HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,116 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Close of Probation Question(s) #75322
06/16/06 02:31 PM
06/16/06 02:31 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have been reading elsewhere and came across a topic on the Close of Probation which prompted this topic and the following question:

Is there a separate close of probation for the SDA Church, or is there simply one general close of probation for everyone? I ask as I had always thought there was one for the SDA Church followed by the one for everbody else. Depending on the replies here, more questions may follow. Also, please try and back up your answer with either a Bible text, a SOP text, or both.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75323
06/16/06 03:11 PM
06/16/06 03:11 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I think people often get the cart before the horse on this one. That is, there is the idea that the Investigative Judgement is causitive rather that recognitional. Since I just made up a word here, I better explain my meaning.

The Investigative Judgment does not cause someone to be holy or filther, nor does it seal them. The sealing is described as a settling into truth by the Spirit of Prophecy, which is an excellent description. These are they who become so settled into truth that they cannot be moved. The Investigative Judgment recognizes who these are. The books represent the character of those being investigative. "Examining the books" means to inspect the characters of those who are being considered.

What happens at the end of time is that God sends a message for the purpose of preparing a people to stand in the day of God, to be ready for the coming of Christ. This message is described as the last message of mercy to the world, a message revealing God's character of love, in COL 415. The beginning of this message God has already sent in the 1888 era through Jones and Waggoner, described as a message which will lighten the earth with glory (1SM 234, 5).

When this light is given, there will be no sitting on the fence. It will be like when the Gospel was first being presented shortly after Jesus' resurrection. People either hated it or loved it. If they loved it, they became willing to gladly give their lives for Christ. If they hated it, they became willing to kill those who were willing to give their lives for Christ.

The same thing will happen again, except the light will be even more extensive, covering the whole earth. There will be two groups of people, those who love the message, and those who hate it.

In the Great Controversy, EGW explains that judgment begins at the house of God. The special work of the Investigative Judgment is only for those who profess to be followers of Christ. This is explained in GC "Facing Lifes Record." "The book of life contains the names of all who have ever entered the service of God" is how EGW puts it.

All those who have ever entered the service of God will either be settled into the truth, or fight against those who are. Since the message is given to the SDA church to be given to the world, it makes sense that SDA's will be those who will first make decisions for or against the message, since they are the first to hear it.

There is nothing arbitrary going on here. God doesn't sort names by Social Security number or alphabetical order or something similar and go through each name one by one, but the result of either accepting truth or rejecting it will be recognized. The Investigative Judgment is a work of recognition; it doesn't create anything.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75324
06/16/06 03:13 PM
06/16/06 03:13 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Regarding material to look for to study, in Scripture Hebrews 10 and the surrounding chapters is a good place to look at, as well as Daniel 7.

In the Spirit of Prophecy, there is "Facing Lifes Record" in "The Great Controversy" which discusses it.

Here's a thought from E. J. Waggoner discussing the point I was making in the previous post:

"Though all the record of all our sin, even though written with the finger of God, were erased, the sin would remain, because the sin is in us. Though the record of our sin were graven in the rock, and the rock should be ground to powder—even this would not blot out our sin...

"The erasing of sin is the blotting of it from our natures, so that we shall know it no more. 'The worshippers once purged' [Hebrews 10:2, 3]—actually purged by the blood of Christ—have 'no more conscience of sins,' because the way of sin is gone from them. Their iniquity may be sought for, but it will not be found. It is forever gone from them—it is foreign to their new natures, and even though they may be able to recall the fact that they have committed certain sins, they have forgotten the sin itself—they do not think of doing it any more. This is the work of Christ in the true sanctuary" (The Review and Herald, September 30, 1902).

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75325
06/16/06 09:04 PM
06/16/06 09:04 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Quote:

All those who have ever entered the service of God will either be settled into the truth, or fight against those who are. Since the message is given to the SDA church to be given to the world, it makes sense that SDA's will be those who will first make decisions for or against the message, since they are the first to hear it.

There is nothing arbitrary going on here. God doesn't sort names by Social Security number or alphabetical order or something similar and go through each name one by one, but the result of either accepting truth or rejecting it will be recognized. The Investigative Judgment is a work of recognition; it doesn't create anything.

Would this not mean that at the very moment a person dies, the investigative judgement is pronounced over the person (no more choises can be made after death) and that this order of events has been like this at least since the time of Jesus if not even from the time Abel was killed and till this day.

Your thinking seems sound to me, though it does seem you would have to separate the IJ from 1844 to make it consistent.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75326
06/16/06 10:08 PM
06/16/06 10:08 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Certainly God could have had an Investigative Judgment for the dead at any moment after they died, since their character won't change (no more choices, as you put it).

I think a question to ask is who is the Investigative Judgment for? To me it's obvious it's for the angels, and unfallen worlds. Certainly God doesn't need it. It doesn't do us any good, because we're ignorant of what's happening in heaven. I should qualify this by saying it does us good to know about it, so we know to be prepared, but we don't know of the decisions being made there. Who does know? The angels and unfallen worlds.

Satan has been arguing that God is unjust and that He hides His true motivations; that He is not above board. The judgment (and by this I mean all the judgments; Investigative, Executive, and Final) demonstrate for different audiences that this is untrue.

First the angels and unfallen beings can see, because God lays it wide open for them, what decisions God is making and why. They see the character of each one. One can only imagine the interest of our guardian angels as they see why the one they cared for is declared to be a goat or sheep.

Next the righteous who partake of the first resurrection will see God's decisions. There will be great interest in seeing why loved one's or expected friends or acquaintences are not there, as well as much weeping as it is realized how much more could have been done to help in the salvation of loved ones and friends.

Finally the wicked themselves will have a chance to see why God has done what He has done. God does not force the will or judgment of any. When they all bow down and acknowledge He is right and true, it won't be because God has forced them to do so, but because they have seen with their own eyes, and the ways of God have been explained to them in such a way, that they understand that God did everything He could to save them, and their being lost was due to their own choice. All will acknowledge freely that God was right in the Great Controversy. His character will be vindicated.

Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75327
06/16/06 10:53 PM
06/16/06 10:53 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
To answer your question, after death comes the Judgment, meaning that what you have decided in your lifetime is locked in after your death. You can't choose any further after you die.

The IJ begins with the choices and consequent life record of the dead to see if the life reflected the choice. For example, if I profess to be a Christian, then my life record is reviewed to see if it was in line with my choice or profession. Of course, probation closes for any individual after they die, however, the choice they made and the life they lived isn't investigated at death but later on, which began on October 22, 1844. And remember, judgment begins at the house of God. Judgment also begins with the dead and will then move on to the living.

Daryl smile

Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75328
06/16/06 10:57 PM
06/16/06 10:57 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Looks like we both answered it.

Daryl smile

Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75329
06/16/06 11:11 PM
06/16/06 11:11 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Tom n Daryl

Are you saying the same thing?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75330
06/16/06 11:46 PM
06/16/06 11:46 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I think we are in our own way.

Daryl smile

Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75331
06/16/06 11:48 PM
06/16/06 11:48 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am still looking for an answer to my question, which is the whole reason for this topic.

Is there an earlier close of probation for the SDA Church followed by a general close of probation for the others?

Daryl smile

Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75332
06/17/06 04:51 AM
06/17/06 04:51 AM
B
bethybug  Offline
Ga

(need to read verses 1-6 to get context)
Ezekiel 9:6 "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and
little children, and women: but come not near any man
upon whom is the mark; and BEGIN AT MY SANCTURARY. Then
they BEGAN AT THE ANCIENT MEN which were before the
house."

1 Peter 4:17 "For the time is come that judgement must
BEGIN AT THE HOUSE OF GOD: and if it first BEGIN AT US,
what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel
of God?"

Re: Close of Probation Question(s) #75333
06/17/06 04:59 AM
06/17/06 04:59 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:

I am still looking for an answer to my question, which is the whole reason for this topic.

Is there an earlier close of probation for the SDA Church followed by a general close of probation for the others?

What I wrote previously addressed this question, although it was in a larger context. I'll be more specific here.

Judgment has to do with light. The message God started to give in 1888, and will continue giving, will be primarily given to SDA's. But there will be non-SDA's who will hear it before some SDA's.

Also, please note in the SOP quote cited previously, she says the judgment begins with those who have entered into the service of God. Unfortunately, not all SDA's have done this (to put is mildly). Just because one is an SDA does not mean their name will even be considered. One must have entered into the service of God for that to happen.

So, in a general way, yes, SDA's will be considered by non-SDA's, but only in a general way, based on the profession one is making and the acquaintance with truth one has had.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!