“…All things are your’s…” (1 Cor.3:21-22).

This discussion is for the study of the Bible’s spiritual interpretations of the literal past, and of the literal future; and how these two apply to spiritual Israel NOW.

Both Scripture and other inspired writings can and should be used for this study as there is a lot of info on this subject.

I guess I am looking at this subject from the viewpoint of 2 Tim.3:16: “All Scripture is given by…God, and is profitable…” The many historical narratives of Israel’s past glories, the unfulfilled prophecies that would have been fulfilled, had Israel met the conditions; the prophecies which describe the amazing glories of heaven and the new world: “all Scripture” whether dealing with the past, present, or future, is spiritual food for the church today.

This discussion is going on the assumption that New Testament writers applied spiritually, the literal things of Israel as mentioned in the Old Testament Scriptures, when recording Truths for the people of this “dispensation of the Holy Spirit.” (The Great Controversy, page viii, paragraph 1 Chapter Title: Introduction: In harmony with the word of God, His Spirit was to continue its work throughout the period of the gospel dispensation. During the ages while the Scriptures of both the Old and the New Testament were being given, the Holy Spirit did not cease to communicate light to individual minds, apart from the revelations to be embodied in the Sacred Canon.).

From what I have been uncovering in this line of study; I am starting to see how the Scriptures are built on this principle that “all things are” ours NOW: that many of the things of the past, and the things promised to the faithful in the hereafter, have their spiritual counterpart, or application to Christians NOW. The watchword for the Christian, in the study of the Scriptures; that is, all of the Scriptures, is NOW.

God wants us to live NOW, by all the Scriptures;(Mat.4:4) and through the prophetic descriptions in God’s Word, heavenly things are now spiritually seen by the eye of faith: God’s people NOW behold them in spiritual vision, before literally beholding them in the eternal kingdom.

The Bible says: “God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit.” (1 Cor.2:9-10).

Example Number One:

God says: “Behold, I make all things new.” (Rev.21:5). And Paul writes: “Behold, all things are become new.” (2 Cor.5:17), for those who are NOW “in Christ.” The spiritual application in conncetion with God’s church comes before the literal application to God’s eternal kingdom.

For the purpose of better discussion; please add your own examples; but be sure to label them consecutively: ie. Example One, Example Two, etc.

------------------
"We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets; Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone!" (Eph.2:20).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler