HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76654
07/02/06 04:41 PM
07/02/06 04:41 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Here is the direct link for this week's study on Judgment Must Begin:

http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/eng/06c/less02.html

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76655
07/02/06 04:50 PM
07/02/06 04:50 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I found the introductory to this week's study to be interesting in light of some other topics within MSDAOL.

Here it is quoted below:

"Oraffiti written on a wall by an Italian atheist reads: "There is no God—and Mary is His mother!" However funny, the point is important: As human beings, we are subjective creatures. However much we might try to be objective-to look at things honestly, fairly, logically, without preconceived notions—we inevitably bring our own ideas, culture, moods, and experiences into whatever subject we approach. Even the idea of not having a preconceived notion about something is, indeed, to have a preconceived notion about something.

This week, while realizing our inherent limitations, we're going to be as objective as we can as we look at what the Bible says about judgment.
Let's forget for the moment about 1844, the pre-Advent judgment, Ellen White, Hiram Edson in the cornfield, etc. Instead, let's just let the Bible speak for itself on this important topic. And, as it does, let's see what answers it gives to the following questions: How are judgment and the gospel linked? What are the final results of judgment? Are Christians judged? What role do works play in judgment? When is the judgment?

Though none of the answers to these questions contains all that we need to know on the subject, woven together they form a nice tapestry that will enable us to grasp better the concept of judgment, regardless of whatever preconceptions we already have about it."

Well, what does the Bible say about judgment?

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76656
07/02/06 05:39 PM
07/02/06 05:39 PM
D
Dr.Glenn  Offline
Nevada
Today's Lesson mentions John 3:18
"He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God"
Some, if not all, advocates of the trinity doctrine do not believe that Jesus Christ, in his divine person, is the literal only begotten Son of God the Father. Can these individuals believe in the "name" of the only begotten Son of God when they do not believe that he, in his divine person, is the literal only begotten Son of God?

grw
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76657
07/02/06 06:16 PM
07/02/06 06:16 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I looked up the words "the only begotten of the Father" from John 1:14 as well as "the only begotten Son of God" from John 3:18.

What are these words saying?

What do these words mean?

Could these words be referring to the only person born of a woman, whose human nature never came by the ordinary way of generation; it being a mere creation in the womb of the virgin, by the energy of the Holy Ghost?

Wouldn't this fit with the Word, and the Word being God in John 1:1 that became flesh in John 1:14 in which the words "the only begotten Son of God are explained?

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76658
07/03/06 02:51 AM
07/03/06 02:51 AM
D
Dr.Glenn  Offline
Nevada
Quote:

I looked up the words "the only begotten of the Father" from John 1:14 as well as "the only begotten Son of God" from John 3:18.

Could these words be referring to the only person born of a woman, whose human nature never came by the ordinary way of generation; it being a mere creation in the womb of the virgin, by the energy of the Holy Ghost?

Wouldn't this fit with the Word, and the Word being God in John 1:1 that became flesh in John 1:14 in which the words "the only begotten Son of God are explained?

John 1:1 took place "in the beginning". John 1:14 took place later probably about 4 B.C.

Could it not be possible for God the Father to begat a divine Son (as opposed to a human son) in his express image and who is exactly like him in every way?

grw
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76659
07/03/06 04:34 PM
07/03/06 04:34 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1. "Let's forget for the moment about 1844, the pre-Advent judgment, Ellen White, Hiram Edson in the cornfield, etc. Instead, let's just let the Bible speak for itself on this important topic."

What? Are we supposed to assume that there are contradictions between them and the Bible?

2. "How are judgment and the gospel linked?"

The day of atonement (judgment) was, will be, the climax of the gospel.

3. "What are the final results of judgment?"

Paradise restored.

4. "Are Christians judged?"

Yes, of course. That's the best part of the gospel. Once Christians are closely examined it will be evident and obvious to everyone, including evil angels, that God is love, that His kingdom and character is holy, just, and good.

5. "What role do works play in judgment?"

They are the evidence that Jesus is the truth, that His ways are best, that all over ways are darkness.

6. "When is the judgment?"

It began in 1844 for the dead, and will include the living during the mark of the beast (sunday laws) crisis. In another sense judgment is a daily ongoing process. But "the" judgment, as it pertains to prophecy, began in 1844 and will end when probation closes.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76660
07/03/06 10:11 PM
07/03/06 10:11 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What Bible texts back up your reply to each of these questions that you answered?

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76661
07/03/06 10:22 PM
07/03/06 10:22 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
But the Word also was there in the beginning, before anything was created.

Quote:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

The Word which became flesh in John 1:14 is the same Word in verses 1 and 2, which again was there before anything was created for the very basic reason that the Word was God, which also means that the Word that became flesh, namely Jesus Christ, is the Eternal God.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76662
07/03/06 11:10 PM
07/03/06 11:10 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
These are good questions. My answers follow.

1. "Let's forget for the moment about 1844, the pre-Advent judgment, Ellen White, Hiram Edson in the cornfield, etc. Instead, let's just let the Bible speak for itself on this important topic."

Skipped.

2. "How are judgment and the gospel linked?"

The judgment is primarily about God. Satan has accused God of being arbitrary, unfair, and selfish. He has suggested that His created beings do not need the law, that they would be better off disregarding it.

The Gospel is the Good News about God, that He is just like Jesus Christ. The judgment will show that this is true! God is not arbitrary, unfair, or selfish. The judgment will also show, in the history of those examined, what happens when God's law is disregarded. God gave His law as a hedge to protect us, and disgregarding it leads to suffering, misery, pain, and death.

Yet another thing the judgment will show is that at every moment in history God has been working single-mindedly to eliminate the sin problem as quickly as possible.

3. "What are the final results of judgment?"

God's character will have been revealed to be just as He has claimed it to be. God will be seen to have always been just like He revealed Himself to be in Jesus Christ.

4. "Are Christians judged?"

Christians are a part of the judgment. They show how God's grace works in those who respond to it. They are an important part in God's judgment because they show to good effect God's qualities of grace and mercy.

5. "What role do works play in judgment?"

The works reveal the character. The Christ-like characters the righteous development demonstrate that God's way of dealing with the sin problem is effective.

One would also imagine that other beings would be interested in seeing the characters of those who, having lived in a world of sin, will spend eternity with them. They will be interested in seeing evidence that these dudes can be trusted.

6. "When is the judgment?"

There are three "big" judgments. The investigative judgment demonstrates things ("things" being how God has worked throughout history) for the unfallen angels and unfallen worlds. The executive judgment shows the same things for the righteous. The final judgment shows the same things for Satan and those who have united themselves with his cause.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76663
07/04/06 01:53 AM
07/04/06 01:53 AM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Quote:

Quote:

John 1:1 took place "in the beginning". John 1:14 took place later probably about 4 B.C.

Could it not be possible for God the Father to begat a divine Son (as opposed to a human son) in his express image and who is exactly like him in every way?

John 1:1-2 is interesting, for in the Interlinear Bible which is a literal translation of the Received Text there is a word missing from the Greek to the English translation.

They left out the word "the" before the first and third use of the word "God" also the Greek word for the first and the third words for "God" are not the same as the second word "God".

Is it possible for God to have a Son? Yes. Read Prov. chapter 8 and you will find that Christ was brought forth from the Father before there were any foundations and that He the Son of God was His Fathers daily delight.

Go into the epistles and you will find that Christ inherited a name above all others.

Go into the Book of Revelation chapter 5 and you will find that the Son of God was also given, Honor, power and Glory etc. after He had taken the Book out of the Fathers Right Hand.

Read 1 Cor 8:6 and you will see that Paul taught that there is only one God, the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ.

Read Matthew 16 and you will find that the Father told Peter that Christ was "The Son of the Living God".

Read John 14 and you will find that Christ plainly states that God the Father dwelt in Him and that He, Christ did not do the miracles and speak the words but the Father that dwelt in Him did these things.

John 17 also points to the fact that Christ is the Son of God and not God.

The Second Commandment also tells us that we are to have no other Gods before the Almighty God.

Isaiah 45:5, 22 States that God looks around and see no other gods before Him.

1 John 5:1-6 also teaches us that if we believe that Christ is THE "Son of God" we can over come the world. Notice it does not state "God the Son"

1 John 5:7 cannot be used because it is a supplied text. However, it is easy to see that God and His Son and the Holy Spirit are all one when it comes to the plan of Salvation.

Read SOP Volume 1 chapter 1 "The Great Controversy" The fall of Satan. I am not talking about that set called conflict of the ages series! You need to read the SOP (little black books) and Sister White plainly shows that Christ is subordinate to God.

Peace and Grace
David

I will ask a question that I have asked just prior to this post (on a different thread), Is it possible for the founders of the SDA church to be members of the SDA church today? What do the official writings of the church claim?

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76664
07/04/06 05:19 PM
07/04/06 05:19 PM
B
bethybug  Offline
Ga
What do you mean we cannot use 1 John 5:7? It is in my KJV and does not say supplied text. It is not in italics. Where do you get that? Also, do you think that the Great Controversy that we have is not a correct version or something? What specifically in it do you not agree with? Like could you give page and paragraph....and maybe compare it to what is in your book? What makes you think that we cannot use the Conflict of the Ages series?? This is very distressing to me because if we cannot use the KJV and the Ellen White books that we have...what is there left? I would like some concrete evidence that there is something wrong with these books before I am going to stop believing what she has written! I grew up in reading her writings and I have not seen that there is a problem with them so far.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76665
07/05/06 01:43 AM
07/05/06 01:43 AM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Quote:

What do you mean we cannot use 1 John 5:7? It is in my KJV and does not say supplied text. It is not in italics. Where do you get that? Also, do you think that the Great Controversy that we have is not a correct version or something? What specifically in it do you not agree with? Like could you give page and paragraph....and maybe compare it to what is in your book? What makes you think that we cannot use the Conflict of the Ages series?? This is very distressing to me because if we cannot use the KJV and the Ellen White books that we have...what is there left? I would like some concrete evidence that there is something wrong with these books before I am going to stop believing what she has written! I grew up in reading her writings and I have not seen that there is a problem with them so far.

The quote 1 John 5:7 is a supplied text by the people who translated the KJV. You will notice many-supplied text in the Bible. In many cases there is no problem with these supplied words for they do not change the meaning of the verse, or verses that proceed or those that come before the supplied words in a given text. However, in this case the entire verse is supplied, it may be in your KJV but as stated in my prior post in the Received Text it is in ( ), which is the same as the “italics in or translation and this shows that it is supplied.
To compare the verses you would need to purchase a copy of the Received Text. It is called the “Interlinear Bible” Both the old and New Testaments in Hebrew, Greek and English. Some of the larger Bible stores should carry it. I know that the ABC in Collegedale TN use to carry them.

Do not miss understand me, we can and should use the KJV it is the best version that we have. The Holy Spirit used this Bible to bring up this church did it not?

All that I am saying is that it is not prefect. You should note that the founders did not use this verse to support the “trinity” doctrine. Also as I noted if one reads it they can easily see that all three God, Son and Holy Spirit work in unity towards the great plan of Salvation. This text in conjunction with the few that I lead out cannot nor does it prove the “trinity” theory, in fact it is just the opposite. Please also note that Sister White and the founders at times pointed out the “italicized” words as not being correct.

What is it that I disagree with? Read my other post where I posted the 1872 “Fundamental Principles”. The Founders did not believe in the “trinity” in fact they spoke very plainly against it as being a purely “catholic” doctrine. Also, the “catholic church” states that this doctrine of the “trinity” is the “FOUNDATION” of all their dogmas. You can find in it the thread about the 28 fundamental beliefs.

Sister White used the KJV for more that 90% of her quotes, as her son W. C. White stated Sister White before using the RV to quote from she would spend hours comparing the RV to the KJV and if there was no way that it changed the meaning she would use it.

Use the KJV I do. In fact I use both but I preach from the KJV.

Have you ever noticed the old writings where Sister White or others used the term little “companies” or the “ones”? It comes from the Interlinear (Received Text) Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patients of the Saints, here are the ones keeping the Commands of God and the Faith of Jesus”

Peace and Grace

David

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76666
07/05/06 02:07 PM
07/05/06 02:07 PM
B
bethybug  Offline
Ga
Thankyou for explaining yourself, I will check this out further for myself. I would like to know where a quote is about the italicized words in the KJV not being accurate. I have not seen that before. (from EGW)

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76667
07/05/06 08:35 PM
07/05/06 08:35 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Continuing with the lesson study....

Monday's study is titled Life or Damnation?

The texts provided there say that you will either be saved eternally or lost eternally.

As it states there, "In the end, the ultimate fate of all of us is either eternal life or eternal destruction."

In order for this to happen, it further states, "Thus, it's clear from even these texts that some sort of judgment divides the righteous from the wicked. A final separation occurs, a judgment in which the final fate of everyone is, forever, decided."

So, who is being judged here? The answer is obviously everybody and anybody who ever lived.

We then move on to Tuesday's study.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76668
07/05/06 08:45 PM
07/05/06 08:45 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tuesday's study is titled, House of God.

A few questions are asked there.

"But what about the church?

What about those who have professed the name of Jesus and, from all outward appearances, are living the Christian life in sincerity and faithfulness?

Are they, too, judged?"

1 Peter 4:17 says, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

The Judgment must begin at the house of God.

Why do Christians need to be judged?

Didn't Christ's death take care of the need of judgment for those who believe on Him?

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76669
07/08/06 02:06 AM
07/08/06 02:06 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Happy Sabbath.

Men is judge based on what he has done with the 10 Commandments as a standard of judgment, and what is in his heart is judge by the principle of the same law: which is love that seeks no self.

Therefore no men could stand righteous before the law, the law could justify no one and awarded him with life. At the end we are saved and enter heaven because of the grace of God that justifies us for our faith in Christ, in the sens that this justification is a gift (Romans 3:28; 11:6; Ephesians 2:8,9).

Christ is the only man in earth history that is justified by the law and rosed from his grave as a reward of his righteousness. This confirm that God is just.

In His love

James S

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76670
07/08/06 02:15 AM
07/08/06 02:15 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
So, do we believe in the Word as God apart from another God which the Word was with Him since the beginning?

With this view, does we transgress the 1st commandment?

If yes, no wonder, considering if it is really originated to a Catholic doctrine, which by following their doctrines we would transgressed also the 2nd and 4th commandments.

In His love

James S

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76671
07/08/06 11:25 AM
07/08/06 11:25 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I guess that depends on how we understand the Hebrew usage of the word God, which in the Hebrew is Elohim, which is a plural word.

In English the word deer is both a singular and a plural word. Whether we saw one deer or three deer this morning, it is still deer, not one deer or three deers.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76672
07/08/06 01:32 PM
07/08/06 01:32 PM
D
Dr.Glenn  Offline
Nevada
Quote:

So, do we believe in the Word as God apart from another God which the Word was with Him since the beginning?

With this view, does we transgress the 1st commandment?

If yes, no wonder, considering if it is really originated to a Catholic doctrine, which by following their doctrines we would transgressed also the 2nd and 4th commandments.

In His love

James S

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, kept all the ten commandments including the 1st, 2nd, and 4th and left us an example to follow. Which God did Jesus Christ worship?
1) God the Father who Jesus says is the only true God?
2) God the Son as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
3) God the Holy Spirit as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
4) A unity of three co-eternal persons as defined in the 28 fundamental beliefs of the General Conference Seventh-day Adventist Church?
Who is the God of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God?

grw
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76673
07/08/06 02:14 PM
07/08/06 02:14 PM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, kept all the ten commandments including the 1st, 2nd, and 4th and left us an example to follow. Which God did Jesus Christ worship?
1) God the Father who Jesus says is the only true God?
2) God the Son as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
3) God the Holy Spirit as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
4) A unity of three co-eternal persons as defined in the 28 fundamental beliefs of the General Conference Seventh-day Adventist Church?
Who is the God of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God?

--------------------
grw

GRW;

I like your questions.

I do not know how many people have studied Proverbs chapter 8:22-32. If someone has then how does the “trinity” apply?

In Revelation 2:12 who is the God of Christ? If Christ is God then why does he have a God?
In Revelation 5:1 who is sitting on the Throne? If it is the “triune god” then, who takes the book from “him (singular not triune)”who sits on the throne? Thought, how many arms does this chair have 2 or 6?

In the Ministry Magazine 10/1993 we find that the founders cannot be members of the SDA church today because they cannot hold to the 2, 4 and 5 of the 27 (then it was 27) fundamental beliefs? Why is this? Could there be a difference in, which is taught today? We know that the Holy Spirit brought this church up and taught the founders. So what changed?

As Paul taught, as did Christ there is only one God and that is the Father, the Father of the only begotten Son.

That text John 1:1-2 is held on to by many “triune god” believers along with 1 John 5:7, as the bases for the “triune god” theory. While they over look John 14 and John 17 and a host of other texts that point to there being One God the Father. Maybe they have a bad understanding of these verses.

They think that since God said let “us” make man in our image that means that there is more than one God. Cannot Christ be in the image of His father? And if so then would not the Father be correct in saying “ let us make man in our image”? And then it goes on to say that God made man in His image and the “Him” is very singular is it not?

One other point, the “triune god” destroys the Father and Son relationship that exists between God and His Son and puts them as the same person some how in these three gods in one.

To anyone; where in the Bible (KJV) does it ever teach us that the Holy Spirit is God or that we are to pray to the Holy Spirit? One text that it states it is God or one text were we are to pray to it. If there is more than one text that is good also. But find one text at least.

That’s all for now.

Peace and Grace

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76674
07/08/06 05:59 PM
07/08/06 05:59 PM
K
kubuli  Offline
Posting New Member
Muncie, Indiana
1888, why don't you talk to the Holy Spirit and ask him?

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76675
07/08/06 07:15 PM
07/08/06 07:15 PM
the1888message  Offline
USA
kubuli

We are not taought to pray to the Holy Spirit. We are taught to ask FOR the Holy Spirit. So I cannot ask him.

My question was and you did not answer it from scripture, why? You tried to redirect the question that I asked.

Again, can you or anyone give scripture that states the Holy Spirit is God? I will add to the question since you brought it up, where in the scritpures are we taught to pray to the Holy Spirit?

Peace and Grace
David

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76676
07/08/06 09:39 PM
07/08/06 09:39 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Quote:

Tuesday's study is titled, House of God.

A few questions are asked there.

"But what about the church?

What about those who have professed the name of Jesus and, from all outward appearances, are living the Christian life in sincerity and faithfulness?

Are they, too, judged?"

1 Peter 4:17 says, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

The Judgment must begin at the house of God.

Why do Christians need to be judged?

Didn't Christ's death take care of the need of judgment for those who believe on Him?

In answer to my own questions here, the lesson draws our attention to Matthew 7:21-23 which says:

Matthew 7:21-23 (King James Version)

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

From the above text, Christ says that not all professing Christians will enter into the kingdom of heaven, thus the reason for judgment beginning at the house of God, or amongst professing Christians.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76677
07/09/06 01:50 AM
07/09/06 01:50 AM
K
kubuli  Offline
Posting New Member
Muncie, Indiana
Quote:

kubuli

We are not taought to pray to the Holy Spirit. We are taught to ask FOR the Holy Spirit. So I cannot ask him.

I am assuming you never pray, "Dear Jesus" since we are only taught to pray to the Father.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76678
07/09/06 03:17 AM
07/09/06 03:17 AM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Quote:

Quote:

kubuli

I am assuming you never pray, "Dear Jesus" since we are only taught to pray to the Father.

Daruis,

Your tongue is as forked as satans.
You cannot answer any question put to you.
You keep trying to redirect and do a charlatan’s trick of misdirection.

Again, the questions to you are thus, “can you give scripture that states the Holy Spirit is God? Where in the scriptures are we taught to pray to the Holy Spirit?

I will now add yet another since you did make a comment on it after all.
Where in the scriptures does it teach to pray to Christ? I know where Christ taught us to pray to the Father. Maybe you do not know this prayer? It begins “Our Father”.

I will yet again answer your question
“I am assuming you never pray, "Dear Jesus" since we are only taught to pray to the Father.”

That is correct I only pray to the One True God, and I do this asking for the Holy Spirit and I do this through Jesus Christ and by Jesus Christ. For no man can come unto the Father except by Jesus Christ.

Come on answer the questions with a plain thus saith the Lord.

Peace and Grace
David

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76679
07/09/06 03:34 AM
07/09/06 03:34 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Jesus called these people "workers of iniquity".mPsalms 28:3 describes what a worker of iniquity is
Quote:

Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

They are deceitful people is what it reads, and speak peace.
God Bless,
Will

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76680
07/09/06 02:25 PM
07/09/06 02:25 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
NOTICE:
As kubuli is actually a second registration of Darius, which is a direct violation of our forum rules, kubuli has been banned from any further activity in any forum of MSDAOL, therefore, there will not be any further replies under the username of kubuli.

It seems that all banned members were reactivated as a result of conversion, another glitch caused by conversion from UBB Classics to UBB Threads.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!