HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,637
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,351 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What does it mean?? #7063
08/16/05 06:54 PM
08/16/05 06:54 PM
razorren  Offline OP
Bahamas
1T578

“In this state of things it was decided that we would return to Battle Creek and there remain while the roads were in a muddy, broken-up condition, and that I would there complete No. 12. My husband was very anxious to see his brethren at Battle Creek and speak to them and rejoice with them in the work which God was doing for him. I gathered up my writings, and we started on our journey. On the way we held two meetings in Orange and had evidence that the church
was profited and encouraged. We were ourselves refreshed by the Spirit of the Lord. That night I dreamed that I was in Battle Creek looking out from the side glass at the door and saw a company marching up to the house, two and two. They looked stern and determined. I knew them well and turned to open the parlor door to receive them, but thought I would look again. The scene was changed. The company now presented the appearance of a Catholic procession. One bore in his hand a cross, another a reed. And as they approached, the one carrying a reed made a circle around the house, saying three times: "This house is proscribed. The goods must be confiscated. They have spoken against our holy order." Terror seized me, and I ran through the house, out of the north door, and found myself in the midst of a company, some of whom I knew, but I dared not speak a word to them for fear of being betrayed. I tried to seek a retired spot where I might weep and pray without meeting eager, inquisitive eyes wherever I turned. I repeated frequently: "If I could only understand this! If they will tell me what I have said or what I have done!"
I wept and prayed much as I saw our goods confiscated.

I tried to read sympathy or pity for me in the looks of those around me, and marked the countenances of several whom I thought would speak to me and comfort me if they did not fear that they would be observed by others. I made one attempt to escape from the crowd, but seeing that I was watched, I concealed my intentions. I commenced weeping aloud, and saying: "If they would only tell me what I have done or what I have said!" My husband, who was sleeping in a bed in the same room, heard me weeping aloud and awoke me. My pillow was wet with tears, and a sad depression of spirits was upon me. {1T 578.1}

--Ren

Re: What does it mean?? #7064
08/16/05 07:12 PM
08/16/05 07:12 PM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Ren, I believe this is so sad because it was people Mrs. White knew. It could have possibly been fellow workers in the Church.

These workers in the church obviously joined the fellowship of the Catholic Church and these same fellow workers took all her belongings.

I don't know for sure what this dream means but I've thought a lot about it. Do you know?

Re: What does it mean?? #7065
08/16/05 09:58 PM
08/16/05 09:58 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Sounds to me like the time of trouble.

Re: What does it mean?? #7066
08/17/05 01:22 AM
08/17/05 01:22 AM
razorren  Offline OP
Bahamas
My humble opinion is this...

Sounds like the tares and the wheat growing together till the shaking. Like betrayal from within during the time of trouble. And from those we never would have thought.

Sobering.

--Ren

Re: What does it mean?? #7067
08/17/05 01:04 PM
08/17/05 01:04 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Ren,

If we were farmer's in the field, we could see how wheat grows and how there is no difference between the grain of wheat and the tare!

They both look exactly alike until they bear up their fruit. When the tare bears it's fruit, it is no longer the tare because it is no lonoger hidden among all the good wheat.

Agreed, the wheat and the tares will grow together.

Yet this does not in any way signify that the evil will be clearly seen to others. For the tare is hidden and let us remember that hidden tare is only known to the Lord while mankind may have their suspicions and/or opinions.

Therefore to pull out people due to suspicion and/or personal opinion would be to remove the tares without ample knowledge. But if there is a tare which has borne its fruit, we are to be obedient and dedicated to the Lord to follow the established education which He has set forth to remove the known sinners which are not repentant to the Lord's will.

Christ teaches:

quote:
Matthew
7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Currently we do presently live in the time of trouble because we are on probation but let this sentence be understood that it does not represent we are in "the time of trouble which the earth has never seen such before ."

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: What does it mean?? #7068
08/18/05 03:11 AM
08/18/05 03:11 AM
razorren  Offline OP
Bahamas
Hi Cheri...always a pleasure to chat with you.

quote:
Originally posted by Cheri Fritz:
Yet this does not in any way signify that the evil will be clearly seen to others. For the tare is hidden and let us remember that hidden tare is only known to the Lord while mankind may have their suspicions and/or opinions.

Therefore to pull out people due to suspicion and/or personal opinion would be to remove the tares without ample knowledge. But if there is a tare which has borne its fruit, we are to be obedient and dedicated to the Lord to follow the established education which He has set forth to remove the known sinners which are not repentant to the Lord's will.
Currently we do presently live in the time of trouble because we are on probation but let this sentence be understood that it does not represent we are in "the time of trouble which the earth has never seen such before ."

Agreed. However...

(1) A tare is a tare because of sin. They will grow together with the wheat, but the seperation will take place after the close of probation and before the Lord returns. Those who are not sealed will experience the plagues, and no tare can be sealed and remain a tare. So the separation is something that God (not man) will do.

(2) "Terror seized me, and I ran through the house, out of the north door, and found myself in the midst of a company, some of whom I knew, but I dared not speak a word to them for fear of being betrayed." Both the Bible and Sister White speak of a great falling away. We dare not judge the unseen in a mans heart and mind, however, her dream does seem to point to some future time where those who once walked with us will walk away from the truth and turn on us.

Well, this is my view, which is open to correction.

[Wink]

--Ren

Re: What does it mean?? #7069
08/18/05 03:43 AM
08/18/05 03:43 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
This like much other discussion looks so separated from the speakers. Watch the fruits of them over there. But Jesus once said that what we see in others are like grains of dust and mainly blocked out by the logg in our face. Could you or I be in the procession? Could you or I be in the crowd silenced by fear? Do we reach out to those in need of support or do we join the crowd giving a silent approval? There is way to much fruitgazing and fruitjudging going on in most christian circles today, adventists being not the least.
Can I get an honest vote, how many of you who have participated in this thread have applied it to yourselves? Remember that it is not someone elses fruit you will be judged by. If you desire to worry about someones fruit, it should be your own.
There are many spiritual gifts mentioned in the bible, teaching, apostleship, pastoring, prophesying, but there is only one gardener. Only God prunes the wine. One branch cannot cut of another one, that only the gardener can do.

As for the passage that begun the thread, it clears somewhat if the 2-3 pages that follows it are read.

/Thomas

Re: What does it mean?? #7070
08/17/05 04:07 PM
08/17/05 04:07 PM
razorren  Offline OP
Bahamas
Hi Thomas,

I agree that we should first examine our own lives to see what needs correcting. This should always be our prayer. That the Lord would reveal to us that which is not pleasing to Him.

Yes, there is certainly too much fruit gazing. But that is due to the intentions. We seek to justify our own falts / sins / lukewarmness, by looking for flaws in others. Love on the other hand would compel us to be our brothers keeper. Meaning, when we see fruit that is not of the Spirit, we should give our brother a helping hand, encourage him/her to repent and seek the Lord. To awaking while there is still time. To work while there is still time to work. If we did more of this, we would be much stronger than we are today.

But its prophetic is it not? The love of many will wax cold.

For the E Whote dream that I posted, I will read further the see what more she says.

--Ren

Re: What does it mean?? #7071
08/17/05 06:06 PM
08/17/05 06:06 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
There was another discussion on this same vision in the "Surviving This World" area a little over a year and a half ago:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=69;t=000020

Re: What does it mean?? #7072
08/17/05 06:48 PM
08/17/05 06:48 PM
razorren  Offline OP
Bahamas
quote:
Originally posted by John H.:
There was another discussion on this same vision in the "Surviving This World" area a little over a year and a half ago:

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=69;t=000020

Thanks John. Just started reading the thread and the topic of undercover Jesuits came up.

I was reminded of something that I heard a SDA pastor say...and it went something like..why do they need to send undercover jesuits to infiltrate us, when we send our pastors, elders, teachers, doctors and young people to them? And their books, plays, and music are welcomed into many of our homes and churches.

He expanded it to not on mean the RCC, but also the other worldly teachings that many subscrible to. (i.e. Willow Creek).

Reading on.....

--Ren

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!