HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,197 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Is Your Anger Righteous? #7367
07/30/00 02:32 PM
07/30/00 02:32 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
This interesting study was one of the ones that disappeared when everything disappeared.

I think it is a topic worth studying into.

Here we go again into this study that I took from my SDA Today friend, Vince MacIsaac.

quote:

Matthew 5:21-22 (English-RSV)

21 "You have heard that it was said to the men of old, 'You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgment.'
22 But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.

I [Vince] intend to ask some hard questions here, to try to get ourselves to examine this
topic deeply.

Is there ever a time when it is right or even "ok" for a Christian to be mad or Angry at another person? Either a Brother or Sister In Christ or a "heathen"?

Is there really such thing as Righteous Anger, among believers?

Can anger be justified?

Is there a time and Place for it?

Is our anger apart or Gods Plan to correct people? Why or Why not?

Is anger a normally emotion?

Where does anger come from?

Historically just what is the Origins of Anger?

What should we do with our Anger?

How can we deal with it?

Is it something that we can control? Why? Why not? How?

Why Does Anger often consume and seemingly control those claiming to have the Victory of Christ in there lives?

If I am a True Follower of God and Submitting
myself daily and momently to God will anger be present in my life?

If I become Angry what will I do about it?

Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

1 Timothy 2:8
I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

There you have it just as I received it from Vince of SDA Today.

Let's take a really close look at this one and examine it thoroughly from all angles.

SOP quotes would also be appreciated as we study this one together.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited July 30, 2000).]

Re: Is Your Anger Righteous? #7368
07/30/00 04:44 PM
07/30/00 04:44 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
Rightous anger: that which motivates you to change that which is wrong. Not an excuse to attack the perpetrator, but to change what is going on.

When I lived in Milwaukee (many, many years ago) I was walking down the street, minding my own business, I was going home from the store where I had picked up some items for my mother.

A man walked up to me and hit me in the mouth with his fist, driving a tooth through my lip.

Another man of the same ethnic persuasion saw it happen, became so angry, he drove the other one away, took me to a safe haven, called the police and gave them a description of ther man, told them his name and where he lived. He was still so angry about what had happened, he was shaking like a leaf in a storm.

Was he right in being angry enough to step in?

On the other hand, I have seen, recently, how anger can turn friends against each other, cause harsh words and hurt feelings, to the point of possibly destroying a friendship.

I count both of these men as friends, and I don't make them easily. It rips me apart to see this happening.

No, I think anger is to destructive to be any good.It may motivate to change bad things, but it is to destructive when misused, as it usually is.

My $.02

------------------
Is what you're living for worth Christ dying for?

Gerry B.

Re: Is Your Anger Righteous? #7369
07/31/00 01:43 AM
07/31/00 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

I heard a sermon where the preacher said, "Anger is the ingredient that turns love into hate. Look at Cain and Abel and other Biblical families!" If this formula is true, then I hope that anger will turn love of sin into hatred of sin!!! Perhaps this is "righteous anger."

------------------
"He Restoreth My Soul"

Pastor Andrew

Re: Is Your Anger Righteous? #7370
08/04/00 03:55 AM
08/04/00 03:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Christian And Anger

It started out with the Pharisees wanting to find some reason; any reason, to condemn Jesus. Finding Him in the synagogue on Sabbath; they tried to trick Him. A man was there with a withered hand

Can you imagine the nerve of those “Religious Leaders” as they stoically watched Jesus to see if He would break the Sabbath by healing this poor man.

It was indeed very obvious to Jesus that the Pharisees were much more interested in keeping the Sabbath many foolish Sabbath rules, than in helping out this man with the withered hand. This angered Jesus; and he decided to heal the man on the spot!

Mark puts it this way:

“And [Jesus] again entered into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. And the [Religious Leaders] watched [Jesus] to see whether He would heal him on the Sabbath day; that they might accuse [Jesus].

And He saith unto the man which had the withered hand, stand forth. And He said unto them: Is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath Days, or to do evil? To save life or to kill?

But they held their peace.

And when [Jesus] had looked round about on them with ANGER; being grieved for the hardness of their hearts: [Jesus] saith unto the man: Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out; and his hand was restored whole as the other.

And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians, against Him; how they might destroy [Jesus]. (Mark 3:1-6).

There are two examples of different kinds of anger in the above Bible passage from the book of Mark.

1/ What do you understand these two examples to be?

2/ What are the implications of these two examples for Christians today?

3/ Pick one of these two examples to follow. How would your life change, if you did follow this example?

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength." (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited August 03, 2000).]

Re: Is Your Anger Righteous? #7371
08/23/00 01:07 AM
08/23/00 01:07 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Here is one of the old posts by Gary K. on this topic from the old MSDAOL:

quote:

Hi All,

I have a question to ask here as this is an interesting topic.

When we become Christians do we cease to be human? If the answer is no, how do we condemn human a emotion that if channelled correctly can do positive things.

The statement be angry and sin not is really an interesting statement along with the one about not letting the sun go down on your anger. In these two verses I think we can see that God recognizes this emotion as something
that is part of humanity. Also in the Bible we see many references to anger in terms of God when He looks at some of the things that we do, not us, but what we do.

I can speak from experience when I say that to never express anger is not a healthy thing for a human to do. It has to come out, one way or another. So where is the balance? I think it is in learning how to express anger
without taking it out on people in ways that are destructive to the person that helped to cause the anger.

I also think that part of it is learning why we become angry about certain things. When Jesus said that He came that we might have life, and have it more abundantly, I think this area of anger is one of the areas in our
lives that He wants to heal in us, as it is a secondary emotion most of the time.

I see two types of anger in people. One will come from when we see somebody abusing or hurting somebody else, either physically or emotionally, or by character assassination or the like. The second is that which comes from
somebody pushing our buttons. It is this second on that is the destructive one, both for the angry individual and when expressed in the wrong way destructive for those it is expressed to.

It is this second one that, I believe, Jesus wants to heal us of. This one is definitely related to sin and it's scars upon the human being for it is not a primary emotion, but an unreasoning response to a stimulus that affects us on levels that we aren't really aware of consciously.

Ellen White says something really interesting in I believe it is Education. She states that the first work to be done for young people is for them to know themselves. When this job is undertaken with the cooperation and power of the Holy Spirit I believe that we can come to have a healing on a personal level from the things that will cause the destructive anger in the first place.

I do know that this has been very true in my life. I have found that through studying personality traits that I was born with and understanding how I fit into them, I can take this to Jesus, ask for help in specific areas of weakness in my life, and be aware of where and how the devil will attack me to try to separate me from Jesus. When we understand our own weaknesses we have a great advantage in our struggles with the devil, and God is more than willing to teach us these things. We just have to be willing to learn them.

Anyway this was my two cents worth on this very interesting and timely subject that affects us all in our daily lives.

Your brother in Christ, Gary K

Is this subject still a timely subject today?

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!