land, but takes to give. The mists ascending from its bosom fall in showers to water the earth, that it may bring forth and bud."

I forgot to add the money in the fish's mouth when Jesus needed it and also the Whale in the Jonah's story. Even the fishes did what God told them to when God wanted them to.

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54086
05/09/05 07:07 PM
05/09/05 07:07 PM
C
England
One last thought... Notice in the quote below, that MAYBE there's a hint here when it says that "the fierce will BECOME GENTLE" in heaven... this hints maybe that formerly fierce animals will be changed in heaven...

also notice that "the lion shall eat straw like the ox. . . . They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain" (Isa. 11:6-9), saith the Lord."

The animals will eat vegetarian meals [Smile] like think of it this way...

Dogs and Cats are notorious for fighting and hating each other. But if you put the dog and cat into a peaceful environment where there isnt any need for fear or for hunting other animals for food to survive... like as in a domestic situation, dogs and cats can become actually very good friends. Like you see pictures of kittys and doggies cuddled up together, and so on. Well in heaven the environment will not be like here on earth now. Animals wont need to hunt to survive or to be living in fear of human beings.

Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, July 1, 1915, paragraph 23
Article Title: Visions of Future Glory
"Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land forever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified." Isa. 60:18-21.

There man will be restored to his lost kingship, and the lower order of beings will again recognize his sway; the fierce will become gentle, and the timid trustful. "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. . . . They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain" (Isa. 11:6-9), saith the Lord."

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54087
05/09/05 07:42 PM
05/09/05 07:42 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Excellent food for thought Claudia! Thanks for posting on here. I sure hope our pets will be in Heaven. I mean, they are so special to us here, I would be so happy to have all my pets with me since I'm an animal lover!!

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54088
05/10/05 12:19 AM
05/10/05 12:19 AM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54089
05/10/05 03:06 AM
05/10/05 03:06 AM
C
England
Patriarchs and Prophets, page 97, paragraph 3
Chapter Title: The Flood
The period of their probation was about to expire. Noah had faithfully followed the instructions which he had received from God. The ark was finished in every part as the Lord had directed, and was stored with food for man and beast. And now the servant of God made his last solemn appeal to the people. With an agony of desire that words cannot express, he entreated them to seek a refuge while it might be found. Again they rejected his words, and raised their voices in jest and scoffing. Suddenly a silence fell upon the mocking throng. Beasts of every description, the fiercest as well as the most gentle, were seen coming from mountain and forest and quietly making their way toward the ark. A noise as of a rushing wind was heard, and lo, birds were flocking from all directions, their numbers darkening the heavens, and in perfect order they passed to the ark. Animals obeyed the command of God, while men were disobedient. Guided by holy angels, they "went in two and two unto Noah into the ark," and the clean beasts by sevens. The world looked on in wonder, some in fear. Philosophers were called upon to account for the singular occurrence, but in vain. It was a mystery which they could not fathom. But men had become so hardened by their persistent rejection of light that even this scene produced but a momentary impression."

Forgot to add that quotation [Smile]

and now that I think of it, I shouldnt of really used the word "force" I shouldve just said the animals obey God's command.

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54090
05/10/05 01:48 PM
05/10/05 01:48 PM
C
England
debbie,

You should see my pussycat named Moses. We have this old computer chair that he loves. Ever since he was little, he will make a running start from the other room and actually jump on the arm of the chair and spin around it and land on his back in the seat of the chair, then pull himself back up onto the arm of the chair and spin again. He's been known to do that as much as four times, spinning in a row! Its like he's at the olympics, he's into gymnastics. I've actually thought of video taping him doing that and seeing if they'd put him on that TV Show "America's Funniest Home Videos" or that other similar show for Animals and funny home videos, can't remember what it's called.

Plus he's just such a loveable kitty, I hope so much he will be in Heaven. [Smile] meow!

Claudia

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54091
05/10/05 01:52 PM
05/10/05 01:52 PM
C
England
sorry if in any time in the past on here someone may have said something to me and I didn't answer. It just seems like I always say the wrong thing and get myself in trouble on these forums and so a while back I decided just to maybe make a comment here and there and dont even read what anyone might say to me or answer them. That way I cant get myself in trouble or have anyone get mad at me [Smile]

Claudia

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54092
05/11/05 03:28 AM
05/11/05 03:28 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Claudia--you MUST videotape your kitty because some day he won't be with you and it will be a wonderful memory of him!

I think the TV show is called America's Funniest Home Movies or something like that. I've only seen it once or twice and thought it was funny. You should send it in, you might win the prize money for it! Don't send in the original though...

I wish I had of videotaped some of our dogs and cats we had in the past. When they are on video, it brings back such special memories when you see them.

Also Phil thanks for posting the url for that site about the dog and the baby. What a sweet story!! I wonder if that young mother that had that baby was praying for it?

It reminds me of a little story years ago about a young mother who was about to pull into a parking space at a store like WalMart and here was a large paper bag. She was about to just run over it when the bag moved. She stopped to investigate and it was a newborn baby!! She took it to the hospital and of course it was adopted out. But she shuddered to think that she almost just ran over it!!!

I'm so thankful this little mama dog realized this baby needed help in Africa.

Re: Animals and the use of Force #54093
05/27/05 07:58 AM
05/27/05 07:58 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
I just love watching that show - funniest animals!
Amazing things that they can get up to, so I have this picture of Moses,spinning on the chair, it must be so funny to watch!

You mentioned cat's fighting, I have just broken one up outside - neighbours cat is always bailing some poor cat up, including my own who is sporting the marks of self defence at the moment, and VERY grumpy!

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!