HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,637
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TheophilusOne, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,351 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: True Conversion Described [Re: Mountain Man] #88566
05/02/07 07:19 PM
05/02/07 07:19 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Also, I agree with you that Moses would not have been lost had he died before he was able to repent.

I disagree with both of you on this point.

Repentance is necessary. If one does not repent, one is not forgiven.

Plus, if there is still hope for a sinner to repent, God would not allow him to die.

Quote:
A silent witness guards every soul that lives, seeking to win and draw him to Christ. The angels never leave the tempted one a prey to the enemy who would destroy the souls of men if permitted to do so. As long as there is hope, until they resist the Holy Spirit to their eternal ruin, men are guarded by heavenly intelligences. {OHC 23.2}

If they yield to the enemy, and make no effort to resist him, then the angels of God can do but little more than hold in check the host of Satan, that they shall not destroy, until further light be given to those in peril, to move them to arouse and look to heaven for help. {1T 345.2}

Satan has sought to afflict and ruin you, and even to take your life; but your Saviour has shielded you again and again, lest you should be cut down when your heart was filled with a satanic frenzy, your tongue uttering words of bitterness and unbelief against the Bible and against the truth you once advocated. {5T 338.1}

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: True Conversion Described [Re: asygo] #88573
05/02/07 10:35 PM
05/02/07 10:35 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Also, I agree with you that Moses would not have been lost had he died before he was able to repent.

I disagree with both of you on this point.

Repentance is necessary. If one does not repent, one is not forgiven.

I don’t see any sense in this. If a person was going to repent, then why would his dying cause him to be lost? This is sounding like Catholic theology, where the priest has to come in and usher some last rites really quick before the person dies to make sure they get into purgatory, or some such.
God is interested in the heart. Moses’ heart was not evil. Just because he lost his temper does not mean he stopped loving either God or his fellow man. The proof of this is that he repented. Had he died, it would have been true that he was about to repent.
There’s a couple of statements from the Spirit of Prophecy that help understand the principles involved here. One is the one I mentioned earlier that it is not the occasional good deed or misdeed that determines the character. Here’s another:

Quote:
No, no; years of probation were granted them, that they might form characters for heaven; but they have never trained the mind to love purity; they have never learned the language of heaven, and now it is too late. A life of rebellion against God has unfitted them for heaven. Its purity, holiness, and peace would be torture to them; the glory of God would be a consuming fire. They would long to flee from that holy place. They would welcome destruction, that they might be hidden from the face of Him who died to redeem them. The destiny of the wicked is fixed by their own choice. Their exclusion from heaven is voluntary with themselves, and just and merciful on the part of God. (GC 542, 543)

Those who are lost will be lost because they hate God and the principles of His government. They voluntarily exclude themselves from heaven, because they hate it there. This would not have been true of Moses had he died before he could repent.

Quote:
A silent witness guards every soul that lives, seeking to win and draw him to Christ. The angels never leave the tempted one a prey to the enemy who would destroy the souls of men if permitted to do so. As long as there is hope, until they resist the Holy Spirit to their eternal ruin, men are guarded by heavenly intelligences. {OHC 23.2}

If they yield to the enemy, and make no effort to resist him, then the angels of God can do but little more than hold in check the host of Satan, that they shall not destroy, until further light be given to those in peril, to move them to arouse and look to heaven for help. {1T 345.2}

Satan has sought to afflict and ruin you, and even to take your life; but your Saviour has shielded you again and again, lest you should be cut down when your heart was filled with a satanic frenzy, your tongue uttering words of bitterness and unbelief against the Bible and against the truth you once advocated. {5T 338.1}

Quote:
Plus, if there is still hope for a sinner to repent, God would not allow him to die.

We’re discussing this on another thread, regarding if God chooses the best moment for all to die. What you are asserting seems not to be tenable to me. If this were true, then it would follow that none of the unsaved children massacred in the holocaust would have repented had they lived, which hardly seems likely.
If you choose to respond to this last point, please do so in the “Does God choose the best moment to die” thread.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: True Conversion Described [Re: Tom] #88575
05/03/07 02:05 AM
05/03/07 02:05 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Quote:
Also, I agree with you that Moses would not have been lost had he died before he was able to repent. I believe God imputes repentance in cases where people would have repented had they not died immediately.

Good! I'm glad we agree on this. Do you agree with the idea that what causes one to be lost is cherished sin? Actually, this is the first time I think I've thought of putting it just this way, but as I consider it, it seems to me to be accurate.

I didn't realize we agreed on God imputing repentance in cases involving people who would have repented had they died. And, yes, I agree that cherishing sin instead of Jesus is the reason why people are in a lost condition. Good point.

Quote:
It seems to me that the fight God is fighting is to influence us to cherish righteousness rather than sin. One who cherishes sin can still do "occasional good deeds," as Ellen White puts it. Conversely, one who cherishing righteousness can fall into temptation. But the cherishing of righteousness continues in the heart, as long as the committed sin is not cherished.

Good point. But don't you think God is fighting to influence us to cherish Jesus instead of sin or righteousness? Also, the "occasional good deeds" Sister White wrote about in SC 58 seems to refer to the fruits of the Spirit, rather than worldly good deeds.

Quote:
So to put this in the abiding language, what causes one to move out of abiding in Jesus is to cherish sin, not simply to commit it. One could commit a sin of ignorance, which would have no conscious effect on the one committing it, or commit a known sin, without cherishing it. If one refuses to respond to the wooing of the Holy Spirit to repent, that's where I think the abiding in Jesus part stops. So in Moses' case, he never stopped abiding in Jesus.

I'm not sure about this. Neglecting to abide in Jesus is as much as sin as the sins that follow. I suppose it would fall under the category of sins of omission. What do you think?

Re: True Conversion Described [Re: asygo] #88576
05/03/07 02:15 AM
05/03/07 02:15 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Quote:
MM: Abiding in Jesus, not being born again, is what empowers them to not commit a known sin. Abiding in Jesus, not rebirth, is the origin and source of their ability to not commit a known sin. More importantly, of course, abiding in Jesus is what empowers them to be like Jesus, to mature in the fruits of the Spirit. What they don't do is important, but what they do do is more important.

A: The way I see it, abiding in Jesus and being born again are equivalent. It's like being covered by water and being wet are equivalent. You cannot have one without the other. To me, they are interchangeable.

That's why I say that one born of God cannot sin, because one born of God is abiding in Jesus, and in Him is no sin or darkness at all.

I guess see things differently. I believe a person must experience the miracle of rebirth in order to begin abiding in Jesus, to begin partaking of the divine nature, to begin walking in the Spirit and mind of the new man, to begin maturing in the fruits of the Spirit.

That's why I believe a person doesn't instantly stop being born again when they cease to consciously choose to abide in Jesus, especially as it relates to committing a known sin unintentionally, spontaneously. However, as it relates to intentional, premediated sinning I suspect they have stopped being born again. They certainly have stopped abiding in Jesus.

What do you think about these distinctions?

Re: True Conversion Described [Re: Mountain Man] #88585
05/03/07 01:32 PM
05/03/07 01:32 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
A: I don't worry about it because I'm sure there's a lot of sins still in me. I don't worry about things which I'm sure about.

MM: When do you expect to stop believing you are sinning ignorantly because God is waiting to reveal it to you?

Also, can you think of an example of an unrevealed, unknown moral imperfection (not an intellectual imperfection) that a born again believer would refuse to confess and crucify if Jesus revealed it to him too soon?

I understand there are certain doctrines, like the Sabbath and diet and dress reform that some believers might reject out of ignorance, because they weren’t convinced of the truth when it was presented to them, but would they reject it if they were convinced, if they believed it was true and right?

If so, what does that say about the nature of their rebirth? In other words, if someone is the type of person who is willing to reject the truth when they are convinced it is true and right, can it be said of them that they are safe to save, that they are truly, genuinely born again?

……………………………

A: “…do you agree with what I posted above about being born with a conscious and instinctive knowledge of what is morally right and wrong as defined by the last six commandments?” No, I don't think I agree with your distinction. I will elaborate when I have more time later.

MM: Okay. Here is a short study to consider while you’re waiting to respond:

Quote:
Because mankind was originally made in the image and likeness of God, we are born with both a conscious and instinctive knowledge of what is morally right and wrong. “God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” (Romans 12:2) For example, we know from birth that it is morally wrong to lie, cheat, steal, murder, et cetera. Nobody has to tell us such things are wrong. We just know it naturally, instinctively. That’s how God programmed us from birth.

As through Christ every human being has life, so also through Him every soul receives some ray of divine light. Not only intellectual but spiritual power, a perception of right, a desire for goodness, exists in every heart. (RC 106)

A cursory study of feral people, children who were raised by animals, makes it obvious that we are born with an instinctive knowledge of what is morally right and wrong. Without ever having been told, feral children know it is wrong to lie, cheat, steal, and murder. In fact, they feel guilty when they violate any one of the last six commandments. The only way this is possible is if they were born with a conscious and instinctive knowledge of what is morally right and wrong.

Although we are born with a conscious and instinctive knowledge of what is morally right and wrong as defined by the last six commandments we are not, however, born with a mental or biblical knowledge of what is morally right and wrong as defined by the first four commandments. For example, we do not know from birth that is morally wrong to worship false gods, to make idols, to take the Lord’s name in vain, or to violate the Sabbath day. Nor are we born with an understanding of diet and dress reform.

Until we learn about such things through Bible study and prayer, we unwittingly disobey them, that is, we sin ignorantly. God does not, of course, hold us responsible until we are convicted of the truth. Consequently, it is possible for someone to experience “rebirth” before they understand the first four commandments. This applies to people, like indigenous natives, who have never heard of Jesus but who live in harmony with what they know naturally from birth. They are morally but not mentally converted.

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another. (Romans 2:13-16)

Those whom Christ commends in the judgment may have known little of theology, but they have cherished His principles. Through the influence of the divine Spirit they have been a blessing to those about them. Even among the heathen are those who have cherished the spirit of kindness; before the words of life had fallen upon their ears, they have befriended the missionaries, even ministering to them at the peril of their own lives. Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God. (DA 638)

We can also apply the principle of “morally but not mentally converted” to Christians who do not understand the truth about Sabbath keeping or diet and dress reform or any other doctrine which requires Bible study and prayer. In other words, a person can experience rebirth before they complete the process of converting to obeying and observing everything Jesus commanded.

………………………………..

A: All sin is a form of selfishness - self-love. But conversion, at the most fundamental level, is a change from selfishness to selflessness. So, the root of all sinful habits - selfishness - is removed upon conversion. Therefore, even though certain sinful habits might still be there, they are being eliminated because their root is gone.

MM: How does this idea fit in with the following insights:

Quote:
“His servants ye are to whom ye obey” (Rom. 6:16). If we indulge anger, lust, covetousness, hatred, selfishness, or any other sin, we become servants of sin. “No man can serve two masters” (Matt. 6:24). If we serve sin, we cannot serve Christ. The Christian will feel the promptings of sin, for the flesh lusteth against the Spirit; but the Spirit striveth against the flesh, keeping up a constant warfare. Here is where Christ’s help is needed. Human weakness becomes united to divine strength, and faith exclaims, “Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Cor. 15:57)! (SL 92, 93)

He who has determined to enter the spiritual kingdom will find that all the powers and passions of unregenerate nature, backed by the forces of the kingdom of darkness, are arrayed against him. Each day he must renew his consecration, each day do battle with evil. Old habits, hereditary tendencies to wrong, will strive for the mastery, and against these he is to be ever on guard, striving in Christ’s strength for victory. (AA 476)

Every day hereditary tendencies to wrong will strive for the mastery. Every day you are to war against your objectionable traits of character, until there are left in you none of those things which need to be separated from you. Then you will think candidly and wisely how to take yourself to the Lord. You will foresee the evils which will come unless you change by avoiding the cause which produces the effect. (6MR 84)

The human agent is to cooperate with God, and keep under those passions which should be in subjection. To do this he must be unwearied in his prayers to God, ever obtaining grace to control his spirit, temper, and actions. Through the imparted grace of Christ, he may be enabled to overcome. To be an overcomer means more than many suppose it means. (1SM 380, 381)

He who determines to enter the spiritual kingdom will find that all the powers and passions of an unregenerate nature, backed by the forces of the kingdom of darkness, are arrayed against him. Selfishness and pride will make a stand against anything that would show them to be sinful. We cannot, of ourselves, conquer the evil desires and habits that strive for the mastery. We cannot overcome the mighty foe who holds us in his thrall. God alone can give us the victory. He desires us to have the mastery over ourselves, our own will and ways. But He cannot work in us without our consent and co-operation. The divine Spirit works through the faculties and powers given to man. Our energies are required to co-operate with God. (MB 142)

Re: True Conversion Described [Re: Mountain Man] #88607
05/03/07 08:22 PM
05/03/07 08:22 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Also, I agree with you that Moses would not have been lost had he died before he was able to repent. I believe God imputes repentance in cases where people would have repented had they not died immediately.

Good! I'm glad we agree on this. Do you agree with the idea that what causes one to be lost is cherished sin? Actually, this is the first time I think I've thought of putting it just this way, but as I consider it, it seems to me to be accurate.

I didn't realize we agreed on God imputing repentance in cases involving people who would have repented had they died.
You’re right. I missed the second sentence. I agree with the first sentence.
And, yes, I agree that cherishing sin instead of Jesus is the reason why people are in a lost condition. Good point.
Quote:
It seems to me that the fight God is fighting is to influence us to cherish righteousness rather than sin. One who cherishes sin can still do "occasional good deeds," as Ellen White puts it. Conversely, one who cherishing righteousness can fall into temptation. But the cherishing of righteousness continues in the heart, as long as the committed sin is not cherished.

Good point. But don't you think God is fighting to influence us to cherish Jesus instead of sin or righteousness?
Of course! God loves us, and wants what’s best for us.
Also, the "occasional good deeds" Sister White wrote about in SC 58 seems to refer to the fruits of the Spirit, rather than worldly good deeds.
Good deeds are deeds that are good. “Worldly” doesn’t enter into it. Calling them fruits of the Spirit seems like it could be misleading, since that phrase usually applies to people who are saved.
Quote:
So to put this in the abiding language, what causes one to move out of abiding in Jesus is to cherish sin, not simply to commit it. One could commit a sin of ignorance, which would have no conscious effect on the one committing it, or commit a known sin, without cherishing it. If one refuses to respond to the wooing of the Holy Spirit to repent, that's where I think the abiding in Jesus part stops. So in Moses' case, he never stopped abiding in Jesus.

I'm not sure about this. Neglecting to abide in Jesus is as much as sin as the sins that follow. I suppose it would fall under the category of sins of omission. What do you think?

People don’t normally think in terms of doing something to abide in Jesus. If one loves God, it’s natural to think about Him, to want to know Him better, to do His will and so forth. It’s not so much that Moses did something to not abide in Jesus, but he got tempted, and lost his temper. That’s what I think.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: True Conversion Described [Re: Tom] #88612
05/04/07 12:39 AM
05/04/07 12:39 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
[color:blue]I don’t see any sense in this. If a person was going to repent, then why would his dying cause him to be lost? This is sounding like Catholic theology, where the priest has to come in and usher some last rites really quick before the person dies to make sure they get into purgatory, or some such.

Actually, far from being Catholic theology, this is uniquely Adventist theology. It has to do with the Investigative Judgment.

What are we judged by? IJ theology teaches us that we are judged by our works.

Read again the SOP I quoted, while thinking of this question: If a person was going to repent, then why would God allow him to die before he was able to do it? If God can keep people alive in a lions' den or fiery furnace, why would he leave in question the person's desire to repent?

Quote:
As long as there is hope, until they resist the Holy Spirit to their eternal ruin, men are guarded by heavenly intelligences. {OHC 23.2}

But let's say that you are right, that God will save one who did not get the chance to repent. How did God know that he would have repented? Unless if God knows what choices we will make before we make them. But I thought you firmly believe that our future choices are not knowable.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: True Conversion Described [Re: asygo] #88613
05/04/07 12:52 AM
05/04/07 12:52 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Here's some inspired insight on what happened with Moses.
 Quote:
Moses revealed great weakness before the people. He showed a marked lack of self-control, a spirit similar to that possessed by the murmurers. He should have been an example of forbearance and patience before that multitude, who were ready to excuse their failures, disaffections, and unreasonable murmurings, on account of this exhibition of wrong on his part. The greatest sin consisted in assuming to take the place of God. The position of honor that Moses had heretofore occupied did not lessen his guilt, but greatly magnified it. Here was a man hitherto blameless, now fallen. Many in a similar position would reason that their sin would be overlooked because of their long life of unwavering fidelity. But no; it was a more serious matter for a man who had been honored of God to show weakness of character in the exhibition of passion than if he had occupied a less responsible position. Moses was a representative of Christ, but how sadly was the figure marred! Moses had sinned, and his past fidelity could not atone for the present sin. . . . Moses and Aaron must die without entering Canaan, subjected to the same punishment that fell upon those in a more lowly position. They bowed in submission, though with anguish of heart that was inexpressible; but their love for and confidence in God was unshaken. . . . But few realize the sinfulness of sin. . . . The cases of Moses and Aaron . . . show that it is not a safe thing to sin in word or thought or deed. {CC 109.3}

And we're all probably familiar with the verses in Ezekiel about past holiness not excusing future wickedness.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: True Conversion Described [Re: Mountain Man] #88614
05/04/07 01:18 AM
05/04/07 01:18 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I guess see things differently. I believe a person must experience the miracle of rebirth in order to begin abiding in Jesus, to begin partaking of the divine nature, to begin walking in the Spirit and mind of the new man, to begin maturing in the fruits of the Spirit.

That's why I believe a person doesn't instantly stop being born again when they cease to consciously choose to abide in Jesus, especially as it relates to committing a known sin unintentionally, spontaneously. However, as it relates to intentional, premediated sinning I suspect they have stopped being born again. They certainly have stopped abiding in Jesus.

What do you think about these distinctions?

• rebirth
  • begin partaking of the divine nature
  • begin walking in the Spirit and mind of the new man
  • begin maturing in the fruits of the Spirit

These are not all the same thing, but they always go together. They are distinct, but never separate.

• partaking of the divine nature
  • walking in the Spirit and mind of the new man
  • maturing in the fruits of the Spirit

These, OTOH, continue forever.

As for committing a known sin unintentionally, I'm not sure that's really possible. Whoever is Christ's is led by the Spirit of God. The Spirit does not lead into sin. Rather, He leads into all truth.

I thought you believe that even sins of ignorance must be eradicated before rebirth. If so, how could known sins even exist at that point?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: True Conversion Described [Re: asygo] #88621
05/04/07 02:26 PM
05/04/07 02:26 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I don’t see any sense in this. If a person was going to repent, then why would his dying cause him to be lost? This is sounding like Catholic theology, where the priest has to come in and usher some last rites really quick before the person dies to make sure they get into purgatory, or some such.

Actually, far from being Catholic theology, this is uniquely Adventist theology. It has to do with the Investigative Judgment.

What are we judged by? IJ theology teaches us that we are judged by our works.

[color:blue]What would the works of Moses show? It would show that he loved God, loved the principles of His government, and would be happy in heaven. GC 543 says that the choice to be excluded from heaven *is voluntary*. Would Moses choose to be excluded from heaven? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Read again the SOP I quoted, while thinking of this question: If a person was going to repent, then why would God allow him to die before he was able to do it?

Why not? It doesn’t make any difference. Say you had an argument with your wife before going to work. You start to go to work, and get killed by a car accident. Wouldn’t your wife know (assuming this is consistent with your character) that you would have called her as soon as you could and told her you were sorry? Especially if this is always the way you were with her? Would she hold this against you the rest of her life? Would God act any differently?

Character is not determined by the occasional good deed or misdeed.

The way you are presenting things, imo, presents God in a petty way. He cares about big things. Does Arnold love Me? Does he love the principles of my government? Would he be happy in heaven? Would he be safe to take to heaven, or would he stir up a rebellion? These are the big things. If you make some mistake in a moment of weakness, how would this impact any of these big things? Now if you were to become intransigent in refusing to repent, that would be a big deal, but not a momentary weakness, and certainly not simply committing the act of repentance when it was in your heart to do so but simply did not have the opportunity.

If God can keep people alive in a lions' den or fiery furnace, why would he leave in question the person's desire to repent?
Because it’s not necessary! God does not need to see a person repent to know what is in the heart. God knows us. He knows if we would be happy in heaven or not. Repenting or not repenting of some momentary weakness doesn’t make any difference. God is not petty. This isn’t important. Do you love Jesus Christ? Are you amazed by the love of God revealed at the cross? Does your heart burn to know His truth and spread it to others? Do you want to share what a wonderful God we share? These are the burning issues.

Quote:
As long as there is hope, until they resist the Holy Spirit to their eternal ruin, men are guarded by heavenly intelligences. {OHC 23.2}

But let's say that you are right, that God will save one who did not get the chance to repent. How did God know that he would have repented? Unless if God knows what choices we will make before we make them. But I thought you firmly believe that our future choices are not knowable.

The future consists of some things which are knowable and others which aren’t. Not all things are unknowable. Even we, ignorant as we are, can predict quite a lot about the future, and, in particular, how ones we know well will act in certain situations, such as our loved ones.

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!