HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35
Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77603
09/23/06 01:31 AM
09/23/06 01:31 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:

This is wrong, I disagree with this.

Then you disagree with Revelation 19:16, you disagree with Ellen White, and you disagree with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77604
09/23/06 11:11 AM
09/23/06 11:11 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
OK. I am going to answer this before reading the post/s that were made since.

Christ while on this earth couldn't use His own divinity, therefore, He depended on the divinity that came both from the Father and the Holy Spirit. In this sense the Father, the Holy Spirit dwelled in Christ.

If Christ had used His own divinity, the devil could have said that He couldn't have done it in His humanity alone. If Christ couldn't have done it in His humanity alone through dependence on the Father and the Holy Spirit, then neither could we.

John, I am now waiting for you to answer my question.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77605
09/23/06 03:55 PM
09/23/06 03:55 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 Timothy 6:14-16.
I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time – God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever, Amen.

Here, undeniable he who has immortality is God, the Father, the only Ruler, King of kings an Lord of lords.

1 Corinthians 8:6.
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live, and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

God the Father, is the only Ruler, King of kings and Lord of lords, whom alone is immortal, the great Source of life, from him all things came.

Quote.
The Bible says that the Father alone has immortality. Does this mean that Christ doesn’t have immortality? Of course not; but it means that Christ obtains his immortality from the Father. It is by this very fact that he “brought life and immortality to light through the gospel” (2 Tim. 1:10), that is, He is the person through whom our immortality comes.
Unquote.

Very clear!

I go along with the bible.

In His love

James S

Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77606
09/23/06 04:26 PM
09/23/06 04:26 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Who is the Faithful and True referring to?

Who is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords referring to?

Both are referring to Christ, not the Father, as the following text shows:

Quote:

Rev. 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Likewise, 1 Tim. 6:14-16 in which the King of kings and Lord of lords also appears, is obviously referring specifically to Jesus Christ, who alone has immortality.

God alone has immortality. In other words, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit alone has immortality.

The Father is Jehovah God.
The Son is Jehovah God.
The Holy Spirit is Jehovah God.

Daryl smile

Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77607
09/23/06 04:58 PM
09/23/06 04:58 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
There is something missing here, you see the angels in heaven are immortal, every divine being in heaven is immortal, Moses and Elijah, and the redemmed from the earth (those who rose after Christ's resurrection) that are in heaven are immortal.
So there is a missing element here, immortal compared to who, what??
The FaithFul and True King riding on the horse is Christ, it is the exact opposite of Him riding through Jerusalem on a donkey, where it symbolized humility, now He comes as King and conqeurer. Inf act the Father has given Him the kingdom to rule, and has given us to Christ.
When I get home and if I have time I will give Bible verses for each of the sentences\paragraphs I posted, or you can look them up
God Bless & Happy Sabbath,
Will

Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77608
09/24/06 01:52 PM
09/24/06 01:52 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I don't know which version you quoted, James, but the name of God not even appears in this verse. The only name mentioned is the name of Jesus Christ.

Two passages in the Bible identify Christ as the King of kings and Lord of lords - Rev. 17:14 and 19:16. This is a special title applied to Christ, not to the Father.

Besides, Ellen White applies the passage specifically to Christ. In fact, this is the reason why most anti-trinitarians abandon their belief in the prophetic gift of Ellen white; they realize that what she says goes against their private beliefs.

Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77609
09/24/06 08:00 PM
09/24/06 08:00 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
John, I understand when Christ said the Father dwelt in Him that He was speaking of the unity He had with the Father. In John 17 we read:

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (John 17:21-23)

Unity seems to me to be what Jesus has in mind here.

I presented a text showing that Jesus is Jehovah. Many more could be shown. Any comment on this?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77610
09/24/06 10:27 PM
09/24/06 10:27 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
From my own reading and study of the Bible, I also agree that Jesus is Jehovah, that the Father is Jehovah, and that the Holy Spirit is Jehovah.

Daryl smile

Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77611
09/25/06 02:15 AM
09/25/06 02:15 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Quote.
......the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time – God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords ......
Unquote.

Clearly stated that God will send Christ to come at the end of time when he thinks it is OK, a day that even Jesus doesn't know, only the Father knew, which is reffered as the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

In His love

James S

Re: Are we transgressing the 1st commandment or not? #77612
09/25/06 03:17 AM
09/25/06 03:17 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Quote:

John, I understand when Christ said the Father dwelt in Him that He was speaking of the unity He had with the Father.

Unity seems to me to be what Jesus has in mind here.

Oneness is the result of the indwelling. The indwelling is the means of the oneness. There is a way and means of the oneness. The means of that oneness is the fellowship of spirit. It is the Father indwelling in the Son by his spirit. It is not just a unity of ideas, purposes, and interests. There is an actual personal presence of the Father in the Son by his spirit. There is a fellowship of Christ with Father; a fellowship of faith and love; where the Son by faith appropriates the spirit of the Father and lives thereby. Thus he is the express image of the Father’s person.

This then is the means and ways for us. To be born of the spirit, is to enter that relationship or fellowship with the Son; being filled with his spirit; his faith, we become sons, so that the Father can come and dwell in us by his spirit. It is a fellowship of faith where we by faith appropriate the spirit of Christ and thus as sons the spirit of the Father. It is a growing fellowship; we are first as babes, then children, then … till we all come unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (John 17:21-23)

Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!