HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6504
10/08/00 12:55 AM
10/08/00 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

James 2:8-10

8- If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

9- But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

10- For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Phil. 2:3-4

3- Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4- Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Romans 13:9-10

9- For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10- Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Our High Calling
Page 235

Christ treats anger as murder. . . . Passionate words are a savor of death unto death. He who utters them is not cooperating with God to save his fellow man. In heaven this wicked railing is placed in the same list as common swearing. While hatred is cherished in the soul there is not one iota of the love of God there.

1 John 4:12

12- No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Jude 21

Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope
Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6505
10/08/00 03:05 AM
10/08/00 03:05 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Avalee Lohman:

Our High Calling
Page 235

Christ treats anger as murder. . . . Passionate words are a savor of death unto death. He who utters them is not cooperating with God to save his fellow man. In heaven this wicked railing is placed in the same list as common swearing. While hatred is cherished in the soul there is not one iota of the love of God there.

The above quote is a really heavy one and one we need to be really cautious about.

In other words, we should definitely make sure our anger is truly righteous anger.

To play it safe we really should never get angry.

I think we all have work to do in this area in MSDAOL and elsewhere.

-----------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6506
10/08/00 02:27 PM
10/08/00 02:27 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Amen Daryl.....The Lord has put me in a work related area that tests me all the time with my anger. Praise the Lord I have seen growth...but sometimes this co-worker tests a person to the limit. I might not show my anger to her but in my mind I am angry...then I catch myself and pray for us both. There are very few people who like her. I tell them just think how bad it is for you to be around her and listen to her angry words, etc....BUT you do get to leave and go away from her...SHE has to stay in her mind all the time. How unhappy she must really be to be living it 24/7 and not having any time off from her mind. I truly feel sorry for her and am trying to give her encourgement whenever I can. She is around 65-70 age brackett.

In The Blessed Hope
Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6507
10/09/00 12:34 AM
10/09/00 12:34 AM
C
Catherine  Offline
Charter Member
Veteran Member
Michigan, USA
That is a good idea, Avalee. People who are angry all the time are that way for a reason. Unconditional love and acceptance, not of their behavior, but of their person, is the best way to break through to them and eventually make a change in them.

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6508
11/04/00 10:29 PM
11/04/00 10:29 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Proverbs 14:2
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

The Desire of Ages
Page 172

He who is trying to reach heaven by his own works in keeping the law is attempting an impossibility. There is no safety for one who has merely a legal religion, a form of godliness. The Christian's life is not a modification or improvement of the old, but a transformation of nature. There is a death to self and sin, and a new life altogether. This change can be brought about only by the effectual working of the Holy Spirit.

S.D.A. Bible Commentary Vol. 6
Page 1075

Many Buried Alive.--The new birth is a rare experience in this age of the world. This is the reason why there are so many perplexities in the churches. Many, so many, who assume the name of Christ are unsanctified and unholy. They have been baptized, but they were buried alive. Self did not die, and therefore they did not rise to newness of life in Christ (MS 148, 1897).

S.D.A. Bible Commentary Vol. 6
Page 1101

Grace Not Inherited.--The old nature, born of blood and the will of the flesh, cannot inherit the kingdom of God. The old ways, the hereditary tendencies, the former habits, must be given up; for grace is not inherited. The new birth consists in having new motives, new tastes, new tendencies. Those who are begotten unto a new life by the Holy Spirit, have become partakers of the divine nature, and in all their habits and practices they will give evidence of their relationship to Christ.

2 Cor. 5:17-18
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6509
11/11/00 11:05 PM
11/11/00 11:05 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Eph. 4:22-24
22-That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23-And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24-And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing
Page 54
Chapter Title: The Spirituality of the Law

While the law is holy, the Jews could not attain righteousness by their own efforts to keep the law. The disciples of Christ must obtain righteousness of a different character from that of the Pharisees, if they would enter the kingdom of heaven. God offered them, in His Son, the perfect righteousness of the law. If they would open their hearts fully to receive Christ, then the very life of God, His love, would dwell in them, transforming them into His own likeness; and thus through God's free gift they would possess the righteousness which the law requires. But the Pharisees rejected Christ; "being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness" (Romans 10:3), they would not submit themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Jesus proceeded to show His hearers what it means to keep the commandments of God--that it is a reproduction in themselves of the character of Christ. For in Him, God was daily made manifest before them.

Eph. 2:8-10
8-For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9-Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10-For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Phil. 3:8-9
8-Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9-And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6510
11/25/00 10:56 PM
11/25/00 10:56 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Matthew 25:1-4
1- Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2- And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3- They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4- But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 406

As Christ sat looking upon the party that waited for the bridegroom, He told His disciples the story of the ten virgins, by their experience illustrating the experience of the church that shall live just before His second coming.

The two classes of watchers represent the two classes who profess to be waiting for their Lord. They are called virgins because they profess a pure faith. By the lamps is represented the word of God. The psalmist says, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto may path." Ps. 119:105. The oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit.

In the parable, all the ten virgins went out to meet the bridegroom. All had lamps and vessels for oil. For a time there was seen no difference between them. So with the church that lives just before Christ's second coming. All have a knowledge of the Scriptures. All have heard the message of Christ's near approach, and confidently expect His appearing. But as in the parable, so it is now. A time of waiting intervenes, faith is tried; and when the cry is heard, "Behold, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet Him," many are unready. They have no oil in their vessels with their lamps. They are destitute of the Holy Spirit.

1 John 4:13
Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 411

The class represented by the foolish virgins are not hypocrites. They have a regard for the truth, they have advocated the truth, they are attracted to those who believe the truth; but they have not yielded themselves to the Holy Spirit's working. They have not fallen upon the Rock, Christ Jesus, and permitted their old nature to be broken up. This class are represented also by the stony-ground hearers. They receive the word with readiness, but they fail of assimilating its principles. Its influence is not abiding. The Spirit works upon man's heart, according to his desire and consent implanting in him a new nature; but the class represented the foolish virgins have been content with a superficial work. They do not know God.

Eph. 3:16-19
16- That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17- That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18- May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19- And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope
Avalee

[This message has been edited by Avalee Lohman (edited April 05, 2001).]

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6511
01/07/01 12:23 AM
01/07/01 12:23 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Matthew 22:2, 11-14

2- The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son...11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12- And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13- Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14- For many are called, but few are chosen.

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 317
Chapter Title: Without a Wedding Garment

In the parable, when the king inquired, "How camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment?" the man was speechless. So it will be in the great judgment day. Men may now excuse their defects of character, but in that day they will offer no excuse.

Proverbs 14:12

12 -There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 307

The parable of the wedding garment opens before us a lesson of the highest consequence. By the marriage is represented the union of humanity with divinity; the wedding garment represents the character which all must possess who shall be accounted fit guests for the wedding.

Rev. 19:7-8

7- Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8- And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

---end of Quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6512
01/07/01 03:24 PM
01/07/01 03:24 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thank you, Avalee, for continuing this topic.

The wedding garment in truth isn't clothing at all as what you quoted points out.

It isn't what we wear physically that counts.

It is what we wear spiritually that truly counts.

Daryl

Re: What Shall I do To Be Eternally Saved? #6513
03/18/01 01:55 AM
03/18/01 01:55 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness...

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 310

...It is the righteousness of Christ, His own unblemished character, that through faith is imparted to all who receive Him as their personal Saviour.

(This whole chapter is beautiful)

Christ's Object Lessons
Page 311-312

This robe, woven in the loom of heaven, has in it not one thread of human devising. Christ in His humanity wrought out a perfect character, and this character He offers to impart to us. "All our righteousness are as filthy rags." Isa. 64:6. Everything that we of ourselves can do is defiled by sin. But the Son of God "was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him is no sin" 1 John 3:5. Sin is defined to be "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4. But Christ was obedient to every requirement of the law. He said of Himself, "I delight to do Thy will, O My God; yea, Thy law is within My heart." Ps. 40:8. When on earth, He said to His disciples, "I have kept My Father's commandments." John 15:10. By His perfect obedience He has made it possible for every human being to obey God's commandments. When we submit ourselves to Christ, the heart is united with His heart, the will is merged in His will, the mind becomes one with His mind, the thoughts are brought into captivity to Him; we live His life. This is what it means to be clothed with the garment of His righteousness. Then as the Lord looks upon us He sees, not the fig-leaf garment, not the nakedness and deformity of sin, but His own robe of righteousness, which is perfect obedience to the law of Jehovah.

---end of quotes---

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!