HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74490
06/16/06 04:02 PM
06/16/06 04:02 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
James, even though I don't agree with your ideas, I wanted to commend you on your post (not the last one, but the one right before it). I know English is a foreign language to you, but in spite of that I found your explanation to be very clear! It's a very good presentation of the viewpoint that you hold.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74491
06/17/06 06:47 AM
06/17/06 06:47 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Quote:
1.Sin will kill us, and God is seeking to save us from it, because it is deadly.
2.God is warning us that if we sin, He will kill us.
Unquote.

If sin kills, then when would Satan die, looking from the fact that he had lived in sin for thousands of years and I believe will continue to live unless God do something to stop him.

And if it is God that stops him, indeed God is involve, right?

In His love

James S

Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74492
06/17/06 02:05 PM
06/17/06 02:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, I agree. Jesus is the One who will defeat and destroy sin and unsaved sinners in the lake of fire - not sin. Jesus will be praised throughout eternity for being the One who eliminated sin and unsaved sinners in the lake of fire - not sin. We will sing His praises forever.

Exodus
15:20 And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
15:21 And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

Revelation
16:5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
16:7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.

Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74493
06/18/06 02:09 AM
06/18/06 02:09 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:

If sin kills, then when would Satan die, looking from the fact that he had lived in sin for thousands of years and I believe will continue to live unless God do something to stop him.

The only way for the falsity of Satan's claims to be seen was for God to allow Satan's government to fully develop, so that its character and the character of sin could be seen. That sin causes death was revealed clearly at the cross. Satan will die the death which Christ tasted, when he bears the guilt for what he has done. The reason Satan hasn't died yet is that God is not permitting him to suffer the inevitable results of sin, because if he did, then his death would have been misunderstood. It would have appeared that God was killing him, rather than his death being the inevitable results of sin. A seed of doubt as to God's character would have remained.

If all that was necessary to win the Great Controversy was for God to kill Satan, He could have done that long ago. This thing would have been over eons ago. But God doesn't work that way. Compelling power is not to be found in His government, but in the enemy's. God's government is moral, and the principles by which He will win the battle are the principles of love, mercy and truth.

After all the evidence has been seen, and every creature has been able to make a reasoned choice, then sin will come to an end; not because God kills everybody He doesn't want to be in His kingdom, but because they have chosen to have no part of Him, and He leaves them to the result of their choice of separating themselves from Him.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74494
06/19/06 10:13 AM
06/19/06 10:13 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Quote.
The reason Satan hasn't died yet is that God is not permitting him to suffer the inevitable results of sin, because if he did, then his death would have been misunderstood. It would have appeared that God was killing him, rather than his death being the inevitable results of sin. A seed of doubt as to God's character would have remained.

If all that was necessary to win the Great Controversy was for God to kill Satan, He could have done that long ago. This thing would have been over eons ago.
Unquote.

I agree with this, if Satan was killed the day he rebel, God would be seen as a Tyrant and Dictator that rule with iron hand. The angles will worship him in fear not in love.

But God had shown his great love and mercy through Jesus death, so, the case would be different now. Angels and men would no longer see God as a Tyrant or Dictator that ruled with iron hand when he used death as a means to eradicate sin and sinners including Satan and his gang from his universe once and forever. They understand and know Him well now to accept His judgment.

Matthew 10:28.
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

Deuteronomy 33:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal; neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

I understand your view point Tom, but I se that my view point is also not wrong and supported by the bible and M.M.

In His love

James S

Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74495
06/19/06 01:55 PM
06/19/06 01:55 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I agree that it's supported by M.M. I'm not sure how much solace you should find in this, however.

Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74496
06/24/06 09:21 AM
06/24/06 09:21 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
I understand that God love us soo much that He is willing to die for us in order to save us.
But I understand too that God hate sin soo much that in order to wipe it out of His universe He is willing to burn sinners with Satan and his gang in everlasting fire, which only died when there is nothing more left to burn.

Sin causes our death, it is true, but sin is only the cause, it could not wipe out sinners, Satan and his gang for ever from the universe of God, an action which only God can do it.

So, sin causes death, God is the executioner.

In His love

James S.

Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74497
06/25/06 01:57 AM
06/25/06 01:57 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
The problem, James, is the burning sinners does not eliminate sin. If this were the case, God would have burned Satan and his followers immediately, and the problem would have been taken care of.

Remember that sin originated in an environment where there were no sinners. So simply get rid of sinners doesn't mean that sin won't arise.

It's very sad to me to think of God as an executioner. God is like Jesus Christ. When given the chance to act as executioner for one caught in the act of a sin punishable by death, Christ did not do so, but instead said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

When given another chance, by the disciples who urged Him to execute the Samaritans who were rejecting Him, He explained to His disciples, "You know not of what spirit you are."

Satan is the destroyer. God's character is to save, to heal. As Jesus said, "The Son of Man came not to destroy man's lives, but to save them." And again, "For God did not send His Son to condemn the world, but that by Him the world might be saved."

Re: Death: Who or what caused it? #74498
06/25/06 08:15 AM
06/25/06 08:15 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Quote.
The problem, James, is the burning sinners does not eliminate sin. If this were the case, God would have burned Satan and his followers immediately, and the problem would have been taken care of.
Unquote.

Hhm….. I think you had made a mistake in your view Tom.

If Satan and his followers are killed instantly the day they sinned, God would be worshipped with fear, he would be seen no more as a God of love but a selfish God who ruled with iron hand, a dictator, a tyrant.

When the time is right, God execute the death upon sinners, Satan and his gang without arising any doubt in his creatures for his judgment. They knew that he must do that to wipe out sin and sinners forever, to leave his universe to the righteous holly creatures with agape hearts. They would not question his action and judgment, for the time given to Satan and sin to develop it wickedness is more than enough and what risk it had taken. They understood now where the Great controversy would lead and how it would ends.

God would be appraised for his judgment in abolishing sin and sinners, Satan and his gang in everlasting fire.

In His love

James S.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!