HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,639
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73467
05/15/06 02:00 AM
05/15/06 02:00 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Quote:

I've always understood John to be saying what you posted above, but I have to confess, I'm still not clear on what it implies to John and you. I thought the standards of Christianity are clearly set out in the Ten Commandments which is summarized in the golden rule so far as our relationship with each other go, that having confessed and repented of sins and having submitted to the Lordship of Christ, out of love to God, we 'go and sin no more'. That's how we accept God's righteousness and the paradigm shift is the work of the Holy Spirit at the new birth and continuing on in the believer’s life. . . But accepting His judgement? That seems to mean something special to John that I'm not clear on.

Appreciate your comments, Mark. In relation to the standards of Christianity being the Ten Commandments summarized in the golden rules. That is sort of the point of this discussion here regarding the need of redemption.
See how when we speak of the golden rules, we talk of love and forgiveness and grace; but when one speaks of the law they speak penalty, revenge and death.

Now what and why is the discrepancy between the law and the golden rule?

How come the golden rule vanishes (to love your neighbor as yourself)? Who would like to have penalty, vengeance and death on themselves?

How is it they require or see God requiring it of others?

If God really does require it of others, then if we fulfill the first golden rule of loving him with all our heart and mind and soul and strength how shall we ever fulfill the second one. Do you think that the second golden rule could be interpreted to mean requiring penalty, vengeance and death on others? If so, why would it not apply to us? So with this type of theology then we end up needing someone to save us from such a golden rule.

And what do we long for ourselves, and look forward to in heaven, but the original golden rule which speaks love, forgiveness and grace. Should we not do so unto others; but where do we get this idea? Much more, where do we get this spirit of love, forgiveness and grace? Do we not obtain it from him whom we are to love with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength? If so, is he not the source of it?

If so, where are vengeance, penalty and death from? How is it that with sin gone, death is gone? How is it that with sin gone all these ideas of retributive justice vanish?

When does retributive justice vanish?
Does it vanish when my neighbor has no sin? If so, why did they crucify the Lord?
Does it vanish when I am free of sin? Yes, it does. It was so demonstrated in Christ and in all his followers.

Interesting isn’t it?

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73468
05/15/06 04:13 AM
05/15/06 04:13 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:

Sinning, in and of itself, does not cause us to die the second death.

According to the Spirit of Prophecy, death is the inevitable result of sin. Actually, according to the Bible, death is the result of sin. It was the serpent who suggested that sin would not result in death. He was wrong, as Christ's death demonstrated.

The following quote makes clear that it was not God's intention that Adam and Eve should sin, and that their death was the result of their sin.

Quote:

It was not the will of God that the sinless pair should know aught of evil. He had freely given them the good, and had withheld the evil. But, contrary to His command, they had eaten of the forbidden tree, and now they would continue to eat of it--they would have the knowledge of evil--all the days of their life...They would be subject to disappointment, grief, and pain, and finally to death. (PP 59)

Well this seems to be speaking of the first death. Here's a statement dealing specifically with the second death.

Quote:

At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin. (DA 764)

The "this" referred to is the fact that the wicked die, not due to an arbitrary act of power on the part of God, but due to the result of their own choice; i.e. sinning.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73469
05/15/06 04:28 AM
05/15/06 04:28 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
John, I want to understand what you wrote, so I'm going to try to pick it apart.

How come the golden rule vanishes (to love your neighbor as yourself)? Who would like to have penalty, vengeance and death on themselves?

I'm not quite getting this. I understand the idea that the golden rule means I desire upon others what I would desire upon myself. Because I would not desire to have penalty, vengeance and death upon myself, I should desire it upon my neighbor. I understand this. But not the question about how come the golden rule vanishes.

I think what you're asking is, why is it that people lay aside the golden rule by their desiring penalty, vengeance and death upon others? Is that right?

This seems to be comfirming my previous comment as to what your "how come" question meant.

If God really does require it of others, then if we fulfill the first golden rule of loving him with all our heart and mind and soul and strength how shall we ever fulfill the second one.

I didn't get this.

Do you think that the second golden rule could be interpreted to mean requiring penalty, vengeance and death on others? If so, why would it not apply to us? So with this type of theology then we end up needing someone to save us from such a golden rule.

I'm not really following this either.

And what do we long for ourselves, and look forward to in heaven, but the original golden rule which speaks love, forgiveness and grace. Should we not do so unto others; but where do we get this idea? Much more, where do we get this spirit of love, forgiveness and grace? Do we not obtain it from him whom we are to love with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength? If so, is he not the source of it?

The idea of this paragraph seems to be that the idea of death, penalty and vengeance must come from some source besides God, because if it came from God, then loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength would entail our desiring these things upon others, which by the golden rule would require our desiring it upon ourselves.

If so, where are vengeance, penalty and death from? How is it that with sin gone, death is gone? How is it that with sin gone all these ideas of retributive justice vanish?

The obvious answer would be that with the wicked destroyed, there is no more need for retributive justice, since they are gone. I'm sure this isn't your point, however. What was your point?

Does it vanish when my neighbor has no sin? If so, why did they crucify the Lord?

I'm not following this train of thought.

Does it vanish when I am free of sin? Yes, it does. It was so demonstrated in Christ and in all his followers.

I think I get this. This is saying that the life and character of Christ and His true followers, such as Stephen when he lay dying ("do not hold this sin against them") reveal the heart of God in not desiring any ill upon another, even one causing their death ("Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.")

John, I really like where you're wanting to go with this post. I hope you can fill in the parts I'm not getting, because I would like to understand the idea well enough to be able to share with others.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73470
05/15/06 05:12 AM
05/15/06 05:12 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Quote:

… But accepting His judgment? That seems to mean something special to John that I'm not clear on.

You are right Mark. That does mean something very, very special to me. You see, I was afraid of God’s judgment. I was afraid for the same reasons that any sinner would be afraid. I tried hard to grasp the belief of this penalty payment theology, but it was hollow and there was no rest. How could I know that I had repented, covered every sin? How could I know that I have fulfilled the required belief? Do not many believe…but are lost?

There is supposed to be the fruit of the spirit; maybe I am supposed to put effort into the fruit, are we not supposed to be diligent? How much will be enough? But I had fear; fear of the unknown, fear of the known, fear that I tried to reason away. But the reason would work against me and say If God had not spared his son, why should he spare me? Well, his Son is on my side, he died for me, and I can hide behind him. But something did not fit there. Wasn’t the Son of the same mind as the Father? Why does the Father have to be so exacting? Is that what it is about; being perfect? Is that what perfection is about? And, the rules are so complicated, and …there is no rest, but more fear. As long as the Judgment was in the future I had fear, I felt unsaved, despite all the beliefs and religious activities. Sound familiar?

Judgment! Oh, if I could only know what the judge thinks of me; if I could know now while there is still time to make things right? But sad to say nobody thought we could, and they all said: “believe, do your best, and hope for the rest”.
Believe – believe what? Ok, I believe he died for me, but … no rest.
Do your best – All our righteousness is filthy rags; never mind the failures, those are nakedness.
Hope for the rest – hope … what hope is there in such exaction, such perfection. What hope is there when I need to be saved from the requirements of him in whom I am supposed to hope?

Well, by God’s grace, not connected to this turmoil, was an experience that I had seen in childhood, where one prayed, and the Lord answered him personally. And as I was wont to ask the Lord myself for the same matter (seeking a wife), I set about praying that he would show me whom he had for me.

One thing I found strange, that though I was deathly afraid of the judgment day, I did not seem to have any fear in seeking communication with him now. Well, my dear Lord was not going to let me go so cheap. Instead of just answering my prayer for a wife, he went for the much deeper yearning of my soul. At first I wondered why he wasn’t answering me for so many years. Then I determined to gain audience with him, and that is when things began to move. I knew I was not fit for audience with him, and yet all of a sudden he began to speak to me, put his finger on me re this or that that was not fit for audience with him in my life. These things now just fell by the wayside, wherein before I was either powerless to overcome or I had justified such. Fear disappeared, and I found myself looking forward to his searching cleansing word. I had no clue at first what was going on, but this I knew, God bent down to talk with me, just the way I was, and that was awesome. It was an inner voice, and it was not my head. Sin was now powerless. I could not do such now, in the audience of the Lord. Then he began to reveal himself – his character. The way he is; the way he looked at things; what love is, what life is, what sin is. Comparing that with my thoughts, I was consumed to the bone. Oh, my flesh did not feel like it, but that meant nothing, it will obey the spirit.

I realized then that God had been giving me his judgment. I knew his thoughts of me. I knew his thoughts; thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give me an expected end. His judgment became mine, and I live his judgment. My righteousness was gone, gone with the wind; I have his now, to look through his eyes is life, joy and peace.

Judgment! What a precious gift. It is nothing less than Salvation to me. It is, Christ in me, the hope of glory. It will be nothing less to whosoever will come to him for audience today. Let him tell you personally what he thinks of you now. Not your opinion of yourself, but his judgment of you, and his revelation of himself. You will never fear the judgment day again.

So, I discovered faith. Faith was born in audience with him, when I began to receive his judgment. His word became my life, and I died; yet I live. And the life I now live, I live by faith in him, his judgment, his word, his will is my delight. I discovered that faith does not exist or rather is misplaced until the moment when we personally let him judge us; receive his judgment. Then and only then has faith been placed in him. (Before that man believes himself). Apart from that, man can believe anything he wants about God, yet it has nothing to do with God. It is man’s judgment, man’s opinion (can be based on the bible), yet not of God.

Was I immediately made wise in all things? No. And at times that made me smart and sorrow; but I have a Comforter with me, who lifts me up unto my Father, and so does each of his children. He knows how to teach us in the way. Does that put my salvation in question? No again, for if God be for us, who can be against us. As he is writing his laws, his righteousness, his judgments in my heart; the righteousness and judgment of this world fall away.

This is in brief what accepting his judgment means to me.

Psa 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73471
05/15/06 06:45 AM
05/15/06 06:45 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
John, I want to understand what you wrote,
I'm not quite getting this. I understand the idea that the golden rule means I desire upon others what I would desire upon myself. Because I would not desire to have penalty, vengeance and death upon myself, I should not desire it upon my neighbor. I understand this. But not the question about how come the golden rule vanishes.

Sorry I was thinking of:

1st Golden rule: (though maybe not commonly thought so)
Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

2nd Golden rule:
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

We can call it the “Constitution”.

See how when we speak of the golden rules, we talk of love and forgiveness and grace; but when one speaks of the law they speak penalty, revenge and death. Now what and why is the discrepancy between the law and the golden rule? How come the golden rule vanishes (to love your neighbor as yourself)? Who would like to have penalty, vengeance and death on themselves?

I think what you're asking is, why is it that people lay aside the golden rule by their desiring penalty, vengeance and death upon others? Is that right?

Yes, in other words, according to people’s concept of the law (penalty, vengeance and death); the golden rule, which is love and forgiveness and grace, the constitution of the law, vanishes.

This seems to be confirming my previous comment as to what your "how come" question meant.

Yes.

If God really does require it of others, then if we fulfill the first golden rule of loving him with all our heart and mind and soul and strength how shall we ever fulfill the second one.

I didn't get this.

In other words if God is really like that (penalty, vengeance and death), and we are to emulate him, how would we ever love our neighbor to fulfill the second golden rule.

Do you think that the second golden rule could be interpreted to mean requiring penalty, vengeance and death on others? If so, why would it not apply to us? So with this type of theology then we end up needing someone to save us from such a golden rule.

I'm not really following this either.

I am asking the preposterous question whether to love your neighbor as yourself could be interpreted to mean requiring penalty, vengeance and death on them? If so, why would it not apply to us? So with this type of theology then we end up needing someone to save us from such a golden rule.

But we are not looking for penalty, vengeance and death on ourselves but are longing for the original golden rule which speaks love, forgiveness and grace for ourselves. If so, should we not also desire and think so to others. Where did we get the idea that we should want love, forgiveness and grace? Moreover where do we get this spirit of love, forgiveness and grace, which we long for? Do we not obtain it from him whom we are to love with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength? Thus the fulfillment of the first golden rule, establishes the second. If so, is he not the source of it? Therefore God likewise lives the golden rule.

The idea of this paragraph seems to be that the idea of death, penalty and vengeance must come from some source besides God, because if it came from God, then loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength would entail our desiring these things upon others, which by the golden rule would require our desiring it upon ourselves.

Yes, plus what I said above.

The obvious answer would be that with the wicked destroyed, there is no more need for retributive justice, since they are gone. I'm sure this isn't your point, however. What was your point?

No, to the contrary, as I point out in the following statements. It is not sin in others that produces retributive justice in the righteous, but it is sin in the heart of him that holds the retributive justice that produces it. The idea that retributive justice is needed because there are sinners out there is false, but I stated it first inversely and then positively. Inversely it would mean that if my neighbor has no sin I should have no need for retributive justice; but it is revealed that they crucified the Lord who had no sin; meaning that the retributive justice was in the heart of the sinner and not in the heart of the sinless.

Reconfirmed by the positive position of the sinless one owning no retributive justice but rather praying for them “ Father forgive them”. Showing that retributive justice vanishes when there is no sin in the heart.

I think I get this. This is saying that the life and character of Christ and His true followers, such as Stephen when he lay dying ("do not hold this sin against them") reveal the heart of God in not desiring any ill upon another, even one causing their death ("Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.")

Yes, Yes.
1Jo 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jo 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73472
05/15/06 01:08 PM
05/15/06 01:08 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
I like the discussion between John and Tom, it is too heavy for me especially English is not my language but by reading slowly and carefully I might got at least what they meant with their post, but difficult for me to comment.

In His love

James S

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73473
05/15/06 01:09 PM
05/15/06 01:09 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Tom.

James wrote:
God created his free moral agents (angels and men) without the knowledge of good and evil. They must find out themselves what is good and what is evil. Only God who knows what good is and what evil is.

Tom comments:
God never intended for us to know evil. This was the enemy's idea. If God's plans had been followed, no human being would ever have known the pain, suffering, misery and death that sin causes. God is good!

Unquote.

I repeat “If God's plans had been followed, no human being would ever have known the pain, suffering, misery and death that sin causes. God is good!”

IOW you are saying; “if God’s plans had been followed, no human being would ever have known what evil is.”
Am I right?

But without knowing what evil is, how could Adam and Eve ever know what good is? How could they ever know what unselfish love is? How could they know that God loves them and they loved God and that is the way of life that God wants from them? Is not knowing what good is, a good thing? Is knowing what “evil” is, a sin?

Why did God create Adam and Eve without the knowledge of good and evil? Why did he create intelligent living being with the free will choice to live without the knowledge of good and evil, meanwhile Satan is roaming around ready to deceive them?

Does God want them to find out what evil is? And when they knew what evil is, God might demonstrate his love? By which, His creation might understand what love really is?

In His love

James S

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73474
05/15/06 02:59 PM
05/15/06 02:59 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
TE - This is not something which God caused to happen, but was the result of an aberant element being added into things. As Christ said, "an enemy has done this."

MM – Actually, it was Jesus who “cursed” the earth for our sakes. Jesus introduced the laws of entropy. He allows evil angels to manipulate the laws of nature according to His good and perfect will.

TE - How many times did Jesus say that God was responsible for any bad thing, including the sickness He was healing someone of, or some death which befell someone? Never.

MM – The idea that Jesus never used sickness or affliction to educate people is unbiblical. Whether He causes it Himself or allows holy or evil angels to do His bidding is immaterial. Consider one example:

Numbers
12:9 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
12:10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam [became] leprous, [white] as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, [she was] leprous.

TE - Another problem is that it puts the Father at cross purposes with His Son. We do not see Christ taking anyone's life away. Again and again Christ said He came not to destroy, or to condemn, or to judge, but to save lives.

MM – Yes, Jesus came to save lives, but those who refuse redemption will suffer punishment and death in the lake of fire. The God of the OT was Jesus. The OT is full of stories of how Jesus dealt with sin and sinners. Jesus used water and fire and war to punish and destroy millions of sinners. He will use fire at the end to punish and destroy the wicked in the lake of fire.

Matthew
10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

TE – If you wish to give some interpretation to Rev. 14, or any other passage, it must be rejected if you cannot produce an example from the life of Christ was corroborates the suggested interpretation.

MM – Here’s what James White wrote about the angels of Rev 14:

A Word to the Little Flock
Thoughts on Revelation 14
All classes of second advent believers agree, that the angel brought to view in the 6th and 7th verses of this chapter, represents the advent message, to the church and world. If this is true, then all five of the angels brought to view in this chapter, represent five distinct messages, prior to the advent, or we are left without a rule to interpret this chapter. . . . The last two angels are messages of prayer. We shall, no doubt, better understand them at the time of their fulfilment.

TE - According to the Spirit of Prophecy, death is the inevitable result of sin. Actually, according to the Bible, death is the result of sin. It was the serpent who suggested that sin would not result in death. He was wrong, as Christ's death demonstrated.

MM – Yes, death is the result of unforgiven sin – not the cause of it. The fact we are alive is evidence that sin does not cause us to die. The fact Jesus barred access to the tree of life is evidence sin does not cause death. Sinful choices can cause dreadful results, that is, if Jesus chooses not to intervene, if He decides to allow the laws of cause and effect to go unchecked. Jesus is in control of whether or not we suffer and die on account of our sinful choices – not sin or death or Satan.

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73475
05/15/06 03:07 PM
05/15/06 03:07 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
JS - Why did God create Adam and Eve without the knowledge of good and evil? Why did he create intelligent living being with the free will choice to live without the knowledge of good and evil, meanwhile Satan is roaming around ready to deceive them?

James, Jesus clearly instructed Adam and Eve regarding Satan’s rebellion and intentions to deceive them. They were not ignorant of good and evil in the sense they were aware of Satan’s evil plans. But they had no experiential knowledge of evil. They had never sinned. That’s what Jesus withheld from them.

PP 52
Our first parents were not left without a warning of the danger that threatened them. Heavenly messengers opened to them the history of Satan's fall and his plots for their destruction, unfolding more fully the nature of the divine government, which the prince of evil was trying to overthrow. It was by disobedience to the just commands of God that Satan and his host had fallen. How important, then, that Adam and Eve should honor that law by which alone it was possible for order and equity to be maintained. {PP 52.2}

Re: Why humanity need redemption? #73476
05/15/06 03:15 PM
05/15/06 03:15 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Tom.

James wrote:
God created his free moral agents (angels and men) without the knowledge of good and evil. They must find out themselves what is good and what is evil. Only God who knows what good is and what evil is.

Tom comments:
God never intended for us to know evil. This was the enemy's idea. If God's plans had been followed, no human being would ever have known the pain, suffering, misery and death that sin causes. God is good!

Unquote.

I repeat “If God's plans had been followed, no human being would ever have known the pain, suffering, misery and death that sin causes. God is good!”

IOW you are saying; “if God’s plans had been followed, no human being would ever have known what evil is.”
Am I right?

Yes.

But without knowing what evil is, how could Adam and Eve ever know what good is?

It's not necessary to know what evil is to know good. One need not know what hate is to know love, for example.

How could they ever know what unselfish love is?

The way to know what unselfish love is is by knowing God. There is no other way. Knowing evil is irrelvant to this, as one can know God without knowing evil.

How could they know that God loves them and they loved God and that is the way of life that God wants from them? Is not knowing what good is, a good thing?

They knew what good was, because they knew God. They were created good, and with the capacity of knowing good.

Is knowing what “evil” is, a sin?

The only way they could know evil was by eating of the forbidden fruit, so the only way they could obtain that knowledge was by sinning. This was knowledge God did not desire they should have.

Why did God create Adam and Eve without the knowledge of good and evil? Why did he create intelligent living being with the free will choice to live without the knowledge of good and evil, meanwhile Satan is roaming around ready to deceive them?

Does God want them to find out what evil is? And when they knew what evil is, God might demonstrate his love? By which, His creation might understand what love really is?

Rosangela had a nice comment on this on another thread. Basically once Satan had entered into open rebellion against God, it was necessary that the other beings created by God have the opportunity to choose who they would follow, so the tree was set up as an opportunity for them to exercize their freedom of choice. But God no more desired that they should choose to rebel against Him then He desires for us to.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/20/24 12:54 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!