Christ told us by His own words that new wine is not put in old wineskins. Is that why the older generation does not understand the ways of the young Christian generation? Is that why we can be so critical of their ways and actions, even though the young may have a deep love for God. It is so easy for the young to burst our wineskin, because of their "new wine", and the love that our youth have for Christ is spilled because we try to lock up their new love for God in our old wineskins.

My son and I were listening to a Christian song that I was not particularly enjoying. He turned to me and asked "Doesn't that song just really touch your heart?" I admitted to him that it was not the style of music that spoke to me, but if it was speaking to him, we would keep on listening and enjoying each others company and the company of the Holy Spirit.

His new wine did not fit in my old wineskin. But I did not try to fill his new wineskin with my old wine. And we rejoiced in the love of God together. Even listening to his new style religious music. He enjoying the music, me enjoying the fact that the Holy Spirit was speaking to him.

------------------
And the second is like it . . .