HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Kevin H), 3,380 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Re: Earth quarantined? #6951
02/22/05 01:18 AM
02/22/05 01:18 AM
T
Tim Moodie  Offline OP
Posting New Member
Brunswick, Maine
I need help finding a reference or, alternatively, finding that it doesn't exist after all. I have searched the EGW Estate website with no luck.

I am looking for a (perhaps imagined) reference to the earth being - in essence - quarantined with regards to the unfallen worlds in order that sin would not spread.

Did I dream this or does anyone know where I could find such a reference. Additionally, are there any compilations anyone knows of which focus on sister Whites statements regarding these unfallen worlds and the beings who inhabit them?

Thanks for your patience and willingness to attend to such a strange question.

Tim

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6952
02/22/05 05:22 AM
02/22/05 05:22 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
A good way to obtain info like this is to ask the White Estate itself. Try emailing this address (they're usually really good about answering questions):

mail@WhiteEstate.org

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6953
02/22/05 11:29 AM
02/22/05 11:29 AM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Tim,

Have you searched under "tree of life" ?

Now in the scriptures Satan is bound to earth and cannot tempt the other worlds...perhaps this is what you are referring to?

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6954
02/22/05 12:19 PM
02/22/05 12:19 PM
Jan  Offline
Ohio
Tim, did you ever find this? I have read this too, but also cannot remember where. I would be most interested if you find the location. I read at some time (someone's opinion in a book or magazine) that because of this quarantine, man would only be able to go into space so far and no further. Arthur S. Maxwell comes to my mind, but I don't know how accurate that memory is.

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6955
02/22/05 01:05 PM
02/22/05 01:05 PM
T
Tim Moodie  Offline OP
Posting New Member
Brunswick, Maine
Thanks, each of you, for your assistance and ideas. I will try emailing the White Estate and I will try a search for "Tree of Life."

No, Jan, I haven't found it for sure. I found a paper written by a third party to this effect but that wasn't where I got the notion originally. I will keep searching and let you know.

If anyone has any other ideas, any help is welcome.

Be a blessing,
Tim

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6956
02/22/05 01:36 PM
02/22/05 01:36 PM
T
Tim Moodie  Offline OP
Posting New Member
Brunswick, Maine
Well,

"Tree of Life" sure did yield some unsought and unexpected gems. Not what I was looking for but I did receive a blessing!

My favorite was this quote, "All the treasures of the universe will be open to the study of God's redeemed. Unfettered by mortality, they wing their tireless flight to worlds afar..." God's Amazing Grace p.368

Praise the Lord.

And this one, "Those who have made the most of their privileges to reach the highest attainments here, will take these valuable acquisitions with them into the future life. They have sought and obtained that which is imperishable. The capability to appreciate the glories that "eye hath not seen, nor ear heard," will be proportionate to the attainments reached in the cultivation of the faculties in this life," from page 365 of the same book.

Wow. Put's the moment by moment battle in a new light doesn't it? I've read these things before, but having them brought to the forefront of my awareness together like this was really something special.

Be a blessing and keep thinking about that Quarantine question.

Timotheous

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6957
02/23/05 04:04 AM
02/23/05 04:04 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The following passages teach that it wasn't until the death of Jesus on the cross that the last link of sympathy between the unfallen worlds and Satan was severed. However, Satan wasn't even then destroyed because the unfallen worlds did not understand everything regarding the great controversy.

This insight seems to suggest that the unfallen worlds were not completely immune to the affects of Satan's rebellion until after Jesus paid our sin debt on Calvary. It seems though that when Satan was cast to earth his access to unfallen worlds was restricted. In fact, there is evidence that he was never again allowed past the gates of heaven, which would suggest that he didn't have access to the other unfallen worlds throughout God's vast universe.

5BC 1132
The plan of salvation, making manifest the justice and love of God, provides an eternal safeguard against defection in unfallen worlds, as well as among those who shall be redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. (ST Dec. 30, 1889). {5BC 1132.9}

DA 758
Not until the death of Christ was the character of Satan clearly revealed to the angels or to the unfallen worlds. The archapostate had so clothed himself with deception that even holy beings had not understood his principles. They had not clearly seen the nature of his rebellion. {DA 758.3}

FW 119
The atonement of Calvary vindicated the law of God as holy, just, and true, not only before the fallen world but before heaven and before the worlds unfallen. Christ came to magnify the law and to make it honorable. {FW 118.2}

RC 60
Satan sought to make it appear that he was working for the liberty of the universe. He was determined to make his arguments so varied, so deceptive, so insidious, that everyone would be convinced that God's law was tyrannical. Even while hanging on the cross, assailed by Satan with his fiercest temptations, Christ was victorious. . . . With His parting breath He exclaimed, "It is finished." The battle had been won.... The blood of the innocent had been shed for the guilty. By the life that He gave, man was ransomed from eternal death, and the doom of him who had the power of death was sealed. {RC 60.2}

Not until the death of Christ was the character of Satan clearly revealed to the angels or to the unfallen worlds. Then the prevarications and accusations of him who had once been an exalted angel were seen in their true light. It was seen that his professedly spotless character was deceptive. His deeply laid scheme to exalt himself to supremacy was fully discerned. His falsehoods were apparent to all. God's authority was forever established. Truth triumphed over falsehood. {RC 60.3}

Not merely in the minds of a few finite creatures in this world, but in the minds of all the inhabitants of the heavenly universe, has the immutability of God's law been established. Satan's course against Christ was heralded to every world. When the issue was finally determined, every unfallen being expressed indignation at the rebellion. With one voice they extolled God as righteous, merciful, self-denying, just. . . . {RC 60.4}

The heavenly universe had witnessed the weapons that were chosen by the Prince of life--the words of Scripture, "It is written"; and the weapons used by the prince of the world--falsehood and deception. They had seen the Prince of life deal in straightforward lines of truth, honesty, and integrity, while the prince of the world exercised his power of cunning, artful secrecy, intrigue, enmity, and revenge. They had seen the One who bore the banner of truth sacrifice everything, even His life, to maintain truth, while the one who bore the banner of rebellion continued to strengthen his accusations against the God of truth. {RC 60.5}

The heavenly worlds and heaven itself were amazed at God's long forbearance.... The Lord had demonstrated His wisdom and justice in banishing Satan from heaven.... All the unfallen beings are now united in regarding God's law as changeless. . . . His law has been proved faultless. His government is forever secure.--Signs of the Times, Aug. 27, 1902. {RC 60.6}

DA 761
Satan saw that his disguise was torn away. His administration was laid open before the unfallen angels and before the heavenly universe. He had revealed himself as a murderer. By shedding the blood of the Son of God, he had uprooted himself from the sympathies of the heavenly beings. Henceforth his work was restricted. Whatever attitude he might assume, he could no longer await the angels as they came from the heavenly courts, and before them accuse Christ's brethren of being clothed with the garments of blackness and the defilement of sin. The last link of sympathy between Satan and the heavenly world was broken. {DA 761.2}

Yet Satan was not then destroyed. The angels did not even then understand all that was involved in the great controversy. The principles at stake were to be more fully revealed. And for the sake of man, Satan's existence must be continued. Man as well as angels must see the contrast between the Prince of light and the prince of darkness. He must choose whom he will serve. {DA 761.3}

1SM 348
In this choice the principles of Satan were made manifest; and the hosts of heaven, and all the worlds that God had created, judged that Satan was an accuser of the brethren, a liar, and a murderer. In heaven and among the unfallen worlds the question of Satan's deceiving power, of his malignant principles, was settled, and the perfect purity and holiness of Christ, who was bearing the test and trial in behalf of fallen man, was forever proved. Through the development of Satan's character and principles, he was forever uprooted from the affection of the unfallen worlds, and the controversy concerning his claims and the claims of Christ was forever settled in heaven. The righteousness manifested in the character of Christ was forever to be the anchor, the saving hope, of the world. Every soul who chooses Christ can say with faith, "The Lord my righteousness." {1SM 348.1}

EW 39, 40
There is perfect order and harmony in the Holy City. All the angels that are commissioned to visit the earth hold a golden card, which they present to the angels at the gates of the city as they pass in and out… {EW 39.2}

The Lord has given me a view of other worlds…. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. The reply was, "We have lived in strict obedience to the commandments of God, and have not fallen by disobedience, like those on the earth." Then I saw two trees, one looked much like the tree of life in the city. The fruit of both looked beautiful, but of one they could not eat. They had power to eat of both, but were forbidden to eat of one. Then my attending angel said to me, "None in this place have tasted of the forbidden tree; but if they should eat, they would fall." {EW 39.3}

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6958
02/24/05 09:59 AM
02/24/05 09:59 AM
Jan  Offline
Ohio
I have been hunting high and low for my copy of Planet in Rebellion by George Vandeman, I seem to remember that there is a chapter in there called "Footprints Across the Sky" or something similar, and I believe that is where I read about the earth being quarantined. Can't imagine how the book could become misplaced, I've treasured it because it was the book that brought our family into the church. If anyone has a copy and could check this out, that would be great.

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6959
02/25/05 03:58 PM
02/25/05 03:58 PM
T
Tim Moodie  Offline OP
Posting New Member
Brunswick, Maine
Ah marvelous! I will begin to look for that book myself. Sounds like a beauty! Thanks for pitchng in Jan. You see folks, I'm writing a book myself. One of it's primary supporting beams is this notion of our world being isolated until sin is vanquished and I would love to start the chapter which brings this out with a quote to that effect.

that's the whole point of this. Thanks again Jan, I'll look for that.

Hey here it is! I'm reading it now!
http://www.maranathamedia.com.au/Download/Books/PlanetInRebellion.pdf

Tim

Edit, "But now for a moment may I take you back to the scene of man’s first attempt-shall we say-to
escape into space?
It was out on a fertile Mesopotamian plain that men, defying their Maker, attempting to reach far
enough into the sky to escape any further judgment of God, built a tower of brick. Listen: ‘And they said,
Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest
we he scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.” Genesis 11:4.
It was then that the Lord God took a hand, you remember. By the simple expedient of confusing
their languages He effectively spread men to the ends of the earth. The resulting confusion has ever since
named this first space venture the Tower of Babel. For Babel, or Babylon, as the city was eventually
named, means “confusion.” Sin-rebellion against God, disobedience to His laws-has always resulted in
confusion-the kind of confusion and contradiction that Von Braun describes.
Could it be that this first attempt to escape into the heavens contains a warning for men in our
day?
I ask you, Would God permit restless, sin-contaminated men to invade the heavens? Would God
permit man with his hate and his greed, his pride and his lust, to travel to other inhabited planets in this
condition? God’s plan is to isolate sin until its final cure-not to spread it. And scrubbing our rockets germ
free will not solve the problem!"

From the book indicated above....

Re: Re: Earth quarantined? #6960
02/27/05 10:05 PM
02/27/05 10:05 PM
Jan  Offline
Ohio
So glad you found it! That book has blessed so many lives. May you be blessed as you write your book.

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!