HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,264 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79762
10/02/06 08:38 PM
10/02/06 08:38 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I took the following from a post in another topic here at MSDAOL:

A news report came over New Zealand’s main TV station last Friday evening, showing a large billboard Jonathan has erected near Thames. See http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/838558?bandwidth=128k

We have seen a copy of this telecast. The billboard offers a $1 million reward to anyone who can find a Bible text which proves Sunday keeping. Jonathan was interviewed and said he was very confident he would never have to pay out. The newscaster said they had asked the local [Sunday-keeping] ministers for comment, but they have declined to become involved. Jonathan’s recent mission in Thames, involving introductory meetings on the major discovery claims of Ron Wyatt, have apparently generated much discussion around the city, and the ministers are not happy about the loss of members in some instances. Other ministers have themselves turned and accepted the Sabbath, one or two with many of their congregation joining them. Jonathan says he has been receiving many phonecalls as a result of the billboard.

Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79763
10/02/06 08:40 PM
10/02/06 08:40 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I watched this video.

Very interesting.

What a chance for an avid Sunday keeper to obtain one million dollars!

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79764
10/06/06 11:37 AM
10/06/06 11:37 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
I will make a couple of comments:

1) In my personal opinion, Ron Wyatt has not credibility.

That is simply my opinion, and acknowledge that those who may disagree with such are part of the family of God. I hope that they will so consider me to be, even when they believe me to be wrong.

2) the $1,000,000 reward:

Let us look at the ethics of such an offer:

a) The one making it should be capable of making the payment, if one were to be successful. In other words, the one making the offer should deposit the million dollars in a bank account held in trust for delivery to the one who succeeded. Without such a deposit, it may be assumed that the capability to pay such a sum does not exist, and the offer is a fraud.

b) Determination as to whether or not one had successfully met the terms to receive the money should be made by objective people not connected to the money itself. It should not be made by the one who will pay the million dollars. Doing so, or by someone else who is either not independent, or objective, further makes the offer to be a fraud.

Folks, such offers have been around for decades. They cast us in a bad (unethical) light. They should not be made. They do not do well for the Lord that we represent, in my opinion.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79765
10/06/06 10:39 PM
10/06/06 10:39 PM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
a Million dollars, is that all????
Saturday is the Sabbath: I bet my life on it!

Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79766
10/09/06 10:28 AM
10/09/06 10:28 AM
Ross  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Australia/New Zealand
Quote:

I will make a couple of comments:

1) In my personal opinion, Ron Wyatt has not credibility.

That is simply my opinion, and acknowledge that those who may disagree with such are part of the family of God. I hope that they will so consider me to be, even when they believe me to be wrong.

Yes, of course we can differ and still be brothers in the faith. But if we have a difference, we should not be afraid to discuss it. This is how the pioneers of our faith formulated the basic truths we hold dear.

But let me talk plainly. If you have evidence showing where you believe Ron Wyatt lacks credibilty, then please share the evidence. Do not merely be an echo for someone elses prejudices...

"Shun as a sin the practice, so common even among Seventh-day Adventists, of becoming the echo of any man, whatever his position."- GW92 390.2

The problem is, that if we have no evidence for discrediting someone, then we are simply repeating what the Pharisees did to Jesus, i.e. they condemned Him on the basis of "group-think", peer-pressure, false reports and prejudices. We of all people should not fall into that trap, and miss out on the light that God wants to give us, just as the the Pharisees missed out on recognising their Messiah.

Please don't take offence, but I feel strongly about this because of the amount of unfounded mis-information directed at Ron Wyatt, which I believe is just a thinly disguised attack on some of the most wonderful outreach tools we have ever had access to, namely these Biblical discoveries.

Warm regards , your brother
Ross

Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79767
10/09/06 11:16 PM
10/09/06 11:16 PM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
why do we continue to make it about a day? How quickly we have forgotten that it was the Pharisees and church leaders of Jesus' time that plotted to put him to death because they felt he was not observing the sabbath correctly? They had the sabbath, but it didn't stop them from plotting to kill Jesus....

Sometimes I think we use "the sabbath" as our get into heaven free card... we can lie, mistreat people, steal, be abusive, but as long as we observe sabbath, show up for church on sabbath morning all is well.... all those involved in the 3abn saga, sabbath keepers... the various scandals in the local conferences from Lake Region, to Northeasten, to South Central..... all sabbathkeepers.... its not about a day people, no matter how much we try to make it about one...

Where there is life, there is hope....
Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79768
10/10/06 12:55 AM
10/10/06 12:55 AM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Quote:

why do we continue to make it about a day? How quickly we have forgotten that it was the Pharisees and church leaders of Jesus' time that plotted to put him to death because they felt he was not observing the sabbath correctly? They had the sabbath, but it didn't stop them from plotting to kill Jesus....

Sometimes I think we use "the sabbath" as our get into heaven free card... we can lie, mistreat people, steal, be abusive, but as long as we observe sabbath, show up for church on sabbath morning all is well.... all those involved in the 3abn saga, sabbath keepers... the various scandals in the local conferences from Lake Region, to Northeasten, to South Central..... all sabbathkeepers.... its not about a day people, no matter how much we try to make it about one...

You are correct it is not about a day. It is about the Day that the Almighty God set aside, a special day that God made Holy and Sanctified. One very special day that is set aside from all other days. A day that Satan has for centuries has dismissed and his followers have dismissed and just another day.

The Sabbath is part of the character of God; it is part of His witness about His self. EX 31:18.
It amazes me the number of people in the world who claim to be “Christians” who are dismissive of the Sabbath. And who make false claims as to the importance of the ONE DAY, the Sabbath of God. Did not Christ say that if we love him to keep his commandments? Are we not also taught that those who keep the Commandments of God have the Love of God in them and that Christ is in those who keep these same Commandments? 1 John 2:1-6
Does not the Commandments teach use how to love God and our fellow men?

The Sabbath is the key dividing point between those who keep the Commandments of God and the commandments of men. T Vol 5 pg 81

We do not keep the Sabbath to be saved but because we are saved.

Peace and Grace
David

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79769
10/10/06 07:44 AM
10/10/06 07:44 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Talk about misscommunication... Did you even read what Steve wrote David?
Anyhow, I guess you would like this quote from the gospels:

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

But it is followed by these verses:

Jhn 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full.
Jhn 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Jhn 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Jhn 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Jhn 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Jhn 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Do you still like the text? This is what the gospels record Jesus commandment to be.

You refered to Johns first letter. The verses says this:

1Jo 2:1 ¶ My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
1Jo 2:3 ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jo 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jo 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jo 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jo 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

Notice how John in the two last verses refers to an old commandment and a new commandment but does not at this point go into defining the commmandments. But no worry, reading on he returns to give the definitions:

1Jo 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jo 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward God.
1Jo 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jo 3:24 ¶ And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1Jo 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

John here agrees with Jesus, His commandment is to love oneanother. John also adds believing in the name of Jesus. Can we still say that the premium idea is a day or A day or even The Day?

As one of the prophets said about obedience to the law:

Hsa 6:4 ¶ O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness [is] as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
Hsa 6:5 Therefore have I hewed [them] by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments [are as] the light [that] goeth forth.
Hsa 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Hsa 6:7 But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.
Hsa 6:8 Gilead [is] a city of them that work iniquity, [and is] polluted with blood.
Hsa 6:9 And as troops of robbers wait for a man, [so] the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping #79770
10/10/06 11:56 AM
10/10/06 11:56 AM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
thanks Thomas... I think he did miss what I wrote.... such is life... we see what we want to see....

Where there is life, there is hope....
Re: One Million Dollars Reward To Anyone Who Can Find A Bible Text Which Proves Sunday Keeping [Re: Ross] #79951
10/15/06 04:11 PM
10/15/06 04:11 PM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Re: "But let me talk plainly. If you have evidence showing where you believe Ron Wyatt lacks credibility, then please share the evidence. Do not merely be an echo for someone elses prejudices...[sic.]"

Ross:

Let me clearly stated that I am not merely echoing the prejudices of others. My opinion is based upon my personal knowledge, and examination of what Ron Wyatt has written.

Am I afraid to discuss? No. However, probably like most of us, to include you, my life is busy enough that I have to be selective. I do not have either the time or energy to debate (discuss) every point of difference that I might have with everyone who might challenge me to do so.

In the matter or Ron Wyatt, I do not consider this to be an important enough issue to devote time and energy to discussing it. I am quite willing to leave that to others who consider it to be more important.

Why did I say that he had no credibility? Simply to alert people reading here that his credibility may be challenged. By doing so, those who are interested may study it our for themselves. Whatever decision they make is fine with me. Let them study it for themselves.

Last edited by Gregory; 10/15/06 04:12 PM.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!