HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,598
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,200 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The Judgment & The Sealing #7395
08/21/00 01:11 PM
08/21/00 01:11 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As a result of the topic about the 144,000 on another thread, I am starting another topic on The Judgment & The Sealing regarding when it began, who is being judged first, etc. looking at all the stages of this Judgment and who is sealed and when.

This will, hopefully, help us in our continued discussion on the 144,000 as to who they are, are they literal or symbolical, etc.

So let the study begin.

First of all, what is The Judgment?

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl Fawcett :)

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7396
08/21/00 01:41 PM
08/21/00 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you reffering to the pre-Secont Advent Investigative Judgement ? The one that seals the mayrters & 144,000 & selects the rest of the loyal living (the no man could number multitude who answer the Loud Cry call),just before the general human probation closes, after SDA probation has already closed ?

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7397
08/22/00 03:03 AM
08/22/00 03:03 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am speaking of the whole picture on The Judgment and The Sealing.

------------------

Daryl Fawcett :)

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7398
08/22/00 12:41 AM
08/22/00 12:41 AM
D
Daniel  Offline
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The sealing is not limited to end time people ! It is applied to men and women who believe in Christ and His salvation (Ep 1:13,14). It is God's way to secure in the present a faithfull soul for the future eternal life.

As I mentionned in another thread, every saved ones need God's seal to escape His wrath and its eternel consequences. Rev 7's great tribulation applies to the entire period of time when the human familly is involved in the conflict opposing Jesus to Satan. It is not the same period of time spoken of by Jesus in Mat 24:21 or written by Daniel in Dan 12:1.

In Heaven's court, during Jesus' intercession ministry, every sinner's case is presented to the court for review. This is where Jesus the High-Priest defends His servants successfully. God's seal, applied on people during their lifetime, is Jesus' supporting argument in favour of His plea for the defendants.

Once this ministry is completed, Jesus the Advocate changes His garments and assumes His new function of King-Judge. At this point, the decision taken regarding one's case in the previous ministerial phase, is irreversible. Christ the Judge pronounces the court's verdicts: innocent or guilty. This is the judgment phase. Our modern courts function in a similar way on Earth. The final judgment is called a judgment but it is not a court in session. The wicked only appear before the Judge to hear the sentences presented to guilty souls.

Daniel

[This message has been edited by Daniel (edited August 22, 2000).]

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7399
09/27/00 02:31 AM
09/27/00 02:31 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It's about time I got this one going again.

Let us begin by asking this question once again:

What is the Judgment?

-----------

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited September 26, 2000).]

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7400
09/27/00 02:18 PM
09/27/00 02:18 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
The first step appears to be an investigative judgement:

As the books of record are opened in the judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected. When any have sins remaining upon the books of record, unrepented of and unforgiven, their names will be blotted out of the book of life, and the record of their good deeds will be erased from the book of God's remembrance.

The day of Attonement is an example of what is happening now:

Thus those who followed in the light of the prophetic word saw that, instead of coming to the earth at the termination of the 2300 days in 1844, Christ then entered the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary to perform the closing work of atonement preparatory to His coming. {GC 422.1}

As anciently the sins of the people were by faith placed upon the sin offering and through its blood transferred, in figure, to the earthly sanctuary, so in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Christ and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary. And as the typical cleansing of the earthly was accomplished by the removal of the sins by which it had been polluted, so the actual cleansing of the heavenly is to be accomplished by the removal, or blotting out, of the sins which are there recorded. But before this can be accomplished, there must be an examination of the books of record to determine who, through repentance of sin and faith in Christ, are entitled to the benefits of His atonement. The cleansing of the sanctuary therefore involves a work of investigation--a work of judgment. This work must be performed prior to the coming of Christ to redeem His people; for when He comes, His reward is with Him to give to every man according to his works. Revelation 22:12. {GC 421.3}

In the typical system, which was a shadow of the sacrifice and priesthood of Christ, the cleansing of the sanctuary was the last service performed by the high priest in the yearly round of ministration. It was the closing work of the atonement --a removal or putting away of sin from Israel. It prefigured the closing work in the ministration of our High Priest in heaven, in the removal or blotting out of the sins of His people, which are registered in the heavenly records. This service involves a work of investigation, a work of judgment; and it immediately precedes the coming of Christ in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory; for when He comes, every case has been decided. Says Jesus: "My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:12. It is this work of judgment, immediately preceding the second advent, that is announced in the first angel's message of Revelation 14:7: "Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come." {GC 352.2}

This is the first stage of judgement.
More to come.

Be glad, I found a lot more I could have posted. I will later.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7401
09/28/00 02:14 PM
09/28/00 02:14 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
There is a second and third part to 'judgement', an investigation takes place after the ressurection of the saints.
This is what sister White said:

At the general conference of believers in the present truth, held at Sutton, Vermont, September, 1850, I was shown that the seven last plagues will be poured out after Jesus leaves the sanctuary. Said the angel, "It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked. At the voice of God the saints will be mighty and terrible as an army with banners, but they will not then execute the judgment written. The execution of the judgment will be at the close of the one thousand years." {EW 52.1}
After the saints are changed to immortality and caught up together with Jesus, after they receive their harps, their robes, and their crowns, and enter the city, Jesus and the saints sit in judgment. The books are opened--the book of life and the book of death. The book of life contains the good deeds of the saints; and the book of death contains the evil deeds of the wicked. These books are compared with the statute book, the Bible, and according to that men are judged. The saints, in unison with Jesus, pass their judgment upon the wicked dead. "Behold ye," said the angel, "the saints, in unison with Jesus, sit in judgment, and mete out to the wicked according to the deeds done in the body, and that which they must receive at the execution of the judgment is set off against their names." This, I saw, was the work of the saints with Jesus through the one thousand years in the Holy City before it descends to the earth. Then at the close of the one thousand years, Jesus, with the angels and all the saints, leaves the Holy City, and while He is descending to the earth with them, the wicked dead are raised, and then the very men that "pierced Him," being raised, will see Him afar off in all His glory, the angels and saints with Him, and will wail because of Him. They will see the prints of the nails in His hands and in His feet, and where they thrust the spear into His side. The prints of the nails and the spear will then be His glory. It is at the close of the one thousand years that Jesus stands upon the Mount of Olives, and the mount parts asunder and becomes a mighty plain. Those who flee at that time are the wicked, who have just been raised. Then the Holy City comes down and settles on the plain. Satan then imbues the wicked with his spirit. He flatters them that the army in the city is small, and that his army is large, and that they can overcome the saints and take the city. {EW 52.2}
While Satan was rallying his army, the saints were in the city, beholding the beauty and glory of the Paradise of God. Jesus was at their head, leading them. All at once the lovely Saviour was gone from our company; but soon we heard His lovely voice, saying, "Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." We gathered about Jesus, and just as He closed the gates of the city, the curse was pronounced upon the wicked. The gates were shut. Then the saints used their wings and mounted to the top of the wall of the city. Jesus was also with them; His crown looked brilliant and glorious. It was a crown within a crown, seven in number. The crowns of the saints were of the most pure gold, decked with stars. Their faces shone with glory, for they were in the express image of Jesus; and as they arose and moved all together to the top of the city, I was enraptured with the sight. {EW 53.1}
Then the wicked saw what they had lost; and fire was breathed from God upon them and consumed them. This was the execution of the judgment. The wicked then received according as the saints, in unison with Jesus, had meted out to them during the one thousand years. The same fire from God that consumed the wicked purified the whole earth. The broken, ragged mountains melted with fervent heat, the atmosphere also, and all the stubble was consumed. Then our inheritance opened before us, glorious and beautiful, and we inherited the whole earth made new. We all shouted with a loud voice, "Glory; Alleluia!"

This is what I found on judgement, not all as I would have to, make a post so long no one would read it.
I'm going to lok up 'sealing next, and post some of what I find here.
Then try to link the 2 subjects together.
Pray for me.

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7402
09/28/00 02:16 PM
09/28/00 02:16 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
According to what I have learned, judgment begin from the house of God starting from the elderly people.
This judgment is only for the righteous people, starting from Adam. Why should there be any judgment for righteous people? I think it is not a judgment but a review of records for Satan’s favor, as he constantly accusing these people of their sin’s. I believe that Satan doesn’t know if these people are righteous people, he thinks they are his. But by reviewing the records, Satan could know that these people have been justified by their faith and that they stand righteous before the law as they always keep their robes white in the blood of Christ.

The second judgment is done by the redeemed in heaven. But in fact it is not a judgment only a review of the records to show that God is just and right, and that all who are lost is lost because of their own choice.

In His love

James S.

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7403
10/04/00 07:53 AM
10/04/00 07:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't like to put the wind out of anyone's sails; but after reading the last few posts; I thought I would mention that there is really, only one judgement - 4 phases.

I will try to outline it soon with some references.

------------------
"God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Tim.1:7).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Re: The Judgment & The Sealing #7404
10/04/00 12:52 PM
10/04/00 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

James I am glad to see you post again. E-mail me @ home .

Ed

------------------
Edward F. Sutton

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/28/24 02:30 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!