HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6494
07/22/00 10:32 PM
07/22/00 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

A few months ago I ran across a wonderful little book put out by Margaret Davis, "What Shall I do To Inherit Eternal Life? This book has been such a blessing to me in my walk with Jesus I felt impressed to share from this book. I am going to try to re-post what I had before....I did not save the thread to disk so I will be unable to have it all...
--------------------------------------------

John 5:39

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Testimonies for the Church Volume Five
Page 746

If there was ever a people in need of constantly increasing light from heaven, it is the people that, in this time of peril, God has called to be the depositaries of His holy law and to vindicate His character before the world. Those to whom has been committed a trust so sacred must be spiritualized, elevated, vitalized, by the truths they profess to believe.

The Desire of Ages
Page 671

The very image of God is to be reproduced in humanity. The honor of God, the honor of Christ, is involved in the perfection of the character of His people.

---end of quotes---

My prayer for all of us is that we let nothing come between us and eternal life. If we do it will be of our own choosing as nothing can come between us and receiving the gift of eternal life except by our own doing. Our Saviour died on the cross so we could gain eternal life...what a price He paid, and all we have to pay is nothing. Just give our life to Him and follow where He leads without question no matter where it might be.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[This message has been edited by Avalee Lohman (edited April 05, 2001).]

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6495
07/22/00 10:41 PM
07/22/00 10:41 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Romans 10:2-3

2-For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3-For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Testimonies for the Church Volume Four
Page 394

There are more souls longing to understand how they may come to Christ than we imagine. Many listen to popular sermons from the pulpit and know no better than before they listened how to find Jesus and the peace and rest which their souls desire. Ministers who preach the last message of mercy to the world should bear in mind that Christ is to be exalted as the sinner's refuge. Many ministers think that it is not necessary to preach repentance and faith, with a heart all subdued by the love of God; they take it for granted that their hearers are perfectly acquainted with the gospel, and that matters of a different nature must be presented in order to hold their attention. If their hearers are interested, they take it as evidence of success. The people are more ignorant in regard to the plan of salvation and need more instruction upon this all-important subject than upon any other.

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6496
07/22/00 10:49 PM
07/22/00 10:49 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Ephesians 2:8-10

8- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9- Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10- For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Selected Messages Book 1
Page 363-364

Genuine faith appropriates the righteousness of Christ, and the sinner is made an overcomer with Christ; for he is made a partaker of the divine nature, and thus divinity and humanity are combined.

He who is trying to reach heaven by his own works in keeping the law, is attempting an impossibility. Man cannot be saved without obedience, but his works should not be of himself; Christ should work in him to will and to do of His good pleasure.

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6497
07/25/00 06:06 PM
07/25/00 06:06 PM
S
Sue Gilmore  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Whittemore, MI USA
Hi Avalee,
That little book is more than a treasure to me--for it brought me from death to life 10 years ago.

About that time, I had drifted away from the Saviour through a neglect of my Quiet Time with Jesus. One morning, I woke up feeling stressed with all I had to do and quickly jumped into my day without sitting at Jesus' feet. Well, one day soon led to another until before I realized what had happened, I was totally disconnected and back at square 1--that is, back to the place where I had been before I had ever heard of Jesus. For me that meant--no control and no patience. Screaming and yelling became common sounds in our home. Every Sunday was a battle ground with my sweetheart over the stupidest things...until one day he came to me with tears streaming down his cheeks, saying, "Honey, I don't like being married to you anymore!" I ran away from him in tears--but not blaming him. For who could love a screaming, bossy woman?

That's about when the Lord sent Frances Prins into my life. The first time I met Frances, she said with the gentlest smile, "Isn't it wonderful how the Lord gives us victory over our tempers?" Believe me, I just looked at her when she said that! How could she know what's going on in my life? I wondered. She just met me!

Well, eventually she gave me a copy of your wonderful book, HOW TO EXPERIENCE THE GOSPEL (What Shall I Do To Inherit Eternal Life is actually an abridged version of Margaret's 3 books; the first is How To Experience the Gospel). And I couldn't put it down. Every chance I got, I was in that book. And bit by bir, the Spirit opened my blind eyes to who I had become (you see--all this time, I thought I was OK, incredible as that may seem!).

When I read, "Harshness, roughness in words or manner, evilspeaking, passionate words cannot exist in the soul that is looking to Jesus," I heard the shouting and nagging coming out of my mouth. And realized, with a shock, that I didn't know Jesus. Not anymore.

As I learned, "how you conduct yourself in your home life, you are registered in the books of heaven," I came back to Jesus. For not only did this book awaken me to my true condition, but it provided me with the way back to the arms of Christ. As a result, I looked forward to spending time with Jesus. How I saturated myself in His presence! I often lifted my heart to Him in prayer--while I was washing the dishes, driving in the car, or walking down the trails in our woods. And through it all, I was experiencing victory every day! Oh, my children still tested me. My husband and I didn't always agree. But now I knew the Way Out. I would call on Jesus saying, "Lord, I'm your child. Flood me with Your power." And even though I couldn't see Him, I knew Jesus was with me. And He gave me resurrection power to say no to every temptation and sin.

And now, ten years later, I can still say, Jesus is the dearest Friend in all the world to me. I just can't get enough of Him! Like it says in MB 20, "The continual cry of the heart is "More of Thee," and ever the Spirit's answer is, "Much more." Romans 5:9,10. " Now,I just want to share with everyone what He is still doing in my life, how I am experiencing the presence of His life-changing love day by day. Words aren't enough to say how much I love my Saviour and all He has done for me!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY WITH JESUS,
Sue

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6498
07/27/00 05:34 AM
07/27/00 05:34 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Sue what a beautiful testimony...Praise God for the victory over our sins we can have when we totally surrender ourselves to God and let Him give us the power to overcome.

Sue I did not know that there are 3 other books..I only have this one. I will have to check into the others.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6499
08/05/00 02:09 PM
08/05/00 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Romans 1:16-17

16 -For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 -For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Ministry of Healing
Page 143

And while the world is filled with these evils, the gospel is too often presented in so indifferent a manner as to make but little impression upon the consciences or the lives of men. Everywhere there are hearts crying out for something which they have not. They long for a power that will give them mastery over sin, a power that will deliver them from the bondage of evil, a power that will give health and life and peace. Many who once knew the power of God's word have dwelt where there is no recognition of God, and they long for the divine presence.

The Desire of Ages
Page 391

By looking constantly to Jesus with the eye of faith, we shall be strengthened. God will make the most precious revelations to His hungering, thirsting people. They will find that Christ is a personal Saviour. As they feed upon His word, they find that it is spirit and life. The word destroys the natural, earthly nature, and imparts a new life in Christ Jesus.

Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers
Page 385

We are living in times full of importance to each one. Light is shining in clear, steady rays around us. If this light is rightly received and appreciated, it will be a blessing to us and to others; but if we trust in our own wisdom and strength, or in the wisdom and strength of our fellowmen, it will be turned into a poison. In the struggle for eternal life, we cannot lean upon one another. The bread of life must be eaten by each one. Individually we must partake of it, that soul, body, and mind may be revived and strengthened by its transforming power, thus becoming assimilated to the mind and character of Jesus Christ. God must be made first and last and best in everything.

---End of Quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

[This message has been edited by Avalee Lohman (edited April 04, 2001).]

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6500
08/06/00 10:12 PM
08/06/00 10:12 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thank you, Sister Sue.

I appreciated your testimony also.

Maybe you could tell us more in the Testimonial forum.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6501
08/13/00 01:45 AM
08/13/00 01:45 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Eph. 1:18

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints

Evangelism
Page 152

I wish you to distinctly understand this point, that souls are kept from obeying the truth by a confusion of ideas, and also because they do not know how to surrender their wills and their minds to Jesus. They want special instruction how to become Christians.

2 Cor. 13:5

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Our High Calling
Page 336

Many are sensible of their great deficiency, and they read, and pray, and resolve, and yet make no progress. They seem to be powerless to resist temptation. The reason is, they do not go deep enough. They do not seek for a thorough conversion of the soul, that the streams which issue from it may be pure, and the deportment may testify that Christ reigns within. All defects of character originate in the heart. Pride, vanity, evil temper, and covetousness proceed from the carnal heart unrenewed by the grace of Christ. If the heart is refined, softened, and ennobled, the words and actions will testify to the fact. When the soul has been entirely surrendered to God, there will be a firm reliance upon His promises, and earnest prayer and determined effort to control the words and actions.

Selected Messages Book 1
Page 171

Do not allow anything to draw your attention from the question, "What shall I do to inherit eternal life?" (Luke 10:25). This is a life and death question, which we must each settle for eternity.

Col. 4:12

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6502
08/19/00 10:30 PM
08/19/00 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Luke 18:18

And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

Matthew 19:17-22

17 -And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 -He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 -Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 -The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 -Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 -But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 391

His conception of the law was external and superficial. Judged by a human standard, he had preserved an unblemished character. To a great degree his outward life had been free from guilt; he verily thought that his obedience had been without a flaw. Yet he had a secret fear that all was not right between his soul and God. This prompted the question, "What lack I yet?"

The Desire of Ages
Page 519

Christ read the ruler's heart. Only one thing he lacked, but that was a vital principle. He needed the love of God in the soul.

---end of quotes---

What does it mean to you to have the Love of God in the soul?

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6503
08/26/00 02:08 PM
08/26/00 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Matthew 19:26

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

2 Cor 5:14

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 158

We may be active, we may do much work; but without love, such love as dwelt in the heart of Christ, we can never be numbered with the family of heaven.

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 384

Love is the basis of godliness. Whatever the profession, no man has pure love to God unless he has unselfish love for his brother. But we can never come into possession of this spirit by trying to love others. What is needed is the love of Christ in the heart. When self is merged in Christ, love springs forth spontaneously. The completeness of Christian character is attained when the impulse to help and bless others springs constantly from within-- when the sunshine of heaven fills the heart and is revealed in the countenance.

Eph. 3:14-19

14 -For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 -Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 -That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 -That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 -May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 -And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

---End of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!