HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69668
10/08/06 01:13 AM
10/08/06 01:13 AM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
Quote:

How about John 5:39 for starters, quoted below:

Quote:

John 5:39 KJV
Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Christ told us in the above verse to search the Scriptures, which, of course, refers to the Old Testament, which includes Genesis.

you used the KJV which is not the correct rendering of that passage.... the passage should read, You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. And they are the ones witnessing of Me, (40) and you will not come to Me that you might have life.

Jesus was telling them that they had searched and were searching/studying the scripture but that the scriptures testified of him....

Where there is life, there is hope....
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69669
10/08/06 07:40 AM
10/08/06 07:40 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Darius, it seems to me that you are just pursuing a play on words (regarding "natural" and "supernatural") I'm asking you about what you think of God's intent and how He communicates with us. Do you think God communicates with us other than by our perceiving things about Him in nature? If so, how?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69670
10/08/06 02:28 PM
10/08/06 02:28 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Tom, if the Creator has a need to communicate with me on a specific matter then He has a million means at His disposal. The fact is that I have no way of being certain that He is the one speaking to me, so what does it matter what I believe? It is not as if He has some dedicated line on which He speaks. I really don't get what you guys are trying to establish here.

Last edited by Darius; 10/08/06 02:29 PM.

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69671
10/08/06 02:32 PM
10/08/06 02:32 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Quote:

I didn't say that God wrote the Bible all by Himself.

God inspired men to write the Bible for Him, making God the Ultimate Author of the Bible.

God could have written it Himself, however, He chose to inspire men to write the Bible for Him.

That's how God works, as He chooses to work through fallen mankind to proclaim His message of love, redemption, justice, mercy, etc. through the inspired Word, the Bible.

Who do you think inspired other men to write what they have written. You speak about how God works as if you have a document from Him with that information. This tendency men have to make claims about God as if they have inside information comes very close to blasphemy. If God did not tell you this is how He works you are presuming upon His position to make that claim.

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69672
10/08/06 08:09 PM
10/08/06 08:09 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:

Tom, if the Creator has a need to communicate with me on a specific matter then He has a million means at His disposal. The fact is that I have no way of being certain that He is the one speaking to me, so what does it matter what I believe? It is not as if He has some dedicated line on which He speaks. I really don't get what you guys are trying to establish here.

I'm trying to establish whether you think God communicates to us in some other ways than through nature. I find your assertion that if God chose to communicate with you that there is no way you could be certain it was He to be amazing. To think that God could create the world in seven days but cannot communicate with Darius in such a way that Darius knows it is He is hard to fathom.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69673
10/08/06 08:34 PM
10/08/06 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

No need to be smug. I want you to tell me what God could do that would leave me with no doubt that He was the One speaking to me. I am all ears.

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69674
10/09/06 12:51 AM
10/09/06 12:51 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
What did I write which struck you as smug? That's an odd reaction.

I find it odd that you think God is incapable of communicating with you in such a way that you know that it is He who is speaking to you. Why don't you explain to me why you think that it not possible?

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69675
10/09/06 01:51 AM
10/09/06 01:51 AM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
The fault is not his but mine. If He came with a name sign how would I know it was Him. Why don't you tell us how you would know.

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? [Re: Darius] #79932
10/14/06 08:48 PM
10/14/06 08:48 PM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Originally Posted By: Darius

God does have a dedicated line; I am surprised that you have not heard about it, it is called the Bible.

It is our direct line of communication to the Almighty God, to us that believe anyway. It shows us what Gods will is for us and it is full of His promises to us. God is as good as His Word and His word cannot fail.

Daruis, you like to play with words and twist a lot of things and get side issues going and you very rarely really answer, truly answer questions that are put to you. Instead you sided step them, this I will say that you are very good at, side stepping the issues.

Does God still speak to us humans today? YES, I say, through His written Word, by the Holy Spirit He speaks and impresses yes, through inspired writers old and new. Through nature he shows us His awesome power and presence. In the birth of a new born and even in death God shows use His love and power. He touches our hearts and mind in these ways and many more.

If a question is put to you, why not simply answer the question Daruis? This is one question that you can answer to yourself. So you are off the hook.

Peace and Grace

David

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? [Re: the1888message] #80028
10/17/06 06:30 PM
10/17/06 06:30 PM
S
Steve Claborn  Offline
Alabama
God's dedicated line is NOT the bible... it is prayer.... some people are uncomfortable with the idea that God speaks to us, communicates with us via prayer, but I am not one of them....

Where there is life, there is hope....
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!